AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 08:38   #481

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
You actually think we're going to get this Neymar (sp?) guy? Keep dreaming.
"So, for my Brazil, it would be great if Neymar landed in a team like Milan and with a coach like Carlo. I can´t see we buying Neymar with our necessities, and his price, but it would be great for Milan, and of course for Brazil."


That´s what I wrote in my post, so, don´t understand why you said this...
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:49   #482

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by regin View Post
he's been very impressive for his NT..3starts one goal and 3 assist..

france was on a losing spree and he had his debut,ever since they look a different side..

i think he has mentally matured over the period..
Good to hear this, regin...I´m not following international football, so I appreciate the great news.

As I wrote above, my concerns with Gourcuff never was his talent, just he appears to be weak mentally. Like Gilla that was a bust here and in Italy NT, and scores a lot at a middle team...

I hope to see a new and full of confidence Gourcuff next year
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:04   #483

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by regin View Post
not to forget that its easier for neymar to get some playing in milan than any other club since they all got established stars..
the worry is madrid got a deal with his agent..
Yep, thats my worry...
When Neymar was 15yl, he almost became a Madrid player(he trained there for some days), but Santos President give the boy a HUGE contract and his father(ex-football player) thought it was a better idea to stay in Brazil.

Man, I really don´t want to see this boy at Madrid. They will throw him to the wing(or Bandas, as they said in Spain), and after the kid start to play inconstant, the rumor of Neymar at Parties, drinking and being unprofessional will surface...They always do this in Spain. Before was only with Brazilians, now even Snejder(sp?) is being labeled as drunker

Btw, they are so naive, that they will take Pelé´s praise for the kid as a real fact, and think(as with Robinho), that the boy will be the new Pelé. When for the one that saw Pele playing knows that their game are different, and that it´s impossible to reach Pele level...
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:14   #484

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by edysupriadi View Post
Thanks ! sorry for making you to review twice on T.Neves
Now, at least I know why he didnt improve at all when playing in Europe
No problem, edysupriadi
Feel free to ask more about any Brazilian player...some times I delay to answer, and remember it´s only a personal opinion(I can be wrong), but I really like this forum, and it´s a pleasure to finish with some myths(IMO) created by some Agents using Brazilian/European press

The amount of BS that I read in papers with the titles of "The new Ronaldinho, Robinho, Messi"...even "The new Pele"...ii´s incredible, and pathetic...
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:22   #485

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Actually, Gourcuff and Gilardino are two very different cases ...

Gilardino made an average/good first season alongside Shevchenko (not as good as what people waited for but he scored as many goals in one year as Pato, the difference is that Pato has more and more confidence and will still score because he has more skills), and the problem is that Ancelotti and more generally the club burnt him just in few months when Shevchenko left. Even if Oliveira was introduced as the replacement of Shevchenko, the player who played alone was Gilardino and it's what they shouldn't have done. His only role was to give the ball back to Kaka'.

Then, it was very difficult for him to come back to his level with no real reinforcement in attack, no player like Pato alongside him. Then Pato arrived, but it was too late, and Ancelotti decided to play Pato alone when he was fit anyway instead of using them together ...

So Ancelotti, the fans, and Gilardino himself are all responsible for his failure.

For Gourcuff, you're right, the problem was his mentality and it's clearly what said Ancelotti. But Gourcuff was young (he is still ) when he came and he wasn't really the leader of his former club (he was a sure starter but no pressure), so how could he have the right mentality to play in Milan ? But he is more mature right now, and this year in Bordeaux is exactly what he needed: earning confidence.
He has become the leader of Bordeaux in a role he never played before (he was a kind of left midfielder/winger before coming to Milan, he didn't have any real role in Milan, and for the first time in his career, he plays like a central midfielder/attacking midfielder), that worked, he has done things he never showed before, he has become, maybe not the leader, but for sure a future leader of the French NT too (the real leader is Ribéry nowadays).

So, we don't know if he will come back, but this year was/is for sure the step he missed by going directly in Milan after a middle-table club of Ligue 1, and he is now ready to play in a big club, I'm pretty sure about that, and I don't say that because I'm French (I criticized him in Milan and I'm not the biggest fan of the French players, you can find posts from myself about Nasri, Ménez, etc).

EDIT: And I'm totally off topic (was just a thought after the post #482).

Last edited by GeoTav; 03-04-2009 at 09:26.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:33   #486

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Actually, Gourcuff and Gilardino are two very different cases ...

