AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-02-2009, 08:05   #376

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by will4li View Post
Well said! but it takes top form and great coordination to press and close all space on the court,and tireless legs also which I think it's no more our superioty any more.

It's reasonable cause we should match ibra's combination of strength and speed. Kalazhe is the best of the 3 on this aspect.It can be forseen that kalazhe will be overmatched, the problem is that our defence exposed him too much ,did not offer enough support(as your post no334 mentioned) .
It takes coordination and organisation to be a good team. Once you have the organisation in place, a pressing game isn't too complicated and if you can manage a game, then you won't be trying to press 90 minutes (which is nigh on impossible). Carlo is failing in all of these points.

Kaladze for me was never in consideration. All season he's been awful, so despite on paper appearing the best candidate against Ibra, that's not the reality and that was known before kickoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
I have no doubts that Pato is better than Borriello, my point is just that against the teams that we struggle against, ei. Reggina and other ultra-defensive teams, we often need some power in the air. We get loads of crosses, but we never really seem to score from them. If you look at Inter the majority of their goals against the smaller teams comes from crosses, because they have Ibrahimovic who's a tower. The results against the smaller teams is really whats the diffence between us and them, and therefor i think we have needed a target man.

I agree on Kaladze. I have to disagree on Ambrosini though, i think he played a good first 30 minutes or so, really good actually, don't forget the awesome tackle he made on a hesitating Stankovic. After that he played bad, and did what he does from time to time, which is to make late tackles resulting in cards and free kicks. After the yellow card it would've been ok to replace him with Flamini, but don't forget that Ambrosini is the only decent header we have, and i think that is why Carlotti decided to keep him in the game. Afterall he played fairly well when he had the ball, didn't throw away any stupid balls, which is something Flamini has done all to often when he's gotten the chance this season.

Looking at the game in retrospectiv, then it's a clear mistake to play Kaladze, but i think the substitutions were ok. Maybe Senderos should've come in at half time, and maybe Inzaghi could've come on earlier, but all in all i don't think it would've changed alot. We lost the game in the first half cause of poor marking from Kaladze. Afterall, we all knew he wasn't top notch as a CB, but noone could've expected him to be as bad as he was.
Fair point, we do need a player of Borriello's qualities, that's something I've said myself for years, but I still doubt whether Borriello's the one to make the difference. Despite being a good player, to me he's like Igor Protti in the past, and not really of the quality that Milan need.

The tackle Ambro made on Stankovic came from his own mistake. As with Stankovic's goal, he didn't stick to his man and lost him, which is why Stankovic was in such open space. Though in his slight defence, Kaladze was no where to be seen on either chance. As for Ambro's power and heading ability, how often do we see him dominate teams these days? Against Inter I really can't remember a single header he won. Ambro

About Kaladze, please look at my response above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
LOL People complaining Dinho isn't tracking back...he's playing SUPPORT STRIKER. Sheva seldom used to track back...nor does Kaka when he plays there. Dinho was probably our best player on the pitch...that's how a real playmaker plays. Haven't seen one of those in Milan for a while...
What people are frustrated about is his lack of effort whenever he loses the ball. It's not a case of tracking back all the way down the pitch, but at least press the Inter defenders or DM's when they're a few meters away with the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boring View Post
4. Who the f*ck said this team can't run? I saw everyone run in the last 20 minutes when their asses were on fire. It's all about motivation.
I disagree. After Beckham came off we had changed as Pato was free to move more rather than play as the striker. His movement and running combined with Janku and Zambro pushing up more made it appear we were running much more. However, Seedorf, Ambro, Pirlo and Dinho (great on the ball, but wasn't really running madly) weren't moving much more. With Beckham, Pato stayed up front so in midfield we had no strong runners.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 09:13   #377

daryl

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
daryl is on a distinguished road
(This was the first game I saw for donkey's years to be honest. I just couldn't afford to be as obsessive as before, so I didn't allow myself to watch even a second of any Milan games.)
So I AM out of touch here. But why this formation still? If it is to accommodate Ronaldinho so that he will have no defensive responsibility, he was magical, but didn't participate in the game full-time. In my opinion it is too risky a strategy.

Milan's problem are shared with Arsenal, in that they are both desperate for one or two CDs similar to Vidic or John Terry(on form).

Barca played Ronaldinho in a more traditional 4-4-2 and since he never defends, when they didn't have the ball the FBs were always under pressure.
So I suppose 4-3-2-1 could have been the only formation to accommodate him, so that he doesn't have to defend. Inter, on the other hand, were playing without such a debilitating worry.

Beck and Ambro were doing the tracking back and supporting the FBs well, but this left Pirlo too deep, how could he play goal creating passes from there?

Maldini was still Milan's best defender and he's old. Collectively the defence couldn't compete in the air with Ibra and the physical strength of Adriano. although the second goal wise, Pirlo failed to track the run of the Inter midfielder leading to a goal.

