AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-2008, 15:20   #8686

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelly View Post
I think it has been clearly shown that we will not get another goalkeeper this year, Galliani has stated it and now with the words of Dida trying to prove that he will get back to #1 I think the issue is closed for this year and it's a waste trying to worry about it.
We don't have the extra income, like Giovanni said, to afford another big name. If you look back to a post I made previous, once we qualify for CL next year, we'll get the big name forward I believe. The only way is if we could make money off of Borriello and then get someone. Otherwise, it stays as it is. Plus, management seems to think that Borriello plays the "big forward" role anyway, so I'm pretty sure they think he can do enough for us to make it to 4th. Plus, according to Carlo, Kaka' is a striker so there you go. Is Paloschi staying or has he gone on loan? If he stays, it's Pato, Pippo, Cream-boy, Kaka', and Palo. We'll have WAY too many forwards for Carlo!
Eh. I just missed the bus anyways... I'll be here for another 20 minutes... anyways...

You may be right about the four strikers situation. We may just keep Paloschi in the end. Not that I'm against that... I just still feel we lack that certain presence... but it may be more than fine for now... I just hope it is enough not just for CL qualification, but also the scudetto. But um... cream boy?

Either way, I believe this has been a very satisfying transfer season... there still needs to be a few more adjustments made, but if those are made in the winter transfer season or the next summer one, fine by me.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 14-07-2008 at 15:31.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 15:31   #8687

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
If our mercato is closed after Dinho, then we can't loan out Palo. We need 4 strikers, primarily because inzaghi, as much as i love the guy, has injury issues. If godforbid he got injured for a long time and we only have Borriello and Pato, we'll have some problems.
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 15:33   #8688

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri View Post
If our mercato is closed after Dinho, then we can't loan out Palo. We need 4 strikers, primarily because inzaghi, as much as i love the guy, has injury issues. If godforbid he got injured for a long time and we only have Borriello and Pato, we'll have some problems.
And that's why I hope we at least get another striker... as much as I like Paloschi, he's not experienced enough yet and still is very young...

I may even be okay with Sheva coming back on loan... even though I have such distrust... that would be like the last resort thing. I think we'll get Ronaldinho at a good rate, and have money left over.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 15:44   #8689

almilan

Registered User
 
almilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
almilan is an unknown quantity at this point
I hav lost count of many times i have logged onto internet today! We are on the verge of the signing a genius! We better not mess up on this now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-bWsOK-h98
__________________
To the Brave and Faithful Nothing is Impossible
almilan is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 15:54   #8690

xvr11

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
xvr11 is on a distinguished road
With the possible signing of Ronaldinho, we do need a 4th striker that is willing to sit on the bench and be called upon when needed. Shevchenko on loan at reduced wages seems like a good idea. Another idea I've pondered on is to have Paloschi start the year with us and depending on how injuries or playing time goes then send him on half a year loan in January. Then at a serious reduced wages bring back Ronaldo hopefully back from injury and weight issues. I know its hard to count on him because of his past, but he seems to love Milan and the teammates show the same affection in return. Having a Ronaldo as your 4th striker doesn't seem like a bad idea for me but I would understand if people were skeptical about bringing him back.
xvr11 is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 16:05   #8691

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvr11 View Post
With the possible signing of Ronaldinho, we do need a 4th striker that is willing to sit on the bench and be called upon when needed. Shevchenko on loan at reduced wages seems like a good idea. Another idea I've pondered on is to have Paloschi start the year with us and depending on how injuries or playing time goes then send him on half a year loan in January. Then at a serious reduced wages bring back Ronaldo hopefully back from injury and weight issues. I know its hard to count on him because of his past, but he seems to love Milan and the teammates show the same affection in return. Having a Ronaldo as your 4th striker doesn't seem like a bad idea for me but I would understand if people were skeptical about bringing him back.
Based on your choices, I'd go with Sheva. If we can get him via a cheap loan, then there's no risk. Either he goes back to the Sheva of old, or he rides the pine next to Dida...
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 16:18   #8692

ginoformaggino

Registered User
 
ginoformaggino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: padova
ginoformaggino is on a distinguished road
the meeting is over, Barca & Milan will meet tomorrow.
Just a couple of details:
- tomorrow, Galliani will miss an important Lega Calcio reunion : it is happened the same only for the Rivaldo affair.
-Milan arrived without the lawyer Cantamessa, who is arriving tomorrow.

Bronzetti said, Mediaset Tv source live
ginoformaggino is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 17:05   #8693

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
is anybody watching this fiendly game on eurosport? "Edu vs Cation" , whatever that means. Gattuso and Seedorf play in opposing teams.

I'm warming to an idea of signing Michael Schumacher he play for the "Edu" team. If I didn't know better, I could swear he was a retired football player. He plays great
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 17:46   #8694

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
I don't think Dinho will play for City--Galliani (tuttomercato)
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 17:52   #8695

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.gianni View Post
4-3-2-1 has won us the last 2 CLs. It is impossible that we will give up on that formation.
I love the 4-3-2-1. When played correctly like barca in 2005 it can be absolutely beautiful. But we need a strong cf to do so. Hopefully borriello can be him. But I have my reservations
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 22:34   #8696

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
TheGuardian's take on this transfer is so biased towards Man City, it isn't funny, but I guess the Italian press are reporting the deal going in Milan's way on similar sentiments.

After I read the article (sorry no link, but its on their main page, can't miss it) I felt as if Man City had only to print the name on his shirt for all to be ready to welcome him to the EPL.

Fascinating the way the same information, with a few recycled quotes from Man City suits, can make R10's move to Man City almost a foregone conclusion...while even some of the more sceptic fans on this very site, are already drawing up formations for R10's "imminent" arrival, based in Italian press reports.

Silly season...yah gotta love it!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 22:37   #8697

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Chelsea is making a play for Dinho. It goes to show you that a price can only come down so much for a player of Dinho's quality. Milan might have to reach a little deeper in their pockets to make this happen.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=776750
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 22:45   #8698

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri View Post
Chelsea is making a play for Dinho. It goes to show you that a price can only come down so much for a player of Dinho's quality. Milan might have to reach a little deeper in their pockets to make this happen.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=776750
Goal is rubbish, and the paper that article cites "The Sun"... is rubbish too. My take is this, if Chelsea keep Lampard they would have no reason to go after Ronaldinho.

It's just another article from that laughing stock of a website. heh..

Edit: Rubbish compounded.

Eto'o is moving to..... not England... not Italy... not Germany.... but... UZBEKISTAN!

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.a...enutoId=776298

Barcelona star Samuel Eto'o has been audaciously linked with Uzbekistani outfit Kuruvchi, but the Catalan club have already moved to deny any such deal...

Last edited by Giancarlo; 14-07-2008 at 22:58.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 23:35   #8699

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Goal.crap is more like the name....I don't see why Chelski would bid for R10 and Robinho...whom theGuardian states is the subject of a £48M bid or some such figure.

Madrid though, won't sell him, unless they get C.Ronaldo...

Well...I am going to sleep on that note...its getting a little ridiculous at this point.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 14-07-2008, 23:50   #8700

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
....I don't see why Chelski would bid for R10 and Robinho...
I think both of them are R10... are they not? ...
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.