![]() |
|
|
#31 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
Quote:
2) I think you are making the assumption that players on the bench can, and I doubt that too. Brocchi, Emerson ... The only one that I think he misses is Gourcuff, but even then Gourcuff's performance at MIlan is not great. You can say whatever you want about Gourcuff now; but remember he is playing in the French's league. Nor is Milan a team that develops youth player. Milan is not Arsenal; developing youth player has almost never been the top priority of the Milan organization, until just probably recently. I also disagree with you on this point about not develpoing youth player: Paloschi does get chance sto play last year, and also remember that he would have stayed had Shevchenko not come (don't tell me Ancelotti is the one asking to buy Sheva). Being too long in Milan is a bad reason. Think about Ferguson.... and they won 2 cups last year. And if carlo supposingly say nothing, why will other coach (and who are they) do? But we'll see what happens.... ![]() J |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2006
![]() |
Quote:
As far as developing young players is concerned, I agree with you on the point that Milan is not a team good at developing young talent. That has never been the Milan style to develop our own superstars, no matter how much Galliani believes so. But in the meantime, we also have to look at the fact that none of the young talent Ancelotti has had actually improved into stars under Ancelotti. Gourcuff was benched at all times; Pato is only a couple more bad performances away from giving his spot to Shevchenko permanently; Paloschi has already left; and who knows what is going to happen with the two young Uruaguay players. The management was stupid to make developing young players our primary market objective especially with Ancelotti's track record with young players. When I wrote my post, I knew somebody would compare Ancelotti to Ferguson. And here is why Ancelotti cannot do what Ferguson did with Man U. In Manchester, Ferguson gets practically a brand new team every five to seven years. From the days of Ince to Beckham to C Ronaldo. That's three generations of players in less than 20 years. Here in Milan, we use one squad of players for over 10 years. ManU always has new and young players who are willing to listen to Ferguson's mentoring. Here in Milan, we have a whole roster of players who are sick and tired of listening Ancelotti's words. That is why we have to have new coaches every once in a while. You simply cannot have the same coach and players for that long and still hope they have enough passion for one another to fight hard every game. Now onto the new coach. Based on my observations, not many coaches in today's soccer world allow their bosses to push them around as much as Ancelotti. Ancelotti just seems like he doesn't really care about what happens in the market. Now a new coach will have to protect his own repurations, which means they will have to get good results with this team. And to do that, he will need good players that fit into his style of play. That means, the coach will have to fight the management to get what he needs just for his personal reputation before anything else. Besides, most young coaches nowadays are more violatile to begin with (see Mourinho, Schuster, etc), so that's why I believe a new coach will be able to demand more players and support from the management. Last edited by slifersd; 12-09-2008 at 21:04. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
![]() |
Spaletti, Prandelli, and hear this loud MAZZARI !!!!!!!!!! Very good couches
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR< |
|
|
|
|
|
#34 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
Quote:
2. In response to youth player, I think the players you mentioned is largely unjustified. First, how many coaches actually make their own stars from scratch? Messi? Then how about Kaka`? Wenger? But like you said Milan and Arsenal is different in that regard... Second, Gourcuff is a mystery. I don't know why he didn't perform for MIlan at all, but I agree that perhaps Ancelotti could do a better job. Third, Paloschi has nothing to do with Ancelotti. We all know why he left us (for now). Fourth: I honestly don't know what is going on with him. If you look at the way he plays, and I maintain, he is like playing so casually at all. While I know that he is very comfortable dribbling with the ball, taking it seriously and treating each football game as serious matter is important. I think Pato still has a lot to learn, especially from a developmental perspective. Also, Pato actually scored 9 goals last year. Exactly what happened to him during the summer? I don't know, but I'll be reluctant to attribute it to Ancelotti. He is definitely a star, but I suspect that he may not have the character (yet) to get it. We all know success is more than just talent. I hope that the two young Uruguary players will get more playing time. The only reason Ancelotti should leave is that the players have no trust in him anymore. If the players continue to have trust in him, there is no reason to sack him at this moment. It will only make matter worse. I like your point about Man U switching players etc. and people want to listen to the coach. I share with you such concern; but at the same time I also want to maintain that Man U has a very different philosophy from Man U: Milan treats the players like a family member, and this is well-known. Even if Ancelotti thinks that Brocchi sucks, Id on't think Ancelotti is the only person who has the power to let him go. Galliani and Berlusconi have the biggest say, I would dare to say. The situation is different from Man U, but let's not go into that route then. My conclusion is that Ancelotti cannot do what Ferguson did not because Ancelotti is not capable but because the way the system is built. Ferguson might have had left Milan a few years ago then if he were to coach Milan and realized the way Milan worked... I agree with you about managers being more volatile, but I also want to point out that not many owners can actually stand them. Morinho is already one prime example. Is it better or worse for Chelsea last year? We all know how it all went. Sacking Ancelotti hoping that something will happen is a bad idea. It's without a long-term vision. If both Ancelotti and Gallini (and Berlusconi) has a long-term reason for sacking Ancelotti and brining Donadoni or whoever in and make the team more successful than now, I'm all ears. The key, honestly, is about our defense. Now, what makes our defense so vulnerable --- I think that's the key question. Sacking Ancelotti is like slapping right in front of Gallini and Bersluconi, because it means that they have done something wrong in the transfer market. We have already discussed why it is important to bring in a defender. Did we? No. How did you know Ancelotti didn't raise voice to the management? Not in the news doesn't mean that it didn't happen. If it's glaringly obvious that we lack a WC defender, I don't see how it's not glaringly obvious to Berlu and Galliani. If you look at our record for the last two games, we let in 4 goals in total (with Abbiati btw; why Milan didn't buy a new GK?) and scored only once, NOT A STRIKER. Then consider the number of CHANCES Milan has created against the opponents, and how many times the strikers actually score. If I'm angry, I'm angry because Shevachenko, Pato, Inzaghi didn't score. Pato could have done a really much better job, but so far he is not. He himself is like not listening to instruction and just wondering around. We don't know how Sheva will turn out, but just think about if Inzaghi has scored the couple of good goals. Just think what would have happened. I think the strikers now owe a lot to Milan. (a word on Ancelotti: I do agree that he screws up Gilardino. I really think that he mismanaged him OR GIlardino simply didn't suit with Ancelotti's game plan). |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
will you fellas chill, its been one game already and people are already talking about new coaches and how the strikers have failed miserably. cut them some slack, give them at least 2 more games, AT LEAST, before you guys become so judgmental..
