AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-03-2009, 15:50   #796

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
True Mrki.....Milan won't pay for Clichy. However I would rather not pay for Clichy and use the money for a CB (Santacroce). As for a left back....we can look into something cheaper like you said Maxwell.....or someone I have in mind and really like as a player....Grosso. Add to that a free Pannuci + healthy Nesta (I am praying for that) and you have a defence of:

Zambro - - - - - -Santacroce - - - - - Nesta - - - - - Grosso
Pannuci - - - - - -Silva - - - - - - - - Bonera - - - - - Janku
Mattioni- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - Antonini

Out go Maldini, Favalli, Kaladze and Oddo.

From these players :Zambro and Antonini can play both flanks.
Santacroce and Bonera can play on the right when needed. And Pannuci can play in the center in case of emergency or whenever needed.
*Darmian can stay, but it would be much better if he is finally loaned out. Jankulovski can also play in the middle which is where I would much rather have him anyway.

As for the midfield, I would really look into D'Agostino from Udinese. I think he is a great player and can give Pirlo a run for his money. Add to that Gourcuff + Abate and you get a refuvinated midfield without Emerson and Seedorf.

Pirlo, D'Agostino, Gattuso, Abate, Ambrosini, Flamini, Beckham (if he comes in Jan.) + Gourcuff who can also obviously play further up the field ......we also have youngsters like Strasser and Cardaccio who can either be loaned out or kept in the squad.

As for up front.....I personally am still split. I believe in Ronaldinho although my patience is running out. BUT, how can you not believe when the man walks into the game with 15 mins to go and creates two 100% opportunities out of which Pato scored one going around the keeper and Pippo missed one by blowing it over the bar with on the keeper in front of him. I think we are going to have to implement Dinho as a forward. Because it is obvious that he wont chase back in our own half much, so as long as he comes back to the midfield line then it's all good. Use him and Pato as forwards (although Dinho a little behind Pato) and Kaka behind them with Pippo and Boriello comming in or starting whenever needed.

Concidering that Sheva leaves, then we will need another forward but one that doesn't necessarily demand a starting position and a 4 mil/yr salary.

That would be the ideal situation, but if Dinho starts acting up and not running then I guess nobody can help him but himself. It's just amazing how much talent the man has that it's sad not to play him.

By the way....I would exchange Seedorf for Trez in a second as well. You can't say no to a player that GUARANTEES 20 goals a season.

I am also split on a GK, because I think that Abbiati was one of the best in Serie A this year but this injury is now playing with my mind.

Anyhow, a mercato of the following players would satisfy me personaly.

Grosso, Santacroce, Pannuci, Abate, Gourcuff, D'Agostino + ST.

out - Dida, Maldini, Favalli, Kaladze, Oddo, Emerson, Seedorf, Shevchenko

These players shouldn't cost too much. Santacroce and D'Agostino shouldn't cost more then 30 mil put together plus Grosso (the most 7/8 mil). Pannuci comes for free as does Gourcuff while Abate's deal should be settled without much craziness.

It might seem a little too much but if we sell players like Emerson, Seedorf, Kaladze, Dida, Oddo, (get rid of Sheva's salary on top of all these onther clowns)....then it is very possible that the club will spend somewhere around 30 mil to repair what has been badly damaged for the past couple of years.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!

Last edited by nefremo; 19-03-2009 at 16:18.
nefremo is offline  
Old 19-03-2009, 15:52   #797

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
lol now we are being linked to zarate. kaka pato zarate the fastet trident on earth
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline  
Old 19-03-2009, 16:17   #798

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo View Post
Add to that a free Pannuci + healthy Nesta (I am praying for that) and you have a defence of:
Panucci?????? Let's pair him up with Figo then and we rule on the right flank for decades...
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 19-03-2009, 16:35   #799

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
I know it sounds funny. Maybe even ridiculous. He is 35, but he comes free and still has some good games in him. He is only an emergency back up and shouldn't play more then 10 games a season, and probably not even that if everyone stays healthy.

