AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-04-2009, 12:06   #1336

xvr11

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
xvr11 is on a distinguished road
I do not watch Roma in Serie A , but in champions league and ESPECIALLY for national team, AQUILANI performs terribly. Is Aquilani a good option for us when we expect running and "modern" football? Aquiliani doesn't have the speed and workrate needed to play as the outside midfielder considering we play Pirlo in the center of the midfield.
xvr11 is offline  
Old 16-04-2009, 13:28   #1337

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
As much as I'd like to see Alex here, I also would like to keep the core of the team Italian still. If our goalkeeper and 2 CB's are going to be Brazilian, where will our Italians fit in? Our 3 strikers are also Brazilian. Yes I hope Alex would come cause he is good enough, but I'd rather Santacroce.

Seems like we missed huge on Ribery. That guy is really really good and would have been the ideal replacement to take the left of midfield. He is more of the Gerrard type of midfielder that Kaka's been talking about.

and to those who think Pirlo should be gone along with Seedorf...I agree, but Pirlo isn't as bad as Seedorf. If we will have a new coach next year, then I say its only fair that Pirlo be tried out in somewhere new, or even at the bench until he finds some consistency. I am upset that Pirlo has been so inconsistent for Milan over the past few years and yes, we all know he's good enough, but comon how much longer could we wait for him to play well (but Pirlo's performance does depend on the rest of our players, so he should get another chance).

Brasiliero, over there in Brazil do you hear of Milan being interested in any Brazilian players? Alex, Hernanes, Kerrison?

Milan's policy for the summer is going to be focused on young players that have not hit the big stage yet, thats what Galliani (or Carlo?) said a few weeks ago. That means they want to go cheap. I think we should keep an eye on Fernando of Porto as he is the excellent all-round midfielder, he is better than Flamini. I do dream of Ribery but it isn't likely. I'd like to see Gourcuff back for the new coach to test out, and would like to see the end of Favalli, Kaladze, Janku, Emerson, Dida, Boriello (too injury prone), Seedorf and Ambrosini.

We really shouldn't have come to this, but because of our management's mistakes and poor decisions over the past years, we have to scratch and start from zero.

Last edited by hitmannq8; 16-04-2009 at 13:31.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 16-04-2009, 13:54   #1338

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
It's really difficult for Milan to mantain having WC (great) italian defenders since there are NOW only few great ones : Chiellini and Santacroce (probably future world class defender). The first one is (almost) impossible to get, the second one is surely very hard to take from Napoli. If Santacroce is ALREADY a WC defender, Milan could buy the defender easier even it will cost more money. But right now, Milan will think so many times to buy Santacroce if he is priced so expensively by Napoli.
Siregar is offline  
Old 16-04-2009, 21:34   #1339

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
As much as I'd like to see Alex here, I also would like to keep the core of the team Italian still. If our goalkeeper and 2 CB's are going to be Brazilian, where will our Italians fit in? Our 3 strikers are also Brazilian. Yes I hope Alex would come cause he is good enough, but I'd rather Santacroce.

Seems like we missed huge on Ribery. That guy is really really good and would have been the ideal replacement to take the left of midfield. He is more of the Gerrard type of midfielder that Kaka's been talking about.

and to those who think Pirlo should be gone along with Seedorf...I agree, but Pirlo isn't as bad as Seedorf. If we will have a new coach next year, then I say its only fair that Pirlo be tried out in somewhere new, or even at the bench until he finds some consistency. I am upset that Pirlo has been so inconsistent for Milan over the past few years and yes, we all know he's good enough, but comon how much longer could we wait for him to play well (but Pirlo's performance does depend on the rest of our players, so he should get another chance).

Brasiliero, over there in Brazil do you hear of Milan being interested in any Brazilian players? Alex, Hernanes, Kerrison?

Milan's policy for the summer is going to be focused on young players that have not hit the big stage yet, thats what Galliani (or Carlo?) said a few weeks ago. That means they want to go cheap. I think we should keep an eye on Fernando of Porto as he is the excellent all-round midfielder, he is better than Flamini. I do dream of Ribery but it isn't likely. I'd like to see Gourcuff back for the new coach to test out, and would like to see the end of Favalli, Kaladze, Janku, Emerson, Dida, Boriello (too injury prone), Seedorf and Ambrosini.