In short, the defence isn't good enough and the formation doesn't allow Milan to create many goal scoring chances. Pato seemed great, and Beck will recover from his injury, but with this formation, I doubt Milan will see any drastic improvement. Because unlike Inter with thier 2 strikers, Milan will never have enough men in the box when they do get a cross in from Beck or anybody, option is too limited with one striker formation.

Of course there were penalties Milan should have won, or the frirst Inter goal which should have been disallowed. But what was devastating was to see the absolute improvement 4-4-2 formation gave Milan. Pato just looked more confident when he had a striker right beside him.

All in all, acquiring Beckham will not better the squad I saw too much, Milan need more men in the box. And start to sign more defenders. Up and coming ones, hopefully.
daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 09:54   #378

HO-YOUNG

Registered User
 
HO-YOUNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: Kaka, Albertini, Serginho, Maldini, Rivaldo
HO-YOUNG is on a distinguished road
Milan Lost a good game... no excuses...
Whats up with the ... on this thread... like a bunch of "Mitsu_..."...
My only problem with Milan is the fact that Flamini is Gattuso's under study and he did not factor in this important game... Who was going to tackle and protect the weekfence?
__________________
Massimo Tartaglia

Last edited by Jeff; 17-02-2009 at 12:29.
HO-YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 12:29   #379

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
we do monitor posts so please no vulgarity...
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 12:31   #380

Karim

Registered User
 
Karim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Fave Players: J.Zanetti, Kaka, Adriano, Recoba, Alex, Ronaldinho
Karim is on a distinguished road
they are a bunch of idiots Jeff, forget about them
__________________
Treble Winner

FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 13:25   #381

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
they are a bunch of idiots Jeff, forget about them
Siregar is no idiot, karim, ok your team won and you cant believe it and you wanna mess around we understand. now get over it and dont call any of milan fan an idiot. keep things clean and see you next derby. see ya merda
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 13:25   #382

HO-YOUNG

Registered User
 
HO-YOUNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: Kaka, Albertini, Serginho, Maldini, Rivaldo
HO-YOUNG is on a distinguished road
Yow dude Karim, watch yor lips... you would be surprised at the things that can actually com thru the net!!! Yard man nuh really tek crap...
__________________
Massimo Tartaglia
HO-YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 14:51   #383

Karim

Registered User
 
Karim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Fave Players: J.Zanetti, Kaka, Adriano, Recoba, Alex, Ronaldinho
Karim is on a distinguished road
guys, I have nothing against you. And for the people who know me, they know I was joking.

End of discussion in this childish argument.
__________________
Treble Winner

FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 19:01   #384

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
guys, I have nothing against you. And for the people who know me, they know I was joking.

End of discussion in this childish argument.
Please make that happen.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 01:11   #385

boring

Registered User
 
boring's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: India
Fave Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta, Nesta, Maldini
boring is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I disagree. After Beckham came off we had changed as Pato was free to move more rather than play as the striker. His movement and running combined with Janku and Zambro pushing up more made it appear we were running much more. However, Seedorf, Ambro, Pirlo and Dinho (great on the ball, but wasn't really running madly) weren't moving much more. With Beckham, Pato stayed up front so in midfield we had no strong runners.
That's partly what I meant to say. The full backs pushed further up. Why didn't that happen intensely before Inzaghi came on? Even Pirlo, Ambro and Seedorf (least sure about him) were much more mobile than otherwise (you can't argue that). Atleast 3 times I saw Pirlo run forward and lead a counter attack (though unsuccessfully). Of course Pato did run a lot. I think all the slow ones were missing a sense of urgency earlier in the game that caused immobility.

I'm certain if we were drawing towards the end of the game, we wouldve never seen this urgency. I stand by what I said that this team lacked any motivation (which was provided by the two goal deficit and further accentuated by the goal Pato scored). I fail to understand why it was only in the last few minutes that we realised that we're in a match? And that too in a derby. The players should be willing to have a go before they're in a sh*t shouldn't they? (remember this was the derby not Reggina or Catania)

fLAME - I see you didn't (in all the stupid riff raff you presented) actually tell us why Carlo made the same managerial mistakes (the ones he's made all season) again, since you understand him so well and most people on MM are sick and tired of defending him.

Didn't you read my post about the injured players. I don't get that WHERE THE F*CK DOES ONE GET OFF DEFENDING CARLO CITING INJURED PLAYERS BECAUSE WE DIDN'T EVEN UTILIZE WHAT WE HAD (Flamini and Janku on the wrong position where he's sucked for so long now.. I'll not say Kaladze because I didn't think he would be so bad and plus his playing made sense initially).

I don't want to get into an argument or anything. I'm not asking for Carlo's head. It's not a knee-jerk reaction. I just fail to understand these decisions that cost us week in and week out.

