AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-2008, 13:22   #121

kakacmilan best

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2008
kakacmilan best is on a distinguished road
Aguero going to be no'1 player in world!!!
kakacmilan best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 16:35   #122

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakacmilan best View Post
Aguero going to be no'1 player in world!!!
And he will get to do that wearing an Inter shirt instead of ours. But it's all good because otherwise we wouldn't be able to hear Galliani's comments about how we could have signed him if we wanted to but Shevchenko really wanted to come back. We didn't sign him not because of money but because we wanted to be a family.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 17:27   #123

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
And he will get to do that wearing an Inter shirt instead of ours. But it's all good because otherwise we wouldn't be able to hear Galliani's comments about how we could have signed him if we wanted to but Shevchenko really wanted to come back. We didn't sign him not because of money but because we wanted to be a family.
Well I have a feeling that Inzaghi may be on his way to retirement, so don't rule it out. There could be space for another striker... and Shevchenko would be more in a secondary role...

Aguero is a possibility. I don't think he'll go for Inter though...
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 17:45   #124

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Well I have a feeling that Inzaghi may be on his way to retirement, so don't rule it out. There could be space for another striker... and Shevchenko would be more in a secondary role...

Aguero is a possibility. I don't think he'll go for Inter though...
Well there's not a whole lot in our favour of getting Aguero over Inter's having him. Aguero is Argentine (making him an instant Inter target ), is potentially Maradonna's son-in-law - who in turn will duly recommend him to inter and Milan not only has a large, proliferating Brazilian contingent, but we have only signed two Argentine players in the last six years (Coloccini, Grimi and Redondo)

As much as I like Aguero and I think he's the best in the world atm, it won't be the end of the world if we don't get him. If we get Benzema, who may be a better complement to Pato, we could be all set.
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 17:50   #125

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Well there's not a whole lot in our favour of getting Aguero over Inter's having him. Aguero is Argentine (making him an instant Inter target ), is potentially Maradonna's son-in-law - who in turn will duly recommend him to inter and Milan not only has a large, proliferating Brazilian contingent, but we have only signed two Argentine players in the last six years (Coloccini, Grimi and Redondo)

As much as I like Aguero and I think he's the best in the world atm, it won't be the end of the world if we don't get him. If we get Benzema, who may be a better complement to Pato, we could be all set.
I think this may indeed change... I have confidence. But it may turn out that Atletico may not want to let him go either way... and after Atletico let Torres go... I don't think they'll want to let yet another one of their strikers go. They did a smart signing by the way with regards to Sinama-Pongolle... who scored a double today. Three goals to him so far this season...

Benzema is a punk. And anyone who can look at that one game he played against Fiorentina... I really can't stand the guy. What did Benzema do to Zauri? Why was he allowed to even stay on the field?
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 18:04   #126

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Errr Benzema didn't touch Zauri. It was #14 who ran into him. The Piquionne guy was a real (insert appropriate word here) because he SAW Zauri on the ground, actually pointed at him..then when he saw nobody noticed and he was in a goal scoring position he ran ahead and scored. When I watched the replays it didn't even look like Benzema noticed Zauri on the ground.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 18:22   #127

Alban.3

Registered User
 
Alban.3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Prishtina
Fave Players: P.Maldini, Sheva, Nesta.
Alban.3 is on a distinguished road
we need Zapata or Felipe of udinese for defence for now we don't need midfielders or strikers just defenders.
Alban.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 18:39   #128

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
He is Agueros Hero and possible future father in law. Thats a good start.

god if inter gets aguero ill make dru's quaresma anger look like some high school kids on ecstacy

On the scouting benzema front? Thats nice... but my gut tells me we're checking out gilardino to rebuy him for twice the rate :-( (JK.. i hope)
__________________
Milano84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 18:42   #129

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I think this may indeed change... I have confidence. But it may turn out that Atletico may not want to let him go either way... and after Atletico let Torres go... I don't think they'll want to let yet another one of their strikers go. They did a smart signing by the way with regards to Sinama-Pongolle... who scored a double today. Three goals to him so far this season...

