AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 07:00   #9631

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
How can you be satisfied with 3rd place? We are Milan..
That we are...and will always be...look at it this way...u can hope for the scudetto if u want, but based on the players we have on board, I don't see it happening...what do u want me to do? Throw a "hissy" fit, and cut off my hair like Britney?

The reality is that the team, as is, isn't scudetto material IMO...(not going to lose sleep over it)...and for me, this is to be expected in a "transition" type year, yet if u feel otherwise...hey...I have no problems with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
We, along with Juve, represent Italian football's duopoly. I think it's an abomination that we would even consider being happy with these results. We aren't even in the CL!!! Milan needed a central defender even before Nesta's injury. If they don't get one now (which they won't), then it would be catastrophic.
so in the end, u do agree with me, even if u r even more pragmatic...though a lot depends on what u consider "catastrophic"...do u mean relegation? That is what I would consider as such...yet to me, even if we don't add to the squad, we would still be say, in the auto-qualifying spots for the UCL next term.

Hardly "an abomination" or a catastrophe.

While Milan is important to me, I have other priorities, such as keeping a roof over my family's head...so forgive me if I don't have a heart attack because some Italian billionaire I have never met, decides not to spend $s on his pet/toy.

I am a Milan fan yes, but I have a life as well, and I think that based on the team as is, we won't win the title....what do u want me to do? Pretend that we will when I feel we won't? Help me out here bro...
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 07:51   #9632

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
let me help you

we want you to wake up now you admit we don't have a squad for Scudetto, but you find that OK?

OK, so you will not allow yourself to get upset over Milan, but at least you could admit that you were wrong in praising the management?

I know the mercato isn't over, I'd be delighted to be wrong, but most major transfers are done by now. So I'm pretty pessimistic about next season
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 08:24   #9633

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Wake up?

Who was sleeping? Who was "praising" the management? If failing to criticize, and being grateful to Berlu for the silverware and re-birth of the club is "praise" then so be it.

I have always maintained that we have players we need to sell, and players we need to buy...what's different between myself and a few posters here, is that I don't call them (ie mgmt)theives, or suggest that they sell the club.

Post some quotes of my posts if my "praise" for them hasn't been followed by a reality check with regard to reinforcements. (No creative editing now )

I don't think I could "praise" management without stating what to me is most obvious...and at the point of being redundant, indicate that we need a CD, GK and striker...but since some of us are selective readers, let me restate it:

Thanks Berlu for 20 wonderful trophy laden seasons, but we do need more quality players in the GK, CD and Striker positions.

Now, should I end by cursing Berlu and Galliani as crooks, thieves, and glory-merchants, who only want to leech the club dry, so as to sound more cool or radical? How disrespectful, and immature would that be?

Indeed...how ungrateful?

They (Mgmt) are human. They make mistakes, but more often than not, they get it right...and if they haven't gotten it totally right this year..then there is always next year. Might sound like an Inter fan, but such is life...there is a cycle to most things, and currently we are in a rebuilding phase, which, based on all events, seems to be taking longer than we would want.

U always have a choice though: stop supporting the club, or continue to do so...

U can choose to continue supporting the club, and crying and moaning everytime we lose that Berlu et al are criminals who should sell the club, or not.

I chose the latter in both cases, dunno, but it helps me sleep better @ night, and is generally less stressfull.

Try it. U may like it.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 08:46   #9634

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Chelsea FIVE... YES FIVE... Milan zero... 5-0!

Warro, if this is no catastrophe - then tell me what is! Catastrophe after catastrophe and all we keep doing is praising the sad excuse of a management for their past achievements.. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Watching my beloved Milan get thrashed like this, to an english team 5-0... omg.

We must not our club be run by careless people. I hope the strikes begin. I wonder where are all those people who said we have had such a stunning transfer campaign?
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 08:50   #9635

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Warro has acknowledged the the Management need to act while still acknowledging their achievements. Like the rest of us, he can only sit back and watch. Hes just more relaxed about it, but thats probably down to geography
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:05   #9636

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
LOL that was good!
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:09   #9637

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
All I am saying is you shouldn't be happy with third place. All the other stuff (roof over head) is so cute but irrelevant. In a football context, Warro, you should want the Scudetto, especially in a year we are not in the CL. Furthermore, being in the CL is no guarantee that this management will move for players. We have started buying players when the chips were down.

Our market has been pretty good, but if we don't react to situations, then we can have a repeat of last year. We need to show some players the door and bring in a CD.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:10   #9638

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Geography, and the abundance of herbs and spices on this tropical isle...

Plus, why worry about things u cannot change?



Not me. I don't even worry about the things I can change...I just go about changing them.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:15   #9639

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't tell me to stop supporting the club. How can you support the club and be so relaxed when we fail so hard? I know that I can't do anything about that, but my love for Milan is huge and i just can't stand watching us humiliated like today.

If you can, then you are not such a big fan after all.

let me agree you with one part of your sentence:

Thank you Berlu for 20 wonderful trophy laden seasons, but if you don't want to continue spending money to bring us more trophies, I am sure there are other billionares who will.
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:30   #9640

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
But then, what could we do? Crying here won't bring the club to a better state. I personally don't want to throw curses on management even though I want it now, but I won't mind if others are doing that.

But at one time I came here the mgmt were being cursed for not bringing any quality signing despite Zambrota and Flamini were already joining our team, and after that they're heaped by praise for buying Ronaldinho, and after we've been slaughtered by Chelsea and got several players being heavily injured the mgmt is being cursed again. Answer for yourself whether is't fair or not, but I am not criticizing that or accusing that behavior OR ANY OTHER BEHAVIORS AS NOT LOVING MILAN.

I believe we all here are loving our dear Milan very much and there are many ways to express that, so respect others' way to express their love to Milan and NEVER, NEVER accussing somebody here of not loving Milan because that's the second greatest insult I consider here (after being Inter Merda fan).
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:35   #9641

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
I want to add something.

Criticizing management here is easy and brings no consequences. If you're wrong and the mgmts are right later, as a Milan fan you have the right to be happy and proudly says to everyone "that's my dear team". If the mgmts are proven wrong and you're right, you could say "I told you so". See?
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:42   #9642

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd be delighted if I'm wrong and we win the Scudetto with this team. I will have no problem saying I was wrong to criticize and apologize to everyone.

But that's sci-fi.
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:49   #9643

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Thats it, break out the herbs Warro. Losing/ lost faith in Galliani.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:53   #9644

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Name a couple Stitch!

Please!

And let's hope they are really in it for the love of the club, and not just to see how much they can line their own pockets with.

Please...there must be some articles/links u can give me to the "Billionaires Weekly" that u must subscribe to in order for u to make these sorts of proclamations.

And don't get me wrong...20yrs of relative success by no means makes u irreplaceable...but please...a short list of billionaires that u can prove have an interest in owning Milan, since they apparently abound in ur neck of the woods.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 11:58   #9645

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Why are people flaming already when the first official game has not even started?

The thing that Milan should worry about is Kaka`'s injury. That's the only thing that is worhty of a distraction to Milan at the moment.
Jeff is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.