AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-07-2008, 10:46   #9331

kawiki

Registered User
 
kawiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: kotabesar
Fave Players: il capitano
kawiki is on a distinguished road
^ how about Philip Lahm? He's good isn't he? At least better than simic
kawiki is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 10:47   #9332

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiki View Post
^ how about Philip Lahm? He's good isn't he? At least better than simic
He's great going forward, I'll give him that... but that guy doesn't know how to defend... heck, he's basically the one that lost it for Germany by letting Torres slip like that.

Germany's defenders are unusually slow... even if they are young.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 11:00   #9333

kawiki

Registered User
 
kawiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: kotabesar
Fave Players: il capitano
kawiki is on a distinguished road
^ agree about the defending part. But with him, we can change to 4-4-2 formation, add more options to carlo. More like serginho role.

So, any other players on the table or we better start new winter mercato thread?
kawiki is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 11:02   #9334

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiki View Post
^ agree about the defending part. But with him, we can change to 4-4-2 formation, add more options to carlo. More like serginho role.

So, any other players on the table or we better start new winter mercato thread?
You know I think we may get another defender now... it seems like the option is open... the management understands that there needs to be some cover in case a defender gets injured...

I see us getting Panucci for the right price/free... does anyone know when his contract is up with Roma?

I'd really prefer Mexes... but that's not gonna happen lol. He's been with Roma for 4 years now... so is his contract coming to an end?

Last edited by Giancarlo; 21-07-2008 at 11:06.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 11:50   #9335

Snapster

Registered User
 
Snapster's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini, Kaką
Snapster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I'm very suspicious of younger defenders though (below 25 or even 30 for that matter)... defenders need a lot more experience to be great... I mean I remember Germany's defenders... that were all under the age of 29... they were LOUSY. Frankly, I'd be very upset if we go for ANY german defenders. Mertesacker is not Milan grade... forget him.
If you are good enough then you are are old or young enough. I've no problem with going for players at either end of the age scale but I do have problems going for players that aren't good enough at all. Obviously if you are young you have your health and time on your side to improve, but if you are over the hill and not quality enough then forget it.

Mertesacker is a bit unfair to single out having missed most of the season due to injury and clearly lacked match practise. The others you can not excuse so much.
__________________
Time to get back to where we belong, on top!
Snapster is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 13:09   #9336

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
im personally VERY bitter inter are onto thiago silva. this guy is super fast and good defender. He offers something we dont have out back. pannucci? Cmon, i like him, but how is that an upgrade or difference tyo simic, kaladze or maldini? If we get new defender we need to upgrade, or get potential player who will be an upgrade.

its better to pay 10-15 mil for a defender who can contribute for over 10 years....as opposed to pannucci for 4-5 mil for 1-2 seasons max! Thiago Silva also has more upside. Should he develop slowly, we still have paolo, kaladze... obviously bonera.

I'm just using silva as an example, same holds true for other young CBs. You guys all know, if thiago silva moves to a european club and impresses, or zapata performs well again they will be 25-30+ million players. quality young CBs are expensive and hard to come by.

My biggest fear is nesta getting hurt for an extended period.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 13:17   #9337

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Mexes is more my kind of defender... I'd love to see Roma sell him to Milan... he's experienced in the Serie A, and is what 26/27?

Something hilarious from Galliani from goal.crap...

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.a...enutoId=785882

"An offer of €150m for Kaką doesn’t exist from anyone, even less so from Chelsea,” said Galliani.

"These reports are urban legends. Someone will write tomorrow that there is a €200m offer, and in September the figure will reach €300m.

------

LOL. A little humor... man before we know it someone will be offering the GDP of an entire small country for Kaka lol...
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 13:22   #9338

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
This is a season to get some long-term, young replacements...especially in defense. While I respect Panucci's contributions to the club (especially against Barca in 94) and think he was a good performer at Euro 2008, I don't want another band-aid; this is the year to bleed youngsters, to let them get euro experience in a cup that let's be honest, if we don't win nobody's gonna care, and we can start to gel a great new cycle.
I'd actually rather just keep the squad as it is than add Panucci, no disrespect to him. But it'd save us money for next year if that is when we'll get a new young CD.
All in all, I am VERY excited for the season, and thankful for the job Galliani and Berlu have done-the impending sense of dread that I felt before last season has been replaced by giddy excitement!
jtelly is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 13:23   #9339

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
I have loved Mexes since he was on Auxerre, he totally stood out and I was pissed when he went to Roma, especially because it was a sketchy transfer. I don't think Roma would sell him and haven't heard any rumors, are there any floating around Giancarlo?
jtelly is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 13:25   #9340

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Yeah it's just a pie in the sky rumor regarding Panucci...

I see us getting another young defender... I'd really like Mexes though... but I don't think Roma will give him up.

Edit: I haven't heard any rumors. Last time I heard was Galliani saying that he wasn't gonna move for him... but Galliani says a lot of stuff.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 14:53   #9341

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I think this topic is going to lose its hype now ... ^^
Why ?
Simply because I don't see us signing a "big player" unless it is a surprise, so actually there is not going to be any interesting and persistent rumors anymore ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 14:58   #9342

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Well there could be one more signing, but nothing dramatic and nothing major...
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 15:07   #9343

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
http://www.animatunes.com.br/animaco...20/ao-quadrado

Click on the play sign. I found it in Gazzetta.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 17:06   #9344

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29. View Post
http://www.animatunes.com.br/animaco...20/ao-quadrado

Click on the play sign. I found it in Gazzetta.
I laughed until I saw the Milan shirt
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 21-07-2008, 17:58   #9345

Vulli

Reuters Milan Correspondent
 
Vulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Republic of Kosovo
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Vulli is on a distinguished road
Matteo Ferrari's agent revealed that an agreement could not be found with Fiorentina because of the player's salary demands

We have two offers lined up and they are two Italian clubs, because Matteo has chosen to refuse the many foreign offers he added

could he come to Milan ??

Last edited by Vulli; 21-07-2008 at 18:02.
Vulli is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.