AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-06-2008, 12:20   #6871

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
I'm a bit irritated right now. Ronaldinho is not the player we need... because he is not a real striker. An attacking midfielder should not be on top of our list. It should be an option, but it is outrageous that Ronaldinho is ahead of a real forward.

Quote:
Before Giancarlo jumps on me again, YES I want to play with 2 strikers. I just count Dinho as one. Let me make it clear though that we MUST get at least 1 striker.
I'm not going to jump on you again, but I'm just going to say that Ronaldinho simply isn't a second striker.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:21   #6872

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
*sorry double post*
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:30   #6873

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
we need both. They dont need to be adebayor and dinho, although i think we deserve it considering all that milans won and sold last few years w/o any purchases in return.

I'd be more than ok though if we got 1 and found a young highly rated striker or AM.... perhaps some1 in south america or iunno.... ben arfa, joao moutinho, van der vaart, i dunno... theres so many more talented youngesters.........

i think seedorf was crap last year. I think he is useful, but he will be 33. He is SLOW, and in majority of games he doesnt run. when will milan management realize, not everyone is maldini or costacurta playing will into mid late 30s.... most players see a major decline once they pass 30 (gattuso for 1 on our squad)
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:32   #6874

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I'm a bit irritated right now. Ronaldinho is not the player we need... because he is not a real striker. An attacking midfielder should not be on top of our list. It should be an option, but it is outrageous that Ronaldinho is ahead of a real forward.



I'm not going to jump on you again, but I'm just going to say that Ronaldinho simply isn't a second striker.

we have strikers, Boriello, Inzaghi, Pato.

Pato is going to be a great player, and hence needs the games to g better, signing another striker, may reduce his role. though i am up for anotrher striker, i can understand why we never got one.

look @ CR7, he isnt a striker, but he had the most goals in the EPl last year.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:35   #6875

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
we have strikers, Boriello, Inzaghi, Pato.

Pato is going to be a great player, and hence needs the games to g better, signing another striker, may reduce his role. though i am up for anotrher striker, i can understand why we never got one.

look @ CR7, he isnt a striker, but he had the most goals in the EPl last year.
Don't you understand this is simply not enough? Why should we only have three strikers, when most other teams have far more than that? I think a fourth striker is necessary... what if we have another injury crisis?

If this is the case we do not buy another striker, then we will have to keep Paloschi as the forth striker and not loan him out. That may be another idea... but are these players really consistent enough? I don't see why Pato's role would have to be reduced.. we would just play with two strikers... that's all.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:39   #6876

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
we have strikers, Boriello, Inzaghi, Pato.

Pato is going to be a great player, and hence needs the games to g better, signing another striker, may reduce his role. though i am up for anotrher striker, i can understand why we never got one.

look @ CR7, he isnt a striker, but he had the most goals in the EPl last year.
pato is 18. Why dont we put more pressure on him!? Borriello is crap. Inzaghi is 35.

and your manUtd analogy is a little unfair. He had rooney and tevez upfront who both drop back and create room for him. Rooney had 12 assists in league alone. I don't see inzaghi dropping back for dinho lol
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:40   #6877

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
we need both. They dont need to be adebayor and dinho, although i think we deserve it considering all that milans won and sold last few years w/o any purchases in return.

I'd be more than ok though if we got 1 and found a young highly rated striker or AM.... perhaps some1 in south america or iunno.... ben arfa, joao moutinho, van der vaart, i dunno... theres so many more talented youngesters.........

i think seedorf was crap last year. I think he is useful, but he will be 33. He is SLOW, and in majority of games he doesnt run. when will milan management realize, not everyone is maldini or costacurta playing will into mid late 30s.... most players see a major decline once they pass 30 (gattuso for 1 on our squad)
I woke up and found this news... I mean yes I often do defend the management... but they have priorities wrong here. Forget Ronaldinho for a minute, and lets a striker. And heck, maybe we should get Hernanes from Sao Paolo FC...

But what should be at the top of our list is a real forward. Not a second striker, but a real forward.

