AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 04:04   #7741

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
With your quote Sant: so we already had this kind of situation ... and look what we won these last few years.

We can't win everything every year, so even if we don't win something on the next 2-3 years, then they'll spend again for 2 years and we'll be the best for 5-6 years ... again and again ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 04:23   #7742

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Nobody expects to win all the time, but you must try, and I don't see that effort fmo this Milan. We are one or 2 injuries away from sturgglnig to qualify for UEFA cup, whether we've signed "great players" like Abate, Antonini, Borreillo, & Abbiati. 2 decent players, and a bunch of loan returns. Galliani is only king of stupid comments.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 04:39   #7743

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75 View Post
We are one or 2 injuries away from sturgglnig to qualify for UEFA cup.

That`s so sad, but so true!!!!
I really dont know if management ever considered this....this is so alarming:hammer
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati

Last edited by kastriot; 05-07-2008 at 04:50.
kastriot is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 05:01   #7744

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
For Abate: is he loaned, sold, back, whatever ?
Seems like he would be loaned to Torino but no official news ... if someone has some information ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 05:23   #7745

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
Siregar

We know milan Lab is great, but they could not manage to get Ronaldo to shape for a year.Maybe I have little knowledge on this,however for me that was embarrassing.
I do think, I agree with Tony29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
Dont you fear that the same might happen with Dinho????? I know his talent is not questionable and he will have a positive impact regardless of anything, but a player of his shape is bond to injuries a lot.
If you check my post again when there was news (for the first time) about R10 would be cheap (around 11 mil pounds), I gave my view that I am afraid Ronaldinho wouldnt get his top performance again. I was against his coming till Jimmy said R10 could bring $$ for us aside his performance which made me (bit) convinced (at least we we would get the $$ which we paid to buy R10).

Two seasons ago (2006/07) his performance was declining. Last season (07/08) his performance declined rapidly. Plus that he is 'pregrnant' right now, my fear is getting bigger that he couldnt reach his good performance again. My big fear that he will be Rivaldo second part!

But I have to admit that R10 possibility coming to Milan is huge as he was and is (IMO) Berlusconi's dream player. I am sure Milan will get him this season.
Siregar is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 07:56   #7746

Kimono

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Location: United States
Fave Players: Pirlo and the whole Milan squad
Kimono is on a distinguished road
Giancarlo we all love our team dearly but u cant defend ineptitude. Our management is a shame and i shudder to imagine what will happen if Nesta, Pirlo or Kaka got an season ending injury. With **** players geting big money and a **** management that cant sign players we are now an average team
Kimono is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 08:22   #7747

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
From an article on theGuardian/football website:

Quote:
"Soriano reported that bank debts had been reduced from 39.8 million euros to 13.6 million, while the club's total debt had been reduced from 218 million euros to 190 million."It is a level of debt that a business like this can consider as a healthy debt," he said."
I know little about financial matters, but that kind of debt, hmmmmm....wouldn't want my club saddled with that.

€190M?

I am sure Platini isn't liking that either...and I wonder how much longer clubs will be allowed to play in the UCL with that sort of debt?

Milan's debt is a fraction of that amount...£20M or some such?

What did Barca win last year? Same amount of trophies as Milan right?

Curse management all u want...but if our debt can remain so relatively small..I can only b thankful to them.

As for the mercato....its barely started...and we will reinforce, more likely than not in the attacking department...so all the concern, fretting, moaning, etc etc....chill...

We have a financially stable and solvent club...and that's enough for me at this point.

I will worry about the silverware, or lack thereof, in May 2009....or thereabouts.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 08:34   #7748

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimono View Post
Giancarlo we all love our team dearly but u cant defend ineptitude. Our management is a shame and i shudder to imagine what will happen if Nesta, Pirlo or Kaka got an season ending injury. With **** players geting big money and a **** management that cant sign players we are now an average team
and this same management signed Nesta Pirlo Kaka Seedorf "the good Dida" Sheva Rui Costa and so and so forth...

yes I agree, they thought the team that currently playing is good enough to win trophies, that was bad, but then again, with that same squad, Milan won CL, Supercup and the CWC... I dont call that a failure..

as for the medical team, I cant see what they did wrong... Gattuso was supposed to be out for 3 months, 3 MONTHS, and he barely sat on the bench for 1 month.

they did everything they could to keep Kaka playing throughout the season, and they managed to do that..

Pato got injured in the ankle and he was out for what? 1 month...

you guys just keep forgetting the facts.

last year was a bad mercato, but hey, atleast they're trying this year
_Ace is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 09:56   #7749

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
From an article on theGuardian/football website:



I know little about financial matters, but that kind of debt, hmmmmm....wouldn't want my club saddled with that.

€190M?

I am sure Platini isn't liking that either...and I wonder how much longer clubs will be allowed to play in the UCL with that sort of debt?

