AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 04:00   #166

TSHI

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2009
Location: Belgium
TSHI is on a distinguished road
Is there a problem with R80 ??

Hi Guys

Great we won !!!

Why do we not see R80 anymore ??

He was the one who save Milan'ass during the 1st round ( oct/nov)

We don't see his name in the paper for "late nite" performances

It seems that others players has more credits despite bad performances ( Kaka / Seedorf)

Is it for tactical reasons ??


Greetz
TSHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:20   #167

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
It was a great result and although the performance was good, it wasn't particularly brilliant. In the first half we struggled a great deal and we were fortunate Lazio didn't take their chances. At times they drifted through our defence with ease. We dominated the second half well though, and it's good to see us managing the game better after Genoa.

As I said, the first half was a struggle. We were pressed well and Meghni and Zarate were a nightmare for the defence, in particular the right side, where Senderos was too easily run at. Were it not for Abbiati doing brilliantly when one on one with Zarate, we would have had a much harder game. Pato's goal was an excellent move.

The second half was very easy, as Ambro scored early and Lazio lost all idea on what to do. In all honesty, we dominated very easily, but it must be said in those circumstances it would have been shocking had we not controlled the game. We probably should have score 5-6 goals, but 3 was more than enough and I'm glad Kaka did get on the scoresheet in the end.

Players....

Abbiati - Almost made one howler, but also made a great save. On the whole, a good solid performance.
Zambro - Good game
Senderos - I have little faith in him and he looks shaky, but he did make a few important challenges
Bonera - I'm really glad to see him back. Now with him and Maldini available until Nesta's back, we can hope for a more solid backline.
Janku - Caught a few times, but solid on the whole.
Beckham - his best match in a Milan shirt. It's really the first match where I feel his qualities were really put into practice.
Pirlo - A superb match. Some slack passes, but some were simply outrageous.
Ambro - Good to see him scoring with his head again, he wasn't fantastic, but he was decent.
Seedorf - Really quiet until well into the second half when Lazio were already finished.
Kaka - I think he was also excellent, I don't think many have acknowledged his part in the first goal as it was his defence splitting pass that sent Beckham through. He could have scored a hattrick, but a good finish on the goal.
Pato - Another great game and his goal shows his ability and confidence. To hit the pass first time with such precision is no easy feat and most players would take a touch first. He, like Kaka, could have scored more, but he did great.

We played well, but by no means are we still playing consistently well. We have a long way to go if we wish to see the scudetto in our hands at the end of the season, but we're slowly getting there.

This weekend was important for us as every result went our way. Inter are 6 points ahead, but we could reduce that deficit to 3 points at least within the next couple of weeks. That said, slip ups simply cannot be tolerated now, we must maintain results if we're seriously looking to win Lo Scudetto.

Forza Milan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Ancelotti just gave all his haters a big **** YOU. He's the best manager in Serie A. Why? Because he learns from his mistakes and fixes them quickly. We played incredible possession football.
With all due respect, you're taking the piss right? What is it that Carlo did in this match that was particularly different from previous matches? Against Bologna we showed great possession football too, only then to do the opposite against Genoa and Fiorentina. This has been the same problem Carlo's Milan over the past few years, our inconsistency is desperately hurting us.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:47   #168

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
What is it that Carlo did in this match that was particularly different from previous matches?
He won the game.
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:48   #169

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo_Ancelotti View Post
you forgot to put on your glasses. don't ask how i know...



OMG!! REVEAL SUM MOAR OF DA SECRET MILAN TACTICZ PLZ! !!
I do wear glasses when I read for past few years, Ido not see the problem.

The comment of rotation was just a normal comment, if you are not Giancarlo then I apologise, and if you are then you know we oftenly talk about real tactics in here. This was just a small stupid sentence by me.

You are a spoild child my friend. Its a shame for this lovely forum.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:16   #170

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I do wear glasses when I read for past few years, Ido not see the problem.
CORRECTED : I do wear glasses when I read for past few years, Ido not see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
You are a spoild child my friend. Its a shame for this lovely forum.
NO U!
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:19   #171

