AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 08:05   #7411

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Ultra View Post
It's a loan deal. Galliani confirmed it yesterday.

"Con Abate dobbiamo pensare a rinnovare il contratto ma non vogliamo perderlo. Per questo lo abbiamo dato in prestito al Torino con un diritto di riscatto molto alto".

- Adriano Galliani.
I may be wrong but this means that Abate is loaned to Torino and Torino has the right to buy him at the end of the season for a fixed price that is very high for a team like Torino.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 08:11   #7412

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Yes I think that's right Tony.

tgcom says we are interested in Luis Fabiano and plan b is gomez.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 09:29   #7413

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Don't know if this was posted but it'll make Dru REALLY HAPPY.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=760317
Mr. Anonymous is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 09:58   #7414

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Man above me: that's the first thing I read

@ Warro:

Please stop trying to pour water on my concerns by calling them childish. I'm not offended but it's a poor argument strategy. Change is often the only thing that remains constant and all of us need to understand and accept this. I will NEVER question Berlu's record and what he has done for us because he is one of the major proponents in us being the most successful club internationally. However time and people and circumstances change. If he has gotten tired or less concerned with Milan I don't hold it against him......you can NEVER quote me Warro as insulting either Berlu or Galliani. But I AM sorely disappointed at their APPROACH to the transfer market.

The fact remains that at least in the eyes of an ordinary and quite probably ignorant man on the street there seems to be a noticeable reluctance to go after the best players the market has to offer. Now that in itself would be fine because the teams that win are not necessarily 11 superstars or even 11 stars but 11 role-players. The problem is that we have few players to play the role of "wide/wing play" and "speedsters". Compounding the problem are the promises of not only role players but star players to fit that role. Another vacant role is the "targetman"......why should they dangle promises of one then claim that they can't afford them? In essence we get disappointed TWICE when if they simply said nothing we could have been only disappointed once- i.e. disappointment at not getting a superstar to play that role.

Also with all due respect I must say that your fears about our financial condition are completely unfounded. Milan was one of the few teams in Italy that made a profit last year. In addition we have been making big sales in Olivera and Gilardino. Even if we were going to get a tad into the red when you add up the wages and transfer fees.....how have Real, Barca, ManU (whose owner isn't only poorer than Berlu but is serious debt as well) etc do it? Are we not at least on their level? Milan had a record number of season tickets sold last year...even if we don't win silverware I would hope that our management is responsible enough to at least give these fans a show....how do you put on a show??? Surely not with the likes of Antonini, Brocchi, Borriello, Emerson etc....you put on a show with the likes of Kaka, Pato Ronaldo (if he comes back )and Seedorf....in times gone by Berlu has been giving the stakeholders (the fans who buy everything and anything with AC MILAN written on it) REASON to be proud and to keep spending money that would eventually go back to HIM. In times gone by ANY big player could have been our target...Zambrotta, Ronaldo, rivaldo, Batigol, Baggio, Sheva, Nesta, Stam, Totti etc etc....and Berlu $plashed and everybody was happy. I remember links or at least rumors to all of these guys. The era for those stars is over...NOW the biggest stars of the game are Torres D.Alves, Terry, Essien, Messi, CR7, Eto'o, Robinho....the fact that we aren't linked to any of these save for Eto'o and R10- both of whom we have been crying overtheir price tags. To me the decline is clear and to you it should at least be plausible.
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 10:18   #7415

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Dru I totally agree and to add to that our not securing a World Class player to replace Sheva is a huge reason why we finshed out of 5th and out of some much needed revenue for qualifying for the CL.

Sorry to say but in this world you must SPEND money to MAKE money.

Sow sparingly and you will reap sparingly. This is what management has done in the past couple of years and results have shown this.

(Save Pato who they SPENT BIG money on and we REAPED what management SOWED as he almost single handedly saved our season)

Last edited by Mr. Anonymous; 02-07-2008 at 10:22.
Mr. Anonymous is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 10:31   #7416

xvr11

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
xvr11 is on a distinguished road
Ronaldo

With Pippo, Pato, Borriello and the striker/CF we sign, with injuries and all, Ronaldo coming in at the midway point of the season may not be so bad. Only if he accepts smaller wages to prove himself though.