I thought Seedorf was fine, but he needs to be rested for major tournaments and he can play every now and then in major domestic games... that's why while I'm in favor of getting another attacking midfielder, our mind should be focused on a new CF.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:43   #6878

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
pato is 18. Why dont we put more pressure on him!? Borriello is crap. Inzaghi is 35.

and your manUtd analogy is a little unfair. He had rooney and tevez upfront who both drop back and create room for him. Rooney had 12 assists in league alone. I don't see inzaghi dropping back for dinho lol
I don't think Borriello is crap at all, but I really don't think I can totally 100% trust him in major and important games, like regarding a tournament. I hope he proves me wrong and scores a ton.

Yes I certainly don't think Inzaghi is going to fall back at all... he plays at the front.

Anyways... this whole Adebayor thing is getting so irritating!

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.a...enutoId=754336

"Yes of course [I am staying], I have three more years contract so whatever happens I have to stay. I am staying at Arsenal," he declared.

However in a sensational turnaround, just an hour later, Adebayor then stated that there was a chance he could leave.

"I am footballer, I have a three-year contract at Arsenal but as you know, a lot of clubs are interested in me," he told Sky Sports News.

"At the moment we are just going to sit down and talk and decide what to do. Nothing has been decided yet. We will decide next week."

Also earlier today, Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani appeared to pull out of the race to sign Adebayor when he said that the Rossoneri were planning for “a Milan with Ronaldinho and without Adebayor.”

However, Rossoneri midfielder Clarence Seedorf has now sensationally claimed that Adebayor has told him that he will in fact be joining Milan.

“When I spoke with him I said ‘I’m waiting for you’," Seedorf told Setanta Sports News.

-----

Can this guy make up his damn mind? Does he want to stay or leave?
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:43   #6879

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
We have 2 out and out strikers in Inzaghi & Borreillo, another who can play as striker in Pato as well as playing as a deep forward, along with Kaka. IMO to sign a pure striker we need creative players to assist him, with better wing players, and through passing but to sign a player like Ronaldinho we get a player who can get 20 goals circa plus lay on quiet a few more too, operates wide, comes short, basically on form a complete attacker. With Kaka havnig less pressure to deliver with his arrival, Pato should perform better this season, and Borreillo/Inzaghi will get a good look in, and hopefully Abate will get a few appearances too. I think R10 would make our forward line more complete than Adebayor at a cheap price, and with more shirt sales, and media awareness too, something that Berlu craves.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:44   #6880

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
ben arfa is going for 11m. Marsailles dropped out because they cant meet his 35k a week wage demands. with those he'd be the poorest one herE!
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:45   #6881

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Don't forget Seedorf only played AM in the Christmas Tree formation. Now that I assume we're switching back to 4-3-1-2, Seedorf will be backup for Kaka because he doesn't want to play his old role anymore. Hence I don't think we really need a new AM. I think we need a creative central midfielder. I'm all for Cigarini but what do I know.
Mystik is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:46   #6882

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
i disagree. I think a striker is priority #1 as i dont trust borriello. I think for attacking midfield, as much as i'd LOVE dinho. i could do with someone else. ben Arfa, van der vaart! someone carlo would actually play and platoon w/ Clarence.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:49   #6883

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i disagree. I think a striker is priority #1 as i dont trust borriello. I think for attacking midfield, as much as i'd LOVE dinho. i could do with someone else. ben Arfa, van der vaart! someone carlo would actually play and platoon w/ Clarence.
Well I hope Borriello proves both of us wrong.

But we really need another real striker.

As far as an attacking midfielder, I think Hernanes would be a better option over Ronaldinho. He's like five years younger and is in far better form. I've recently seen him play in the Copa Libertadores.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:49   #6884

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Nono I meant we need a creative CM more than we need an AM. We need a striker...period.
Mystik is offline  
Old 27-06-2008, 12:50   #6885

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
Nono I meant we need a creative CM more than we need an AM. We need a striker...period.
i could go for this... someone like fabregas. who will get involved on defense

Joao Moutinho!!! Cigarini could be good too.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:01.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.