AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2009, 11:36   #961

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
Any one here follows EPL? At the moment the teams in bottom 5 are Stoke City, Newcastle, Blackburn, Middlesbrough and WBA. 3 of the teams are relatively bigger clubs than the likes of Hull, Wigan, Fulham etc above them. WBA will surely be relegated. I hope Hull and Stoke City survive, so that any 2 out of Newcastle, Blackburn and Middlesbrough can go down and their big players would become available for cheap

Some good players IMO are:

Newcastle
- Damien Duff: He could be a Serginho type impact player. Very pacy
- Fabio Colochini: Its better to have him as a backup CB than Kladze
- Obi Fehmi Martins: Remember him?
- Gutieriz: A good battling midfielder

Blackburn
- Roque Santa Cruz: Pure class and better than Borrie
- Beni Mcarthy: Regular international player for South African NT
- Jason Roberts: A good choice for a back up striker
- Morton Gamst Pedrson: More than a decent player
- Bred Emerton: Regular international player for Australian NT
- Matt Darbisher: A good young talent, but English so won't leave EPL

Middlesbrough
- Tunchi Sanli: Regular international player for Turkey NT & very talented
- Afonso Alvez: Struggles in EPL, but still a Brazillian striker
- Jermie Aliadier: Could be a good sub or squad player, striker + winger
- Robert Huth: A good German CB
Firstly, clubs in EPL can keep their players even when they are relegated ...
Secondly, it's really weird, but when a club is relegated from the EPL, they almost always sell their players to EPL teams ... actually, it's not weird as they can sell them to a higher price than if they would sell them to other European clubs.

To finish, I hope your post was a joke ?
The players I put in bold have nothing to do in Milan ... for the others, I don't know them enough or even I don't know them at all.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 28-03-2009, 11:47   #962

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
This is where you're misunderstanding. He is not a bad player, he's just being rendered ineffective too easily because of his current position on the pitch. Then because the one and only plan we have is to give the ball to Pirlo, our whole game suffers. Opponents just press Pirlo in our half and that's that.

P.S. If our midfield is so strong, why has it been so difficult to create chances on goal for the past couple seasons?
Because of two reasons:

1. Pirlo who is a deeplying playmaker is forced to defend and try and make up for errors from Kaladze, Senderos, Bonera and Maldini.
2. There isnt a single player in the box, as Pato tends to drop deep anyway. Hence we are not taking nearly as many shots on goal as we should.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 28-03-2009, 11:48   #963

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Suddenly? that suddenly is 2 years of not trying on the field...
Im sure that even you dont believe he doesnt try.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 28-03-2009, 11:56   #964

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Ancelotti said that we needed a great defender and a great striker, but this striker hasn't to be a "big tall" one as everyone expects it because he explained that Borriello could still play that role next year. And we know that the dream of Ancelotti is to have Eto'o ... so if R80 goes, bringing Eto'o could become a possible thing.

Pato likes to play on the left, Eto'o can move everywhere (and especially on the right), so just imagine one second:

------ Pato --- Eto'o ------
---------- Kaka' ----------- (free role)
Flamini - Gourcuff - Gattuso

Pirlo can replace any of the 4 midfielders if he is needed, as well as Seedorf.

Everyone is happy: mrki doesn't see Pirlo and Seedorf on the pitch each game, and the ones like me who still think that Pirlo is a great player will see him sometimes.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 28-03-2009, 12:54   #965

gregapenny

Registered User
 
gregapenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
gregapenny is on a distinguished road
Look, as long as Ancelotti is on the bench, Pirlo will play. And Pirlo will play much better when he will have Gattuso by his side. And I dont' really like Pato-Eto'o in attack, because they are not good in the air. You have to have two strikers with different qualities. For example: Pato-Borriello. Pato is a versatile attacker and Borriello is tall and strong and very good in the air. So now threat comes from everywhere. If you would play Pato-Eto'o, then the crosses from the side would be ineffective.

