AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-2009, 12:00   #1276

rinogattuso

Registered User
 
rinogattuso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Location: BiH
Fave Players: Rino,Ricky,Sandro & Pirlo
rinogattuso is an unknown quantity at this point
http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

This is call for Milan to get Edina Dzeko!!I'm sure 100% now..
rinogattuso is offline  
Old 14-04-2009, 12:44   #1277

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Nope you got it all wrong. You can say alot about Galliani and co., but they do control finances responsably. We don't have a penny of debt, which is mostly because we don't own our stadium, which is also why the English teams score higher on forbes' list etc. if the debt's from the stadium is subtracted they don't though.
Did you see the "richest clubs in the world" list?
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 14-04-2009, 15:48   #1278

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
Did you see the "richest clubs in the world" list?
You meen Forbes' list?? Forbes

The added value, aswell as the increased income, is due to them owning their stadiums. Try to subract the debt though, and you get a different picture. Milan could borrow loads of money aswell and build our own stadium, and that would probably put us on top of that list.
Christian is offline  
Old 14-04-2009, 17:54   #1279

Giorgos

Registered User
 
Giorgos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: Greece,Thessaloniki (Macedonia)
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic
Giorgos is on a distinguished road
We lost Ribery was an excellent solution...
__________________
PAOK Thessaloniki for Ever....
Giorgos is offline  
Old 14-04-2009, 20:21   #1280

will4li

Registered User
 
will4li's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: nanxun , china
Fave Players: kaka pirlo
will4li is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by maslok

Huh, I'm not sure about Thiago Silva as a right back or Agger as a left back. I've never seen them on this positions and - in my opinion - it would be wasting their potential. I prefer moving Ignazio Abate to the right back. Then we have two right backs: Zambrotta and Abate and also two left backs: Jankulovski and Antonini.
I like the idea, abate has all the potential to be a great one,though he has lot to learn at this position.I prefer a world class genuine fullback;we don't have any,janku never was,and zambro is over his peak.

Also care about things going on felip mattioni,we are fighting for a CL place right now,fielding him at this moment would be a hard choice.so we would't get a close look at him in action and judge what quality in him.
__________________
ac mi is rolling
will4li is offline  
Old 14-04-2009, 21:20   #1281

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
I think we should definiitly look into shakhtar donetsk squad, players like Jadson, Fernandinho, Ilsinho, Srna, Wiliam all good players
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline  
Old 15-04-2009, 04:10   #1282

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by regin View Post
i dont think braida and leonardo are that stupid to scout barzagli in germany when they had enough of him in italy..
the barzagli thing is a smokescreen..
if they were in germany it must have been for dzeko..
Never know, Barzagli's an Italian international and we're in desperate need of quality defenders.

It could also be they were scouting Grafite, after all we're linked to him too.

I think it's most likely we were looking at Dzeko, but if the interview with his agent is to be believed he won't come cheap.

Either way, I have been watching Barca lately, and they play the football I would like to see Milan playing next season. It's a quick, high pressing possession game where movement is key. Eto'o is the leading forward, with Messi closest in support and Iniesta moving up the field to support and create.

Xavi plays centrally as a playmaker with Yaya Toure and Keita supporting in front of defence. A standard back four with Dani Alves and Abidal pushing forward as wing backs.

Now, for Milan, the equivalent would be Pato up front like Eto'o, with Kaka supporting him (a bit like Messi). Gourcuff returning would be there to take the creative role Iniesta has at Barca and Pirlo would play as Xavi does.

Flamini and Rino are two defensive midfielders that cover the defence like Yaya and Keita (both Flamini and Keita possess the qualities to push forward) and for wing backs we would have Zambro and hopefully someone new.

Whilst our differences to Barca would be to make adjustments to the qualities in our side, Barca play in a very similar way to what I hope to see us doing next year.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 15-04-2009, 04:36   #1283

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiki View Post
my reason is because he's out of contract a.k.a. free...
besides, he just 31, still "young" for a goalkeeper. I'm not suggesting him to be our 1st GK, just a back up.

cheaper than dida, younger than kalac, more reliable than both, why not?