Do it right R99...lose the weight, focus 100% on the game, and the team!
xvr11 is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:13   #7417

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
Yes I think that's right Tony.

tgcom says we are interested in Luis Fabiano and plan b is gomez.
Luis Fabiano is actually a good choice I have not gave much mind to... he has the experience we need... he's 27... 6' feet (1.83M) tall too... yet I hear he's a bit of a hot head... but so is Eto'o... any other sources on this one?

He's been with Sevilla since 2005... anybody have any idea when his contract runs out? If it's four years, he may only have a year left on it, lowering any fees paid to the club...

As far as Ronaldo... I'm not confident in him. He has to cut his attitude out, and cut his diet with it... if he wants a part in Milan, it has to be about Milan and not all about him.

And lastly, I predict great things of Pato this upcoming season... that kid scored 9 goals in half of a season, and that's very impressive. If anything, he'll be the one putting on the show...

Last edited by Giancarlo; 02-07-2008 at 11:17.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:20   #7418

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
2/2008 7:44 AM
Barcelona Set To Forget Adebayor
Barcelona have returned from London empty handed after failing to persuade Arsenal to allow Emmanuel Adebayor and Aleksandr Hleb to move to Camp Nou.

*
* Print This Story
* Send To A Friend
* Contact Us

Barcelona Set To Forget Adebayor
galleria zoom

*
*
*

The Blaugrana sent sporting vice-president Marc Ingla to speak to the Gunners', but after talks failed to produce a deal he has returned to the Ciutat Contal.

Having turned down a bid of €30m, Arsenal maybe waiting for another offer to be lodged for Adebayor while Hleb is just waiting for the green light to leave.

But Barça want to complete all business by next Sunday (July 6) because that is the day that a referendum is held on whether the club's fans have confidence in the board.

If the vote of no confidence against president Joan Laporta is supported by Barcelona's members then he will be forced to stand down and elections will be called for September, at the earliest.

An interim board will be put into place and under the club's statutes will be unable to carry out any transfer activity, meaning that both Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto'o will stay.

Adebayor has been sending out mixed messages, even if Arsenal have not and their latest rejection of Barça's offer could end all interest in his services.

The Hleb saga may run until the end of the week, but coach Pep Guardiola has told the board that his arrival is not as urgent as a new striker.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com
------------------------------------------------


my gut is this will carry ALL summer.... adebayor wants to leave, eto'o wants out, dinho wants out. All there clubs are overinflating prices. It'll take till mid august for the prices to drop.

I just worry that by the time we sign 1 of the 3 (most likely ronaldinho) season will have started, and by the time they mesh with the rest of our squad, we've played anywhere from 5 to 10 games. Double this with pato missing opening games cause of the olympics. Then kaka coming off surgery, I'm sure everyone agrees I'd rather he misses first game or two, and brought back slow, than we rush him and risk further injury. All of a sudden, we are looking very thin.

One of the biggest things that have hurt us in past few years have been slow starts. When after a few fixtures you are already 8-12 points back, it becomes very difficult to come back.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:26   #7419

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
2/2008 7:44 AM

my gut is this will carry ALL summer.... adebayor wants to leave, eto'o wants out, dinho wants out. All there clubs are overinflating prices. It'll take till mid august for the prices to drop.

I just worry that by the time we sign 1 of the 3 (most likely ronaldinho) season will have started, and by the time they mesh with the rest of our squad, we've played anywhere from 5 to 10 games. Double this with pato missing opening games cause of the olympics. Then kaka coming off surgery, I'm sure everyone agrees I'd rather he misses first game or two, and brought back slow, than we rush him and risk further injury. All of a sudden, we are looking very thin.

