Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar
About R80
His performance dropped since 2006/07 (after Barca won CL 2006) and drastically last season. It would be extremly difficult for Ronaldinho to be fit this season. I was one of fans who doubt he would be fit soon. That was a huge gamble.
|
Of course, he couldn't have been fit in September, but the plans were to have him fit in January. It was the plans made by the Milan Lab. Unfortunately, Ronaldinho slowly disapeared since January and the Milan Lab looks more and more like a joke this year ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar
R80 or Adebayor
Ancelotti was 'forced' to play 2-striker formation by Berlusconi in the past and why on earth we bought R80 then? I know the answer  , it's only because of Berlu's love for R80 as we chased him since last years. But in tactical point of view, it would be safer and wiser to buy a striker than a AMC like R80 as we need striker, not attacking midfielder. And Ancelotti has already said it : we need Eto'o not Ronaldinho (not in this sentence of course but the point is same).
|
Imagine if all our key players were totally fit, not injured, we would have a hell of a team, I mean, Ancelotti would have some choices to make (not like nowadays) ... that doesn't mean we would be first, nor a good team, but "on paper", we would be a strong team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar
About Boriello
He was not top scorer in Serie A and only managed to score that many in one season (with no proof of continuity). He was also loaned in previous seasons (of course he was younger) but the result was far from last season. The case is just like many strikers in european league have done : making ton of goals even top-scorer (which Borri wasn't) and flopped in the next season (one season wonder). The funniest thing for me is that we took Bori and sold Gila which for me no value added took a place (it's like to change 45 pounds for 40 euros or even less LOL).
ps : 4 pounds = 4,5 euros
|
Don't try to persuad someone already convinced ?!

I like your metaphor ... you should put it in your signature !!

(I even think that Gila is better than Borriello, I have no doubt about that, he just has to be used in a 2-striker-formation, he mainly failed when they put him as a lone striker in front of Kaka', his first year alongside Shevchenko was good, his second year alone was average/bad, his last year was bad, and you don't come back to your highest level in 2 months, I mean, once Pato arrived, it was sure that Gila wouldn't have started to score again, he lost his confidence for 1 year and some months, so we should have kept him this summer to play him alongside Pato, I'm pretty sure that would have worked)
About the age, look at Toni and Inzaghi, they both exploded at a relative "old" age, Inzaghi exploded when he was something like 24, and Toni at 28 if I'm not wrong, as well as Drogba, you never heard anything about him before he was 28-29 too for example ... and the few minutes spent on the pitch by Borriello showed he wasn't the same Borriello than the one I bashed each time he got minutes on the pitch some years ago. Anyway, if you ask me, I would have prefered an attack with Pato, Borriello, Gila and Paloschi + Inzaghi instead of Pato, Borriello, Inzaghi and Shevchenko ...