AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 06:48   #9661

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
For sure he is better then Simic and Digao or Favalli playing at CB's.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 06:54   #9662

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
For sure he is better then Simic and Digao or Favalli playing at CB's.
It means he doesnt improve our first team squad (starting eleven). We need a very good one.
Siregar is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 07:09   #9663

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Stendardo?

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=804339
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 08:32   #9664

Snapster

Registered User
 
Snapster's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini, Kakā
Snapster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
Thing is, as a coach he have to say this. He can't go out and say "my players suck, I need new ones" as that wouldn't be good for team-morale especially if those players have to stay. If he have complaints, then those go directly to Galliani.

Besides, I don't think anyone here have not conceded that we need a new CB, I'm not exactly alone in advocating that. For that we need a great one, not another reserve! We got loads of backup CBs, we need someone of real class.
Very true, we have too many bottom feeders who aren't worth the pay packet we give them when we could have more talented hungry players with potential, and some world class players fans expect at Milan. I do find it funny that Galliani says Milan are broke when he's the one that creates half the problem by overpaying players or giving them stupid contracts (eg Dida).
__________________
Time to get back to where we belong, on top!
Snapster is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 08:58   #9665

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapster View Post
Very true, we have too many bottom feeders who aren't worth the pay packet we give them when we could have more talented hungry players with potential, and some world class players fans expect at Milan. I do find it funny that Galliani says Milan are broke when he's the one that creates half the problem by overpaying players or giving them stupid contracts (eg Dida).
At the time Dida signed his contract he was one of the greatest goalkeepers in the world and probably deserved his wages. He's had an amazing drop of form that Galliani can't be blamed for.
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:24   #9666

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
At the time Dida signed his contract he was one of the greatest goalkeepers in the world and probably deserved his wages. He's had an amazing drop of form that Galliani can't be blamed for.
Not entirely true. You are right, he was still highly rated and in high esteem, but there were definite signs of deteriorating form. I remember the day early last year when the news broke out that we extended Dida. Many were arguing that it was a big mistake. Especially when there were rumors about Buffon's availability. If I recall correctly, Dida was holding out for some time and there was talk that he would sign for Barca on a free since his contract expired in June 2007. I guess he was holding out for more money and the board approved the large increase.

But you are correct in saying Dida's drop in form was shockingly quick. He went from being one of the best GKs to being inconsistant to being 3rd string. I believe it's all a mental thing at this point. He's completely lost confidence in himself and he needs to get out of Milan for his own benefit - as well as ours

Anyway, I'm surprised no one has commented on this story:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=803815


Felipe profile on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felipe_Garcia_dos_Prazeres
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:31   #9667

Snapster

Registered User
 
Snapster's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini, Kakā
Snapster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arildonardo View Post
At the time Dida signed his contract he was one of the greatest goalkeepers in the world and probably deserved his wages. He's had an amazing drop of form that Galliani can't be blamed for.
Galliani renewed his contract last year as it was going to run out and gave him a lovely 4.5m euro's a year deal when he clearly was not anywhere near the best in the world. Even if it's a matter of personal opinion, he's been nowhere near the best for quite a few years.
__________________
Time to get back to where we belong, on top!
Snapster is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:56   #9668

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
Don't tell me to stop supporting the club. How can you support the club and be so relaxed when we fail so hard? I know that I can't do anything about that, but my love for Milan is huge and i just can't stand watching us humiliated like today.

If you can, then you are not such a big fan after all.
I never told you to stop supporting the club bro...check my post...I said we all have choices...never once did I suggest that you make any...

Then you go to speculate on how big (or not) a fan I am...gimmie a break

Whats the use of getting upset over a preseason friendly? We were already "fighting" for 3rd place in a tournament in Russia for heavenīs sake!...who cares if we won or lost? Obviously not the players...and since they didnt...what to do? Fume, fuss and fight? Not me.
.................................................................................................... ....