One of the biggest things that have hurt us in past few years have been slow starts. When after a few fixtures you are already 8-12 points back, it becomes very difficult to come back.
Adebayor can't make up his mind. He's like me going out and figuring out where to go to lunch. This guy is driving me crazy! Can he make up his mind already?! If he goes to Barcelona, great... then Barca will off-load Eto'o... but it's almost immature of himself of what he is doing. If anything, its disrespectful to the fans of the each respective club... I've talked with a Gunner fan and he admits he's quite frustrated over this whole thing.

Kaka said he would be fine in about two weeks... I saw an article regarding him. I think we should be fine for the start of the season. I just hope we sign a real striker, and not Ronaldinho.

I mean Luis Fabiano does sound like a good idea right about now... I heard Roma was interested in him too...
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:41   #7420

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Adebayor can't make up his mind. He's like me going out and figuring out where to go to lunch. This guy is driving me crazy! Can he make up his mind already?! If he goes to Barcelona, great... then Barca will off-load Eto'o... but it's almost immature of himself of what he is doing. If anything, its disrespectful to the fans of the each respective club... I've talked with a Gunner fan and he admits he's quite frustrated over this whole thing.

Kaka said he would be fine in about two weeks... I saw an article regarding him. I think we should be fine for the start of the season. I just hope we sign a real striker, and not Ronaldinho.

I mean Luis Fabiano does sound like a good idea right about now... I heard Roma was interested in him too...
I fear Luis Fabiano will be another Oliveira.

We should buy Ronaldinho and a CD, and then we can close our market, and I will be content (not happy).
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:42   #7421

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
-The Adebayor drama is largely inflated by the british tabloids though.... Its a well known fact how they are. They make italy/spain/france look tame lol. Barca and milan r doing right thing withdrawing and letting him complain, itll force arsenal to sell him at lower price. Wenger would be crazy to keep him unhappy, he'd be a cancer.

-i havent been too impressed by luis fabiano. He's 28 and just hit good form. Also sevilla have kanoute, poulsen, capel, renato, adriano who all feed him the ball. I find it interesting Ramos isnt too big on signing Fabiano, even though he wishes to raid rest of his former club. I think he might be like oliviera (definately different style players), inflated price off a good la liga campaign. I'd be more for signing someone proven (ade or BERBATOV!) or going for a highly promising younger striker (such as pato was)

-Finally everyone watch copa libradores final! Fluminese v. Deportiva Universitaria Quitos. Fluminese have a couple highly touted players we have been linked to. Thiago Silva (a CB) and Thiago Neves (an AM, likened to Pavel Nedved). deportiva Universitaria won first leg 4-2. I'm interested to see them being as clubs outside argentina/brazil RARELY get far in copa.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:44   #7422

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
I fear Luis Fabiano will be another Oliveira.

We should buy Ronaldinho and a CD, and then we can close our market, and I will be content (not happy).
hahaha. I said exact same thing, without reading ur post on fabiano.

Dinho + promising CF + promising CD. I want santacroce or Zapata in defense! CF I dunno, if we buy dinho, i understand adebayor or berbatov prob wont come, i'd be content with a young potential signing. Remember we havent used our non-EU spot if we sign dinho
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:47   #7423

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
I fear Luis Fabiano will be another Oliveira.

We should buy Ronaldinho and a CD, and then we can close our market, and I will be content (not happy).
Don't forget about the issue we have with Pirlo playing too many games per year...I think that should be rectified this summer.
Mystik is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:47   #7424

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
the russian pavlyuchenko impressed me in euros, even though he's 26. Also someone pointed our pogrebnyak. He was injured and didnt play but was the UEFA cup leading scorer. Only 24.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:48   #7425

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
hahaha. I said exact same thing, without reading ur post on fabiano.

Dinho + promising CF + promising CD. I want santacroce or Zapata in defense! CF I dunno, if we buy dinho, i understand adebayor or berbatov prob wont come, i'd be content with a young potential signing. Remember we havent used our non-EU spot if we sign dinho

True, but we could still have 3 decent strikers in Borriello, Inzaghi, and Pato. Paloschi could be given more playing time then.

I agree with the defensive department. I would love Mexes, but Zapata and Santacroce would be awesome.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.