AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2008, 17:02   #241

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Oh no I wasn't talking about his quality. I was talking about his arm which is swollen once more.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 17:14   #242

ginoformaggino

Registered User
 
ginoformaggino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: padova
ginoformaggino is on a distinguished road
I have to say I am happy at the end of Lazio match. Moderatly happy. Carlo has to field his team.
The new players are like a coin: with 2 faces. Abbiati was not the only responsible of the goal, but he must cover his wood , come on, you are not Dida, come on, use your feet next time! Great his save on Pandev , anyway. Zambrotta, great 1 half especially in the offensive phase, but terribly uncertain when he has to defend. There was his penalty fault on Mauri .
Borriello has 'the eyes of the tiger', as Velasco said times ago. I like his sacrifice for the team, his running toward our box in order to steal the ball to Mauri was a perfect example of work of team. Wow, a real fighter. Pato is a duck still, you know, a back heel, a shot from the left side outside the box, and finally the angel fly to anticipate Rosenhal and Carrizo. But he will be a swan, maybe not from Utrecht but good anyway. Talking about Lazio goal, first I have to say Zarate is better now than when he played en el Fortin. Then, Janku (he played well after, imo) miss the position permitting to Zarate to be on-side. Then Kala and Abbiati complete the masterpiece.
R80 is a distressing player, now. We have to hope he improves his physical condition.
Our problem is not up front: the silence over Senderos is the better option, knowing the reason of his injury: he didn't say anything to the medical and technical staff about his injured foot before to play Lugano friendly. So, he's a swiss stupid boy, right?! Or is it another fanciful board reconstruction in order to cover up his previous physical situation?


always forza MILAN

Last edited by ginoformaggino; 21-09-2008 at 17:21.
ginoformaggino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 17:21   #243

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
I'm extremely happy. And we played electric football. Abbiati was not responsible for the goal, rather it was poor marking by Kaladze. Abbiati produced a number of fine saves, including a wonder save in the 77th minute. Abbiati is a solid keeper, but he needs to sharpen up a little. Other than that, I thought he was quite good.

Borriello was superb, as was Pato... but Kaka was absolutely electric... Our front line was absolutely stunning. It completely crucified Lazio's backline. Maldini marked Zarate extremely well in the second half... as I think he was ordered to by Ancelotti. Solid performance by our defenders, besides Kaladze. Kaladze will be replaced by Senderos... I hope better for Kaladze, but I'm not confident.

Zarate was locked up in the 2nd half.

I'm glad with this match and my confidence is coming back in this team. Thanks for the electrifying (I love this word) match, MILAN!

FORZA MILAN! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAYERS !!!
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 17:23   #244

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Please dont kid yourselves.. It was a good win but the performance was far from a perfect one. Kaka was amazing today, and so was his goal..Zambrotta wasn't great but he had a good goal.

We have some MAJOR problems in our defence, Kaladze in particular. They are not confident in themselves and they are always losing the ball..did you guys see how Zarate owned him a few times?

And what the f is up Carlo with bringing on Emerson for Seedorf? Why not Cardacio? Whats up with this DM fetish? and why did Sheva not get a run in this game? A goal for him would have been great for his confidence.

again, Good win by Milan but don't kid yourselves and think those beautiful goals mean it was a beautiful performance. Good thing is we are improving.
Some people always find something to complain about. ZAmbrotta was excellent and he did very well. Maldini covered for Kaladze... though Maldini's older, he stopped Zarate well in the 2nd half.

Emerson needs playing time too... we needed to lock up the game and not take any chances.

Don't kid ourselves? Yo udon't kid yourself. Some of you people are just full of sour grapes.

This was a beautiful performance! And no naysayer will tell me other wise... if it wasn't for Carrizo... we would have been 6-1 up... if Ballotta was still playing for Lazio... lol... seriously, Milan created many chances and would have scored even more if it wasn't for the relatively good goalkeeping of Carrizo (who I always respected!). Carrizo was badly let down by that one 35 year old Lazio defender and the entire backline.

As I said, the defense needs work, but Maldini did well for those old legs. Our team is now electric and attack minded... beautiful flowing attack! And of course... FORZA MALDINI! FORZA MILAN!

