AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-09-2008, 11:16   #76

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Oh I missed something !!

About a change of coach (I hope that Ancelotti will stay), why everybody says that it can only be Donadoni or Rijkaard ??

Do you remember last year, Juande Ramos left Sevilla for Tottenham if I remember whereas the season was started and his contract not over ... so if Milan fires Ancelotti, if the club wants Spalleti or any other coach who is already on a bench, they can have him, of course if he wants to come and if the club is ready to pay !!
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 11:49   #77

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I thought that 7.5 was a rating for a good (or almost great) mercato ??
So funny to see how you kid on forward now that we lost 2 games ...
You are right about my ratings....they were high because they were high profile signings. BUT I think I mentioned on NUMEROUS occasions that we didn't get WHAT WE NEEDED. In all fairness how could I rate the signings of Zambrotta, Flamini and Ronaldinho lowly??

I said "in the event that the Brazilian magic clicked we would be ok but we could flop terribly". Don't just pick some of my words that support your agenda
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 00:21   #78

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Oh I missed something !!

About a change of coach (I hope that Ancelotti will stay), why everybody says that it can only be Donadoni or Rijkaard ??

Do you remember last year, Juande Ramos left Sevilla for Tottenham if I remember whereas the season was started and his contract not over ... so if Milan fires Ancelotti, if the club wants Spalleti or any other coach who is already on a bench, they can have him, of course if he wants to come and if the club is ready to pay !!

I think you just answered your own question here. Keep in mind that we only had a 5 million euros transfer budget in a summer that we desperately needed to rebuild our team. Do you really think this club would be willing to pay for a coach? I think not.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 00:44   #79

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
i would give you rep points but I dont know how. If someone knows how please give this man rep points Im my name, thanx.

You are right, if Berlusconi bought 3 players Carlo asked ( Adebayor, Boruc and Mexes/Zapata ), we would have looked different.

But we got dinho, Senderos and Abbiatti ( who looks ok so far, even really good I would say).

As much as we miss some tipes of palyers in this squad, to play like THIs is not possible! This is football for serie B!

Milan needs a new coach right now to shake things up, and new and young/fast players, mostly one central midfielder as we have NONE! We are a team withoiut normal CM player.

Thanks for the love, man! Glad to hear that someone can still think straight.

Personally, I have looked beyond the who and how many players the club is bringing in or not bringing in in the mercato. The most important thing, is doing the right thing the right way. That means, the club has to bring in the RIGHT players instead of just somebody. If you want to cook steak, don't buy lobsters. Ronaldinho, Zambrotta and Shevchenko are nice players, but they are not right for this team. They are not what we need. It's like me handing you a glass of water when you are starving to death.

Even after 10 new players, we still have the exact same problems we had last season. Our "all star" midfield can create some opportunities, but our strikers can't finish worth a crap; when our attacking line finally scores a goal, we can't hang onto our victory because our defenders can't defend. Abbiatti is a good player but he is no God and we need a Godlike goalkeeper just to erase the mistakes our defenders make on a regular basis. To me, our mercato definitely added more starpower to our team but did not solve any of the problems we had. We didn't do things the right way and we didn't bring in the right players. But I guess that should be expected when you only go shopping for bargains.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 03:17   #80

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Well, I would have rate the summer at 8 even with Sheva and Sanderous at the end.
However, I read somewhere on a Chinese Website that Milan only spent about 5M all together this summer after putting the transfer fee out into account. It got me thinking, if spending 5M in the transfer season is already too much for a team like us, thats really really sad.
Yes, i know those are not my money, and we are not in CL..... but would it really hurt that much to spend 10M more, as that would be enough to get Zapata instead of Sanderous????

TO be honest, I was happy about the summer until I found that out.

I do not have time at the moment, but I am sure a lot of teams that are not in the CL spent more than 5M over the past summer to reinforce the squad.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 03:23   #81

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I don;t think R80 is a flop, but I do think Sheva is a huge flop.
And Sanderous, is really no better than guys like Bonera or Kaladze, but he does give us more power in the air.