---

one more question (maybe I missed a post/topic or so), what happened with hurtado? Is he going to join us next season?
I've seen him play a couple of times and wasn't impressed, Kawiki. Dida and Kalac aren't impressive either but I think keeping them is a better option, especially if Galliani can make Dida receive a pay cut.

Anyway, about Hurtado, after one friendly game (I don't remember against who), it seemed that Carletto cs didn't think Hurtado is of Milan quality and some MM member here said that he ended up being signed by one of the MLS clubs.
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--

Last edited by Nalx; 15-04-2009 at 04:38.
Nalx is offline  
Old 15-04-2009, 05:12   #1284

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I dont think Milan will ever play like Barca and I dont think Milan needs to play like Barca. With all respect to your post which is an excellent idea.

But I consider Milan to be one of the few clubs that has its trademark in Europe. Ours is a defence and a football that kills the tempo and then strikes and win 1:0. I adore Milan coz of that.

First, above ALL, we need to fix the defence and make it class again. So our defence can play high up and our midfielders can play freely.

Years back we had a back 4 that practically didnt need a imdfield to defend the goal. Tomislav Ivic ( Im sure you people dont know who he is so...: He was a coach of Porto, Marseille, Ajax, sporting director of clubs etc. Close friend of many coaches like Wenger, Benitez, a tutor for Mourinho and Mou said Ivic is the best coach he learned from at Porto and so on...led Croatia in ferw games when we won in PAlermo vs Italy 1:2 but couldnt be a constant Nt coach coz of the Croatian president back then and so...) once said in one CL show that the real power of Milan is a defence of back 4 ( back then it was Maldini-Nesta-Stam-Cafu ) that can hold the line high up and can play 1 on 1 with anyone in the world and so our midfielder like Pirlo and Seedorf can move freelin and play higher and also Seedorf can go wider etc.

This team of Milan needs 2 dm's to cover all the space that the invalids in back 4 leave. Plus, we are completely unable to make the playing space smaller ( something L'pool did yesterday in the first 45min. ).

We now have 3 players that are able to play well in the back line: Zambrotta, Nesta ( pleeease be fit!!), Thiago. Lets not kid ourselves with Kaladze and Bonera, Marek etc.

If we want a serious defence that can play vs Chelsea, Barcelona...we need to invest in 2 defenders of highest class.

We play our football with players like Favalli, SENDEROS, Kaladze, Bonera, Marek as fullback, old Seedorf, immobile Pirlo, 19 year old forward... and we expect same results? Come on.

And, Braida was not in Germany to see Brazagli. He knows how Brazagli breaths, he was there to see Dzeko. I dont know what he saw, I havent STILL saw Dzeko in 90 min.

If we were somehow able to invest in Alex ( which I think is absolutly impossible! ) and one player that can also play LB but can defend great, we can do great things. Also we could have used Kaladze as a LB and he'd do 5X better then CB, but our coach is a clown.

We now want Mexes coz the man is pretty or something? He is ok, but he is not top class! NOT TOP CLASS!
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau

Last edited by mrki; 15-04-2009 at 05:16.
mrki is offline  
Old 15-04-2009, 07:11   #1285

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I dont think Milan will ever play like Barca and I dont think Milan needs to play like Barca. With all respect to your post which is an excellent idea.

But I consider Milan to be one of the few clubs that has its trademark in Europe. Ours is a defence and a football that kills the tempo and then strikes and win 1:0. I adore Milan coz of that.

First, above ALL, we need to fix the defence and make it class again. So our defence can play high up and our midfielders can play freely.

