AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-08-2008, 09:46   #10411

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Selling Oddo is not the best option, but this shows that Milan do want to develop players like Antonelli... (forgive me if I spell it wrong).
Jeff is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 09:50   #10412

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Selling Oddo is not the best option, but this shows that Milan do want to develop players like Antonelli... (forgive me if I spell it wrong).
Lol, I think you mean Antonini?
__________________
Forza Milan!
Koeke is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 09:59   #10413

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Selling Oddo is not the best option, but this shows that Milan do want to develop players like Antonelli... (forgive me if I spell it wrong).
Even though you mean Antonini, he's a LB and as Oddo is a RB, Antonini's situation isn't helped by Oddo's departure at all.

I also don't see why so many people are happy to have CBs playing in full-back positions. Bonera is ok at RB but nothing more than that, while the rest of the CBs are shocking full-back positions. By all means do it when there's absolutely no other alternative, but in all other circumstances they should stay in the middle.

No matter what happens this season, the defence will still need 3 new faces (lb, rb, cb) & a new GK next season ... and i mean signings for the first team, not little squad players who offer nothing.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 11:21   #10414

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
so who are the three playing at RB? Zambrotta, Bonera, and ?
Jeff is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 11:26   #10415

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
so who are the three playing at RB? Zambrotta, Bonera, and ?
It used to be three with ODDo there, but not anymore...we have left Zambro and Bonera whom I dont fancy at Rb position...however Antonini played as a Rb with sporting gijon....so who knows
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 12:01   #10416

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
so who are the three playing at RB? Zambrotta, Bonera, and ?
Darmian can play as RB according to Carlo... he should have played there in the Napoli vs Juve vs Milan...

and also, in emergency Janku, Antonnini and Favalli can play as RB
but i dont think we'll lose Bonera and Zambrotta at same time
_Ace is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 14:03   #10417

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I dont think we will be signing any other players, we've done more than enough this market. They wanted to sign 6-7 players, they signed 11. A perfect mercato in my eyes, the only slight disappointments is Senderos when we could have gotten a better CB, and Boriello's unnecessary purchase. What happened to all the cutting down the squad but increasing the quality talk?

If I was incharge of the Milan board right now I would:
- Sell Boriello
- Try to get rid of Dida, if he makes it impossible to sell him then sell Kalac.
- Sell Brocchi
- Sell Favalli or just release him
- Get a world-class CB (Zapata, Cannavaro)..or even players like Ivanovic and Canini would do just fine
- Keep Cardacio and Viudez training with the team for a year
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 14:30   #10418

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
If I was incharge of the Milan board right now I would:
- Sell Boriello
- Try to get rid of Dida, if he makes it impossible to sell him then sell Kalac.
- Sell Brocchi
- Sell Favalli or just release him
- Get a world-class CB (Zapata, Cannavaro)..or even players like Ivanovic and Canini would do just fine
- Keep Cardacio and Viudez training with the team for a year
What's your point exactly?
-Sell Boriello? We just bought him, selling him now that would be stupid it's not going to happen.
-They tried to sell dida but those who want him can't afford him, those who can afford him don't want him. Why would we want to sell Kalac? We need 3 keepers I don't think anybody want want to buy him and we would have to buy another keeper. It's not going to happen
-Sell Brocchi? He is on his way to lazio...
-Favalli's contract expired this summer the board gave him a new contract. Selling him (to who??) or releasing him is not going to happen. I wouldn't have given him a new contract either but we can't tear it up after it was signed a few months ago. (Allthough I don't know what's more stupid tearing that contract or the fact we actually gave him a new one )
-We tried to get ivanovic, we failed. Cannavaro? Why would we want to buy another 35 year old defender? Zapata would be great I agree but we got Senderos so it's not going to happen...
-Cardaccio and Viudez? I don't know it seems that they will get a chance but this could change rapidly.