I really don't know the reason behind playing Favalli at Genoa, as there were at least three options better.
1. Flamini
2. Janku, okay maybe he was hurt
3. Antonini

What goes on Carlo's mind is beyond me, but the question I am asking is, did Berlu instructed Carlo to play Favalli like he did with THE THREE GOLDERN BALLERS?
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 05:35   #82

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Gazzette dello Sport were reporting we'll battle Inter for Thiago Silva, but then later on they realised we already have 2 non-eu players in our squad so there's not much chance of us getting the defender. Not sure if we could loan one of the Uruguayans and bring the Brazilian in.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 06:20   #83

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
If we were to get Thiago Silva I think it would make sense to loan out Viudez, assuming Nesta is still injured in January.

Should Nesta be fit, I can imagine Silva would be allowed to stay in Brazil for the rest of the season and come in to replace Maldini in the squad next summer.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 07:06   #84

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
For3ward- both goals are not "partially" MAldini's fault, they are 100% MAldini's fault. In first goal the players run over him, in the 2nd he was made looking like a junior player. He shouldnt do that to himself.

Kaka' in injured, you cant have grint on your face when you cant run. Try yourself and you'll see. Pirlo is the one that is not motivated, and favalli showed he cANT play against Genova! he is useless, a clown. But probably a very good friend of Carlo Ancelotti.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People, we are a club that used non EU space on $HEVCHENKO, and that says it all. No serious managment with clear plan on how to make a squad better do that. It was pure subjective pleasure/business from Berlusconi. And we ook like clowns. That is it, no more to that.

Thiago Silva is free in junuary, and we cant buy him as we have super-$heva. Real club would pay for normal forward and got Silva for free. Not us, we are a "family".
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 07:17   #85

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
To me, our mercato definitely added more starpower to our team but did not solve any of the problems we had. We didn't do things the right way and we didn't bring in the right players. But I guess that should be expected when you only go shopping for bargains.
Milan did a good thing buying Ronaldinho, he is a great player but he needs a great coach to work with him.

milan missed on Corluka simplay becouse they didnt listen to Naletilic ( Milan's consulant for Balkan players ) two year ago, and becouse Galliani didnt work properly this summer to lure him away to Milan and not to tottenham instead. He is a player that can play as RB and CB, and hes absolute class ( aldough had poor first game for Tottenhma, that doesnt matter, he has showed even against England 1:4, that he cant be passed ).

We missed on Thiago Silva as free palyer in january, we missed on Boruc for 10 mln!

We spend onr two non-eu places on Viudez and Sheva!1 that is S T U P I D !

Corluka ( 9 ), Thiago Silva ( january), Boruc ( 10 ), Zambro ( 10 )Dinho ( 20 ), Flamini (0), Cigarini... If Milan cant pay for that ( with selling Oliveira and Gila...for around 25 mln ), then things are simply out of control.

coach got what he didnt want, he was a coward and didnt stood up to Silvio...and we are where we are. Things go that way - you work right or you fail. We failed.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 07:36   #86

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Milan did a good thing buying Ronaldinho, he is a great player but he needs a great coach to work with him.

milan missed on Corluka simplay becouse they didnt listen to Naletilic ( Milan's consulant for Balkan players ) two year ago, and becouse Galliani didnt work properly this summer to lure him away to Milan and not to tottenham instead. He is a player that can play as RB and CB, and hes absolute class ( aldough had poor first game for Tottenhma, that doesnt matter, he has showed even against England 1:4, that he cant be passed ).

We missed on Thiago Silva as free palyer in january, we missed on Boruc for 10 mln!

We spend onr two non-eu places on Viudez and Sheva!1 that is S T U P I D !

Corluka ( 9 ), Thiago Silva ( january), Boruc ( 10 ), Zambro ( 10 )Dinho ( 20 ), Flamini (0), Cigarini... If Milan cant pay for that ( with selling Oliveira and Gila...for around 25 mln ), then things are simply out of control.

coach got what he didnt want, he was a coward and didnt stood up to Silvio...and we are where we are. Things go that way - you work right or you fail. We failed.
Marko you should definitely stop calling carlo a coward, his doing job, his a coach,

You dont go around saying no to an EGO as Silvios, the moment you say No, you are fired, simple as that. And I dont blame carlo for trying to keep himself employed.

