AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:33   #1396

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo View Post
Filipez
No offence, I don't mean anything bad ( but I would just like to know....have you seen him play?

The reason why I ask this is because I'm sure A LOT of people in this forum never even heard about Mattioni untill a few days ago. But now they'll go and find some video where this guy dribbles past somebody a few times on youtube and then these people will curse at the managment for not signing Mattoini and how Juve is doing such a great job and we are sh!t. After all.....we should go back to the pages of the forum where people are cursing at Berlu and Galliani for not buying Ilsinho, Rafael Sobis and all the other "talents" that the Brazilians overhype and make millions on.

I am not saying that Mattioni is no good as I have personally never seen him play......but we can't go and pay out millions on every hyped up talent. What ticks me off the most is that I can see posters that have never seen him play as well, come here and complain that we didn't buy him and Juve did.

Again, I am not saying that you don't know him....but just wanted to know if you can justify why exactly we should go and pay 7-8 mil Euro for him......and people, please don't tell me that watching a couple of Gremio games makes you say that this guy is worth it. That's not how a mercato works, because to pay 8 mil Euro for a player you will need to scout him for a good few months and perhaps even a whole season. you don't just splash the money because the papers say he is good and because other teams are interested.....so he must be good.

To make this clear....I am pissed at the managment as well as I don't think that this defence can hold up untill the end of the season and we need help, so I'll be super mad if we don't buy anyone. This post was only aimed at the Mattioni case.
No I havent seen the kid play, I only knew he was a big talent and that some european teams were following him. But I dont know how good he excactly is. but thats not the point
The point is is that it looks like we arent even trying to make this team worlds best again. We are signing too many over the hill players who are a total waste of money, + giving big contracts to players who dont give us much on the field (Dida - Inzaghi - Beckham to name a few). We are also wasting money with our 'emotional' actions, Maldini is playing for too long, he shouldve quit football 2 years ago. or last summer. But ok if that really was his wish... i could understand. the return of shevchenko was a joke, everybody knew he was finished and he is showing this now. why the hell did we bring him and viudez to waste our non-eu spots? thats bad management!!
I can go on like this for a while...

When I see juve sign talented players like that, at a good an reasonable age (20), not too young, so he could be an instand hit. I get depressed when I see that the other teams are investing in the future. Napoli, Inter, Juve are potentially better teams than us. we are going down with all these oldies and arent doing sh*t about it. no we're even signing more of them (becks). I want us to act 'logical' again, like a real football team again and not like The Milano state circus.
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:17   #1397

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Nefremo I see your point, but people in here are trying to say different thing.

You are right, people dont waste 7-8 mln on a normal player and buy every hiped player that shows up in Brasil or France et.

But we are not ac Milan scouts. If we were, and we had huge honorars for that like Galliani and Braida, we would most likely work our ass off in scouting. Milan has been bringing players that are BELOW Milan standard, and in huge numbers.

Only player lately that has come as huge potential is Pato. Next to him I support Dinho, Zambrotta and Flamini signings. The rest I dont see as Milan quality.

Still IO claim Carlo destroyed confidence of Yoan ,Oddo and Gila and that is it.

just to let you all know again, I do NOt support a large number of young players in ac Milan. But some balance needs to be made, as this is too much. There are too many injuries and players cant play top tempo football, its clear as clear sky.

Only few RIGHT players are needed, not 10, not 5 super stars. 3 or 4 RIGHT players. But Galliani has been failing lately, and seriousely making Milan unable to play in serie a.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:07   #1398

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Nefremo I see your point, but people in here are trying to say different thing.

You are right, people dont waste 7-8 mln on a normal player and buy every hiped player that shows up in Brasil or France et.

But we are not ac Milan scouts. If we were, and we had huge honorars for that like Galliani and Braida, we would most likely work our ass off in scouting. Milan has been bringing players that are BELOW Milan standard, and in huge numbers.

Only player lately that has come as huge potential is Pato. Next to him I support Dinho, Zambrotta and Flamini signings. The rest I dont see as Milan quality.

Still IO claim Carlo destroyed confidence of Yoan ,Oddo and Gila and that is it.

just to let you all know again, I do NOt support a large number of young players in ac Milan. But some balance needs to be made, as this is too much. There are too many injuries and players cant play top tempo football, its clear as clear sky.

Only few RIGHT players are needed, not 10, not 5 super stars. 3 or 4 RIGHT players. But Galliani has been failing lately, and seriousely making Milan unable to play in serie a.

I also dont want us to become like arsenal, becouse thats not the way you gonna win something. But with these old and over the hill players we also wont win anything.
we need to loose some dead wood, old players who arent capable of playing for milan anymore, + they have high wages!! (Favalli, Emerson, Kaladze, Dida, Maldini, shevchenko, Beckham, Seedorf?)