Years back we had a back 4 that practically didnt need a imdfield to defend the goal. Tomislav Ivic ( Im sure you people dont know who he is so...: He was a coach of Porto, Marseille, Ajax, sporting director of clubs etc. Close friend of many coaches like Wenger, Benitez, a tutor for Mourinho and Mou said Ivic is the best coach he learned from at Porto and so on...led Croatia in ferw games when we won in PAlermo vs Italy 1:2 but couldnt be a constant Nt coach coz of the Croatian president back then and so...) once said in one CL show that the real power of Milan is a defence of back 4 ( back then it was Maldini-Nesta-Stam-Cafu ) that can hold the line high up and can play 1 on 1 with anyone in the world and so our midfielder like Pirlo and Seedorf can move freelin and play higher and also Seedorf can go wider etc.

This team of Milan needs 2 dm's to cover all the space that the invalids in back 4 leave. Plus, we are completely unable to make the playing space smaller ( something L'pool did yesterday in the first 45min. ).

We now have 3 players that are able to play well in the back line: Zambrotta, Nesta ( pleeease be fit!!), Thiago. Lets not kid ourselves with Kaladze and Bonera, Marek etc.

If we want a serious defence that can play vs Chelsea, Barcelona...we need to invest in 2 defenders of highest class.

We play our football with players like Favalli, SENDEROS, Kaladze, Bonera, Marek as fullback, old Seedorf, immobile Pirlo, 19 year old forward... and we expect same results? Come on.

And, Braida was not in Germany to see Brazagli. He knows how Brazagli breaths, he was there to see Dzeko. I dont know what he saw, I havent STILL saw Dzeko in 90 min.

If we were somehow able to invest in Alex ( which I think is absolutly impossible! ) and one player that can also play LB but can defend great, we can do great things. Also we could have used Kaladze as a LB and he'd do 5X better then CB, but our coach is a clown.

We now want Mexes coz the man is pretty or something? He is ok, but he is not top class! NOT TOP CLASS!
mrki, I think you misunderstood when I compared us to Barca. I don't want us to play like Barca as such, this is an idea I've been thinking about since around the middle of this season (and back then I wasn't really watching much of Barca), when we saw Pato up front supported by Kaka and Seedorf behind. Had Seedorf been more consistent and our midfield more capable at running (back then we were sticking mostly to Beckham and Ambro with Pirlo), then we would have seen some great results. The few times Janku (a role which Flamini is making his own now) was put in midfield and we had a stronger runner than Ambro, we saw some great results.

I agree one of the club's trademarks has been a strong defence, which goes further back to our Italian traditions. This is especially an element I don't want us to lose either, because a good defence is key to success.

That's why I would rather we prioritize getting a top class CB and LB, than prioritize CB and CF and stick with Janku at LB, then we can look to press higher (similar to Sacchi's Milan) without fear of getting caught easily at the back. Players like Pirlo will get freedom to play closer to the attackers and imagine Gourcuff playing instead of Seedorf, with freedom to create.

Our inability to close spaces is because we don't stick to playing as a unit. Our players don't work together as a group, but instead as individuals. Sacchi's philosophy was to imagine the team tied by a rope, so as your teammates move, you're forced to keep tight and not leave spaces (some say he actually tied the players together in training).

So essentially I completely agree that we need to invest in our defence, and god forbid we have another season of putting up with Favalli, Senderos, Kaladze, Bonera, Marek as fullback and an old Seedorf in the starting lineup every week. I disagree about Pirlo and Pato though. Pirlo is immobile, but that's our tactical set up, and even Carlo acknowledged after the Italy games (where Pirlo was Italy's best player) that Pirlo gets more freedom with Italy. However, Carlo at the same time said he won't change Pirlo's role in Milan, and Pirlo will play in front of the defence. I argue it's not Pirlo that's the problem, but Carlo's stubborn tactics that compromise Pirlo's game. As for Pato, he may be just 19, but the guy is our best player for 2 years running, so simply cannot be dismissed.

