AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-2009, 00:34   #1366

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Pls, don't for one second think Galli is saint compare to Moggi as they are the same level, the only diff. is Moggi got caught and Galli did not.

As for having Moggi at Milan, well, thats interesting as on one hand he actually has a plan in how to develop the squad and actually sticking to it, and bringing in new talent players all the time, while on the other hand, he will sell Kaka and Pato if the prices is right.

One thing for sure though, changes are needed in Milan, if this team stay the same for next season, we will end up fighting for CL spot again instead of challenging INter for the League.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 01:19   #1367

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I DO think Moggi is talking about us, as I do still remember that mysterious meeting of Moggi and Berlusconi just before the Calciopoli.

And Mrki posted a wonderful post about Pirlo and Pippo. I really have had enough with Pirlo not putting in effort. I agree with ARIO, we need to kick out Carlo ASAP and let the new coach come in and set his foundations and whatever. Kicking out Carlo will result in other advantages such as kicking out Kaladze, Seedorf, Ambrosini and benching has-beens like Janku (a never been actually) and Pirlo.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 03:15   #1368

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
It's all about the system we play and how we utilize our players. Pirlo is an awesome player when utilized correctly. I think when we play teams that close down, we need faster players, wingers who can spread the play and create space---in this context, Pirlo is quite useless as his lack of pace doesnt help, and any pinpoint passes he makes only goes to the opposition. BUt, when we play big CL games against attack minded teams, Pirlo is awesome, we need him to dictate the tempo and connect defense to midfield and midfield to attack.

THe problem is that Carlo only seems to know one way to play----and that one way seems to include Pirlo and Seedorf regardless of their form or the opposition.
rt9 is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 03:16   #1369

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Now, with Moggi---what good could he do to our club with his tarnished reputation? I don't care if Galliani and co do the same, Moggi has been caught and convicted and anyone associated with him has suffered. I don't want to win some scudettos and then have them revoked due to offhand dealings of the general manager.
rt9 is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 03:26   #1370

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Why, why(???), even mentioning in the same sentence defensive duties of Pirlo and PATO?
That makes no sence in any context...

Also, lets see how many seconds Pirlo will sprint in the game, and how many he will jog on the field pretending to be a no.10. Pirlo has some brilliant games and moves, but he is not working hard for past 2 years in most cases and people got sick of him.

Of course Milan will not sell Pirlo, Im also against it. But everyone needs to deserve to play in first 11. He is not god, he is a player in nad shape. We'll not even mention Seedorf who is below all standards of modern football right now.
Firstly, you haven't read my post properly at all as I never mention the defensive duties of Pirlo and Pato, and more importantly, I'm not comparing them, but making the distinction that we shouldn't expect the same number of offensive moves from Pirlo that we do from Pato (who was an example) as they play completely different roles.

As for Pirlo not sprinting, I've said it before that it's due to tactics. I even cited Carlo admitting in an interview Pirlo get's more freedom with Italy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Ancelotti
"With the national team Pirlo plays in a different position than with Milan. In the match against Montenegro he had more freedom compared to his usual position. Seven years ago he proposed to play as a central midfielder and if he now wants to play in a different role I will listen to him, but Andrea is such an intelligent player that he would never ask me that. He has become the best player in his position and I think it's both his desire and mine that he continues to play in front of the defence.
I've bolded the parts where he clearly states how Pirlo plays with more freedom with Italy than at Milan where he's used in front of the defence. Tactically, Pirlo can't run as he doesn't have the freedom to do so. Against Cagliari, where he was given more freedom for once, he ran a lot more and often ran at opponents. In other matches, he will make a pass and if he's not in front of the defence for some reason, he will move back to that position immediately.

And Pirlo is not in bad shape at all. He's been one of our more consistent performers this half of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75 View Post
He didn't say anything about def duties. He was talking about how they move the ball offensively.

He did make a mistake in comparing their roles in that respect as Pato, bar Kaka is our main goal threat, and will therefore have more pressure on him when he has the ball, whilst Pirlo will only be pressured if an opponent is directly opposing, otherwise they'll drop off to fill in gaps.
Again, as I said to Mrki, I wasn't comparing Pato to Pirlo, I was making a distinction between the two. I said it so that people won't come back and argue "I did your test and Pirlo did so many progressive moves, but it's still nothing compared to Pato or Kaka who did this many more".
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 06:13   #1371

k7r

Registered User
 
k7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Fave Players: Il Capitano
k7r is on a distinguished road
Agree 100% with 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I don't see why you would want Leonardo. He's a completely unknown factor as a coach.

I'd keep Viudez and send him on loan (as with Darmian), and I wouldn't add Paloschi, I think he needs to develop by playing frequently.

I also wouldn't want Mexes in all honesty, I think he's very highly overrated and instead I would rather look to try and get Alex or even moreso, my dream CB signing would be Santacroce.