Secondly, if we bring back Gourcuff, then either Ronaldinho or Seedorf has to go. Otherwise we will have too many attacking midfielders: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gourcuff. In my opinion we should sell Ronaldinho. I think we could get about 30 mil from Man City and we could use this money for two or three quality players. Gourcuff is currently much better than Ronaldinho...
gregapenny is offline  
Old 28-03-2009, 13:17   #966

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregapenny View Post
Look, as long as Ancelotti is on the bench, Pirlo will play. And Pirlo will play much better when he will have Gattuso by his side. And I dont' really like Pato-Eto'o in attack, because they are not good in the air. You have to have two strikers with different qualities. For example: Pato-Borriello. Pato is a versatile attacker and Borriello is tall and strong and very good in the air. So now threat comes from everywhere. If you would play Pato-Eto'o, then the crosses from the side would be ineffective.

Secondly, if we bring back Gourcuff, then either Ronaldinho or Seedorf has to go. Otherwise we will have too many attacking midfielders: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gourcuff. In my opinion we should sell Ronaldinho. I think we could get about 30 mil from Man City and we could use this money for two or three quality players. Gourcuff is currently much better than Ronaldinho...
R80 going is an open door to both Gourcuff and Eto'o ...
Saying Eto'o and Pato can't play together because they are not good in the air is weird: Pato is good in the air (not perfect, not great, not very good), as well as Eto'o is, but what's the point ? We never cross ... so we don't need players good in the air in attack. We need them in midfield or even more in defense, but not in our attack as we often play on the ground. If you look the formation I put, no one is going to play in the air with them.

And I'm sorry, but Barcelona has Eto'o, Messi and Henry, they are not known as being good in the air (Henry is tall but he is a joke in the air actually, even Messi is probably better than him), and they can play all together ? Why not Pato-Eto'o-Kaka' ?

PS: And when the coach sees that both Eto'o and Pato can't score, then he has the Borriello solution ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 28-03-2009, 14:00   #967

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
We being linked with Cannavaro. I like it. Italian, great experience, has everything he needs. I know he's 35 but I'm sure he still has it. I say sign him for a year until we get another great defender the year after. I really wanted Cannavaro last year....but I think it'll be okay to get him this year. However getting Pannucci + Cannavaro is WRONG. Cannavaro is good cause he still has it and isnt showing any signs of slowing down just yet. Besides, it would have been a dream to see Maldini - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta again... too bad though.

But I'm all for the deal, as long as everyone at the club knows its a temporary solution.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 28-03-2009, 14:27   #968

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM1983
Fair enough, just I've noticed that SquireD poster is also a big Dida fan.
Interesting. I often collaborate with another fan on Milanfan. Even though the guy is universally despised, there is a small clique of us Didamaniacs out there. (No more OT on this, I swear.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav
To finish, I hope your post was a joke ?
Not really; it's just his usual standard.

Last edited by Blacktop; 28-03-2009 at 14:33.
Blacktop is offline  
Old 28-03-2009, 14:56   #969

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
I tend to disagree with alot of the sentiments in this thread. I still think the we have one of the strongest midfields in Europe. I dont believe Pirlo can suddenly become a bad player and with Gatusso and Flamini to support we have quality play breakers. Gourcuff adds a completely new flavour and if Seedorf and Ambro can take over fom the contribution that Brocchi and Emerson were supposed to provide then that is even better.

If Pirlo and Jankulovski have been identified this year as players who have underperformed. Then I say that in the last few seasons there has always been KEY PLAYERS who have underperformed. Seedorf in 2005 was awful and then was amazing in 2007. Gatusso had a long patch where he couldnt do anything right. I wont include Pato as he is so young and dips are expected. Even the great Kaka hasnt been anywhere near what is expected of him. Even Malsini would have given us a solid contribution like Billy had he a Thiago next to him and few games to play. And now 2 more KEY PLAYERS - Pirlo and Janku.