On the Stendardo issue...Tony (29) can you give us any insight? Did he actually play for Juve? And if so, how did he perform?
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:09   #9669

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post

On the Stendardo issue...Tony (29) can you give us any insight? Did he actually play for Juve? And if so, how did he perform?
I saw that he apparently only played in 5 games for Juve. I guess he wasn't spectacular since he got so little playing time, but who knows...
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:23   #9670

Fanous

Registered User
 
Fanous's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Fave Players: Maradona, Abou Treika, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo, Kaka
Fanous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
In Italy, looks like we don't change ownership as easy as in EPL, because Serie A has stronger traditions and that's why I don't like EPL; true values of football are starting to disappear and we see more and more commercialization and industrialization of football which places football second below those. I don't mean to directly reply to Stitch's post; this opinion is only what I think related to that post.

Milan, Inter, Roma, Juventus... all the top 4 clubs of Serie A... remind me when was the last time one of them changed the ownership. Berlusconi is an icon of Milan as Morrati in Inter. No one understands Milan as Berluconi understands Milan.
Good post. I agree completely. I have immense respect for how this club has been run over the years, what it stands for, what it means to the players to be a part of the "Milan" family. In my opinion, in creating and perpetuating this type of environment, the management have done way more for this club than Abramovich's billions ever could. This is precisely why many players are loyal to this club, why many other players join this club, despite having significantly better financial offers from other clubs. Isn't this in itself a form of long-term thinking? Sure, we have a few gaps in our squad that I would love to see filled. We might not win the scudetto this year, but I certainly expect the team to put up a serious fight. In the end, it is a trade-off. Without Berlusconi and Galliani, this club wouldn't be where it is today. If Berlusconi were to step down, Milan could potentially lose a lot more than it would gain. And although losing heavily to Chelsea in a pre-season friendly is indeed a source of concern for the upcoming season, it certainly will not change the way I feel about how the club is run - even if the management don't react immediately.
Fanous is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:37   #9671

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
I can't tell you much about Stendardo because he played, and mostly as a reserve, in maximum 4-5 matches.

Frankly, i have no idea why would Milan be after Stendardo. The man lost his place in Lazio's starting XI to Cribari and Siviglia, who are, imo, the funniest defensive pair in serie A.
Juve took Stendardo on loan out of desperation. Due to injuries, suspensions and after selling Criscito and Boumsong, Juve were left with 0 Cb's for the Coppa match with Inter. That was the only reason why they took Stendardo on loan with an option to buy him (obviously they decided not to buy him). These Coppa matches with Inter were the only matches where he was given a fair chance. After that he got few more chances, but as i said, mostly as a reserve in some meaningless matches.

Stendardo is strong and good in the air but he's below average in everything else. Very slow and clumsy defender.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 11:10   #9672

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Thanks Tony...and since I respect your "scouting" report...I certainly dont want him at Milan...
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 11:19   #9673

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Allkinds of Milan news on Goal.com. Here's a story linking us with Thiago Silva...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=804633
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 12:12   #9674

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Coz goal.com is just running out of stories...
Jeff is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 12:37   #9675

MVBasten

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
MVBasten is on a distinguished road
I know this is a little bit off topic, but I don't understand why people are so critical of goal.com. As far as I know, they dont "make up" stories themselves, they just report what other media says. If you read the index of the page it says: "Goal.com - English football - football gossip - football transfers - football scores". So they report actual official messages from the clubs, they follow matches and give live updates from them _AND_ they report gossip that is roaming the both serious and less serious media around (with an english football focus). Yes there are alot of silly "gossip" floating alot of media, but goal.com decided from the start to not make judgement of how valid a media report is, they decided they will tell you about it, and let the reader decide how valid it is. Obviously a smart choice of them considering how extremely popular they are.

Read goal.com when you want to know everything the media says about Milan without having to visit 50 webpages and look yourself, they do the job for you! If you want solid information you visit the official club webpage and gazzetta. Have fun
MVBasten is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:39.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.