AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2008, 00:31   #8506

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I would like to politely point out that Bonera, the only player below 30 in D, is not our best defender. My point is, of course, that age is not that of a big issue (still an issue), especially when it comes to defense. It's skill and mentality etc. that REALLY matters. I don't know Mexes personally, so I can't comment on that, but age shouldn't be the factor.
Jeff is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 00:34   #8507

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Lucio still has 4-5 good years but I'm with all on a young prospect. Its ideal time. Maldinis last year. Nesta is 32. I'd rather santacroce or someone comes in now learns from the best. But that's me in an ideal world
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 00:55   #8508

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
That is true, but I'm worried that the 'young'ster won't get much chance.

Look at Grimi...
Jeff is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 01:54   #8509

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlz View Post
Its bull, Inter is heavily linked with Queresma and already signed mancini, which are two wingers, Ronaldinho to Inter wouldnt make sense.
if you know, and we all know, why do you even post it in the first place?
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 02:06   #8510

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by julsesay View Post
Some among us were critizing the management for not so active in the transfer market. Now if things continue this way, I for one will have great confidence in the management if and only if they would be able to capture Dinho, Adebayor and Shev at the same time. if this happens, i would prefer Simic, Favalli and Brocci to be sold and Borriello to be loan or sold as well. We would be left with Adebayor, Shev, Pato, and Inzaghi in the attack line which will be a perfect group.
Kaka and Dinho will be a perfect combination behind the forward, that leaves the option for seedorf to be sold. In the midfield, we have Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Flamini, and Emerson, which is also very competitive.
In the defence, we have Daniel B., Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini, Jangl, Zambrotta and I will use the cash obtained from Seedorf, Brocci, Simic, Favalli, and Borriello to fund Lucio from Bayern, Frey/Boruc and another defender. I believe this will be a perfect team to challenge for all competitions ahead. What do you guys think. What are your comments
This is fantasy market, because few clubs can afford the same wages Milan pay, so this dramatically reduces the chances to sell players.

More, i don't think tearing the team apart would be a wise move, because you have to build up team spirit with time. Playwers can't be sold like puppets at the market.

Sheva + Adebayor + Ronaldinho: that's very demanding!

Lucio is a great defender but goes out of position too often for the italian standards of defending. I'd prefer Mexes.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 02:12   #8511

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
in about 50% of the plays where Bayern Munich touches the ball between the CM's and the CB's Lucio ends up playing in midfield, far in front of where, let's say Pirlo, would be playing
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 02:50   #8512

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I would like to politely point out that Bonera, the only player below 30 in D, is not our best defender. My point is, of course, that age is not that of a big issue (still an issue), especially when it comes to defense. It's skill and mentality etc. that REALLY matters. I don't know Mexes personally, so I can't comment on that, but age shouldn't be the factor.
Trust me that he WILL be our best at 2-3 years if we won't buy any other defs LOL. But in this case (Lucio-Mexes) they may be available at not so different price, and I'd rather have Mexes who may play for longer time than Lucio. 4 years... And not all great defs are Maldini. They could retire anytime when they're over 34. Besides, Mexes is in top of his form now, he's adjusted into Italian football, etc, etc.

Milano84 had good point about Santacroce. This may be our last chance if we want 'the new Nesta' learn from 'the real Nesta' and Maldini.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 05:27   #8513

Vulli

Reuters Milan Correspondent
 
Vulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Republic of Kosovo
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Vulli is on a distinguished road
Ronaldinho works hard in Brazil, deal concluded in 48 hours?

The Rossoneri push for the Brazilian star
They want to present him to the media on the day pre-season training begins


I will final begin a final countdown
Vulli is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 05:35   #8514

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulli View Post
Ronaldinho works hard in Brazil, deal concluded in 48 hours?

The Rossoneri push for the Brazilian star
They want to present him to the media on the day pre-season training begins


I will final begin a final countdown
Where could I find this information?
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 05:49   #8515

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
that news is from the newspapers in Italy for today.. nice to see Sheva being widely accepted again..I think he will be very important next year.. Ronaldinho is something we must not miss out on, this could be one of the greatest transfers we will make. Adebayor...meh, I'd rather not.

Borriello says he will leave if we get these players? Tell him I'll drive him to where ever he wants to go, just as long as he doesn't come back! The season hasn't begun yet and we still haven't bought any strikers and he is complaining already!

And yes, we definitely need a CB, but Lucio is not the one and Mexes is definitely not going to leave Roma for us. We have Bonera, who is going to be a great defender, but it might be wise to buy a world class CB to partner Nesta - if we really are going for the treble next year.

Sheva + Dinho sounds good, but we still more work - 3 players I say (CB, GK, Seedorf replacement)
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 06:04   #8516

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Is Shevchenko deal confirmed?
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 06:46   #8517

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Wow 586 pages
and no R10, Drog, Ade etc etc
first I was told to wait till the 1st July,
then the 5th,
it's the 13th and training starts in 3 days.
Can't wait to hear:
"Our squad is complete and competitive
we have many striking options such as
Paloshci, Pato, Borriello, Kaka, Inzaghi and Seedorf"
and of course
"milan is strong enough to challenge for three trophies"
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 06:48   #8518

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
I think missing Adebayor signing can be a huge mistake. I welcome Ronaldinho, but two players (R10 and Sheva) who have to recover their best form are too uncertain, IMO.
I'd prefer Adebayor over Sheva.

That said, i see quite unlikely that R10 and Ade will both be signed. That would be my dream come true.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 07:00   #8519

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni View Post
I think missing Adebayor signing can be a huge mistake. I welcome Ronaldinho, but two players (R10 and Sheva) who have to recover their best form are too uncertain, IMO.
I'd prefer Adebayor over Sheva.

That said, i see quite unlikely that R10 and Ade will both be signed. That would be my dream come true.
Ditto!

Couldn't agree with u more.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 08:47   #8520

ARIO

Registered User
 
ARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2000
Location: Indonesia
Fave Players: The divine swan himself : MARCO VAN BASTEN!!!!
ARIO is on a distinguished road
I think not gio...
i just read on the net that Barca tabled a 10 mio euro bid + Eto'o for the service of Adebayor....
It's gonna be Ronnie and Sheva in a couple of days....15 mil euro for Ronnie and maybe a loan deal for Sheva??
Lets wait and see....
__________________
A Milan con Affetto.....
F O R Z A M I L A N - 2011/2012MARCHETTI;Abate,DAVID LUIZ,ASTORI,Vila;Thiago Silva;Flamini,Pirlo;Robinho;Pato,Ibrahimovic
ARIO is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.