I don't see how or who could leave after Brocchi (as far as I know still not official) except maybe for Cardacio and Viudez on loan.
to quote Galliani our Mercato is over

it's now up to the players FORZA MILAN
__________________
Forza Milan!
Koeke is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 14:58   #10419

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Brocchi to Lazio (official)

OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION A.C. MILAN

8/28/2008

MILAN - A.C. Milan communicate that the footballer Cristian Brocchi has been sold to SS Lazio on a permanent basis.
________________


Thank you Brocchi for what you have done with Milan. Good luck with your new club.
Siregar is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 15:29   #10420

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Anybody knows how much we got for Brocchi 20 or 25 million
Mods let's lock this thread
__________________
Forza Milan!
Koeke is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 15:34   #10421

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
My dreams have come through half way!!! Now next year we will sell Ancelotti and all the players/people I dislike will be gone from Milan!

The price for Brocchi? I assume somthing like 1000 euro's and hundred new football kits for younger academy players
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 15:37   #10422

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
My dreams have come through half way!!! Now next year we will sell Ancelotti and all the players/people I dislike will be gone from Milan!

The price for Brocchi? I assume somthing like 1000 euro's and hundred new football kits for younger academy players
i dont think we can sell Ancelloti Mrki...

and anyway, who would we get instead
_Ace is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 15:38   #10423

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
not ussually management backer but i feel the need to reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
If I was incharge of the Milan board right now I would:
- Sell Boriello
why? pippo always hurt, kaka injury problems. So we got 19 ear old pato, ronaldinho, and sheva.... paloschi is not very good, sorry. he definately cannot play for milan now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
- Try to get rid of Dida, if he makes it impossible to sell him then sell Kalac.
i'm with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
- Sell Brocchi
- Sell Favalli or just release him
the whole world is with you here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
- Get a world-class CB (Zapata, Cannavaro)..or even players like Ivanovic and Canini would do just fine
what exactly have zapata or canini proven compared to senderos?
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 15:48   #10424

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Well, you have to remember, mate. When ever Carlo focused on certain competition, he would get very good result just like he did when Milan won Scudetto (who actually Roma 'should' have won it with respect to the point Roma got) and of course THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (I don't need to describe this as this is very clear).

I am absolutely sure that we will focus on Serie A, making UEFA Cup just as second choice. We now have squad depth that we didn't have recent years. This could boost our regular players' performances (from last season), players like Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf even Kaka because there will be much more pressure on them by knowing that we have Flamini and Cardacio (even Emerson) who will give pressure for Pirlo and Gattuso), R80 who will fight Seedorf and/or Kaka for the starting line-up.

This season we will also have better crosses for our strikers from Zambrotta and our new midfielders, Flamini and Cardacio who both have decent crosses. In addition Pirlo could move forwards and deliver more assists (either crosses, through ball or long ball) to our striker(s) as Flamini can easily cover and take Pirlo's position and task in front of our CDs.

So, I am still pretty sure that we will give a very tough fight for other Scudetto's contenders.
Siregar is offline  
Old 28-08-2008, 16:11   #10425

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK View Post
Even though you mean Antonini, he's a LB and as Oddo is a RB, Antonini's situation isn't helped by Oddo's departure at all.

I also don't see why so many people are happy to have CBs playing in full-back positions. Bonera is ok at RB but nothing more than that, while the rest of the CBs are shocking full-back positions. By all means do it when there's absolutely no other alternative, but in all other circumstances they should stay in the middle.

No matter what happens this season, the defence will still need 3 new faces (lb, rb, cb) & a new GK next season ... and i mean signings for the first team, not little squad players who offer nothing.
The thing is Jim...if I may call you Jim ( )...I like when we play at times with 3 CDs and one Wide "defender" like Marek, or say Zambrotta, who will attack down one flank, say against teams we need to be a bit more defensive against.

This way, we have 3 defenders at the back at all times...with the DM covering the run of the attacking Rt or Lt back.

No argument about the choice of aquisitions for next term though!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.