FORZA BORRIELLO! The one I always defended, even when people insulted me and said it was a mistake bringing him back! Down with those who argued with me!

Last edited by Giancarlo; 21-09-2008 at 17:35.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 18:32   #245

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Hitmannq8 says Kaladze was not good you say "Maldini covered for Kaladze..." Which means - Kaladze was not good, so Maldini covered for him...which means - KALADZE WAS NOT GOOD.

The man abouve you Giancarlo is right when talking about insecurity in our defence. Its just an objective thing we could still see in Milan's game.

We have made improvements, mostly in bringing in team spirit and finnally fighting. Which is something that should be normal and we shouldnt be celebrating that!!!!!

Our defence will look much better, of course, when Nesta and Senderos pair up. But that will take some time...untill then lets just hope Kaladze get fitter as he is a CB that is extremly dependent on his fitness level.

Emerson sub was a joke, becouse Cardaccio is a better player then Emerson. And Cardaccio also needs playing time.

The rest was MUCH better. And good thing is that Dinho is on the bench - noone should play untill is fit! Noone.

Great game overall, now we can relax as our next team in Reggina. We need to rest key players for Derby.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 18:37   #246

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Hitmannq8 says Kaladze was not good you say "Maldini covered for Kaladze..." Which means - Kaladze was not good, so Maldini covered for him...which means - KALADZE WAS NOT GOOD.
Kaladze, I said myself, was not good. He was decent. But I think we need something better. I said this myself. I want to see a new defender come into Milan... maybe if Senderos can get back into shape and form... but I hope that Kaladze continues to improve (and this game was an improvement)... was it a big enough improvement? Not enough... but I think Kaladze will get back to where he should be.

Quote:
The man abouve you Giancarlo is right when talking about insecurity in our defence. Its just an objective thing we could still see in Milan's game.
Other than Kaladze whose performance was average, I thought our defense was very solid and I thought Maldini played very well.

Quote:
We have made improvements, mostly in bringing in team spirit and finnally fighting. Which is something that should be normal and we shouldnt be celebrating that!!!!!
That I agree with you 250%.

Quote:
Emerson sub was a joke, becouse Cardaccio is a better player then Emerson. And Cardaccio also needs playing time.
I fully recognize that. And I'd like to see Emerson leave just like Brocchi would (Brocchi was bad today lol). At least Favalli did not play, and at least we played many of our attacking options. For example, Pato subbed for Ronaldinho...

And I'm going to say this right now. Our team has huge amounts of depth... there are so many options. I'm glad Ancelotti has selection headaches... better than having not enough players and being forced to rely on players like Brocchi (ciao), and Favalli. Ancelotti has finally figured the 4-3-1-2 is best... and has realized a way to shuffle the players appropriately (besides Emerson, all the other subs were good.

Quote:
The rest was MUCH better. And good thing is that Dinho is on the bench - noone should play untill is fit! Noone.
I thought Ronaldinho played pretty well when he got out there and he should have really scored. He needs fine tuning... but he's on his way.

Quote:
Great game overall, now we can relax as our next team in Reggina. We need to rest key players for Derby.
I almost forget... that's this wednesday right? It'll be a good time to test out Cardacio, and the other players... but we must play to win. Maybe that's why Flamini was rested most of the game today.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 21-09-2008 at 18:39.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 18:42   #247

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Froza Milan and congrats to ALL
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 18:51   #248

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
I see people here saying that Kaladze is at fault for the first goal. Which is unfair and plain wrong!! Why??

When you see the goal once again, you`ll see we conceded from counterattack coming from play after we took a corner, Which means that Kaladze,Maldini, were in the opponents box trying to score for a corner. the players that needed to cover were Zambro,Janku and Rinho(by the way great tonight) taking in consideration that zarate-pandev-mauri were in our hallf waiting for a counter. And the said thing is that our trio left them open.
And that lead a goal where Abbiati should have closed down the first post. It was really hard to catch, but Abbiati wasn't positioned right.