I wish we had money to pay for another player, but we also need players in other positions plus we have some players leaving the club. So no money + the mess we are in = you have to be smart about where you put your money.

I personally mind having Pannuci or even Canna since they come for free. But Canna would demand a starting spot and a much much higher salary.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!

Last edited by nefremo; 19-03-2009 at 16:38.
nefremo is offline  
Old 19-03-2009, 16:42   #800

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
About Grosso to be starter, I doubt he will be able to do well the job as fullback. He will 32 years old next season and he was not famous to have a very good fitness nor was known for very good ability at defending.

With how our defence have been doing this season, I won't bet to rely on two 32-year-old fullbacks and new pairing and unproven (Santa-Silva, Alex-Silva, Zapata-Silva) CDs to guard our defence next season. Even if Nesta is fit next season, I still think we really need more than a Grosso because our defence is just terrible and Grosso is not the right player to help the defence getting MUCH better.
Siregar is offline  
Old 19-03-2009, 18:49   #801

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
I guess it's a matter of oppinion.

Anyhow, I never heard that Grosso was not known for his fitness. From what I've seen, he looks fine physically.

I also don't see a problem in relying on two 32 yr old backs. As a matter of fact, I would rather rely on a 32 yr old back (Grosso) + a new defensive pair rather then a young back + a new defensive pair. Ironically.......a 32 yr old fullback has by far been our most solid and stable defender this year (Zambro).

Also, Grosso and Zambro played together for Italy and do exceptionally well. And if Nesta is healthy like you said, then I really don't see a problem as only one of Silva and Santacroce will start. If both of them start then we can easily play Zambro on the left and Santacroce on the right.

Anyway....like I said about Panucci, I would much rather get Clichy. But he will cost a lot of money. And in the situation that we are, I think it's one big money (20mil) signing this summer......so take your pick. CB or LB?I would rather pay for a CB and get a bargain on the LB spot.

About the CB pair being new.......that's just the price we will have to pay for sleeping in the markets for the past 2 yrs. No matter who we get...RB,CB,LB,....the defence will need a lot of work. Not just in purchases but also in getting them gelled together. That's why getting Nesta back next year is so important. Because his ability to position himself on the field makes everyone around him better.....even if he is not at 100%.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!

Last edited by nefremo; 19-03-2009 at 19:02.
nefremo is offline  
Old 19-03-2009, 19:19   #802

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Grosso is not a solution for us ... not because he is too old or anything else, just because he isn't good enough for us.

He is an average player who had a good season and then played like a champion at the last World Cup, then he was benched for one year in Inter and went to Lyon where, even if it is Ligue 1, he plays averagely well, he can be very good and decisive one week end and become the worst of all the defenders of Ligue 1 the following week end ...

If we are willing to take an ex-Inter player, let's go for Maxwell (what ? He isn't an ex-Inter player yet ? ).
GeoTav is offline  
Old 19-03-2009, 19:29   #803

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
We aren't even linked with Grosso, so I don't want to create controvercy. But the two LB that we are linked with are Clichy and Maxwell. One of them will be expensive and the other one I doubt will come to us because Inter will much rather sell elsewhere.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!

Last edited by nefremo; 19-03-2009 at 19:31.
nefremo is offline  
Old 19-03-2009, 21:59   #804

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
If Milan go after the SPecial One and managed to sign him as coach. That will be the end to finishing 3rd for us and we will finish 1st or 2nd for the next few years. I know some of you say his style is boring....but I would rather see us winning than fighting for CL spot at the end of the season.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 19-03-2009, 23:08   #805

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
theres not a team in the world that would pay for shevchenko. This guy is an ex-player! I really hope we loaned him and not bought him in the summer.
Chelsea would not currently be writing about him as an on-loan player on their official website if they had sold him to Milan, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