Benzema is a punk. And anyone who can look at that one game he played against Fiorentina... I really can't stand the guy. What did Benzema do to Zauri? Why was he allowed to even stay on the field?
he'll eventually leave atetico... they just arent big enough. I fear itll be to epl though, they'll pay big money

I didnt see lyon-fiorentina game, what happened w/ benzema? He's always seemed classy before. BTW dru's point benzema being a better compliment may be true, but aguero is just magic, he's barely 20. I can only imagine how good he'll get.
__________________
Milano84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 20:17   #130

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
he'll eventually leave atetico... they just arent big enough. I fear itll be to epl though, they'll pay big money

I didnt see lyon-fiorentina game, what happened w/ benzema? He's always seemed classy before. BTW dru's point benzema being a better compliment may be true, but aguero is just magic, he's barely 20. I can only imagine how good he'll get.
This is rather poor logic. If Atletico make it big, and go far in the CL, they will become big, and right now they are flying. Atletico is not a small club by any means. They made numerous high level transfers the previous transfer season (actually the past few transfer seasons). Pongolle was one of them. They are a team on the up... and they are in the top 4 in Spain easily. They tied up their rather shaky defense from last season with Ujfalusi (we should have got him!) and Heitinga (!!! Capped 42 times by his national team)... this is a team on the rise. Outside of Italy, they are my favorite team. If the EPL is so big, why did Spanish teams get so many players from England this transfer season?

If anything English teams on a whole had a rather poor transfer season...

Benzema? I can think of several players better than him. I'll pass.

And no, we're not going to rebuy Gilardino... he simply didn't cut it. He's a midtable striker... Borriello may turn out to be very different (because of his stronger physique).

Last edited by Giancarlo; 20-09-2008 at 20:22.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 20:58   #131

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I think this may indeed change... I have confidence. But it may turn out that Atletico may not want to let him go either way... and after Atletico let Torres go... I don't think they'll want to let yet another one of their strikers go. They did a smart signing by the way with regards to Sinama-Pongolle... who scored a double today. Three goals to him so far this season...

Benzema is a punk. And anyone who can look at that one game he played against Fiorentina... I really can't stand the guy. What did Benzema do to Zauri? Why was he allowed to even stay on the field?
The problem is PRInter and Liverpoop are waaay bigger clubs than Athletico.....someday Aguero's ambitions will have outgrown the club

I don't like Benzema either.I think he's way overrated. (I think I've somehow inherited Carlo's disdain for French players somehow ) BUT his pairing with Pato is more balanced than Aguero-Pato (unless of course they turn out to be like Bebeto-Romario )
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 21:11   #132

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
This is rather poor logic. If Atletico make it big, and go far in the CL, they will become big, and right now they are flying. Atletico is not a small club by any means. They made numerous high level transfers the previous transfer season (actually the past few transfer seasons). Pongolle was one of them. They are a team on the up... and they are in the top 4 in Spain easily. They tied up their rather shaky defense from last season with Ujfalusi (we should have got him!) and Heitinga (!!! Capped 42 times by his national team)... this is a team on the rise. Outside of Italy, they are my favorite team. If the EPL is so big, why did Spanish teams get so many players from England this transfer season?

If anything English teams on a whole had a rather poor transfer season...

Benzema? I can think of several players better than him. I'll pass.

And no, we're not going to rebuy Gilardino... he simply didn't cut it. He's a midtable striker... Borriello may turn out to be very different (because of his stronger physique).
Athletico are NOT a small club but realistically speaking they are just a good club and unless they somehow get a huge injection of ca$h a la Abramovic/rich arab guys it's unlikely that they'll be running neck and neck with the likes of Real, Barca, Milan, Inter, Juve and England's top four. They are what Roma is to the SerieA. A great club that might win the odd title or two but not a genuine heavyweight.

To me Benzema is perhaps the second best striking talent in the world. It's not a good idea to say things like "I can think of several players better than him" . You have no basis for that. You did it with Quaresma despite him being rated as one of the best wingers in the world, now he's growing from strength to strength with Jose- who FOUGHT his new boss to get, mind you.

