AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-06-2008, 05:43   #7096

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
For an Eto lover, I am surprise you are not supporting the idea of Adebayor going to Barcelona, as that would mean Eto has a chance to come to Milan.

Like I said in my first post, IF I AM ADEBAYOR I WOULD CHOOSE BARCELONA OVER MILAN, B/C MOST LIKELY BARCELONA WILL OFFER ME MORE MONEY, PLAY IN CL and PLAY WITH HENRY.

B/C if MIlan needs to pay the same amount as Barcelona for Adebayor's wages, I think Milan needs to pay like 30% or more due to tax. (Pls look at previous post for details, I think either Gio or Tony explained that clearly) Thus, Milan will most likely not able to match Barcelona's offer wages. Get that through your thick head, it has nothing to do with Milan not wanting to pay the money, it has to do with tax. And since Adebayor is the one who kept saying he needs to pay more and he is undervalue, he sounds just like a money hunter and will go to a team that pays him the most.

As for the players getting the CL for Milan, well thats great but can we win the CL next year with these players and their wages? Oh, wait, we missed out b/c those players just did not perform.

Look at Pool and compare it with us since 2005 in CL

05=Pool-Winner
05=Milan-Runner-ups
06=Pool-Round of 16
06=Milan-Semi
07=Pool-Runner-ups
07=Milan-Winner
08=Pool-Semi
08=Milan-Round 16.

So the record is the same, but the wage bill, not sure about the exact figure for Pool, but I think it is less than Milan and I am sure it was a lot less than Milan a few years ago when they did not have Torres and Babel.
What I am trying to say is that, Milan wage's bill is probably the top 3 in the world and quite frankly, they should always be at the top of all competitions. Not to mention scoring against teams like Genoa.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 05:44   #7097

AlessandroNesta

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2007
AlessandroNesta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Who cares? I could care less about what mrki thinks about his relatively unimpressive Croat players (and I saw them play in the Cup). Modric can go where ever he wants.


what an arrogance!? unimpressive!? Modric, croatian best player, is unimpressive? a player who completely dominates on pitch against England and Germany. you probably didn't watch Croatia - Argentina back in March 2006. his FIRST match for NT and he was probably MoM. even Messi couldn't get past him. but yes, Seedorf is surely a better player than Modric. he has 35 awful performances and 10 good/great... why would we need consistency of Modric? why would we need player who (with team of mostly antitalents and idiots) almost got his club into knockout stages of UEFA cup. what he did to Basel, Brann, Rennes... only because he did not have Eduardo Dinamo didn't win those games. but why would we care if we have Brocchi and Emerson...

but, then again, if we had so good squad last season, Giancarlo, why we finished 5th and were embarassed on San Siro against Arsenal?
AlessandroNesta is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 05:49   #7098

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-Milan View Post
sorry to quote u gabriel, I just wanna ask to the forum about this one.

if a player is said of being paid X euro per week, is it a Nett salary ? the one who's gonna pay the tax is the team Management right ? or the player should also pay from that X amount ?
so with the current Tax System in Italy, Milan (and other italian teams), will be the one who has more burden compared to Barca, and not the player (compared to Barca Player), right ?
TO be honest, I will let TOny or Gio answer that for me, as I just know IT teams need to pay more than Spanish teams or EPL teams for a player.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 06:18   #7099

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
That was just a friendly. I'm not exactly convinced.
But you pay the certainty of your investment.
For example, Torres was a bet a few years ago. Nobody could say if he could prove himself at the highest level. Now he's a certainty.
But the difference is some 30 + millions .

Ronaldinho getting back to his best is a bet, that's why his tag price isn't 80 M anymore.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 06:25   #7100

k7r

Registered User
 
k7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Fave Players: Il Capitano
k7r is on a distinguished road
Forget Ade, Forget Eto'o, Forget Drogba

We should buy somebody whose form is on a high......& who is cheap, to make room for other defensive signings as well......

What about ROQUE SANTA CRUZ !!!

He will be cheaper.....plus we can get R10....That will answer all our needs in attack


What do u say guys????
k7r is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 06:55   #7101

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I've seen some posts where members are questioning how much others support Milan. Cut it out or I will get involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-Milan View Post
sorry to quote u gabriel, I just wanna ask to the forum about this one.

if a player is said of being paid X euro per week, is it a Nett salary ? the one who's gonna pay the tax is the team Management right ? or the player should also pay from that X amount ?
so with the current Tax System in Italy, Milan (and other italian teams), will be the one who has more burden compared to Barca, and not the player (compared to Barca Player), right ?
I might be wrong, but I think the player pays the tax, thus what they get to hand is the net, with taxes taken from their gross salary. In Italy, as taxes are higher than Spain or England (not too sure if it is higher than England), management have to offer more money to compete with other nations, as players will really only be interested in their net wage.