For that we can already bring brack some players, like gourcuff, Abate, and give Albertazzi and Osuji a chance...
Why dont they get their chance? and why does emerson and favalli play all those games??
And then you can also make some transfers. to start in defence... We already got Thiago Silva, but we need more. Mexes/Santacroce/Alex/Agger... for CD, a wingback, Mattioni?/Rafinha/De Silvestri/Dossena/
A striker, Rossi/Benzema


I'm just naming some players there, but the point is that we are not too far from being a worldclass team again. but we just lack quality at some points, especially in defence. + we need some younger players who are still hungry for succes.
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:20   #1399

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
overall, the worst part of this management is in the mercato. they aren't doing well in signings, and people are wondering why. we did well with Flamini, and not bad with Zambrotta and Dinho at last mercato, but that's all. Viudez and Cardacio are pure circus, Senderos is a great talent but not giving much yet, and don't make me start to discuss Sheva.

i share the same feelings with you guys here...

but we can't do anything... at least i hope they will shock us at this winter mercato with buying one or two right signings... if they couldn't buy someone, let's kick someone.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:22   #1400

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
but oh yeah, Becks is not too bad I think. he's just on loan after all. if he do well we could play him, it's a bonus. but if he doesn't do well then we won't play him, nothing wrong with that.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:53   #1401

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Snippets from the Mediaset transfer page:

*Oddo wants to stay at Bayern
*Milan are looking at Di Silvestri as a permanent replacement for him
*Milan are talking to Roma about Mexes but Galliani has said that they wouldn't invoke his recission clause


(taken from somebody's post in milanfan)

De Silvestri. too good to be true?
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:21   #1402

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
yep! a young talented italian! wont happen!
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:25   #1403

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
I'm hoping the rumor is real, but this is Galliani we're talking about... sigh.

And the press are still running the news about us and Agger... how I wish they were true.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:52   #1404

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I think people are complaining a bit too much about our transfers. Whilst some transfers were poor and I attacked them earlier in the week, I think on the whole last summer we didn't do an awful job as is being suggested here.

The amount we have to do to rebuild the squad will take a number of summers, and I see last summer as just the start. The upcoming summer for me will show the intentions of where the management aim to take the side. If we buy Beckham and other big names rather than what we need, then I will say we're the circus I said we were becoming. If we buy the players we need, then we will have a VERY competitive squad next season.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:21   #1405

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
I know there is a whole different issue....I said in my post that I am mad at the managment too and that we really desperately need a defender because this defence isn't going to hold and Nesta won't be back untill probably sometime in February.

My post was just replying to Filipez because he said that he was wishing we bought Mattioni......and also I was saying that we can expect a lot more people that have never seen this player play come to the forum and complain. (By the way Filipez...I appreciate you being honest about the whole thing , most people would have just came and said that they always watch the Brazilian league and so on! )

Other then that...I think you guys are spot on.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:56   #1406

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Who cares when Nesta comes back. The defence was rubbish with him in it and lets not try and fool our selves into believing otherwise. A defence is made up of 4 man and a goalkeeper. None of ours are any good, what difference will Nesta make.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 13:06   #1407

boring

Registered User
 
boring's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: India
Fave Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta, Nesta, Maldini
boring is on a distinguished road
That's a little harsh and has only but a hint of truth in it. Nesta isn't the same he was 3-4 years back. Yet, he's among the best and his presence will bring a mental stability into the defence even if the quality remains the same. Nesta makes Kaladze become a player he otherwise isn't. That would be enough to last the season.
Considering how poor our squad is performing, you should focus your energies elsewhere.. atleast let Nesta come back before you lay him a new one.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
boring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 13:20   #1408

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Milan's defence with or without nesta is a very big difference!!!! Dont underestimate him, nesta makes maldini look good, makes kaladze look OK. our defence is sh*t without him. He is worlds best defender. at least he was! But he's been out for such a long time and is very injury prone in recent years :s We really need a replacement for him.

and nfremo I know we didnt bad last summer! we made some good moves IMO. but not enough, and thats becouse we had some very very bad transfer summers, always going for the old players wich makes that our team needs loads of chances. some were done in the summer and more need to be done this summer, even this january. T.silva is a nice start
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 13:24   #1409

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Milan's defence with or without nesta is a very big difference!!!! Dont underestimate him, nesta makes maldini look good, makes kaladze look OK. our defence is sh*t without him. He is worlds best defender. at least he was! But he's been out for such a long time and is very injury prone in recent years :s We really need a replacement for him.

and nfremo I know we didnt bad last summer! we made some good moves IMO. but not enough, and thats becouse we had some very very bad transfer summers, always going for the old players wich makes that our team needs loads of chances. some were done in the summer and more need to be done this summer, even this january. T.silva is a nice start
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 14:15   #1410

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Milans defence has been poor for a few years now. Nesta hasnt looked like one of the world best defenders in a long time.

We all agree that Nesta is world class, the difference is you guys think he will raise the defence and I say the rest drag him down with them. Time Im afraid favours my argument as he has a serious injury an is no spring chicken. Just how many incompetent defenders do you expect him to carry in the twilight of his career.

Thiago Silva is tomorrows story, right now Im more worried about a 9 point gap. Nesta will be back in February, get back into full fitness for March, maybe April. That is aumming he has no more setbacks. Milan, the management, the fans even the furniture have all lost touch with reality. Nesta still has alot to offer, but the poor man needs some help.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
calcio, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:51.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.