AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2008, 04:46   #271

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Great game. Now we must focus on the game against Reggina, not the derby
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 05:33   #272

jovola

Registered User
 
jovola's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Fave Players: Pippo
jovola is on a distinguished road
You are too sharp with the defense, we played attacking football with our central defenders having to work much harder than they would in some other team. Both side backs were upfront and took much part in offensive actions so I'd say one goal in our net is ok considering that. It seems that Jankulovski is crucial man for our attacking ability as he is the one that opens the opponent defense and gives space to our deadly attackers, also Rino was everywhere and I have a feeling that his energy influneced our mentality on the pitch, he kept the others awake. It was a great night and a night of a relief Let's just support these guys I believe they can do wonderful things.
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."George Best"
jovola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 07:10   #273

MLM

Registered User
 
MLM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Location: J-Town
Fave Players: Grande Capitano
MLM is on a distinguished road
Great result by Milan and also great game too appareantly as I couldn't watch the game. It was a brave decision and a smart one from Ancelotti when he dropped R80 in thye bench and started the game from beginning with Ambro, Rino and Seedorf. Put Kaka behind Pato and Boriello. First goal from Seedorf was attractive. Specially when he looked like a bit dancing in penalty box and before he shoot the ball to the net the ball a bit touched Lazio's player. Typically Seedorf that stab from center. Zambrotta's also stunning. I like the way that he run before he decided to shoot the ball from about over 30 metres distance and with a speed for like over 100 km/h ? Superb !! Pato's goal was a nice header and forced Carrizo to took the ball from his net again and it was 2nd good performance by Jankulovski after his great performance against Zurich in UEFA Cup. And without a doubt a beautiful goal from Kaka. Back to his highest level at that game. Inspiring his team mates. And seemed like very danger in many occations. Would like to see the duet between Pato and Boriello more often. Too bad that this perfect scheme couldn't involved R80 as a starter. With Pirlo injured and Flamini's absence seems like this formation is best we can do and surprisingly worked well. Just a little note, our defense specially in the center has to becoming our concern. Just can't wait for Senderos and Nesta to play together. All in love a significant points for Milan. FORZA MILAN
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 08:44   #274

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Great game. Now we must focus on the game against Reggina, not the derby
Agreed, otherwise we'll go into the derby for sure with a seven-point deficit.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 11:56   #275

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor View Post
Whatever. It's a given you wouldn't have this state of mind had Dida played instead, and Zarate's shot wasn't completely unstoppable by any means.


Glad you know that for a fact.
You know... I'm just taking the facts into account. Abbiati may have made a mistake in this game, but he made up for it with a great performance. He's a solid, alert keeper. Zarate's shot, yes, was mostly unstoppable... I don't think even Buffon would have stopped that.

Dida was bad even against Zurich. I saw how he just looked at the ball hit the post and just then went to pick it up. If Zurich had better strikers (like Lazio does)... who knows what the result would be. Dida obviously isn't any good anymore.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 16:20   #276

Faяouk

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Fave Players: Inzaghi and many others who don't fit here!
Faяouk is on a distinguished road
Good game. Let's hope for a win against Reginna and then bring me ****ing merda!
Faяouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 06:47   #277

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Dida is not a GK nay more, he ios a joke. Abbiatti is right now much better keeper then Dida, aldough I think, in fact Im sure, that he should have saved the Lazio goal. It was a shot on the near post, its a thing GK needs to stop.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 08:16   #278

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You know... I'm just taking the facts into account. Abbiati may have made a mistake in this game, but he made up for it with a great performance. He's a solid, alert keeper. Zarate's shot, yes, was mostly unstoppable... I don't think even Buffon would have stopped that.
OMG the shot was not unstoppable by any means and any good GK in the world would have saved that shot, put aside buffon.
Merki I agree with you that Dida is a joke at the moment but I totaly disagree when you say that Abbiatti is better than him, both keepers are useless.
one last thing this defence is the weakest Milan defence i have ever seen in my life, players like Ibrahimovic and Adriano will destroy our back line and our net unless Nesta is back.
hany.Egypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 08:28   #279

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt View Post
OMG the shot was not unstoppable by any means and any good GK in the world would have saved that shot, put aside buffon.
Merki I agree with you that Dida is a joke at the moment but I totaly disagree when you say that Abbiatti is better than him, both keepers are useless.
one last thing this defence is the weakest Milan defence i have ever seen in my life, players like Ibrahimovic and Adriano will destroy our back line and our net unless Nesta is back.
I don't think you have watch any milan matches recently to say that Dida and Abbiati is on the same level.......
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 11:59   #280

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt View Post
OMG the shot was not unstoppable by any means and any good GK in the world would have saved that shot, put aside buffon.
Merki I agree with you that Dida is a joke at the moment but I totaly disagree when you say that Abbiatti is better than him, both keepers are useless.
one last thing this defence is the weakest Milan defence i have ever seen in my life, players like Ibrahimovic and Adriano will destroy our back line and our net unless Nesta is back.
Yes I can say for certain you didn't watch the match. The stop was not stoppable... Abbiati is an excellent goalkeeper. Abbiati is miles ahead of Dida. It has to do with the fact that Abbiati had tremendous saves in that match too, and the fact he's always ALERT. Dida on the other hand just stands there looking at the ball (look at the game against Zurich) At any rate, Abbiati is not useless. Your talk is not really appropriate. Milan's defense is pretty good right now... and improving. I was pleased with how Maldini played and how the 40 year old guy stopped a young Zarate in the second half and basically locked him up.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 23-09-2008 at 12:02.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 12:22   #281

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Yes I can say for certain you didn't watch the match. The stop was not stoppable...
He should have covered his post better. Positioning is key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Your talk is not really appropriate. Milan's defense is pretty good right now... and improving.



In general, yes Dida has lost his confidence and is somewhat of a laughingstock. However, to pick on him even when he is not playing is weird. Let the man be. He was great, but now he is awful. Let's move on.

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 23-09-2008 at 12:28.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 12:29   #282

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
He should have covered his post better. Positioning is key.






In general, yes Dida has lost his confidence and is somewhat of a laughingstock. However, to pick on him even when he is not playing is weird. Let the man be. He was great, but now he is awful. Let's move on.
He played against Zurich and I'm picking on him about that match and how he nearly let a ball just stray on in.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 12:31   #283

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
He played against Zurich and I'm picking on him about that match and how he nearly let a ball just stray on in.
Yes. That's why I wrote "in general"...I wasn't talking about you specifically.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 12:50   #284

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.a...enutoId=878401

Christian Abbiati has not been entirely convincing in goal for the Rossoneri, and another goalkeeping mistake will probably see Zeljko Kalac work his way back between the sticks.-goal.com preview...

granted it's goal.com, and kalac is a STEP DOWN, but abbiati is average. an improvement over last year, but not good enough. I'd still start him though, nless dida turns back the clock
__________________
Milano84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 12:52   #285

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.a...enutoId=878401

Christian Abbiati has not been entirely convincing in goal for the Rossoneri, and another goalkeeping mistake will probably see Zeljko Kalac work his way back between the sticks.-goal.com preview...

granted it's goal.com, and kalac is a STEP DOWN, but abbiati is average. an improvement over last year, but not good enough. I'd still start him though, nless dida turns back the clock
That's a rubbish article I think... one more of their bad previews. Abbiati has been pretty good this season and has made numerous saves, with very few mistakes. He's not average.

I hope Abbiati stays for several more seasons... though I wouldn't be against getting a younger keeper as an understudy.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
lazio


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:23.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.