take it easy, we will score big next game ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2007
![]() |
This probably doesn't belong on this thread, but I'm watching the Parma Anconna game and Paloschi just scored a nice little header. It was point blank and off a nice cross, but still very nice. Aside from that, he's had a couple of other opportunities early in the game.
I can't help but feel that this kid is something special. He's fearless! At only 18, he demonstrates confidence and maturity. And it got me thinking again about that co-ownership deal. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all. With a co-ownership deal, Parma will put a lot of effort into improving this kid so they can maximize Milan's buyout. If it were just a loan, Parma would potentially give him less playing time. There's hopefully some sort of max bid that Parma can make so Milan would only have to submit that max plus 1 Euro to buy him back. Anyway, I really hope Palo becomes the next great striker, not only for Milan's benefit, but for the Azzurri as well. |
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
![]() |
Me too...we've seen carlo's ability to develop young players, and i think that at the end of the day it is best for milan to ship them out to other teams and hopefully bring them back at the right time. I like palo's enthusiasm and with some time and better tactical training, he should be a very strong addition.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
![]() |
Gorky was amazing today also,with a bit of luck we will have a WC player next year
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati |
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
![]() |
^^ Did you see the game? I tried to watch it but stream was crappy. I'll have to download it when it's available. I know he assisted the goal though.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#41 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
![]() |
Quote:
where does he fit in though?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
![]() |
Quote:
P.S. Quraresme is PURE CRAP.... Glad he didn't come here ![]()
__________________
Milan is a rose, love even the thorns.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
![]() |
I don't know if one year would be enough for him to go back to Milan. He needs tons of matches to gain experience and make him mature so he will be able to play consistently. It's just so sad to remember how Milan boards did to him by not loaning him first before he came to Milan. He had only 1 year of experience as starting line-up and it's in Ligue 1 (not Serie A) and suddenly Galliani thought (or still think) that he was wonder kid or world class talent player like Messi or Pato. Poor Gourcuff!
__________________
´ If Tassotti, Baresi, Costacurta and I are going to have a coffee now, we would put us in line and keeping the space unintentionally. |
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2008
![]() |
About Ancelotti not giving enough oppurtunities to younger players:
Its not only Ancelotti but many Italian Managers who have the same approach when it comes to overprotecting and delaying the proggession of youth players. A couple examples who come to mind are Lippi and Ranieri, who are both prefering older players to youth. Lippi for instance hasn't added any youth into the Italian set-up despite having a large crop of young talented players like Balotelli,G.Rossi,Giovinco. Instead he has opted for Gilardinho??? While Capello on the other hand is being hailed as a savior for Introducing Walcot to the International arena. The only Italian Manager that comes to mind which can be adequetely compared to Ancelotti in terms of squad and the curse of replacing old idols with youth is Roberto Mancini, Who did not hesitate to introduce young players to replace the old gaurd. Despite all the critisism he has revcieved one thing that he did for Inter is replace the old Gaurd with youth. Vieri,Toldo, Favali, Materazzi, were all eithier offloaded or benched to accomodate for the youthful players. Not many managers in Italy would have had the balls to throw out Vieri(an Inter Legend) to make room for Adriano, bench Toldo for Cesar, And even rearange J.Zanetti's position at RB to introduce Maicon. He even DEPENDED on Balottleli over strikers like Crespo and Suazo. Ancelotti on the other hand, hasn't intoduced anyone. I dont understand how a player like Gourcoff was able to dictate Frances attack (and recieve man of the match ovation) against Serbia but was barely used under Ancelotti??? Last edited by Kerlz; 13-09-2008 at 22:30. Reason: grammer |
|
|
|
|
|
#45 | ||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
![]() |
Quote:
Quote:
Last edited by Mystik; 13-09-2008 at 23:01. |
||
|
|
|
| Tags |
| calcio, mercato, transfers |
|
|