There is a reason though, both defence and attack are totally ineffective. I believe by bolstering these two areas then Gatusso and Flamini can concentrate on destroying, Pirlo can concentrate on playmaking, Kaka can concentrate on playing with the ball at his feet (Something he has avoided for a while, because hes busy tracking back after Ronnie or someone else) and Jankulovski can fly up the wings while satisfied Kaladze wont need him (Kaladze will be on the damn bench where he belongs, backup at best).

Every Milan success I have ever witnessed was built on a solid defence. Now we dont even have a defence and that is no exageration.

Lets not forget people on this forum used to beg for Carlo to play Janku as a fullback. He was pretty good too, until the defence he was in started crumbling. You guys honestly think Janku couldnt get in the inter team? It would start eith a chance and continue because the amount of running he does. Janku is a better player than Maxwell and more imprtantly he is settled in this side and plays with as much heart as anyone else in the squad.

So in a sentence, bring a world class striker and a world class centre back and watch Jankulovski fly.
In all fairness I won't hesitate to say that I wanted Janku as a LB when he first joined Milan and I thought he could be very good there. However, I will be the first to put my hand up and say I was wrong on that one, his defensive ability is too limited and tactically he makes far too many mistakes at LB. We just need to look at the last few years to know how mistake prone he is in defence. He's not a bad player by any means, but in defence he's a liability and I don't want others to have the added responsibility to make up for his weaknesses.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 28-03-2009, 19:13   #970

_MaJi_tz

Registered User
 
_MaJi_tz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Location: Tuzla(Salt City), BiH
Fave Players: Gennarinho Gattuso
_MaJi_tz is on a distinguished road
Edin Dzeko pure class....best player in tonight match Belgium-Bosnia and Herz. 2:4...he scored first gool and asist for 3th...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaep8VFdDMY
__________________



... 110 anni di storia, combatti per la gloria ...



Andriy Shevchenko - July 1, 1999 - May 26, 2006
_MaJi_tz is offline  
Old 28-03-2009, 20:59   #971

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
In all fairness I won't hesitate to say that I wanted Janku as a LB when he first joined Milan and I thought he could be very good there. However, I will be the first to put my hand up and say I was wrong on that one, his defensive ability is too limited and tactically he makes far too many mistakes at LB. We just need to look at the last few years to know how mistake prone he is in defence. He's not a bad player by any means, but in defence he's a liability and I don't want others to have the added responsibility to make up for his weaknesses.
The only left back we are linked to is Maxwell (No chance we would sign Cliche), who is no improvement in defending.

And guess what, the last remaining past it old ballondor winner Cannavaro suddenly looks like he will come to Milan. When are we going to rebuild our defence??
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 29-03-2009, 03:13   #972

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
The only left back we are linked to is Maxwell (No chance we would sign Cliche), who is no improvement in defending.

And guess what, the last remaining past it old ballondor winner Cannavaro suddenly looks like he will come to Milan. When are we going to rebuild our defence??
Who we are linked to doesn't dictate who we should rely at LB. I'm just saying Janku's defending has been awful and imo we shouldn't settle for such a weak link that's been costing us for years now, especially when we see how useful he is in midfield.

As for Cannavaro, whilst he won't rebuild the defence, as a backup option I wouldn't mind taking him (though whether he'll accept that role I don't know). We do need a defender to come off the bench as well as a new starter, and as we're not looking to spend huge funds, Canna may be a decent short term solution.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 29-03-2009, 05:31   #973

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Seems to me that if we get Cannavaro (I hope we don't) he wouldn't sign on for just one year (probably 2 or 3 years) AND he wouldn't accept a bench role as our 3rd choice as he's trying to remain #1 for Italy. Add to that the enormous wages we'll have to pay plus of course the fact that it's all a very short term solution (if a solution at all?!?) and we'd have ourselves a very poor transfer. Not to mention that we'll be the laughing stock of the football community and everyone will be talking about "the Milan Retirement Castle" - and I really HATE that.
Ceceves is offline  
Old 29-03-2009, 06:14   #974