So please stop blaiming Kala, he tried to catch up zarate, but he failed to do so. But wasnt his responsibility, he just was trying to undo the initial mistake of our responsible players when we take corners.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati

Last edited by kastriot; 21-09-2008 at 18:54.
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 18:54   #249

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Well I did think Kaladze played with some heart today... despite whether we think he was at fault for that.

It wasn't Abbiati's fault though.

Either way, this was a great performance from our team... electrifying I say... don't want to overuse that word.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 19:03   #250

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post

Emerson sub was a joke, becouse Cardaccio is a better player then Emerson. And Cardaccio also needs playing time.
I dont know that cardaccio is better than emerson, we havent seen him play that much, he's not peticularly well known. What i have seen he seems promising enough, but i wanna see more before i dub him amazing....Its not like we have hernanes or some other south american player who is highly regarded...
that being said I still think cardaccio should have played. We were up 3 w/ 15 left, give him a run... he cant be that bad. It makes me wonder though, if carlo wont even run him out in hese situations, he clearly doesnt think highly of him now. Either he' not good, or carlo's not a good coach... or he's injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Great game overall, now we can relax as our next team in Reggina. We need to rest key players for Derby.
I disagree. Go for the neck of reggina, get result and sub out kaka, and key players before 60th when we're up. We cant afford to drop more points to teams we should handle...
__________________
Milano84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 19:05   #251

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Well I did think Kaladze played with some heart today... despite whether we think he was at fault for that.

i just dont think kaladze/maldini is best combo together.... paolo is slow. And kala isnt best guy to have as last line of defense chasing counters.... too mistake prone. This is why kala and nesta work well though. Kala pushes out more and challenges, nesta is last line of defense setting it all up, and still has pace to get back on a counter
__________________
Milano84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 19:18   #252

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i just dont think kaladze/maldini is best combo together.... paolo is slow. And kala isnt best guy to have as last line of defense chasing counters.... too mistake prone. This is why kala and nesta work well though. Kala pushes out more and challenges, nesta is last line of defense setting it all up, and still has pace to get back on a counter
Totally agree.
But this also mean we are doomed until Nesta is back, cuz Senderos is slower than both Paolo and Kala. That leaves us with just Bonera who has some decent pace.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 19:19   #253

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i just dont think kaladze/maldini is best combo together.... paolo is slow. And kala isnt best guy to have as last line of defense chasing counters.... too mistake prone. This is why kala and nesta work well though. Kala pushes out more and challenges, nesta is last line of defense setting it all up, and still has pace to get back on a counter
I don't think it is either, but frankly with Nesta and Senderos out it's all we have right now. Paolo was effective today. And Kaladze did okay... average... of course I want more than average.

Can you guys ever focus on the positive of this match? Kaladze is a bit reckless I agree... if he has Nesta he can be an asset.

I still thought the defense did fine today... despite still having a few issues. It's improving. But the biggest story today was our attack...

We are NOT doomed if Nesta does not come back. I think the defense has what it takes to do fine... if anything play Darmian who was not available today. But doomed? LOL. How are we doomed? Our midfield and attackers held up the ball very well today.

I think our defense by the way is a lot better than Juve's or Roma's... and frankly don't be making statements about Senderos just about now. We don't know how he will do in Milan. If he doesn't do well, ciao. We had him on a season long loan. He'll go back to Arsenal.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 21-09-2008 at 19:23.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 19:26   #254

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
to be honest i was VERY impressed by gattuso today, despite giving the ball away a bit (which is a given for him) he had an extra burst in his step i havent seen since 2006 world cup. I was mad flamini didnt start but rino proved me wrong. I think the flamini, ambro, gattuso rotation for 2 spots will leave the fit all year :-D

Ialso think, movement like this along flanks (janku, zambro) and uptop, and pirlo will return to form when he comes back, When milan moves the yr damn hard to beat. Its stupid small clubs that sit 10 behind the ball and play destructive, that r hard for us to beat (hopefully borriellos physicality in box can help, bang in goals and open games up), but on top of it, its just boring......
__________________
Milano84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 19:35   #255

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
I didnt watch the match due to my job, so Carlo did start with Kaka - Pato and Marco. Good boy Carlo !
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
lazio


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.