Gilardino made an average/good first season alongside Shevchenko (not as good as what people waited for but he scored as many goals in one year as Pato, the difference is that Pato has more and more confidence and will still score because he has more skills), and the problem is that Ancelotti and more generally the club burnt him just in few months when Shevchenko left. Even if Oliveira was introduced as the replacement of Shevchenko, the player who played alone was Gilardino and it's what they shouldn't have done. His only role was to give the ball back to Kaka'.

Then, it was very difficult for him to come back to his level with no real reinforcement in attack, no player like Pato alongside him. Then Pato arrived, but it was too late, and Ancelotti decided to play Pato alone when he was fit anyway instead of using them together ...

So Ancelotti, the fans, and Gilardino himself are all responsible for his failure.

For Gourcuff, you're right, the problem was his mentality and it's clearly what said Ancelotti. But Gourcuff was young (he is still ) when he came and he wasn't really the leader of his former club (he was a sure starter but no pressure), so how could he have the right mentality to play in Milan ? But he is more mature right now, and this year in Bordeaux is exactly what he needed: earning confidence.
He has become the leader of Bordeaux in a role he never played before (he was a kind of left midfielder/winger before coming to Milan, he didn't have any real role in Milan, and for the first time in his career, he plays like a central midfielder/attacking midfielder), that worked, he has done things he never showed before, he has become, maybe not the leader, but for sure a future leader of the French NT too (the real leader is Ribéry nowadays).

So, we don't know if he will come back, but this year was/is for sure the step he missed by going directly in Milan after a middle-table club of Ligue 1, and he is now ready to play in a big club, I'm pretty sure about that, and I don't say that because I'm French (I criticized him in Milan and I'm not the biggest fan of the French players, you can find posts from myself about Nasri, Ménez, etc).
I read that Bordeaux were trying to buy Gourcuff;Channel4 I don't know how a club like Bordeaux usually acts in the transfer market, but i supose that you'd know a bit more about how likely this is??

About Neymar, I seem to remember his agent saying that he'd make a great partnership with Pato. Which would indicate that he'd be tempted to join us were we to make an offer for him. Anyways great to hear about the brazilian talents, keep it coming!
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:35   #487

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Brasiliero, you should be given some kind of a honorable medal of MM. But since we dont have it, I pronounce you the official MM scout for Brazilian market and the best poster I have ever seen in here With respect to the other posters I admire also ( Giancarlo, Carlo Ancelotti)

Aldough I can see you dont share the same passion against Carlo with me
ahahahaha!1
Thanks, my friend!!
Yep, I think Carlo theme is one of the few thing we disagree. I just want to see Carlo receive at least a real defense and new mids to see what happens.

I really don´t like his love for Seedorf...but every coach has it, a player that no one understand the why, a dose of stubbornness...every coach has that.

If next year Carlo receives his petitions, and don´t perform, I will agree his time in Milan is over ...


Quote:
Anyway, do not EVER apologise for your long posts We enjoy them. Even my brother, who is also a Milanista but doesnt do MM forum ( now trying to follow croatian league...the man's gone crazy ), wants to read the posts about Brazilian league. As the magic of football that heppens there is something special.

I'd like to inform you about players in here in Croatia in the same way, but there is no point right now. Its too sad to even watch and not to talk about it further.
Thanks one more time, my friend...and for your brother

But, as that some times I feel my posts are a little tedious, because I repeat some sentences a lot...

But there´s so much to write about players, and for to place emphasis in an idea with my level of English(to write), I need to repeat the same thing a LOT...

Glad you enjoy
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:00   #488

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Actually, Gourcuff and Gilardino are two very different cases ...

Gilardino made an average/good first season alongside Shevchenko (not as good as what people waited for but he scored as many goals in one year as Pato, the difference is that Pato has more and more confidence and will still score because he has more skills), and the problem is that Ancelotti and more generally the club burnt him just in few months when Shevchenko left. Even if Oliveira was introduced as the replacement of Shevchenko, the player who played alone was Gilardino and it's what they shouldn't have done. His only role was to give the ball back to Kaka'.

Then, it was very difficult for him to come back to his level with no real reinforcement in attack, no player like Pato alongside him. Then Pato arrived, but it was too late, and Ancelotti decided to play Pato alone when he was fit anyway instead of using them together ...

So Ancelotti, the fans, and Gilardino himself are all responsible for his failure.

