AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-06-2008, 00:13   #7081

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
To critize Barcelona who had a disastrous run domestically in the last two years from the perspective of a Milan fan is just not right at the moment. B/c we finished forth and fifth the last two years in our domestic league. That even worse than Barcelona.
Another thing is that, yes, you can say Barcelona had not won anything since 2006, but thats the same thing with Milan, bc the last time we won something is 2007. JUST ONE YEAR DIFFERENCE.

If I am Adebayor, I will probably go to Barcelona b/c they will pay more MONEY. Remember, I said IF I AM ADEBAYOR, since it only makes sense, more exposure(CL), more money, easier league to score, a more youthful presense, also being there in the beginning of a new era(something that Milan cann't say, since the coach is still there and the majority of the team is quite old, on top of that u have someone like Seedorf(who plays for himself). The last part is given to the fact that Barcelona will sell ETO, R10, Edmilson, Marquez, and Deco
Selective thinking its finest, at least we won the CL. Not "even worse" than Barcelona. I find that totally ridiculous. If I was Adebayor I'd go with Milan because of the way Milan is as a team. A more youthful presence? What do you think Milan is doing right now? A majority of the team is quite old? Seedorf plays for Milan so don't be ridiculous.

Milan is guaranteed success for Adebayor and I'll be surprised if he does not come to Milan. Not only are you criticisms outlandish they are quite unfair to the new wave of youth players coming into Milan this transfer season.

And Adebayor would most likely connect with Alexandre Pato if we play 4-3-1-2... so how is that not having young players on that?

And Barcelona will pay more money? Reeeally? Is that why Milan players are paid more than most Barcelona players?

Last edited by Giancarlo; 30-06-2008 at 00:16.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 00:15   #7082

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
First off, I thought we should not judge players by big tourny.
Well, I do enjoy the way Modric plays, but his size is what I think prevented Milan to reallly sign him. I mean, can u imagine having Gattuso, Prilo and Modric as the three midfield roles. They will have no protection from the AIR. Well, at least thats my opinion. I am sure if the midfield have players like Diarra and De ROssi, Modric would fit right in.

As for Seedorf, for the last time, he is the only players that I have heard of who quit on his NATIONAL TEAM b/c he could not start, or as reported did not agree with Van Basten tactics(which is him being bench), and on top of that telling his club that he is not supporting the clubs signings.

I strongly believe that if Milan does sign R10, Seedorf will ask to leave Milan right away. IF that is WORLD CLASS then I guess ADEBAYOR should deserve HENRY's TYPE MONEY for telling his clubs pay me or I will leave, since Seedorf is saying play me or I will leave.

Rui Costa is WORLD CLASS, and that should be an example of WORLD CLASS player. JDT is another WORLD CLASS PLAYER, PIPPO is another. WORLD CLASS player are players who not only talented but also someone who plays for the team and not for stats and self.
interesting... i think ur 100% right seedorf will leave... prob next season though. his ego wont let him on the bench. but remember it is this ego that drove him to the hieghts he's reached to (before we knock him too much)
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 00:17   #7083

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
And lets be fair. Every player has their egos... some are more modest than others... but Seedorf has been vital for Milan. And I've seen bigger egos in the EPL... far bigger than I've seen in the Serie A. Cristiano Ronaldo and Ballack are two names that come to mine...
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 01:08   #7084

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
So what if you've seen bigger egos in the EPL? That still doesnt change the fact that Seedorf has got one huge ego and other members are right to point out that if he ever gets benched consistently, he will start causing problems.
rt9 is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 01:09   #7085

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
And I cannot see how you can criticize Barcelona. They won the double in 2006--something we have not done in ages, and finished in the top four every season since. We are playing in UEFA Cup next year and you still have the arrogance to diss other teams.
rt9 is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 01:16   #7086

