AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 09:42   #8356

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
Just to add to "Wenger is genius"...it seems like Falcao has said that he has been contacted by Arsenal and would appreciate a move there...damn, wtf???
http://football365.com/story/0,17033...805227,00.html
If arsenal can stock their team with young, hungry players along with a few established ones...compete strongly in the PL and CL, this should show us that there is maybe a different approach which can be successful!
I do admire Wenger in this way, he's got an eye for talent and I'd like to see Carlo try to build a young squad to see how he'd do with it.
jtelly is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 09:53   #8357

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelly View Post
http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...logs/jh39.html

Interesting blog, nothing much new offered that is different from what has been said on here, but the comments are revealing...many opposed to dumping money in a la chelsea, which i like to see. One thing that i have to disagree with is that we haven't been exactly playing attractive football lately. This seems to be something we've been living on in the past; the past 2 years, Ka-Pa-Ro aside for a few matches, our creativity and attractiveness was dismal. I remember so many times where we just had NO movement, no decisive passing, and then we'd just pound it up long-ball style. Really useless.
One thing I didn't know is that Berlu is forbidden to put money in from Fininvest, so does that mean that whenever he pumps money into milan, he's got to sell some of it, or sell shares? Anyone in Italy that can shed light on this aspect I'd appreciate it.
That was a really interesting article, i have to agree with it. Although Belusconi selling up is unlikely. Its the cause and effect of his political career. If he puts money into Milan it would be a conflict of interest, spes with whats happening in Napoli. Belusconi has three options, spend, sell or run the club into the ground. Which will mean we will have to sell the likes of Kaka, nesta and pirlo to keep ourselfs stable. Its shocking that only 33% or so of our income is self suffient. Someone is piss poor at marketing at Milan, sorry for my French.

When i was in Milan i read gazzetta dello sports alot. Alot of fans wrote in saying how discusted they were with the spending. Also the fact that alot of fans are refusing to buy seasn tickets because of this. If Belusconi has no interest he should sell up. What i dont understand is why isnt pier silvio or silvios daughter head of Fininvest aswell? that would be the most logical thing to do.. What makes me most disgusted if the rumours were only spending money so Milan can look big compared to real and man u. Rant over, although i wish i was still in Lago Maggiore. UK sucks..
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:10   #8358

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Well, I read the article and I actually agree with what it said about Berlu and Galli wanting a huge signing to show that they are still a big player in the transfer market. That infact is far from the case.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50   #8359

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
I found the article uninformative and largely poor.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:51   #8360

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelly View Post
Just to add to "Wenger is genius"...it seems like Falcao has said that he has been contacted by Arsenal and would appreciate a move there...damn, wtf???
http://football365.com/story/0,17033...805227,00.html
If arsenal can stock their team with young, hungry players along with a few established ones...compete strongly in the PL and CL, this should show us that there is maybe a different approach which can be successful!
I do admire Wenger in this way, he's got an eye for talent and I'd like to see Carlo try to build a young squad to see how he'd do with it.
This Falcao guy is the shizznit!!!

He is superfast and can hit it with either foot with power, percision and distance. Have you seen some of his goals? More than a few of them were great looking and clutch!!!

But we have to wait till he's proven and 45 million to attempt to get him.
Mr. Anonymous is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:59   #8361

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
We already have Pato.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:11   #8362

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous View Post
This Falcao guy is the shizznit!!!

He is superfast and can hit it with either foot with power, percision and distance. Have you seen some of his goals? More than a few of them were great looking and clutch!!!

But we have to wait till he's proven and 45 million to attempt to get him.
Yeah but his finishing at times is just outright hilarious. Trust me I've seen River Plate more than my fair share on television here. I don't know why Argentine football is popular here... and I saw him on the Copa and how he missed many chances to put River through. Even Bergessio is better than him.

Pato finishes better.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:15   #8363

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
We already have Pato.

SO WHAT...we can't play the two of them and stick in Boreillo when needed?

Or buy him and loan him back to his current team to let him develop. Be creative!!!

Adebayor for 30 or 35 Million, hasn't scored any clucth goals like this kid, and we could get him and have money left over for Pavlyuchenko.

If he lives up to his potential he'll be a monster...you find room for a guy like that on the squad.
Mr. Anonymous is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:19   #8364

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
I am not convinced as to the veracity of that statement re Berlu's "inability" to continue to finance Milan as Italian PM....though I do think that he cannot be seen to be pouring money into the club's coffers when the Italian economy is struggling.