Morinho stood up to Roman, got fired.and we all know Mou`s record with Chelsea. Capello tried,got fired(after winning the title)....Camacho benched Raul in Real, got fired the literally the next day.

I could think of only two examples who you could say in a way have their say in management, Wenger and Ferguson. The first doesnt have a director of Silvios ego, he has a board and we all know how much better boad functions than one person(president).Ferguson works with two Americans who are there simply for profit, they even dont know who plays for them.

Wenger made Arsenal....Milan was by Silvio(not the only one,but the most important president)

Its different with berlu, his attached to the club emotionally(or at least used to). His a prime minister of a huge country, and he still finds time to come a watch every important game. His involved in the club, and he wants it his way.

Sachi didnt get the dutch trio, Silvio got them. Capello didnt go after Massaro,savicevic,Boban etc. Silvio got them.

We were lucky to have such coaches that won titles regardless of who they had in their team.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 08:11   #87

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I may be wrong but Thiago Silva is not free in January ... it's just that Brazilian clubs prefer to sell their players in January instead of July/August because their championship ends in December if I remember !!

So it seems like his club is ok to sell him in January, but not for free.

Like I said, I may be wrong, but it's the way I feel this operation ... and please, explain me:

Viudez
Cardaccio
Sheva

3 Non-EU players ??

EDIT: Kastriot, you can't compare English clubs and other countries because in England, coaches are also managers, if you go in France or Italy, coaches are coaches, nothing more, except in several clubs, but it has to be written in the contract ...

Last edited by GeoTav; 17-09-2008 at 08:16.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 08:25   #88

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I may be wrong but Thiago Silva is not free in January ... it's just that Brazilian clubs prefer to sell their players in January instead of July/August because their championship ends in December if I remember !!

So it seems like his club is ok to sell him in January, but not for free.

Like I said, I may be wrong, but it's the way I feel this operation ... and please, explain me:

Viudez
Cardaccio
Sheva

3 Non-EU players ??

Cardaccio has an EU passport.
Russo-Neri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 08:27   #89

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I may be wrong but Thiago Silva is not free in January ... it's just that Brazilian clubs prefer to sell their players in January instead of July/August because their championship ends in December if I remember !!

So it seems like his club is ok to sell him in January, but not for free.

Like I said, I may be wrong, but it's the way I feel this operation ... and please, explain me:

Viudez
Cardaccio
Sheva

3 Non-EU players ??

EDIT: Kastriot, you can't compare English clubs and other countries because in England, coaches are also managers, if you go in France or Italy, coaches are coaches, nothing more, except in several clubs, but it has to be written in the contract ...
Cardaccio has a EU passport.

That was my point, When u are coach-manager u get to have say in transfer policy,ex Wenger decides how much will players get from a new contract. I doubt Carlo would dare to get involved in contract extension.

When u are a coach, you only coach. Thats it.Carlo in several occasion publicly asked for some players, and also said he doesnt want some other players. He ended up exactly with the ones he didnt like.

So according to Marko he should stand up and fight the system. But the only thing he could do is quit. He cant say i`m streaking cuz you didnt get the players i want. You dont have that option.

Either you coach with the players you have, or u quit. And i dont blame him for not quitting.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 09:06   #90

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
@mrki
first, misspelling my nickname is just plain mean... Second, you can dislike Maldini all you want but the goal was a mistake of a Central Back + Left Back... I am not even saying that Central Defenders MUST back each other up..

Kaka after the friendly already said he felt no more pain. And that was before Genoa game. I respect him a lot, but against Genoa he was one of the worst players, worse than Ronaldinho if you ask me.
Pirlo on the other hand was trying to make the best out of situation on the field, - no unnecessary ball loses, no diving..

And regarding Sheva - I pray the day he starts scoring comes faster, so we can come back to this conversation again.
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
calcio, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.