AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-2008, 02:35   #9166

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I dont understand why is Galliani being a hero this week after spending the last week getting crucified?

It's not like he did perform any miracles to tell you the truth. What he did this summer is simply the bare minimum that has been lacking for two years. Think of it this way, the past two transfer campaigns he got an F, and now he gets a C for acceptable. Yes, Flamini Zambrotta and Ronaldinho are the BEST moves this market, but these moves did not happen because of Galliani, it would have happened with even Moratti here. He finally did what the fans have been wanting for two years. Another example would be like, say you have to pay $5 dollars for renting a DVD per day. 2 days have past and you still have not paid anything, but when the third day comes, you decide to pay $5. You tell me, would you be happy in that case?

I'm sorry, I cannot praise him just yet. I'll praise him for what he has done before, sure. But the last two years he has done far too bad to win me over with a transfer campaign that is just acceptable.

And if you're wondering what I expect from Galliani to forgive him, it would be for him to do one of his wonderful steals he used to do (I do think what he did with Flamini was absolutey fantastic though, thats what I want to see more often). I'd like him to snatch players like Robinho or Balotelli, Santacroce or Alex without anyone expecting it.
I think you are underplaying the role Gallini and co play in capturing Ronaldinho. Is not that easy. I do not agree that Moratti will be able to do that. Moratti has simply been shopping for players and splashing out money like crazy to trade for scudetto, a time which (surprisingly?!) coincides with the scandal and stole some of the best players from Juventus. We know the rest of the story. I think even a low-tier manager knows how to do that with the money.

It's difficult to do a 'steal' especially considering that news is all over the place these days. I would almost think that Pato is a steal but nobody seems to notice that. Talents are out there and you can't recruit all of them. Recruiting THE RIGHT ONE is key. For example, after Balotelli talking so much crap about how much he shoudl get paid, I'm not sure if he still fits in with Milan's atmosphere. Same for Cassano (who is amazing but notorious at the same time perhaps?)

And we almost steal Suazo remember?! (and not surprisingly Inter wasted yet another few millions of so leaving him on the bench completely when he could have come here and actually play, right?!)

But I do concede that his performance is awful last year and the year before, but we have to take into account the caciopoli scandal.
Jeff is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 02:43   #9167

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
There's a lot of excitement for the upcoming season and rightly so I think. We're pretty strong in all areas now, especially if guys like Borri or Pato can fulfil their potential.

However, I must admit I'm still slightly concerned about our defence. I wasn't impressed by Kaladze last season and Maldini can't be relied on too frequently. The lack of pace at the back last season was most alarming. Whilst Maldini makes up for this with his superb positioning, Kaladze often stumbled along and found himself in a lot of trouble. That said with Flamini and possibly a better Gattuso (I think he'll have a personal boost after committing to the club and feeling wanted as well, never mind getting the reinforcements he's been quite vocal about the last couple of summers), we should be looking at a much stronger midfield (rather than having teams walk through us on the counter).

Next summer we'll have a lot of work still, but for this season we should have enough to cope.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 04:35   #9168

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
I have to admit what management have done this summer is very good regardless what they did for last two seasons and regarding what competitions we will face this season.

The last two seasons were really crap from the management especially last season!

What I hope is that the management will always remember that we need to invest even we just have won an important thropy.
Siregar is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 04:57   #9169

regin

Registered User
 
regin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Fave Players: anybody in red-black
regin is on a distinguished road
btw,who is gonna take the penalties...?will it be kaka or ronaldinho...!!
i hope it stays with kaka..

Last edited by regin; 18-07-2008 at 05:00.
regin is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 05:36   #9170

ThrusT

Registered User
 
ThrusT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Pirlo, Serginho, Baresi, Rui Costa
ThrusT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by regin View Post
btw,who is gonna take the penalties...?will it be kaka or ronaldinho...!!
i hope it stays with kaka..
Just as every other player Ronaldinho will have to respect the hierarchy in our club. Kaka is high on the list and was here before him so Kaka gets to take the penalties.
Unless ofcourse Kaka allows Dinho to take the penalty instead, same goes for the freekicks (Pirlo-Dinho).


Btw, the rubbish papers are unsurprisingly reporting that Seedorf will leave.
I highly doubt it, but I wonder, what if?
Who would we buy to replace him? No one?
ThrusT is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 05:49   #9171

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
I guess if Seedorf were to leave then Abate would step up to his role OR we would buy no one (realistically). If I were management, I'd buy Schweinsteiger or Silva or Montolivo or Arshavin (yeah, only if..), but I guess the management will not spend for anyone above 10M anymore, let alone an AM, but firstly I would want to know how much money we'd get from Seedorf sale.

I hope he stays and be a nice backup for Kaka/Dinho, though.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 06:14   #9172

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
More news on the rumored Seedorf move:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jul18g.html

I don't believe it for a minute, yet wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

The last team I would sell him to would be Juve though...actually, if I were to sell Clarence, it would be to team in Serie B, or outside of Italy.

Saw this, or at least the possibility of rumors swirling about his possible departure from a mile away....

Tuttosport is the paper making the report, while the more "Milan friendly" Gazetta, has Clarence welcoming R10...

__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 06:14   #9173

regin

Registered User
 
regin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Fave Players: anybody in red-black
regin is on a distinguished road
Its not easy to get montolivo since he'll be the captain for fiorentina..
aquilani has been having this contract problem for such a long period..
if he was to move i think we should snatch him ahead of either inter or juve,he'd be amazing..

