![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
![]() |
Mathieu Flamini
After a slow start and loads of bench time he finally settled in very well!! He is in fine form and IMO he should stay into our first 11. as he clearly has more to offer than ambrosini. I know he was only into the team due to injurys but also Carlo has to see that he is performing very well.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
In all honesty, I think most of the time he just needed match chances to adjust to our play and assimilate into the side. He's showing his value now and more and more is becoming integral to our play. Finally, he looks like the successor to Rino we hoped he'd be.
I just hope Carlo sticks with him because I fear when Rino's back, Beckham will still get the nod ahead of him. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: India
Fave Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta, Nesta, Maldini
![]() |
I don't know if he can replace Gattuso since Flamini lacks that cunning sharpness (which he has lacked even in his Arsenal days) of the former. He's probably more technically skilled than Rino though. Just hope he becomes a crucial part of the future Milan. It's strange Ambrosini's had one of his worst seasons in the same year Flamini has arrived.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
![]() |
I see Flamini more as an ambrosini replacement. He is so much more than a player who can only defend. He hasnt got that super spirit gattuso has but he is a much better footballer.
His passing is very good. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
![]() |
I agree. His vision (play building) is also good. He can do task like he did against Siena by allowing Pirlo move forwards and playmake the game upfront. Flamini is capable to do Pirlo's job (to connect defence and midfield) when Pirlo doesn't yet come to his original position.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
![]() |
I keep talking about the box-to-box player we need----someone who can put in the crunching tackles, make good passes, run at the opposition, take shots---I think Flamini can be that player for us---provided Carlo gives him the chance.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
I think that's essentially what Filipez and Siregar see in him, in that he is a much more complete footballer than Rino. It's interesting to see him getting comparions to both Rino and Ambro. He could be a very useful player for our club in the long term, we must let him continue to play and develop.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
![]() |
We'll see how smart carlo is this weekend. Seedorf back, max is back, pirlo is fit, beckham is fit... And Flamini is in very good form, interesting to see if he will play. IMO he will, carlo cant be that blind...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
![]() |
i hope so, filipez
![]()
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you.. In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you.. In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name.. Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away... But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face... |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
Some players need only playing time to show they can do it. Flamini is one of those, aldough he has been used in Milan on the right, on the left, with different duties etc.
Next year I'd play both him and Gattuso in the middle, with Yoan and Kaka'. Flamini would play central DM and Rinho on his old right side. There is 500% no way Gattuso will sit on the bench in Milan, also flamini doesnt deserve to be in second pile of milan's players. Forza Flamini! One of those modern midfielders!¨He will only improove be sure.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
Quote:
With Flamini's recent showings and his ability and dynamism to be able to push forward I'm feeling more convinced the way to go next season is to have him and Rino (who will be used in his most successful role as a pure ball winner) just behind Pirlo. In that role he will be used as a ball winner, but he will have opportunities to push up knowing Rino is there to cover. Plus, I just love the thought of those two working side by side. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2007
Fave Players: Kaka,Messi,Pirlo,Ballack,Pato,Tavez
![]() |
I always believe in Flamini's talent, but it's unfortunate that he didn't got much chances.... hopefully he would get now...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
![]() |
IMO Flamini should, from now on, be a starter.....wouldn't say he's the future of Milan, no - he is present of Milan. Some other players are Milan's history, but I don't want to drag that one again, we already have a thread about them
![]()
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market" |
|
|
|