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
So what if you've seen bigger egos in the EPL? That still doesnt change the fact that Seedorf has got one huge ego and other members are right to point out that if he ever gets benched consistently, he will start causing problems.
Respectfully disagreed. I don't think Seedorf has an ego bigger than any other on Milan, and certainly not as large as those in the EPL. I'm not going to get into another petty argument with you. It's obvious we see nothing eye to eye and we have very different intentions on where we want to see Milan headed. Seedorf will play the UEFA Cup and major matches... to keep up the quality factor and I'm sure he understands that.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 01:17   #7087

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
And I cannot see how you can criticize Barcelona. They won the double in 2006--something we have not done in ages, and finished in the top four every season since. We are playing in UEFA Cup next year and you still have the arrogance to diss other teams.
My arrogance? How the hell am I arrogant? Diss other teams? It seems like you're cheering on a far different team that I am. I want to see the best for Milan, and obviously you simply don't care for Milan. Of course I want to see the double (UEFA CUP + Scudetto)... but we at least are not trophyless like the big mess of Barcelona.

UEFA cup... it sounds like you don't even give a damn about it. Just like everything else.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 30-06-2008 at 01:23.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 01:30   #7088

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Honestly, I could care less about UEFA Cup. AC Milan are bigger than UEFA Cup, we are a Champions League team. Missing out qualification is a big deal considering how good our record is in the UCL.

Say what you want about Seedorf, but when the time comes, we will see who is right. When he does not start games or gets substituted, we will see whether or not he throws tantrums (like he usually does).

You're calling Barcelona a big mess? As someone else pointed out, their recent record is not too different than ours. Since 2005, they have won 2 La Liga titles, and 1 CL, while we have won 1 CL, finished second (if you dont count the Calciopoli punishment), 4th, and then missed out on CL. If they are such a big mess, than what are we?
rt9 is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 01:34   #7089

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
Honestly, I could care less about UEFA Cup. AC Milan are bigger than UEFA Cup, we are a Champions League team. Missing out qualification is a big deal considering how good our record is in the UCL.

Say what you want about Seedorf, but when the time comes, we will see who is right. When he does not start games or gets substituted, we will see whether or not he throws tantrums (like he usually does).

You're calling Barcelona a big mess? As someone else pointed out, their recent record is not too different than ours. Since 2005, they have won 2 La Liga titles, and 1 CL, while we have won 1 CL, finished second (if you dont count the Calciopoli punishment), 4th, and then missed out on CL. If they are such a big mess, than what are we?
Bayern messed up one year and fixed that. Teams undergo transition years. Bayern did and underwent a transition year. I think they put way too much pressure on Luca Toni though to think of it... but they did win their domestic title and will be in the CL.

So stop bashing the team you claim to support, and lets put our support behind them. They need to have our support.

I do care about the UEFA Cup and think we should win it regardless.

And our record is better than Barcelona's internationally. We've won more international titles then they have ever won. And you can't talk about since 2005. Say the last two decades. They are an organization nightmare, buying players they don't need and not focusing on their defense. That's why I said they were a big mess.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 01:35   #7090

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Oh and to rub the point in even a bit more, Milan played in the UEFA Cup not too long ago... 2001 was it? Milan has played in the UEFA Cup before... like any team has its cycles...
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 02:12   #7091

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
But our cycle wouldn't be over if the management hadn't lied about transfers.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 05:10   #7092

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Giancarlo, I think as well as he is a MILAN player, u will support them.

Thats all kool, but pls respect others opinions too.

As for us and Barcelona. I really don't think we can say Barcelona is a mess and that we did better than them over the past few years. B/c to me, nomatter how bad you claim Barcelona is, they did manage to stay in the top 4 of La Liga where as Milan did not.

And the teams that beated Milan to the CL spots are Juve and Viola. Of which one team played in Series B the previous season another team is half the financial power house that is to Milan.

As for Adebayor getting more money in Barcelona than Milan, I don't even want to go there as a lot of people here had already explained the wages, taxes diff., between Spain and Italy.