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Firstly, clubs in EPL can keep their players even when they are relegated ...
Last season Reading relegated, Kitson (ST) and Nicky Shorey (LB) who were their main players moved on
When Shefeld Utd got relegated, Phil Jagiealka moved on
When Crystal Place relegated, Andy Johnson moved on
When mighty Leed Utd relegated, Alan Smith and Mark Viduka moved on
and there are several more examples.........
Sorry but you are wrong there


Quote:
Secondly, it's really weird, but when a club is relegated from the EPL, they almost always sell their players to EPL teams ... actually, it's not weird as they can sell them to a higher price than if they would sell them to other European clubs.
Well may be your rite, but say if ACM is interested in Roque Santa Cruz, then there are more chances of him requesting a move to San Siro than say Tottenhem or Aston Villa etc. Players own choice also counts in transfers, rite?

Quote:
To finish, I hope your post was a joke ?
The players I put in bold have nothing to do in Milan ... for the others, I don't know them enough or even I don't know them at all.
And Emerson, Sendros, Favalli, Kaladze, Ambrosini, Seedorf, $hevchenk0, d!da and even Beckham are good enough for ACM? On one side fans complain about the lack of depth and quality in ACM squad and then to say that these kind of players are not good for ACM does not make any sence.

Do you want this to be ACM 23 men squad?

Goalkeepers: Cech, Abbiatti, Kalac
Defenders: Nesta, Agger, Vidic, Bonera, Zambrotta, Zirkov and Dani Alvez
Midfielders: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Flamini, Gourcoff, Gattuso, Ribbery, Gerrard and C.Ronaldo
Forwards: Pato, David Villa, Eto'o and Torres

This is only possible in Fifa-2009

ACM do need good quality squad players in additions to our good players. I am not saying that all the players I mentioned should become a starter at ACM. There is a starting-11 and then there is a squad of 23. Some of them could become a perfect squad players at ACM. Specially:-

Damien Duff: This guy was a crucial part of Chelsea attack that ripped apart EPL teams an won 2 EPL titles. He can run more faster than all the ACM players except Pato and maybe Kaka. He can score 10 goals a season and how many goals Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambrosini and Janku (MF) will give you? He is injury prone, yes, but I won't mind him playing as a back up for Kaka and Pato. Plus he can give you the width, which ACM lacks some times. Definetly he can be a useful addition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKTQ9...eature=related

Roque Santa Cruz: Do you know that if Alex Ferguson had failed to sign Berbetov, then he would have gone for Santa Cruz, becasue he is that good of a striker. Why ACM want Aderbayor of Arsenal? Only because he scored some 25 goals last season? Guess what, Santa Cruz scored 23 (or 24) goals last season in the same league, but for a much much smaller team and less quality players around than Arsenal players. I saw most of the goals and TBH, Santa Cruz goals were much better. Plus Santa Cruz plays and scores regularly for Paraguay NT, who are at the top of WC-2010 Qualification Table of South America, which means he is the lead striker of a very very good National Team. Plus he can do what your highly ratted Serie-A player; Zlatan Ibrahimovic can't do and that is to go to Old Trafford and score against Man Utd. Any one who has seen Santa Cruz playing for last 1 year can say that he is twice as good as Marco Borriellio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GY7d...eature=related

Similarly
Bred Emerton is better than Emerson and Ambrosini
Robert Huth is better than Sendros, Favalli and Kaladze
MG Pedrson, Tunchai Sanli are better than Beckham and Seedorf
Afonso Alvez and Beni Mcarthy are surely better than $hevchenk0

Geo you should start watching some EPL matches. They are exciting as well.
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline  
Old 29-03-2009, 07:15   #975

kakacmilan best

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2008
kakacmilan best is on a distinguished road
We are in for Neymar and Keirrison:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...-and-keirrison
I think we should sign them plus GK+Santacoruce+CB+DE Silvestri+Zunga (from Siena)+Gorky+Meriga+Aculiani and Ben Sahar (From Chelsea I saw him yesterday and he have a lot of talent!!!)
kakacmilan best is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:31.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.