Is there a another coach who could utilize these players and get better results (injuries included)? YES
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
boring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 02:42   #386

Karim

Registered User
 
Karim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Fave Players: J.Zanetti, Kaka, Adriano, Recoba, Alex, Ronaldinho
Karim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
Please make that happen.
And you are?
__________________
Treble Winner

FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 04:17   #387

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by boring View Post
That's partly what I meant to say. The full backs pushed further up. Why didn't that happen intensely before Inzaghi came on? Even Pirlo, Ambro and Seedorf (least sure about him) were much more mobile than otherwise (you can't argue that). Atleast 3 times I saw Pirlo run forward and lead a counter attack (though unsuccessfully). Of course Pato did run a lot. I think all the slow ones were missing a sense of urgency earlier in the game that caused immobility.

I'm certain if we were drawing towards the end of the game, we wouldve never seen this urgency. I stand by what I said that this team lacked any motivation (which was provided by the two goal deficit and further accentuated by the goal Pato scored). I fail to understand why it was only in the last few minutes that we realised that we're in a match? And that too in a derby. The players should be willing to have a go before they're in a sh*t shouldn't they? (remember this was the derby not Reggina or Catania)

fLAME - I see you didn't (in all the stupid riff raff you presented) actually tell us why Carlo made the same managerial mistakes (the ones he's made all season) again, since you understand him so well and most people on MM are sick and tired of defending him.

Didn't you read my post about the injured players. I don't get that WHERE THE F*CK DOES ONE GET OFF DEFENDING CARLO CITING INJURED PLAYERS BECAUSE WE DIDN'T EVEN UTILIZE WHAT WE HAD (Flamini and Janku on the wrong position where he's sucked for so long now.. I'll not say Kaladze because I didn't think he would be so bad and plus his playing made sense initially).

I don't want to get into an argument or anything. I'm not asking for Carlo's head. It's not a knee-jerk reaction. I just fail to understand these decisions that cost us week in and week out.

Is there a another coach who could utilize these players and get better results (injuries included)? YES
Well, I'm not sure why we didn't press too well before Pippo came on. This is something that doesn't make sense to me other than we were maybe afraid of Inter. If you look at my post before the game, I said I wanted a mobile team to press Inter high up the pitch and I'm still convinced we wouldn't have had the same problems at the back had we done so as we could isolate the forwards.

As for motivation, how many times have we seen players demotivated and looking dejected (not just this season, but for the best part of the last decade). Carlo for me must take a lot of responsibility here as he's supposed to be our manager. Somehow I don't get the impression Sacchi, Mourinho, Ferguson or Capello would ever accept such attitude.

The problem you have with Carlo appears to be the same as what I and many others have. Our squad is heavily weakened by absences like Nesta and Rino, but we're not utilizing what we have. Anyone can see how much more Flamini offers than Ambro and yet Ambro plays. Not even going to talk about Batman and Boy Wonder in our backline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
And you are?
A very well respected poster.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 04:22   #388

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
If the argument turns out to be childish and you (plural) want to avoid it, all you (plural) need to do is to just close the tab, ignore the message, and go.

You don't win by replying, lose by not replying. Silence doesn't mean defeat, and speaking up doesn't mean your point is valid.

When things get emotionally hot up, I can understand why posts go awry (I was caught in those kinds of situations many times). But over time things cool down and I'm able to shrug it off and call it a day.

Can we do the same? (Note: No one needs to reply me here as this message isn't meant to fuel more topic-unrelated discussion).

J
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 04:25   #389

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Well, I'm not sure why we didn't press too well before Pippo came on.


Sending Pippo in may also send as a signal that it's all out attack; also remember that INter was bombarding Milan defense like crazy and I feel that the player attitude is like, 'crap we are going to lose anyway, so why don't juts risk everything in one basket and attack'... then we attacked.

Agree that Carlo is to blame.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 07:23   #390

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boring View Post
fLAME - I see you didn't (in all the stupid riff raff you presented) actually tell us why Carlo made the same managerial mistakes (the ones he's made all season) again, since you understand him so well and most people on MM are sick and tired of defending him.
oh yes, this place is swarming with Ancelotti fans. you can see this post in, post out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boring View Post
Didn't you read my post about the injured players. I don't get that WHERE THE F*CK DOES ONE GET OFF DEFENDING CARLO CITING INJURED PLAYERS BECAUSE WE DIDN'T EVEN UTILIZE WHAT WE HAD (Flamini and Janku on the wrong position where he's sucked for so long now.. I'll not say Kaladze because I didn't think he would be so bad and plus his playing made sense initially).
so, the delusion continues and you still believe that replacing 2 players would make us win. I will let you live in the world of you delusional fantasies. Cause in FIFA09 i turned results around with 2 subs, really.

Just 2 questions:
1. Was Janku at fault for any of the goals?
2. What happened to the Beckham bandwagon all the sudden? I thought the zealots forgot about "field Flamini" meme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boring View Post
Is there a another coach who could utilize these players and get better results (injuries included)? YES
of course, had we any other coach, we would win Serie A, Champions League, and Coppa Italia with no effort. I mean our squad is miles better than any Italian, European....
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.