If a Spanish team and Italian team offer the player the same gross wage, then the net wage the player gets with the Spanish team is higher than what they get with the Italian team. Therefore, if the Italian team wants to match the Spanish, they have to offer a larger gross wage.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 07:06   #7102

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Well said, Dev.
I'm not sure how exactly it goes, but i think the players can:
1) get the gross sum, calculated upon the net wage, and pays the taxes
2) get the net sum directly, and put a clause with the club in order that the club pays all the taxes on the player's behalf.

These sums coming from sportive performances are considered work incomes, but a particular cathegory of that. The taxation of sportive athletes follows many specific rules, that only partially follow the general taxation rules. In general we can say that sportive societies have a favourable fiscal regime.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 07:14   #7103

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Wow NOW I'm Really really glad we didn't get Torres....a La Liga player who can only score in the Liga, EPL, CL and EUROS....such a small game player who only scored vs. the low level teams
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 07:28   #7104

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
our signings have been quality, and many are youth players. You can't bash on Antonini or Abate. Especially not Abate since he has displayed great performances...

You can't say anything about our other signings and you have no evidence for just about anything you say besides angry rantings since management isn't acquiring who you want. It's ridiculous... and it's getting annoying.
quality? Lampard, Quaresma, that's quality and while I'm a Milan fan until I die, I'm quite envying our neighbor who had the brave to sign those quality players. And because I'm a Milan fan, I always hoped the best for our team, including the best players, not some fringe, unproven talents. When I mean quality, I mean a quality, not some recent success.

Quote:
Oh and I'm not a Milan fan? The transfer season is not even open yet. We got Alexandre Pato but I'm sure you forgot about that one because you have this agenda against the management, and you cant' justify anything this transfer season as we are acquiring many quality player,s many of them really young player.s And I could care less about Quaresma.

Juve have signed very few people. You should this mercato is NOTHING like the last two because management HAD A KICK IN THE REAR to wake up.
I want the PROVE...! Let's see together then.

Quote:
Who cares? I could care less about what mrki thinks about his relatively unimpressive Croat players (and I saw them play in the Cup). Modric can go where ever he wants. We've signed Zambrotta, Flamini, Abate (who is superb), Antonini (who is a great player as back-up)... I have defended Borriello in the past and think he can deliver for Milan.
Superb? Great player? Looks like our standard is different then,

Quote:
So stop bashing the team you claim to support, and lets put our support behind them. They need to have our support.
The fans want the best for the team and that's why there are so may critics: to make the team better according to what they want. And that isn't wrong.

Quote:
I do care about the UEFA Cup and think we should win it regardless.
YES!


Quote:
Giancarlo, I think as well as he is a MILAN player, u will support them.

Thats all kool, but pls respect others opinions too.
Yes. We all want the best for Milan.

Quote:
Wow NOW I'm Really really glad we didn't get Torres....a La Liga player who can only score in the Liga, EPL, CL and EUROS....such a small game player who only scored vs. the low level teams
Liga, EPL, CL, and EUROS... That means almost every tournaments he's played in. And who knows that he can't or can score in Serie A? Small game player? What's wrong with that. At last season we even couldn't score against several low level teams. I'd love to see Torres at Milan. He's great player, scored at EURO final, and a world-class striker.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 07:28   #7105

MVBasten

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
MVBasten is on a distinguished road
I find it amusing that some people actually think that a Milan fan shouldn't critisize other teams for their poor results as long as Milan is doing worse. It's no secret that Barca had a terrible (for their standards) league finish this season, and it's no secret that so did Milan. I think 99% of us in here have been critisizing Milan for the season performance (repeatedly!) to the extent that there is nothing more to say about it, so I guess the only natural thing is to change the focus to other clubs to keep it interesting.
MVBasten is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 07:28   #7106

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Wow NOW I'm Really really glad we didn't get Torres....a La Liga player who can only score in the Liga, EPL, CL and EUROS....such a small game player who only scored vs. the low level teams
Don't forget the World Cup, he only scored 3 goals on 4 matches there.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 07:39   #7107

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Wow...10+ pages...and at the end....little new info:

Seedorf's stance is unsurprising to most people who have followed him for a while.

He has never liked the bench (who does?), but while other players, who are true team players like Rui Costa (what a gentleman) will sit on the bench because they know its best for the "team"....he won't...for club, nor country.

