AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2008, 16:21   #8551

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni View Post
He's Milan's official agent in Spain.

Two elements for your consideration (coming from a tv show, which i find very true) :

- Franco Ordine points out Ronaldinho has never had serious injuries in his career.

- Beccalossi points out that Ronaldinho's body structure is agile and thin. Such players do less effort in regaining high fitness level.
Good points there. It's true, as far as I remember, Dinho's never had any definite injury problems (other than the last couple of years where we're not sure exactly what happened), and I've been following him since he broke out onto the scene in Brazil at around 17-18.

It's also true that his build will be good for him getting back into shape. It's much harder for a man with a big build to gain his shape after losing it than a slim and smaller man (who is more likely to have a faster metabolic rate). If you look at Dinho right now, the biggest problem in his shape appears to be the fat built up around his midriff. A good cardio based workout will help him lose the excess fat quickly, with strength development to tone up his muscles again.

This is quite a different case to someone like Ronaldo, who was always naturally a pretty big guy, and his muscle build up exceeded his ideal shape. Ronaldo also had excess fat, but unlike Dinho it was much harder to get rid of, especially as he'd been out of shape for so long (unlike Dinho), on top of him having what appeared to be a glandular problem, which I doubt very much Dinho has. In addition, due to the weight in muscle and fat, Ronaldo strained his body an incredible amount, which Dinho isn't likely to do. Dinho isn't in good shape, but he will be a MUCH easier task for Milanlab than Ronaldo was.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 16:31   #8552

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Good points there. It's true, as far as I remember, Dinho's never had any definite injury problems (other than the last couple of years where we're not sure exactly what happened), and I've been following him since he broke out onto the scene in Brazil at around 17-18.

It's also true that his build will be good for him getting back into shape. It's much harder for a man with a big build to gain his shape after losing it than a slim and smaller man (who is more likely to have a faster metabolic rate). If you look at Dinho right now, the biggest problem in his shape appears to be the fat built up around his midriff. A good cardio based workout will help him lose the excess fat quickly, with strength development to tone up his muscles again.

This is quite a different case to someone like Ronaldo, who was always naturally a pretty big guy, and his muscle build up exceeded his ideal shape. Ronaldo also had excess fat, but unlike Dinho it was much harder to get rid of, especially as he'd been out of shape for so long (unlike Dinho), on top of him having what appeared to be a glandular problem, which I doubt very much Dinho has. In addition, due to the weight in muscle and fat, Ronaldo strained his body an incredible amount, which Dinho isn't likely to do. Dinho isn't in good shape, but he will be a MUCH easier task for Milanlab than Ronaldo was.
Good points, but make no mistake about it, Ronaldo has no work ethic. If Dinho shows that he does not either then this will be a bad purchase. It is easy to cut fat...I have weight trained since I was 19 (I am 29 now), and you have to bring your protein intake up and your carb intake down (as "down" as you can for a football player). You have to do at least an hour of cardio a day if you want the lean look. I don't drink alcohol so that was not a problem. I am naturally a big guy (6'3") with a big frame (like Luca Toni's). But I have stayed trim because I am fairly dedicated to a regimen. Ronaldo did not seem a professional at all. Sure glandular problems did not help, but you can tell the guy has a lot of muscle. All he had to do was lose about 25 lbs. Most people can do that during a course of 5 months. He could not do it for the longest time. There is no excuse. This is his job. Dinho will be easier for Milanlab only if he wants to be.