For Gourcuff, you're right, the problem was his mentality and it's clearly what said Ancelotti. But Gourcuff was young (he is still ) when he came and he wasn't really the leader of his former club (he was a sure starter but no pressure), so how could he have the right mentality to play in Milan ? But he is more mature right now, and this year in Bordeaux is exactly what he needed: earning confidence.
He has become the leader of Bordeaux in a role he never played before (he was a kind of left midfielder/winger before coming to Milan, he didn't have any real role in Milan, and for the first time in his career, he plays like a central midfielder/attacking midfielder), that worked, he has done things he never showed before, he has become, maybe not the leader, but for sure a future leader of the French NT too (the real leader is Ribéry nowadays).

So, we don't know if he will come back, but this year was/is for sure the step he missed by going directly in Milan after a middle-table club of Ligue 1, and he is now ready to play in a big club, I'm pretty sure about that, and I don't say that because I'm French (I criticized him in Milan and I'm not the biggest fan of the French players, you can find posts from myself about Nasri, Ménez, etc).

EDIT: And I'm totally off topic (was just a thought after the post #482).
Don´t worry, GeoTav...as the "Major" of this thread I allow you to go "off topic

Now, seriously, great post. I agree with everything you wrote(but not 100% about Gilla)...and when I write about a Brazilian player that I think has all the tools to do good at Milan, this "leader of his team role", with the talent, is imo the most important thing.

As Brazilian players said here...you need to "kill a lion everyday" when you are a foreign player, because the press and people don´t accept nothing but excellency of a foreigner...So, the guy really needs to be strong mentally to play in other country and in a team like Milan.

Btw, don´t worry about being French and praise a French player. Often people think you´re being biased, but theres nothing you can do about this...

To be fair, that´s what I like about MM...people(the majority) really understand our points and don´t call us biased like in others forums...
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:10   #489

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Don´t worry, GeoTav...as the "Major" of this thread I allow you to go "off topic

Now, seriously, great post. I agree with everything you wrote(but not 100% about Gilla)...and when I write about a Brazilian player that I think has all the tools to do good at Milan, this "leader of his team role", with the talent, is imo the most important thing.

As Brazilian players said here...you need to "kill a lion everyday" when you are a foreign player, because the press and people don´t accept nothing but excellency of a foreigner...So, the guy really needs to be strong mentally to play in other country and in a team like Milan.

Btw, don´t worry about being French and praise a French player. Often people think you´re being biased, but theres nothing you can do about this...

To be fair, that´s what I like about MM...people(the majority) really understand our points and don´t call us biased like in others forums...
Actually, to be fair, I'd have to add that I only see 3 French players able to play in Milan nowadays: Flamini of course, Gourcuff, and Lloris (too bad we missed him last summer).

The others are not good enough, they don't play in a position that we need regarding the formations we use, or they just don't have the right mentality (most of the players in the French NT are arrogant for example, but anyway, it's maybe because they're French ).

Then maybe the likes of Clichy or Ribéry could be useful for us in the following years (for Clichy, if he becomes as good as people expect him to be, and for Ribéry, only if we change the way we play, but anyway, his head is going to explode since they call him Kaiser Franck in Munich), but nowadays, I just don't see them in Milan.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 18:37   #490

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the reply brasileiro, probably wasnt fair of me to ask you to evaluate a player you dont follow as closely.

About all these Brazilian and non Brazilian talents, it doesnt really matter anymore who we get. The supply has far exceeded our demand. Every next big thing seems to be followed by another 5.

I think the most important thing for clubs like Milan is to not get too desperate over a certain player. If we sign the next big hype whos game is most suited to what we need we will be fine. But if Galliani keeps getting players who are duplicates then we will go crashing out of Europe by better balanced sides every year.

About Gourcuff, I remember when he first came to milan, the guy was 'pure football'. He kept talking about being young and learning. He didnt realise that you cant take a break at Milan and Carlo really did not help. Martin Laursen recently gave an interview saying how terrified he was to make a mistake at Milan or you would ge frozen from the team. Imagine a young playmaker like Gourcuff. Carlo really needs to add a level of competition to the squad and the chance for palyers to prove them selves after mistakes. All of Gourcuff's recent interviews, he says how ready he is and this is shown by his France NT performances. If Carlo plays him and shos him trust Gourcuff should suceed.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 13:03   #491

gregapenny

Registered User
 
gregapenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
gregapenny is on a distinguished road
Brasileiro can you please tell me, what do you think about Mattioni. Is he any good?
gregapenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:19   #492

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregapenny View Post
Brasileiro can you please tell me, what do you think about Mattioni. Is he any good?
It´s impossible to say anything about this guy. He rarely played as a professional at Gręmio. I saw one game, just one game, and Mattioni did really well...but it´s was just one game and for some reason he didn´t played more in Gremio first team.