About Barzagli, when I originally posted about him I was just saying the latest rumour. I'm quite aware we're most likely looking at Dzeko.

I agree about Alex (as you probably know my dream signing is Santacroce), though I wouldn't want Kaladze at LB. After this season I simply have no faith left in the guy. I'm not particularly keen on Mexes either, I think he's highly overrated.

Either way, getting back to my original point, whilst I used Barca as an example of how I want us to be set up next season, hopefully this post gives you an idea that I don't want us to lose our identity, and my thought process is very much based on Milan's (and in particularly, Sacchi's) philosophy of football.

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 15-04-2009 at 07:15.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 15-04-2009, 07:18   #1286

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Taiwio should be 1st choice lb, not midget clichy.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 15-04-2009, 08:36   #1287

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I dont think Milan will ever play like Barca and I dont think Milan needs to play like Barca. With all respect to your post which is an excellent idea.

But I consider Milan to be one of the few clubs that has its trademark in Europe. Ours is a defence and a football that kills the tempo and then strikes and win 1:0. I adore Milan coz of that.

First, above ALL, we need to fix the defence and make it class again. So our defence can play high up and our midfielders can play freely.

Years back we had a back 4 that practically didnt need a imdfield to defend the goal. Tomislav Ivic ( Im sure you people dont know who he is so...: He was a coach of Porto, Marseille, Ajax, sporting director of clubs etc. Close friend of many coaches like Wenger, Benitez, a tutor for Mourinho and Mou said Ivic is the best coach he learned from at Porto and so on...led Croatia in ferw games when we won in PAlermo vs Italy 1:2 but couldnt be a constant Nt coach coz of the Croatian president back then and so...) once said in one CL show that the real power of Milan is a defence of back 4 ( back then it was Maldini-Nesta-Stam-Cafu ) that can hold the line high up and can play 1 on 1 with anyone in the world and so our midfielder like Pirlo and Seedorf can move freelin and play higher and also Seedorf can go wider etc.

This team of Milan needs 2 dm's to cover all the space that the invalids in back 4 leave. Plus, we are completely unable to make the playing space smaller ( something L'pool did yesterday in the first 45min. ).

We now have 3 players that are able to play well in the back line: Zambrotta, Nesta ( pleeease be fit!!), Thiago. Lets not kid ourselves with Kaladze and Bonera, Marek etc.

If we want a serious defence that can play vs Chelsea, Barcelona...we need to invest in 2 defenders of highest class.

We play our football with players like Favalli, SENDEROS, Kaladze, Bonera, Marek as fullback, old Seedorf, immobile Pirlo, 19 year old forward... and we expect same results? Come on.

And, Braida was not in Germany to see Brazagli. He knows how Brazagli breaths, he was there to see Dzeko. I dont know what he saw, I havent STILL saw Dzeko in 90 min.

If we were somehow able to invest in Alex ( which I think is absolutly impossible! ) and one player that can also play LB but can defend great, we can do great things. Also we could have used Kaladze as a LB and he'd do 5X better then CB, but our coach is a clown.

We now want Mexes coz the man is pretty or something? He is ok, but he is not top class! NOT TOP CLASS!
I donīt know, my friend...
Bruce Buck(donīt remember the name) a Chelsea director, said that they will need to sell 4 or 5 players at the end of the season.

Imo itīs impossible to Chelsea hold Terry, Alex, Carvalho and Ivanovic for one more season. Three great defenders and one with great upside for only 2 spots?? Also, Chelsea fans(and board) are high on a CB youngster called Mancienne(sp?), and want him to play more...

Ivanovic wants to play more to develop his game...Alex already lost his spot at Brazil NT(Itīs said here in Brazil that Dunga tell him to goes to a team where it start)...and since Carvalho and Terry are legends at Chelsea, and Alex will enter in his final year of contract, I can see a Alex purchase more realistic now...