We really shouldn't have come to this, but because of our management's mistakes and poor decisions over the past years, we have to scratch and start from zero.
I heard some buzz here, but nothing to be take serious...
Neymar: There is a talk we are after him, but I really doubt. This boy is worth the hype, but his price will be outrageous. The big spenders will not want to lose another "Pato" type of young talent without fight...and I can´t see we spending this type of money with our actual situation and needs...

Keirrisson: I saw the rumor on the press, but as I wrote in "my thread", this boy is being over hyped. Look, his numbers(goals) are amazing, and he knows how to play, but I still didn´t saw this guy shinning as a Palmeiras player in a big competition. His best games came of Paulistão(São Paulo State championship)...didn´t play good (until now) in Libertadores or Brazil Cup.

You know that I hyped Pato after saw him playing just 3 games, as the boy was amazing against the best competition here. But I can´t say the same of Keirrisson. If I was Milan, Keirrisson would be on radar, but not for this year...

Hernanes: Tixi Begirinstain(sp?) Barca director(or vice-president?) was in Brazil some weeks ago to watch Keirrisson live...after that, goes to a São Paulo game to see Hernanes one more time, since he was here last year to see Hernanes playing. The word in the press(reliable), is that Tixi came to see Keirrisson, and fly to Spain even more in love with Hernanes...From what I know, Hernanes is a wish of Guardiola, and he isn´t a Barca player today, because São Paulo was with money last year, and asked for 25M(Barca gave 15M) to sell him. I know this year Sao Paulo will need to sell one player, so...

We have a pipeline with São Paulo, but I´m not optimistic with this purchase...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 16-04-2009 at 21:36.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 16-04-2009, 21:45   #1340

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
It's really difficult for Milan to mantain having WC (great) italian defenders since there are NOW only few great ones : Chiellini and Santacroce (probably future world class defender). The first one is (almost) impossible to get, the second one is surely very hard to take from Napoli. If Santacroce is ALREADY a WC defender, Milan could buy the defender easier even it will cost more money. But right now, Milan will think so many times to buy Santacroce if he is priced so expensively by Napoli.
Another amazing post, Siregar...
I know and respect the fact people want a Italian defense, or at least one Italian there. But the only realistic(but hard) option now is Santa...and the guy is clearly one for the future.

Fabiano is playing in a almost 3-man defense, and for the right. He´s almost a right back, and has much to prove in a 2 man defense that he will have to face at Milan.

I think that a defense of Fabiano and T. Silva would not solve ours problems of now. But I think Santa would be a great purchase...

Just my opinion...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 16-04-2009, 22:02   #1341

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt View Post
I fI am not mistaken Brasileiro meant that we can barely attack like Brazelians while we can't defend like Italians, so you both say the same thing.
Yep, hany.Egypt...It was what I meant...sad days
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 17-04-2009, 04:37   #1342

gregapenny

Registered User
 
gregapenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
gregapenny is on a distinguished road
I read today that Leonardo wants to bring Sao Paulo defender Miranda to Milan. Brasileiro is he any good?
gregapenny is offline  
Old 17-04-2009, 05:57   #1343

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Also, one more for our man from the Brasil :

We had a debate - can Thiago play as a RB if needed for Milan? Is he capable of doing so?

I was claming that he can be a RB and that he can interpret it well. We took into consideration that if Milan buys one more Cb and ( ?? ) Nesta gets well... So we create a backline with Thiago-Nesta-CB-Zambrotta-

Do you think its possible?

About Santacroce: We has some long discussions even before about him. There was always the 3-5-2 factor that I was trying to explain. A defender that can play so well in 3 back line is a versatile player. Im also sure that Milan could use him as a RB with Nesta-Thiago pairing etc. Aldough he is not world class NOW, it would be a shame to miss him. Even Pato said he was the best CB in serie a as far as he is concerned.

All in all, there will pass some time untill we can say we have a defence like we used to with players like: Baresi, Billy, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Stam, Sergio etc.