However, I think to say that no club in the world would buy him is an extreme exaggeration. He may no longer have the skills to play for Milan or Chelsea, but there are thousands of clubs in the world who would jump at the chance to buy him (at a price they could afford, of course).
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 19-03-2009, 23:19   #806

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo View Post
But the two LB that we are linked with are Clichy and Maxwell. One of them will be expensive and the other one I doubt will come to us because Inter will much rather sell elsewhere.
This is true. And it now appears that Arsenal has a good chance to hang onto that final Champions League spot. If they do, there's no way Arsenal will be selling Clichy at almost any price. As for Maxwell, I don't know why people even waste time talking about him as a potential Milan player for next season. There is no way in hell that Inter will sell him to Milan. Nope. Nada. Ain't gonna happen. Maxwell's agent is just spewing crap in an attempt to get Inter to pony up a big new contract or sell him to somebody else. If Maxwell lets his contract run out, he could join Milan in 2010 if that's what he really wants. But Milan has about as much chance of buying him from Inter as Inter has of buying Zambrotta from Milan -- zilch.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 20-03-2009, 03:41   #807

boring

Registered User
 
boring's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: India
Fave Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta, Nesta, Maldini
boring is on a distinguished road
I don't understand why there is so much talk of Clichy moving to Milan because in Feb he said he wouldnt move next season irrespective of whether Arsenal make it to the top 4 or not.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
boring is offline  
Old 20-03-2009, 03:57   #808

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I don't think signing an ageing fullback is a good choice right now as we will end up in the same situation too soon, and we seriously need to plan longer term. With most of our midfield around 30, in a year or two we will need to rebuild pretty much the whole department, and if we have to get defenders again (don't forget Zambro can't last too long) then we'll find it very difficult.

This is also why I'd be willing to bring in Mariga and sell Ambro. Ambro's been a good servant to the club for years but he's not in great shape these days and is on the wrong side of 30. Mariga is young, should be cheap and has really come out from no where this season. I don't believe he's going to disappear and is a talent worth taking a risk with, and will lessen the burden we face when we're forced to look for replacements for Rino and Pirlo in the not too distant future.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 20-03-2009, 04:05   #809

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
I don't know anything about Mariga but it looks like he is a promising talent. With our squad right now, even Ambrosini leaves Milan, he will get few chances to play since we have two world class defensive midfielders : Gattuso and Flamini.

If it's up to me and it's true Mariga is a hot prospect, I'll buy half of his contract like we did to Parma's big fullback (CMIIW) and let Mariga play for Parma for another 1-2 seasons. Gattuso will be 31 years old next season and Flamini will be his deputy and also alternative choice for other position. Mariga can come if he is ready to play for big club in a time when Gattuso is 33-34 years old, I hope.
Siregar is offline  
Old 20-03-2009, 07:20   #810

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
If Milan go after the SPecial One and managed to sign him as coach. That will be the end to finishing 3rd for us and we will finish 1st or 2nd for the next few years. I know some of you say his style is boring....but I would rather see us winning than fighting for CL spot at the end of the season.
with 3 in the startin 11 signings you will be able to win the scudetto easily.

abbiati
zambrotta silva nesta/new player new lb
gattuso pirlo flamini
kaka
pato borriello/new striker

this base formation is on papers and on the field the strongest. and you can have a strong reserve as well :marchetti, mattioni bonera kaladze antonini janku ambrosini seedorf gourcuff abate ronaldinho inzaghi

i mean come on give any team the # of injuries we are suffering and then tell me if they rnt gonna suffer. our management is laughable and our transfers are ridiculous but you cant ignore the fact that our injuries ended any hope for us to achieve something.

btw stop calling mourinho the special one because he just proved to be as ignorant as the EPL and as dumb as the english media. and i would stick to ancelotti and his mistakes or leonardo the unproven then to win all the trophies in the world under mourinho .

with all due respect to all who see a good coach in mourinho, i just call them a glory hunters who managed to watch a couple of games for chelsea and then decided to be football fans
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.