Btw, Brazilian players do crazy things to be in a World Cup, so even for a great professional like Alex, asking to be sell isnīt out of this world. Indeed, he already asked to a transfer in January concerned about his NT spot, but Felipão changed his mind...

About the second bold part:
As Iīm preaching for years in MM, Mexes is one of the most over hyped defender that I remember. Look, i never said that he was bad, it would be unfair, but thereīs no way this guy can be labeled a world class.

Mexes is a good defender, no doubt about that. But like what Iīm saying about Zapata since last year, I really donīt understand(but respect) the hype about this guys...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 15-04-2009, 08:59   #1288

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post

I agree one of the club's trademarks has been a strong defence, which goes further back to our Italian traditions. This is especially an element I don't want us to lose either, because a good defence is key to success.


Either way, getting back to my original point, whilst I used Barca as an example of how I want us to be set up next season, hopefully this post gives you an idea that I don't want us to lose our identity, and my thought process is very much based on Milan's (and in particularly, Sacchi's) philosophy of football.
A strong defence with a great attack and possession of the ball, ACMILAN1983

I got your point about Barca...We(with our particularities) really have some similarities with this Barca. In our best days(not only with Sacchi, but also with Carlo) we used to press the adversary a lot, and also to hold the possession of the ball for long time. This is the Barca secret, and what make their defense so good...

But to do this, a team need to have at least a good defense, and not the one(horrible) we have now. People forget we won a champions playing with three #10(Rui Costa, Pirlo and Seedorf) in our midfield, without to lose the Italian identity...

Imo, if our board give Carlo his wish(Alex) and a promise like Santacrocce...more a new MID and a healthy Nesta and Tiago, we can reedit that great football played some years ago(or against M. United) next season...

What make Milan different, is that we can mix a Italian way to defend, with a Brazilian way to attack. Right now, we can barely do the second
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 15-04-2009, 09:14   #1289

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
I really hope you're right about Alex Brasileiro. Alex/Thiago Silva would make a great CB-pair that would be able to suport the kind of high pressure football we should be playing, perhaps it will even be Brazil's CB-Pair for 2010. The only downside to signing Alex would be that he doesn't have an EU-passport, which would rule out a move for Dzeko, Zuniga, Maxwell, Keirrison, Hernanes, etc, but I still feel the CB position should have priority this summer, unless Nesta is sure to return to 100%, then we should priorities the LB(RB) position.

About Barcelona, I've been watching them all season, and I can only recomend everyone else to watch some of their games. The way they're playing at the moment is amazing, the first half in the first leg against Bayern, is probably the best football i've ever seen someone play, and I do agree that there are some aspects of their game that we could learn something from. Mainly the way their forwards put pressure on the ball, whenever they lose it. Whenever they lose the ball especially Henry, but also Eto'o and Messi put pressure on the ball imediatly, and coupled with a high defensive line, which leaves little space to play the ball out, this pressure usually results in a poor long ball so Barcelona can start up again. The difference between us and them at the moment, is that, first of all, our forwards especially Ronaldinho and Seedorf, don't put out the kind of pressure we need. Second, and more importantly, whenever we lose the ball, our defenders basicly run all the way back to our goal, making it impossible to build any kind of pressure, because there's simply to much space. This is mainly because they're so slow, so they're forced to stay close to our goal, cause they can't catch up with fast strikers.

The first step is to get a faster CB-pair, which we're thankfully working on, then we can start getting Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Pato or Inzaghi to put more pressure on the ball.

Last edited by Christian; 15-04-2009 at 09:15. Reason: Didn't see the second post,
Christian is offline  
Old 15-04-2009, 09:29   #1290

regin

Registered User
 
regin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Fave Players: anybody in red-black
regin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75 View Post
Taiwio should be 1st choice lb, not midget clichy.
i beleive taiwo doesn't have a EU passport..
__________________
"We may have not been able to get Figo, but we have been able to get a younger player and then, therefore, stronger in the long run: Ba!"..Galliani
regin is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:41.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.