So, it´s a bet made by Milan...hope we can found a gem, and that he´s a good boy and hard worker. Because I have no doubt Mattioni is a project, and we will needs patience to see if it will finish good...
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:21   #493

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
It´s impossible to say anything about this guy. He rarely played as a professional at Gręmio. I saw one game, just one game, and Mattioni did really well...but it´s was just one game and for some reason he didn´t played more in Gremio first team.

So, it´s a bet made by Milan...hope we can found a gem, and that he´s a good boy and hard worker. Because I have no doubt Mattioni is a project, and we will needs patience to see if it will finish good...
The problem is that he is only on loan (with an option) ... we can use him but we don't, is he going to stay ? I have some doubts nowadays.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 16:29   #494

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
The problem is that he is only on loan (with an option) ... we can use him but we don't, is he going to stay ? I have some doubts nowadays.
Yep, I can´t see us buying him unless it is very cheap.
This guy needs to play more professional football to show if he can do it at a high level. Mattioni is skilled(as I saw in that game) but can he put it all together as a pro?? Only time will tell, and he doesn´t have much...

Btw, and changing the topic, I was watching Breno to play against Barcelona today, and remembered some discussion about Brazilians players(here and in a Brazilian footballs forum).

I wrote in the past(when rumors linked us to him, and all Brazilian press and supporters were praising him) that Breno was raw for Milan, because he only proved his game in a 3 man defense, and it´s easy to hide the flaws of a defender with three CB´s...and as I assumed, he is clearly raw to play right way in a big stage.

To be fair, in 2 years in Germany, Breno only played 4 or 5 games and thats hard for any player, and even more for defenders and goalkeepers. Said that, the boy has talent, but as I said in the past, I would(and will) take David Luiz of Benfica any day over Breno.

Man, I was bashed a lot at a Brazilian forum ...and the funny part was that the majority never saw David Luiz playing. Now I can see what I wrote happening on the field, and I will strike back

So my friends, be careful about the new "Brazilians pearl"(or Italian, French, Dutch...) as: T. Neves, Rafael Sobis, Dagoberto, Alex Silva, Carlinhos...

Theres so much promiscuity between Agents and press(wanting to sell papers), and I´m glad that our Board(Galiani, Braida, Leonardo) isn´t easily impressed by the "new" kaká, Messi, Robinho, Maldini, Daniel Alves etc...
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 00:00   #495

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Yep, I can´t see us buying him unless it is very cheap.
This guy needs to play more professional football to show if he can do it at a high level. Mattioni is skilled(as I saw in that game) but can he put it all together as a pro?? Only time will tell, and he doesn´t have much...

Btw, and changing the topic, I was watching Breno to play against Barcelona today, and remembered some discussion about Brazilians players(here and in a Brazilian footballs forum).

I wrote in the past(when rumors linked us to him, and all Brazilian press and supporters were praising him) that Breno was raw for Milan, because he only proved his game in a 3 man defense, and it´s easy to hide the flaws of a defender with three CB´s...and as I assumed, he is clearly raw to play right way in a big stage.

To be fair, in 2 years in Germany, Breno only played 4 or 5 games and thats hard for any player, and even more for defenders and goalkeepers. Said that, the boy has talent, but as I said in the past, I would(and will) take David Luiz of Benfica any day over Breno.

Man, I was bashed a lot at a Brazilian forum ...and the funny part was that the majority never saw David Luiz playing. Now I can see what I wrote happening on the field, and I will strike back

So my friends, be careful about the new "Brazilians pearl"(or Italian, French, Dutch...) as: T. Neves, Rafael Sobis, Dagoberto, Alex Silva, Carlinhos...

Theres so much promiscuity between Agents and press(wanting to sell papers), and I´m glad that our Board(Galiani, Braida, Leonardo) isn´t easily impressed by the "new" kaká, Messi, Robinho, Maldini, Daniel Alves etc...
I haven't watched Bayern Munich or Breno at all during this season, except for in Champions League, but to be fair, Bayern might have lost 4-0 tonight to Barca, but I didn't see anything that made Breno look particularly bad. Barcelona just seemed so extremly good.

I agree about our board's (Leonardo's ) scouting abilities... When it comes to signing players from Brazil, our club has been excellent.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.