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 13-07-2008 at 16:36.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 16:39   #8553

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
Reason being?
Gio's quote...
Jeff is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 16:40   #8554

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
Good points, but make no mistake about it, Ronaldo has no work ethic. If Dinho shows that he does not either then this will be a bad purchase. It is easy to cut fat...I have weight trained since I was 19 (I am 29 now), and you have to bring your protein intake up and your carb intake down (as "down" as you can for a football player). You have to do at least an hour of cardio a day if you want the lean look. I don't drink alcohol so that was not a problem. I am naturally a big guy (6'3") with a big frame (like Luca Toni's). But I have stayed trim because I am fairly dedicated to a regimen. Ronaldo did not seem a professional at all. Sure glandular problems did not help, but you can tell the guy has a lot of muscle. All he had to do was lose about 25 lbs. Most people can do that during a course of 5 months. He could not do it for the longest time. There is no excuse. This is his job. Dinho will be easier for Milanlab only if he wants to be.
I tink there is always a trade-off. Sometimes you make it, sometimes you don't. I just wonder what makes R10 loses all the motivation this year....
Jeff is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 19:34   #8555

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Good question Jeff...I think that there may be many reasons, or there may b only one...

For me, it started when training became "optional" for him...the "favoured" treatment became embedded, and when his performances declined (mainly from reduced fitness IMO), the tolerance of his behaviour diminished as well...@ 25 years of age, u can come home @ 4am, then get to training @ 2pm no prob.

Add a couple years, and a couple years of too many 4am arrivals at ur mansion, and suddenly, you are still sleeping @3pm, and too late to turn up to training...

There is a simple rule @ Milan that will prevent him from adopting this lifestyle here: u don't train, u don't play.

"Exceptions prove the rule" is a common saying....but I don't see Carlo making any exceptions....

Then, there is the simple fact that he will want to impress, not only his new employers, but Dunga, and the Milan fans...indeed, his own fan-base who I am sure are beginning to gravitate to C.Ronaldo, Robinho, Messi, et al.

He will also be all too aware of the relative failures of the two super-stars that preceded him, and he will, I am sure, be careful not to do anything to ensure a repeat performance.

The in-fighting among the Barca board, his deteriorating relationship with Laporta and the fans, further ecaserbated the situation, and as he saw himself eclipsed by Messi, Iniesta and Xabi, all combined to demotivate him, and make his mind up that a departure was imminent.

A double winner of the World Player of the Year award doesn't become a poor player overnight, and once he is in the right, supportive and disciplined environment, I expect the magic to return.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 19:49   #8556

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
so whats happening w/ adebayor? for 17 mil pounds he is a worthwhile aquisition. At 24 even if he flops, we can regain most his value (like gila) However i dont think he would flop. plus him dinho kaka trident upfront is an attack we deserve. Also consider if we were to get adebayor, borriello would leave.... meaning more money back....
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 19:57   #8557

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
so whats happening w/ adebayor? for 17 mil pounds he is a worthwhile aquisition. At 24 even if he flops, we can regain most his value (like gila) However i dont think he would flop. plus him dinho kaka trident upfront is an attack we deserve. Also consider if we were to get adebayor, borriello would leave.... meaning more money back....
We'll see how it goes. July 16th is the big date I'm hearing. That is when pre-season training for Milan starts and I'm sure management wants a ... and we will know at or before that date. I'm figuring maybe something tomorrow, or tuesday... lets hope for the best. Borriello I hope stays for now. I think we should at least have 4 strikers.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 20:02   #8558

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
im fine w/ running xmas tree w/ kaka and dinho... but i think we need a real CF to make it work. an adebayor type. perhaps borriello can play it. but maybe not.... anyway f that was to happen we'd have pato and pippo off the bench which is more than nice.... seedorf as needed too. i just think should we get dinho and borriello doesnt work. we have same situation as this year. great playmakers.....no1 to force it in peticularly in ugly games against small teams who back it back defensively.... and thats what costs u the scudetto. because a victory vs atalanta is worth same as a vitory vs. inter..
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 20:05   #8559

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
example.... in 2004-2006. everyon loved dinho and hen messi at barca. but w/o eto'o's consitant scoring it would have been pointless. it goes bothways. although quite frankly if u cant score w/ ronaldinho and kaka behind u feeding you.... ou're ot very good. so maybe borriello can benefit hugely from this. What i do know is there will be no shortage of opportunities w/ those two behind a CF.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 20:13   #8560