That said, I think that the chances of us getting R10 seem to be receding, but are not yet totally lost...as I think his (Berlu's) tactics remain the same....ie to force Barca to sell at a cut-rate...especially where the player has repeatedly indicated his desire to play for us.

The potential loss of Gourcuff is another thing I am not too happy about, especially because Wenger likes him....as there are few coaches better at spotting talent, and if Arsene thinks highly enough of him...that's a good enough reference for me.

An Arsenal with Nasri and Gourcuff on the pitch at the same time, is a scary proposition...though thankfully we won't be seeing that for another season...if the Gorky move ever materialises.

Still hoping for Dinho...though it seems the closer we are to Adebayor, the further we are from the Brazilian.

Now, with Laporta facing yet another vote...the time frame/possibility for us to capture R10 continues to recede.
Berlusconi I believe is savvy enough to manage both Milan and the Italian government at the same time, but people have to stop saying we should spend ourselves into the ground. We can't buy tons of superstars. We can only buy one... and go with what we have (which is pretty darn good as it stands).

There is a bottom line here. Berlusconi is not selling the club. That would be bad business sense.

I would tell Berlusconi myself though to forget Ronaldinho, and lets use the two Non-EU Spots...

That Channel4 article is even more horrendous, not taking into account that Berlusconi has wealth elsewhere. Remember Berlusconi did rule Italy from 2001-2006, and Milan did not have much of a problem.

Furthermore, we aren't selling any one of our key stars. I could care less about what some petition says, in my eyes that petition itself was ungrateful.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 11-07-2008 at 11:21.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:22   #8365

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
[quote=Giancarlo;502083]Yeah but his finishing at times is just outright hilarious. Trust me I've seen River Plate more than my fair share on television here. I don't know why Argentine football is popular here... and I saw him on the Copa and how he missed many chances to put River through. Even Bergessio is better than him.

Pato finishes better.[/QUOTE]

That's debateable...but I do know this...the kid scored 38 in 58 and as I said in my prvious post they were CLUTCH...not garbage goals.

I haven't seen enough of Bergessio to comment on him...but River Plate won the Clausura on Falcao back, he's done good when called to his national squad and he's scored in his debut and the derby matches against Boca.
Mr. Anonymous is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:24   #8366

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous View Post
Looks like Barca is willing to drop R10's the price now.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl...9b1GcuI5Hy5APg

sorry for the long link.

As for Adebayor, I have no clue what managments facination with this player is.
The price for him is way too high...buy Roman Pavlyuchenko and Falcao from River Plate.
Or wait it out more see if Drogba's price drops, cause 30 Million is TONZ and Wenger is trying to extract some revenge/money from the Flamini situation.
If anything I do agree with you here though... if it makes more business sense, Pavlyuchenko and Ronaldinho would be the better duo to buy... as it stands we do need another striker.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:26   #8367

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous View Post
That's debateable...but I do know this...the kid scored 38 in 58 and as I said in my prvious post they were CLUTCH...not garbage goals.
I think there would be a conflict between him and Pato... they are too similar. Right now, we need a strong center forward.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:37   #8368

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I think there would be a conflict between him and Pato... they are too similar. Right now, we need a strong center forward.
That's what I was talking about !. They're too similar. Dinho-Roman is a good combination in mercato I guess... Or maybe Schweinsteiger-Roman... But aren't we looking for an Italian midfielder?
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:37   #8369

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
If anything I do agree with you here though... if it makes more business sense, Pavlyuchenko and Ronaldinho would be the better duo to buy... as it stands we do need another striker.
My point is it would be better to buy the hightlighted players and still bid for Falcao, as Seedorf won't be playing much if at all in two years and we don't know what R10 will be like in two years.

So buy him and let him sit at River Plate and then call him up. You'll save a TON while still building for the future.
Mr. Anonymous is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:39   #8370

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous View Post
My point is it would be better to buy the hightlighted players and still bid for Falcao, as Seedorf won't be playing much if at all in two years and we don't know what R10 will be like in two years.

So buy him and let him sit at River Plate and then call him up. You'll save a TON while still building for the future.
I'm sure River Plate has put a price tag on him as he is their star striker... the question can we afford him, and Pav and R10? I'd much rather buy Pav and Hernanes... to think of it.
Giancarlo is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.