His "frequent" club migration, also is typical of a player who is willing to leave if he figures he won't be getting a starting role, as opposed to a player willing to fight for a place.

There is no reason, apart from selfish pride, why Clarence wouldn't welcome R10 to Milan....even if Carlo has "assured" that he will still start even with R10 in the lineup, it would mean him playing out of position...something the egotistical clown won't even consider it seems.

Football is a team game, there is no "I" in TEAM, and if Seedorf wants to leave...let's see if one of the EPL moneybags clubs will pay £10M for him.....could go a long way in funding purchases for new players.

I do respect his footballing ability...when on form, he is world class...but he cannot be on top form all season, and his willingness to "take the team down" by "insisting" that he start, is for me, sufficient reason to make what we can from him now....I am sure Blackburn need a playmaker.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 08:03   #7108

MVBasten

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
MVBasten is on a distinguished road
Let's not judge a player until he gets a chance to prove himself. Antonini and Abate are young players that has shown great promise to be useful players for us, and they shouldn't automatically be called mediocre players and dissapointing signings. I mean very few (if any) in here had seen anything of Kaka or Pato before we signed them (other than silly youtube videos where it's not hard to make even the worst players look like world class), yet they proved to be just as good and even better than most profiled players we could've baught. Pato played like half a season on a professional level in Brazil, even though he according to everyone played great that half a season he had hardly proven to be a top player. Anyone doubt he is now, still even having played half a season for us aswell? I doubt it.

As much as we like to say our management sucks and don't know what they are doing, they actually do. Sure, we think they make mistakes, and they obviously do (they are human), but also remember that while they have all the information (players, condition [Milan Lab], economy etc) about the club, while we have only partial information. Even though it seemed obvious to us that Milan needed fresh blood the last few season to more extent than what was baught, even if you could point at what actually happened as evidence, it doesn't make us correct. Does this statement sound weird? Let me explain:

When you make decisions based on partial/incomplete information, you make a best guess and even if the result is what you expected it doesn't make your guess correct. This concept is hard to understand for alot of people, but if any of you are professional sportsbetters, poker players or stock brokers, you absolutely know this. Football is a game with alot of random elements, and you can never know every little factor that plays into a good analyzis of how a specific game will play out. Lets for argument sake say that the management knew ahead of this season that the chance of us getting injuries on more than 1 player in the defense at the same time was 1% (based on statistics and trends etc). If that is the case it wouldn't make sense to spend alot of money on strengthening the defense to lower this 1% chance. This 1% basically means that if the season was played out 100 times, this would accour only 1 of those times.This is course just an example I made up, and is prolly far from the truth, but I'm just making a point.

I assume the management have people running analyzis gathering all the information they have available (Milan Lab is especially important with all the info it has on the players) as to what they need to do in the best interest of the club. Some times their analyzis will be wrong, some times the worst case scenario happens, you can never truely know.
MVBasten is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 09:10   #7109

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
As I've said, I dont think Modric is as good as Gerrard, its not a smart and modest thing to say. But to me it looks like Jim Uk doesnt have a clue about Modric and the way he plays, from what I've read in here. So the discussion is quite pointless.

And at this period of time Croatia does play better football then England and has younger squad to play for years ro come. But England is a world football power, so no point discussing that also.

But Modric is NOT AM, he is every position you want him to be. I've seen him play DM, CM, RM; LM, AM - he did it all. Not much players can play it all. But Gerrard CAN and
he has also played it all.

EDIT:

on torres: Gattuso this summer gave an interwiew in which he said our people in the club didnt see Torres as a world class player and Milan decided not to pay for him. It was a pure mistake, nothing more. torrs was always absoulte class, he always played like an animal and scored whenever he played.

Now we shouldnt do the same mistake with Ronaldinho who had a bad season with Barca and their coach who managed to make Zambrotta, Abidal, Deco, Eto'o, Henry, Yaya Toure and so on...look like average players. Barca's fitness was horrible, and so was Ronaldinho's. Plus,. he was ina relationship with Rijkaards DAUGHTER and so on... Dinho will play super once he comes to Milanello, Im sure. Lets just not be "claver" as we vere with Torres that can onlay score in Spain...
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau

Last edited by mrki; 30-06-2008 at 09:15.
mrki is offline  
Old 30-06-2008, 09:20   #7110

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
A few months ago i was used to read our team was old and we needed young guns. Now i read our new players are finally young, but unproven.
I think we can call this the "market neurosis".
There's always a reason for being unsatisfied.

That said, Milan should really settle a few positions, but Abate or Antonini are good players. I really want to see how many tricks Queer-ass-ma does in Serie A, before the likes of Loria and Carrozzieri break his nose.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.