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
im fine w/ running xmas tree w/ kaka and dinho... but i think we need a real CF to make it work. an adebayor type. perhaps borriello can play it. but maybe not.... anyway f that was to happen we'd have pato and pippo off the bench which is more than nice.... seedorf as needed too. i just think should we get dinho and borriello doesnt work. we have same situation as this year. great playmakers.....no1 to force it in peticularly in ugly games against small teams who back it back defensively.... and thats what costs u the scudetto. because a victory vs atalanta is worth same as a vitory vs. inter..
I think we should try the 4-3-1-2 formation... but I agree with you the only way we could play this formation is having a real CF. While I give respect to Ronaldinho and I hear he is getting back in shape, he's not a real CF.

I'm a bit concerned, but I think some things should be cleared up in the next 48 hours. I just hope we do get a real CF at the end of all this.

I just would find it foolish if Adebayor is being offered for 17 million pounds (20m E) and Milan does not take that offer.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 13-07-2008 at 20:16.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 20:24   #8561

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
yes but you're missing my point. Perhaps i'm jumping the gun but i feel like dinho is a done deal. And if we get dinho we will play the xmas tree (theres no way in the world you sign ronaldinho and relegate him to bench). I'm sayin if he comes we will run basically a 4-3-3. instead of wingers we have the 2 bst attacking playmakers in world. Both kaka and dinho would take more or less 'free' roles. I think this will work fine as barca did it w/ messi and dinho, and once they figure there chemistry itll be VERY VERY potent.

But there is stil a need for a strong CF upfront to command CB attention and put goals in. Dinho and kaka score the spectacular, but we still need some1 upfront who can be good for a goal every game basically.... a 'drogba' type. I dont like drogba cause of attitude and age, but skill wise i do respect him, and he's type of player im trying to convey. I think adebayor can be better than him. I want to blieve boriello can do that roll, but i dont think so.

I think dinho would be a good signing, i think he has something to prove. and with him in 2009/2010 i think we can get champions league as he'll want to prove he can win it again. kaka is alwas a competitior and going into a world cup year, both will want to prove there spot on the selecao. By that point he'll be 30 and we might tart to see drop off... but by then pato will be 20 (ridiculous isnt it... only 20) and at this rate, he may be able to push 1 of them out of the starting 11..... Perhaps at this point we can sell dinho to manchester city or cheski for way more than he'll be worth :-)
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 20:28   #8562

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
yes but you're missing my point. Perhaps i'm jumping the gun but i feel like dinho is a done deal. And if we get dinho we will play the xmas tree (theres no way in the world you sign ronaldinho and relegate him to bench). I'm sayin if he comes we will run basically a 4-3-3. instead of wingers we have the 2 bst attacking playmakers in world. Both kaka and dinho would take more or less 'free' roles. I think this will work fine as barca did it w/ messi and dinho, and once they figure there chemistry itll be VERY VERY potent.
I don't think this will work without a strong CF... and that's my big problem with the 4-3-3 formation that would be implemented. I'm a bit concerned...

Quote:
I dont like drogba cause of attitude and age, but skill wise i do respect him, and he's type of player im trying to convey. I think adebayor can be better than him. I want to blieve boriello can do that roll, but i dont think so.
He may be the one we may end up getting... but I'm as concerned as you are about Drogba's age... why I haven't been a huge advocate of Milan buying him. If Barca do the swap deal for Adebayor (for Eto'o)... that's one of the big strikers we will have left to get.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 20:31   #8563

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Gazzetta: Decisive Ronaldinho day. Galliani and Dinho fly to Barca, and they are optimistic of closing the deal.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 20:35   #8564

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
Gazzetta: Decisive Ronaldinho day. Galliani and Dinho fly to Barca, and they are optimistic of closing the deal.
When? Monday?
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 13-07-2008, 21:05   #8565

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Surprise how things go so quickly all of a sudden. I am just hoping that this is not yet another rumor.
Jeff is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.