That is why we need to be carefull to have dinamic and modern midfielders in our construction of a team. If you dont have a back 4 that can hold the line itself you need to use a team as a unit.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau

Last edited by mrki; 17-04-2009 at 06:00.
mrki is offline  
Old 17-04-2009, 06:14   #1344

rinogattuso

Registered User
 
rinogattuso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Location: BiH
Fave Players: Rino,Ricky,Sandro & Pirlo
rinogattuso is an unknown quantity at this point
My opinion about our next mercato!! We will bring back Abate he can cover all right side he is freakin fast and that is number one rule for fullback.Whith him on right Antonini and sometimes Zambrotta who will go on left side to replace defensive comedy by Jankulovski and in any case if Ambrosini go away for us we would have left DM Flamini and Marek and right DM Gattuso and Mede di Nolce..

I belive in attack of the future by Kaka,Gorucuff,Pato,Dzeko.. and ofenzive bench Ronaldinho,Boriello,Inzaghi i ?? we need minimal 8 players in ofensive tasks.

Thiago Silva,Agger,Barberian from Tibilsi,Bonera (2 left,s right CB) Darminan..

We can go for Gourcuff and Dzeko for about 15 milion euros(that's funny) these two players in near future will cost min. 60-70 milion E.
rinogattuso is offline  
Old 17-04-2009, 08:36   #1345

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Well, to be honest, even if MIlan does not sign any new players beside GK next year, as long as they let go the Sinister Six; Dida, Kalac, Senderous, Kaladze, Emerson and Sheva; as well as the SlowDuo of Seedorf and Pirlo. Welcome back Gourcuff, Abate, Polashi, DiGennaro, and Oddo, promote Albertezzi and Darmian, and introdue T. Silva and Matteoni. I think thats enough for next year, given that they stay relatively healthy. Maybe we won't be favor to win CL and the league but I think it is a step forward then over the past years.

GK: Abbiati and two new keepers
RB: Oddo, Matteoni
CB: T. Silva, Ambrosini(a position I think he can do well in), Bonera, Albertezzi and Darmian
LB: Zambro, Antonini

RM: Beckham and Abate
Midfield: Gourcuff, Flamini, Cadacio and Gattuso
LM: Janku and Di Gennaro

AM: Kaka and Dinho
STK: Pato, Borreillo, Pippo and Polashi

Coach: Lets see what Carlo can do with this roster

To be honest, I thought this year will be the year where we rebuild due to no CL, but instead the team tried to hang on to past glory by keep using over the hill players.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 17-04-2009, 09:33   #1346

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Give this team to Carlo and we'll be 8th! And Oddo?????
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 17-04-2009, 09:44   #1347

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Come on that team is rediculess. You want to let go of Pirlo and keep Beckham? While counting on Di Gennaro and Abate to suddenly become world class? Not to mention Ambrosini as a CB, really, imagine the amount of penalties our oponents would get !

I know hating Pirlo is the new 'thing', but come on, let's be a bit reasonable. I'm all for self criticism, but not when it's not based on anything and picking scape goats all the time, without any real explanation is just not very classy.

I think everybody would like a younger Milan, and most of all changes. That doesn't mean that we should play every single player under 21 that we can think off, Di Gennaro and Abate are good, sure, they've done decent at their clubs this year, but come on, are they really good enough to be relied upon?
Christian is offline  
Old 17-04-2009, 10:56   #1348

rinogattuso

Registered User
 
rinogattuso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Location: BiH
Fave Players: Rino,Ricky,Sandro & Pirlo
rinogattuso is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Give this team to Carlo and we'll be 8th! And Oddo?????
You had said that right now(whit in row injured 8-9 players all season) Carlo have beter team:S:S:S You must kiding me..roffl
rinogattuso is offline  
Old 17-04-2009, 11:06   #1349

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Great list of good young players. Anyone available for us?

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...reignkids.html
Arildonardo is offline  
Old 17-04-2009, 11:43   #1350

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
If we bring in youth then Carlo has to go. He doesn't how to develop.

Abate & Di Gennaro would be a step up from emerson and es boy.

I hope we don't renew beckham for next season. Lazy player. Also janku should be sold. Frankly he's like Georgates from inert a few years ago. can't defend, poor crosser, terrible passer.

I don't think dida will go this summer, but next. Kalac has to go.

I'd sign Marchetti, Agger, Abate, Gourcuff, Di Gennaro, Paloschi, Dzeko, Mariga, Rossi (Parma). That list plus a super player (?) would be suffice. A midfield powerhouse or stellar striker, and leave Paloschi in Parma for one more year.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.