One last thing, Milan does pay more wages than Barcelona in a whole, and it is not something to be proud of, since those players did not bring in the results and finishing 4th in the league (with CL spot) is not acceptable. It is funny how you claim Barcelona is a mess, while as I think the wages Milan paid to the players is a financial burden and mess that the MGT just did not know how to deal with.

Don't get me wrong, I support Milan hands down but when they make mistakes or mismanage, as their true supporter, I think I have a RIGHT to criticize them.

So don't ever question or criticize any fans in this forum that they don't support Milan or our players. As we all love and the team.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 05:16   #7093

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Giancarlo, I think as well as he is a MILAN player, u will support them.

Thats all kool, but pls respect others opinions too.

As for us and Barcelona. I really don't think we can say Barcelona is a mess and that we did better than them over the past few years. B/c to me, nomatter how bad you claim Barcelona is, they did manage to stay in the top 4 of La Liga where as Milan did not.

And the teams that beated Milan to the CL spots are Juve and Viola. Of which one team played in Series B the previous season another team is half the financial power house that is to Milan.

As for Adebayor getting more money in Barcelona than Milan, I don't even want to go there as a lot of people here had already explained the wages, taxes diff., between Spain and Italy.
Milan has some of the highest paid players in the world, and Kaka is one example of this. To say otherwise is false. Indeed, you still don't understand what I mean by a mess... Milan is relatively organized and has a family like atmosphere. Barcelona... you had major fights out break between players.

You're misstating what I think and I'm not going to accept that. I think Adebayor, if he was smarter, should go to Italy for all practical reasons.

Quote:
One last thing, Milan does pay more wages than Barcelona in a whole, and it is not something to be proud of, since those players did not bring in the results and finishing 4th in the league (with CL spot) is not acceptable. It is funny how you claim Barcelona is a mess, while as I think the wages Milan paid to the players is a financial burden and mess that the MGT just did not know how to deal with.
Wages are paid according to ability at Milan, though I still think there should be adjustments and cuts made. I find your attacks unjustified, as Milan has reached great success internationally (with regards to the CL) with this great team.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I support Milan hands down but when they make mistakes or mismanage, as their true supporter, I think I have a RIGHT to criticize them.

So don't ever question or criticize any fans in this forum that they don't support Milan or our players. As we all love and the team.
I'm not going to support your attacks on management. Fine, make all the attacks you want, but I'll be here to counter them and criticize your arguments.

And I will certainly criticize and question when I see things said I view as improper, incorrect and inaccurate.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 05:18   #7094

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
interesting... i think ur 100% right seedorf will leave... prob next season though. his ego wont let him on the bench. but remember it is this ego that drove him to the hieghts he's reached to (before we knock him too much)
Well, no doubt Seedorf got talents, but Ajax period to me, Ajax would still be a force with or withour Seedorf, as they just played such a strong team game. He did well during his sting at Real and did great with us in the beginning.

But I just can't stand anyone who left his NT b/c he could not start. I mean a truly great players will stay and wait for a chance to show that the coach made a mistake for leaving him on the bench. Seedorf did not do that, he just left. What makes you think he won't do that in Milan when Milan sign R10 or Ashavin or another Attk Mid.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 05:28   #7095

e-Milan

Registered User
 
e-Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
e-Milan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
As for Adebayor getting more money in Barcelona than Milan, I don't even want to go there as a lot of people here had already explained the wages, taxes diff., between Spain and Italy.

One last thing, Milan does pay more wages than Barcelona in a whole, and it is not something to be proud of, since those players did not bring in the results and finishing 4th in the league (with CL spot) is not acceptable. It is funny how you claim Barcelona is a mess, while as I think the wages Milan paid to the players is a financial burden and mess that the MGT just did not know how to deal with.
sorry to quote u gabriel, I just wanna ask to the forum about this one.

if a player is said of being paid X euro per week, is it a Nett salary ? the one who's gonna pay the tax is the team Management right ? or the player should also pay from that X amount ?
so with the current Tax System in Italy, Milan (and other italian teams), will be the one who has more burden compared to Barca, and not the player (compared to Barca Player), right ?
e-Milan is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:56.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.