Finally rebuying Gilardino will be one of the most monumentally stupid moves ever in the history of the transfer market.....but we've already done worse in re-buying $heva and Borriello himself so that's why some fear it
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 23:22   #133

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Athletico are NOT a small club but realistically speaking they are just a good club and unless they somehow get a huge injection of ca$h a la Abramovic/rich arab guys it's unlikely that they'll be running neck and neck with the likes of Real, Barca, Milan, Inter, Juve and England's top four. They are what Roma is to the SerieA. A great club that might win the odd title or two but not a genuine heavyweight.

To me Benzema is perhaps the second best striking talent in the world. It's not a good idea to say things like "I can think of several players better than him" . You have no basis for that. You did it with Quaresma despite him being rated as one of the best wingers in the world, now he's growing from strength to strength with Jose- who FOUGHT his new boss to get, mind you.

Finally rebuying Gilardino will be one of the most monumentally stupid moves ever in the history of the transfer market.....but we've already done worse in re-buying $heva and Borriello himself so that's why some fear it
Ancelotti seems to like Flamini... say is Flamini Italian descended? LOL. I don't think he has a complete disdain, but he like me... are not very fond of most French players. It may be more because of a rivalry Italy and France has. Though I'm willing to overlook this and say that Flamini was perhaps our best transfer of the season.

Atletico is not a feeder club or a small club. They'll have a rich owner. And they have an excellent Mexican coach too, Aguirre... they are a great team with superb world class players in every level... whether it be in the defense, midfield and certainly in the attack. They are not going to be letting go of players easily. I think we have another Porto like team on the rise (potential of winning the CL).

Benzema is vastly overrated. It's wrong to say he's the best. I have plenty of basis for that. There are many strikers better than him out there. Quaresma as I said is overrated and I have a huge basis for saying that. You rate him so highly, I think you're putting out many exaggerations.

You're out of line to say that Borriello won't be good. He's a great striker and he's already showing good signs of having a solid season. It was a smart thing to buy him back... he's far different than Gilardino. And we never re-bought Shevchenko according to Lega-Calcio.it. Shevchenko came back on LOAN! I have a feeling he'll be back on loan until his contract expires at Chelsea (like with Crespo!).

As usual, I agree with just about NOTHING you say.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 23:34   #134

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Atletico is not a feeder club or a small club. They'll have a rich owner. And they have an excellent Mexican coach too, Aguirre... they are a great team with superb world class players in every level... whether it be in the defense, midfield and certainly in the attack. They are not going to be letting go of players easily. I think we have another Porto like team on the rise (potential of winning the CL).
didnt that same porto club sell there best players eventually.???

I'd agree w/ you aguero isnt going anywhere for a couple years, but i think eventually, he'll outgrow atletico. He isnt spanish or from madrid, he has no real loyalty to be an atletico player till he dies. I think its fair to assume at some point he'll move to an inter/ac milan/chelsea/barca...a bigger club that can give him huge salary, and say larger ambitions than atletico... I liked dru's roma analogy... and thats nothing to be ashamed of. They build the correct way.


I'd love them to win CL though... anyone but chelsea, manutd, liverpool, real madrid, inter.... peticularly chelsea, i dont like message money can buy success. On that note, I'm rooting Atletico on. The thought of chelsea hoisting the trophy sickens me.
__________________
Milano84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 23:46   #135

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
I'd agree w/ you aguero isnt going anywhere for a couple years, but i think eventually, he'll outgrow atletico. He isnt spanish or from madrid, he has no real loyalty to be an atletico player till he dies. I think its fair to assume at some point he'll move to an inter/ac milan/chelsea/barca...a bigger club that can give him huge salary, and say larger ambitions than atletico... I liked dru's roma analogy... and thats nothing to be ashamed of. They build the correct way.
Maybe, but Atletico has a lot of money behind it and can get players easily from elsewhere... and they usually do. We shall see. I think that Atletico has big ambitions itself.

Quote:
I'd love them to win CL though... anyone but chelsea, manutd, liverpool, real madrid, inter.... peticularly chelsea, i dont like message money can buy success. On that note, I'm rooting Atletico on. The thought of chelsea hoisting the trophy sickens me.
Atletico has always been my favorite team outside of Italy...
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
calcio, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:50.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.