But i dont think seedorf might move..
regin is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 07:23   #9174

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
If I were management, I'd buy Schweinsteiger or Silva or Montolivo or Arshavin (yeah, only if..), but I guess the management will not spend for anyone above 10M anymore, let alone an AM, .
Galliani said that the mercato is closed though I think he'll change his mind if Chelsea agrees to sell Sheva
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 09:05   #9175

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
There are two more free players that we can get and can help us a lot: Sheva on loan ( which is our target and a deal we have with Sheva ) and Ferrari.

Ferrari - is not a world class defender, but with Simic going and Abate also, for free we can get pretty young italian player that can help in rotation sistem. And is better then simic, Abate, Marzoratti, Darmiani...for sure an ok solution for a long season in my oppinion.

Sheva - Pippo is 35, Boriello is NOt that good. Our only real class forward now is Pato, and I expect a lot from him. But I axpect Milan to try for Sheva loan also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now the part I adore - Milan's misdield this season:

Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Flamini, Seedorf, KAka', Ronaldinho
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 09:18   #9176

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
Scolari has said that he intends to keep Sheva and use him; I don't know if this is just lip-service to Abramovich's kid, or if he really could get the best out of him. Either way, if Drogba is going to leave Chelsea, which I really doubt, then they would actually be somewhat depleted of decent strikers. I don't see them giving him on loan because he's too old to come back if he has a decent year, they would be better off selling him, but I don't think they have confidence in anyone else. I mean, Pizarro sucked balls and Anelka seems to be off in the clouds; that guy is just a mercenary who I am so happy missed his PK.
I think Sheva will stay; we don't have the funds to pay without CL revenue this year. I'm not saying it wouldn't help to have him, but i just don't think it is realistic given the other arrivals.
Is Paloschi confirmed on loan yet? Also, if serie A starts Aug. 31 and there is an international break soon in September, I don't think we'll miss Ronnie and Pato more than 1-2 games; no problem there.
I wonder how Adebayor and Wenger are getting along right now?!
jtelly is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 09:46   #9177

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelly View Post
Scolari has said that he intends to keep Sheva and use him; I don't know if this is just lip-service to Abramovich's kid, or if he really could get the best out of him. Either way, if Drogba is going to leave Chelsea, which I really doubt, then they would actually be somewhat depleted of decent strikers. I don't see them giving him on loan because he's too old to come back if he has a decent year, they would be better off selling him, but I don't think they have confidence in anyone else. I mean, Pizarro sucked balls and Anelka seems to be off in the clouds; that guy is just a mercenary who I am so happy missed his PK.
I think Sheva will stay; we don't have the funds to pay without CL revenue this year. I'm not saying it wouldn't help to have him, but i just don't think it is realistic given the other arrivals.
Is Paloschi confirmed on loan yet? Also, if serie A starts Aug. 31 and there is an international break soon in September, I don't think we'll miss Ronnie and Pato more than 1-2 games; no problem there.
I wonder how Adebayor and Wenger are getting along right now?!
The management said that there will be no transfer anymore, but in fact we still have some money and I dare to say that there's a chance that we will buy someone, even though it's just at a little chance. So I said that we could see how much money Seedorf will make if he were to leave. Maybe we will buy a younger midfield (like Abate) or loan them, because next season we'll have Gourcuff (I assume...).
Poor Adebayor. He can only pray for Eto'o to leave Barça.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 10:07   #9178

t.gianni

Registered User
 
t.gianni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
t.gianni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
There are two more free players that we can get and can help us a lot: Sheva on loan ( which is our target and a deal we have with Sheva ) and Ferrari.

Ferrari - is not a world class defender, but with Simic going and Abate also, for free we can get pretty young italian player that can help in rotation sistem. And is better then simic, Abate, Marzoratti, Darmiani...for sure an ok solution for a long season in my oppinion.

Sheva - Pippo is 35, Boriello is NOt that good. Our only real class forward now is Pato, and I expect a lot from him. But I axpect Milan to try for Sheva loan also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now the part I adore - Milan's misdield this season:

Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Flamini, Seedorf, KAka', Ronaldinho
This is the first time I have to agree with your post.

Your Ferrari recommedation is good since he is free and a decent player.
t.gianni is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 10:13   #9179

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post

It's not like he did perform any miracles to tell you the truth. What he did this summer is simply the bare minimum that has been lacking for two years. Think of it this way, the past two transfer campaigns he got an F, and now he gets a C for acceptable. Yes, Flamini Zambrotta and Ronaldinho are the BEST moves this market, but these moves did not happen because of Galliani, it would have happened with even Moratti here. He finally did what the fans have been wanting for two years. Another example would be like, say you have to pay $5 dollars for renting a DVD per day. 2 days have past and you still have not paid anything, but when the third day comes, you decide to pay $5. You tell me, would you be happy in that case?
Frankly he did perform miracles and he did manage to get players without breaking the bank. Ronaldinho was bought even with competition from other teams. Man City was offering far many more millions than we were willing to offer. Galliani did what he had to do, and remember unlike Moratti he's not the one who is given the money (Berlusconi does that).

Quote:

I'm sorry, I cannot praise him just yet. I'll praise him for what he has done before, sure. But the last two years he has done far too bad to win me over with a transfer campaign that is just acceptable.
He corrected past wrongs and pulled off huge market coups. I can and will praise him.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 18-07-2008, 10:17   #9180

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Anyone but Ferrari, he's awful.

If Seedorf does leave (which i doubt, but then nothing he does surprises me), we would have to replace him. Abate is the obvious choice seeing as we own him, though it depends if he has been shipped out on loan already.

If not, i would go for Rosina or Lavezzi.
__________________
... Is watching you ...

Last edited by Jim_UK; 18-07-2008 at 10:19.
Jim_UK is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:31.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.