Also, I like the look of Hernanes, but I don't see where we'd use him. As for Benzema, I think he's out of our reach. Right now maybe Dzeko is more realistic.

We're currently linked with Barzagli, apparently we're looking to see how he's doing in Germany.
k7r is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 08:27   #1372

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
To Xvr11
Aquilani is one of the best midfilfers in Seria A not only in Roma, probably you did not notice that because you watch Roma only in the champions league (which I don't as I watch them in Seria A only) but keep in mind that those who doesn't follow Seria A used to say the same about Totti who is world class, the problem with Aquilani is that he is very prone to injuries so when ever gets fit and start performing he gets injured again and strugle again to reach his old form and so on.

About this endless discussion about Pirlo, to those who wants to get rid of him, I would like to ask 1 question why do you want to sell Pirlo and want to keep kaka? Both are underperforming at the moment and haven't performed well for roughly 2 years, if you want to be fair then sell both or keep both but selling one and keeping the other means you have double standards.

One last thing, so long as Italian defenders are not capable of playing for Milan then we have to go for forgine one and any talk about the Italian identity and Italian core will be useless as well as racist (at least its my opinion).
hany.Egypt is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 09:08   #1373

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
I personally feel with Valencia being deeply in the red Milan should offload Sheva and Seedorf and move for Silva and Villa.

Also I've always been one of the few to say that Carlo should stay but I just dont see the club going forward with him in charge.
Ghost is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 10:16   #1374

maslok

Registered User
 
maslok's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: Kalisz, Poland
maslok is on a distinguished road
Our only problem is that Carlo Ancelotti can't play modern football. We can't lead the game and play faster although we have got the best technical 2nd line and forwards in Serie A. We have problems with posession attacking. We need someone who can change our way of playing. Then we can change the weakest points in our squad. That's my point of view.

I hope, Abramovich will enjoy Carletto.
__________________
Grazie Leo!
maslok is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 10:26   #1375

Maevious

Registered User
 
Maevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: NYC
Fave Players: Giovanni & Marco Van Basten
Maevious is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by maslok View Post
Our only problem is that Carlo Ancelotti can't play modern football. We can't lead the game and play faster although we have got the best technical 2nd line and forwards in Serie A. We have problems with posession attacking. We need someone who can change our way of playing. Then we can change the weakest points in our squad. That's my point of view.

I hope, Abramovich will enjoy Carletto.
well said
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
FORZA OLYMPIAKOS!
Maevious is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 10:40   #1376

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hope, Abramovich will enjoy Carletto.
And sheva as well, amen.
hany.Egypt is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 11:12   #1377

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Jeff and ACMILAN1983, I will explain all the details and elaborate futher lately coz I dont have time right now at this mment. Just wanted to say sorry if I misunderstood some parts of your posts. That stuff oftenly happens in forums so people in the end talk different things.

Still I just want to say Im NOT for Pirlo's sale! But just for making him work harder and if needed benching him when Pirlo is not at his top. Coz when Pirlo is not on his top he creates problems to his team due to his fragile phisical presence in the middle of the field. When team is underperforminh Pirlo will not raise the team, but will fall down with it. He plays well when players around him play well. Someone compared Pirlo and Kaka's influence - dont do that.Etc...

I'll explain further in some other post.

P.S.

Moggi? Anyday as far as Im concerned. Agnielli bought games, Moggi was his employ. And Moggi is a genial football scout. Probably the best in the world.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau

Last edited by mrki; 18-04-2009 at 11:15.
mrki is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 14:04   #1378

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
No worry; one reason why that post of mine really sucks coz I wrote it in such a short period of time (in a rush)... it's ok even if you can't respond in a while...
Jeff is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 16:02   #1379

marcovb

Registered User
 
marcovb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Fave Players: Maldini,Van Basten,Kaka
marcovb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Still I just want to say Im NOT for Pirlo's sale! But just for making him work harder and if needed benching him when Pirlo is not at his top. Coz when Pirlo is not on his top he creates problems to his team due to his fragile phisical presence in the middle of the field. When team is underperforminh Pirlo will not raise the team, but will fall down with it. He plays well when players around him play well. Someone compared Pirlo and Kaka's influence - dont do that.Etc...

I'll explain further in some other post.

P.S.

Moggi? Anyday as far as Im concerned. Agnielli bought games, Moggi was his employ. And Moggi is a genial football scout. Probably the best in the world.

Exactly
and he is not the reason why Milan doesn’t play well all the time
He doesn’t have the same constancy like 2 or 3 seasons ago but he’s still an important player for Milan

I can’t say i agree on what u said about Moggi
But we don’t need him anyway couz we already have someone like him…
He just hasn’t been caught yet … LOL
marcovb is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 16:50   #1380

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
If anyone wants to see Keirrison and Neymar, Palmeiras is playing against Santos now.

http://atdhe.net/live-tv-6368.html
http://atdhe.net/live-tv-6371.html
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?ma...58&part=sports
Mystik is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.