MLM

Registered User
 
MLM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Location: J-Town
Fave Players: Grande Capitano
MLM is on a distinguished road
Hello 2nd place.. long time no see
I am very happy that we beat Lazio in this game. Firstly I was afraid of Lazio. Lately Zarate, Rochi (glad that this person was absent in this game), Pandev always threatened opponent by they good coordination. I yelled wuahhhh.. when Kaka sent the ball to Marek but he couldnt made it to the goal. Nice chance in early 1st half. I am glad we also had many chances so made the game more fantastic. Finally Beck sent a great cross on to Pato's head ^^ made us lead 1-0. Though I have to say that Pandev and Zarate were also great. Glad that we performed a pretty well defense (mostly in 2nd half I think). Abbiati was absolutely great. Many great chances he saved or I believe Zarate or Pandev at least both will score one. And after that Beck won the free kick and sent it nicely to Ambro and perfect header landed in Muslera's net 2-0. It was another chance that Beck sent a corner to Pirlo and somehow smacked Sivigla in the face. After that Kaka nicely driblled the ball to the near of the net (thanks to Brocchi's error by the way ) and almost made it into a goal if he had a little understanding with Pato, same goes for Pato to Kaka..I believe if there was a little understanding between them and put aside selfishness then we would have another 2 goals from them But yeah finally Kaka deserved it after wasted few chances, nice coordination with Seedorf and finally got his goal. I am glad that we got 3 pts because Juve lost to Cagliari and Inter just got 1 pts. So this scudetto race still open for us although we better not throwing many critical points again. Next destination will be Reggina and after that.. na..na..na Merdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's time

ps. So who is MOM for this game? I think Vicky's husband deserved it
__________________
Milan Forever
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:26   #172

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Carlo_Ancelotti you are right. In everything. I accept you are the coolest boy in here. I will buy us rounds of beers or wine as soon as we meet one day. Then you'll explain me what I dont understand about Ancelotti, Fowler etc.

My hugs to you!! Really, no point arguing more with your capacity of whisdom.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:26   #173

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
There's no point in resting players, unless we're playing twice in a week. We're not.

You'll see Thiago, Felipe, Antonini, Flamini, R80 play against Rangers this week. They'll get the match practice they need without messing with the sides balance and risking lost points. Everyone is happy. The pedophiles and the Carlo haters.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:28   #174

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
The pedophiles and the Carlo haters.
lol, at least Im in "Carlo haters" part. When do we play Rangers Brk?

Even so, I do expect Dinho vs Reggina.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:37   #175

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post

With all due respect, you're taking the piss right? What is it that Carlo did in this match that was particularly different from previous matches? Against Bologna we showed great possession football too, only then to do the opposite against Genoa and Fiorentina. This has been the same problem Carlo's Milan over the past few years, our inconsistency is desperately hurting us.
We defended very deep against Genoa in the second half, afraid that if Maldini and Favalli were too high up, they wouldn't have the pace to track back against counters. With Lazio, noticing that they were trying to pressure us as high up as they can, with all their midfielders pressing on Zambro, Janku, Pirlo and Seedorf, we played longer balls and more horizontally to tire them out. The first half was all about getting them as tired as possible, Pato was playing as a winger.

The biggest difference was not trying to consolidate the game at 2-0 by taking off Pato or Kaka and playing a 532, as we did late with Genoa. Making the same mistake would have meant inviting Lazio to pressure us, having them gain confidence, and maybe score a goal to make it 2-1 with ten minutes to go. That would be making the same mistake. He didn't do that, and he deserves credit for that.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:39   #176

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
lol, at least Im in "Carlo haters" part. When do we play Rangers Brk?

Even so, I do expect Dinho vs Reggina.
Isn't it this week? I'm not sure. While the other teams play Coppa games, we fly off to freezing Scotland and catch the flu...
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:40   #177

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
MILAN - The list is of 25 players:
GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Abbiati, Kalac; DEFENDERS: Maldini, Kaladze, Zambrotta, Jankulovski, Favalli, Senderos, Bonera, Darmian, Pasini, Antonini, Nesta; MIDFIELDERS: Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Flamini, Beckham; STRIKERS: Pato, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Kaką, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.


Felipe isn't on the list, but Darmian and Pasini are. What's up?
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:40   #178

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
The pedophiles and the Carlo haters.
If mrki is the Carlo haters (one who hates Carlo) then you must be the pedophiles, right?
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:41   #179

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Carlo_Ancelotti you are right. In everything. I accept you are the coolest boy in here. I will buy us rounds of beers or wine as soon as we meet one day. Then you'll explain me what I dont understand about Ancelotti, Fowler etc.

My hugs to you!! Really, no point arguing more with your capacity of whisdom.
i salute your flash of sanity!

thanks for the ADD buddeh!
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:42   #180

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
The biggest difference was not trying to consolidate the game at 2-0 by taking off Pato or Kaka and playing a 532, as we did late with Genoa. Making the same mistake would have meant inviting Lazio to pressure us, having them gain confidence, and maybe score a goal to make it 2-1 with ten minutes to go. That would be making the same mistake. He didn't do that, and he deserves credit for that.
I dont mean to start an argument or be rude, but what he did was simply a normal strategic move, nothing special. He just didnt ruin it.

I believe you saw Juve-Cagliari and the way Cagliari defended 3:2 lead. that was an impressive pressing and play fith 2 up front aldough they were goal up in Torino vs Juventus.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:12.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.