Milan's debt is a fraction of that amount...£20M or some such?

What did Barca win last year? Same amount of trophies as Milan right?

Curse management all u want...but if our debt can remain so relatively small..I can only b thankful to them.

As for the mercato....its barely started...and we will reinforce, more likely than not in the attacking department...so all the concern, fretting, moaning, etc etc....chill...

We have a financially stable and solvent club...and that's enough for me at this point.

I will worry about the silverware, or lack thereof, in May 2009....or thereabouts.
Debt is an issue, but u failed to mention Real and ManU, both with huge debt and what did they win last year? Another team is Inter, what did they win again?

Money does not buy success, and we are a true example of that since we have one of the highest paid squad in Europe and yet still end up with nothing but bad contracts that nobody wants. Yes, Barcelona might be in the same situation, but at least there are teams that will pay a good amount for Eto, R10, Deco, Zambro, even Marquez, Edmilson and Goudojsen, that can help them get other better or at the same level players to replace them. Can we say that about us with Dida, Kalac, Emerson, Simic, Favalli, Brocchi, even the likes of Oddo, Janku, Seedorf, Kaladaze are hard to find buyers that would pay for their services due to their wage demand.

Other clubs debt might have been created by the ego challenge of President, like I am willing to pay for Mr. X for X amount and you can't, so I am better than you. However, our debt are caused by our own MGT for always signing huge contracts for sqaud players(which they can't even perform at that level), and constantly looking for bargain buys(when players are close to 30 or decline).
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 10:00   #7750

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ace View Post
and this same management signed Nesta Pirlo Kaka Seedorf "the good Dida" Sheva Rui Costa and so and so forth...

yes I agree, they thought the team that currently playing is good enough to win trophies, that was bad, but then again, with that same squad, Milan won CL, Supercup and the CWC... I dont call that a failure..

as for the medical team, I cant see what they did wrong... Gattuso was supposed to be out for 3 months, 3 MONTHS, and he barely sat on the bench for 1 month.

they did everything they could to keep Kaka playing throughout the season, and they managed to do that..

Pato got injured in the ankle and he was out for what? 1 month...

you guys just keep forgetting the facts.

last year was a bad mercato, but hey, atleast they're trying this year
I actually believe that all the players u mentioned were rushed back due to that lack of quality replacements. I think if Gattuso actually stayed out for one more month, he would have been much more affective down the stretch. Same goes to Kaka and Pato. I am glad this was not a WC year as Kaka can get some much needed rest. Same thing for Pato.

As for calling last season a failure, I would not call it a complete failure but certainly you can't say it was a success either.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01   #7751

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT View Post
I agree with you in these two things.
Great minds think alike, mate.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 10:44   #7752

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
I actually believe that all the players u mentioned were rushed back due to that lack of quality replacements. I think if Gattuso actually stayed out for one more month, he would have been much more affective down the stretch. Same goes to Kaka and Pato. I am glad this was not a WC year as Kaka can get some much needed rest. Same thing for Pato.

As for calling last season a failure, I would not call it a complete failure but certainly you can't say it was a success either.
yes i know they were rushed back, but they did help alot, even tho they werent that fit...

and yea I know it wasnt a success
_Ace is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 11:59   #7753

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
Real Madrid won 2 league titles in a row. What has Roma won? A Coppa Italia? Would Bayern have won their league if they didnt invest in Toni, Ribery, and Klose? Would Milan have won 2 CLs if we hadnt bought Nesta, Pippo, Kaka, Sheva, etc? At some point, we have to spend money if we want to remain competitive. Signings like Boriello and Antonini may be fine tuning if we had just won the league or CL, but not in a year when we finished 5th and need an overhaul. It's disgraceful.
Real Madrid did not win anything as far as international titles are concerned. Milan is doing the same thing as Bayern and is investing in the squad (as we see at this point in time). We need one or two big signings and we will be all set. This isn't disgraceful by any sense of the word.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 12:00   #7754

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
Another question for you Giancarlo, if Milan actually spent some money last summer and got the likes of Ribery or Toni or both----do you honestly think we'd still finish 5th in the league and get kicked out of CL at the 2nd round?
I'm not defending past errors of the management, but Isee for a fact they ARE TRYING TO FIX the problems this transfer season (and did it with some great transfers).
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 12:01   #7755

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimono View Post
Giancarlo we all love our team dearly but u cant defend ineptitude. Our management is a shame and i shudder to imagine what will happen if Nesta, Pirlo or Kaka got an season ending injury. With **** players geting big money and a **** management that cant sign players we are now an average team
Now that's an attack that was unjustified. Point out to me where I was defending ineptitude, or this was just another unjustified attack. Our management is good enough and are going about rectifying current problems in the squad right now. We are not an average team. Never.
Giancarlo is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.