AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-07-2008, 04:38   #9316

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Nope, http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=114380

taken from il Messaggero which is a roman newspaper.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 04:52   #9317

ginoformaggino

Registered User
 
ginoformaggino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: padova
ginoformaggino is on a distinguished road
I've heard, 3-4 days ago instead of ... , that Corvino was interested in Flu Thiago Silva.
I watched him and I'm sure when I say this one is really a great player, with a pace out of the common.

Anyway his price is very high, around 12-15 mil. €., not peanuts.

about summer market in Italy,
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Not...la+tua+squadra


ginoformaggino is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 05:22   #9318

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Van Persie is the 'right' player for any team, as he can play at the right flank.

Management said, we closed the door for any new arrivals. Realistically, as I said before, we closed the door for any expensive purchase. Maybe Adebayor and Arsenal-Wenger couldn't reconcile and they suddenly decide to offer him to us for 5M euros... Crazy if we don't take him... Or we bought some young GKs with cheap price... Anything can happen... Simic, Brocchi, and maybe Seedorf (I don't wish, though) could fuel it further with money we'd get if they to depart.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 07:32   #9319

ARIO

Registered User
 
ARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2000
Location: Indonesia
Fave Players: The divine swan himself : MARCO VAN BASTEN!!!!
ARIO is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75 View Post
While we're after Panucci. WTF??
remember mate...we're not in CL. Maybe next year, when we reached our objectives (Scudetto and UEFA Cup), we'll poach Buffon and Zapata....
Panucci would be an adequate direct replacement of Simic
__________________
A Milan con Affetto.....
F O R Z A M I L A N - 2011/2012MARCHETTI;Abate,DAVID LUIZ,ASTORI,Vila;Thiago Silva;Flamini,Pirlo;Robinho;Pato,Ibrahimovic
ARIO is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 08:41   #9320

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIO View Post
remember mate...we're not in CL. Maybe next year, when we reached our objectives (Scudetto and UEFA Cup), we'll poach Buffon and Zapata....
Panucci would be an adequate direct replacement of Simic
He's still a great defender despite his age... For this year I won't mind and may happy if he comes...
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 08:54   #9321

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Hahaha pls no more OPA comes to Milan. 35 years old? Come on!
Siregar is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 09:06   #9322

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Dinho gets number 80...
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 09:07   #9323

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Regarding Panucci, I'm both happy and angry. I'm happy because it sounds like our Mercato is NOT closed. It looks like we are targeting a CB, which we desperately need assuming Simic and Digao are to leave. And as far as Panucci, I still think he's a great player who can really help any team.

But the guy is 35! Milan keeps talking about how we have debts and a bottom line and can't go frivolously spending money on players the way Madrid and Chelsea do. Yet how much sense does it make to spend money on a player that only has 2 years of viability left? Panucci won't be cheap, despite his age. How much will he potentially cost? 4 million? Well then, wouldn't it make more sense in the long term to spend 3 times that much now on a young player like Zapata who can give you potentially 15+ years of service? And because he's so young, that 12 million is actually an investment as Zapata is an appreciating asset. You could buy him now at 12 million and then sell him if you needed money at 3 times that amount in about 4 years.

Panucci is a fantastic player, in spite of his age. He was probably Italy's second most consistant player at Euro08. But enough with signing old players. We need some youth - especially on defense! All we've really done this offseason defensively is upgrade Cafu with Zambrotta (who himself is a not-so-young 31). That's good, but when you consider the rest of our defense is all over the age of 30 with the exception of Bonera, you realize that this team is going to need to make some serious changes fast. Why not get the ball rolling with Zapata?
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 09:17   #9324

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Disappointing about Dinho getting 80. I was hoping he'd get the #10. i guess Seedorf wasn't too keen on giving up his jersey # as well as his starting spot.

Seedorf can be a big baby. I say that because they just replayed the Fiorentina-Milan match on FSC last night. This is the match where Seedorf sprained his ankle early in the game, was ineffective as a result and was substituted by Pato around the 68th minute. Rather than walk to the sidelines and greet Pato, who at this point only played in around 5 matches, he instead walked towards the far baseline and didn't acknowledge anyone. I get tired of his pouting and cranky attitude. Hopefully he doesn't destroy team chemistry with his antics this season.
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 09:21   #9325

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
And so... why not Santacroce? Zapata, Santacroce, better than Panucci. But Panucci is better than nothing. I won't be angry if he comes, but I truly hope any other young CBs coming, the sooner the better. We're not trying to capture Per Mertesacker?
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 09:21   #9326

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Panucci is just the sort of player that Milan would go for, even if I doubt the veracity of the rumors....

He is a solid defender, can play as a WB or CD, and has years of valuable experience.

We might all flinch at his age, but if he comes on a free, or for a small fee, he could turn out to be one of the better signings of the summer.

Still doubt he will in fact arrive however.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 09:40   #9327

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoformaggino View Post
Interesting. So according to the figures they show, Milan spent 43 million Euros on arriving players and received 32.25 million Euros on departing players. So basically this team spent less than 11 million during these transfers. Obviously these figures are unconfirmed and do not indicate player raises/salaries. Also, while Flamini was a free transfer, I recall Milan paying several million to Flamini as part of the negotiations.

But still, while Milan have made great moves this summer, I can't help but think Milan should spend more. Not for the sake of spending mind you, but to upgrade GK and defense - particularly CB. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait until next year when we qualify for the CL to finally fix our backline.
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 09:42   #9328

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Santacroce AND Zapatta, YES please!! Maybe not both this year though.

Mertesacker, after watching him in the Euros NEVER!!

Panucci, is no better than Kaladze, Jankulovski, Bonera, Kalaadze, Oddo. No thanks. Those players are additions to our first choices Nesta, Maldini and Zambro.

All we need now are players that can improve our starting 11.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually

Last edited by K77SH C; 21-07-2008 at 09:46.
K77SH C is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 10:36   #9329

Campari

Registered User
 
Campari's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Nesta
Campari is on a distinguished road
Finally, with poaching Panucci Milan starts to bring up some fresh blood in the defence, a talented and hungry player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
All we need now are players that can improve our starting 11.
Or do so alternatively in the future!
Campari is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 10:43   #9330

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Panucci is just the sort of player that Milan would go for, even if I doubt the veracity of the rumors....

He is a solid defender, can play as a WB or CD, and has years of valuable experience.

We might all flinch at his age, but if he comes on a free, or for a small fee, he could turn out to be one of the better signings of the summer.

Still doubt he will in fact arrive however.
I agree with you. Panucci is a solid defender who has many years of experiences behind him. I'd prefer someone younger but he could be a good interim measure, and he'll probably retire shortly. Panucci, while 35, may have some to offer Milan.

I understand some of the concerns people have about how many years he has left to offer. I agree... I'd prefer someone slightly younger too.

I'm very suspicious of younger defenders though (below 25 or even 30 for that matter)... defenders need a lot more experience to be great... I mean I remember Germany's defenders... that were all under the age of 29... they were LOUSY. Frankly, I'd be very upset if we go for ANY german defenders. Mertesacker is not Milan grade... forget him.
Giancarlo is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:47.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.