AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-2009, 17:23   #1381

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
This is another interesting question that you raise, marcovb:

Pirlo depends on others to play well, but others also depends on Pirlo to play well (you can have Inzaghi, kaka` all running in front but no one sends the ball up, which happens when Pirlo is out).

It's really a matter of interdependence; again not fair to just speak of an individual.
Jeff is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 17:34   #1382

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
2nd Place Doesnt Matter to Galliani Cause hes a lunatic and doesnt want an automatic cl spot wish i could bash his bald head

and suprise suprise milan wont be spending big in the summer as usual

the current situation didnt have what it took to win the uefa cup never mind the champions league _

were screwed
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 17:37   #1383

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
I think with the new rules all the first 3 places are automatic spots. The only differences between third and second are the intangibles such as pride, morale etc.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl...id=788373.html

Quote:
...
• The 2009/10 access list has been changed according to the following principles: 22 teams (21 teams + the titleholder) qualify directly for the group phase instead of 16. The three national associations with the highest UEFA coefficient ranking will each have three teams who gain automatic entry to the group stage, with the countries ranked 4 to 6 in the standings having two automatic qualifiers and the associations ranked 7 to 12 having one.
...
Mystik is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 17:41   #1384

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
hmmm when you put it that way _ suppose 3rd isnt as bad as it seems
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline  
Old 18-04-2009, 20:01   #1385

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Who I would really get from Palmerias is Lenny, he is the man.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline  
Old 19-04-2009, 01:42   #1386

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Galliani acts disugustingly as our gm, but if we got moggi i'd seriously stop my support of Milan with Berlu in charge. moggi has robbed Milan of many titles since he's being involved in football sinc Napoli in 1990 onwards.

He's not a good scout as he cheats through gea or whatever their called to fix players destinations.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.

Last edited by Tony75; 19-04-2009 at 01:46.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 19-04-2009, 02:38   #1387

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
i would like to see Pirlo in a squad that never stops running... unlike our current walking Milan...

Just imagine a squad that's constantly moving, Pirlo is pretty much the only 'quiet' player, spraying passes left, right n center...

I think we'll see the real Pirlo then...
zafrul is offline  
Old 19-04-2009, 03:02   #1388

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
THats why I think Pirlo should play in the EPL, b/c almost all the teams there play a running game.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 19-04-2009, 03:36   #1389

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Jeff and ACMILAN1983, I will explain all the details and elaborate futher lately coz I dont have time right now at this mment. Just wanted to say sorry if I misunderstood some parts of your posts. That stuff oftenly happens in forums so people in the end talk different things.

Still I just want to say Im NOT for Pirlo's sale! But just for making him work harder and if needed benching him when Pirlo is not at his top. Coz when Pirlo is not on his top he creates problems to his team due to his fragile phisical presence in the middle of the field. When team is underperforminh Pirlo will not raise the team, but will fall down with it. He plays well when players around him play well. Someone compared Pirlo and Kaka's influence - dont do that.Etc...

I'll explain further in some other post.
I don't mind misunderstanding points, I just hope we're clear. If Pirlo isn't performing, then yes, he should be benched. But right now, he's not the first I'd look to remove from this team.

As for Pirlo not raising the team. Again, it's based on how we use him. In his current role, he has to rely on players around him moving into space as his primary job is to distribute the ball and dictate play. If the players aren't moving, which is pretty much the case in Milan for almost 3 years now, he has no targets to pass to and his game suffers. However, in 2002 he was the main reason we got into the CL for 2003 after some incredible performances behind the forwards. Without a doubt that season he did raise the level of the team.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 19-04-2009, 04:30   #1390

gregapenny

Registered User
 
gregapenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
gregapenny is on a distinguished road
Paloschi scored again for Parma. He must come back and compete with Borriello for starting eleven. And don't give that bull****, that he is not ready for Serie A. He was ready last year, when he immediately scored against Siena and he is twice as ready now.
gregapenny is offline  
Old 19-04-2009, 06:04   #1391

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Your wrong greg. none of our youth are ready. Even Antonini at 27 isn't ready as conf by seedorf and carlo a few weeks back.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 19-04-2009, 06:12   #1392

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I don't mind misunderstanding points, I just hope we're clear. If Pirlo isn't performing, then yes, he should be benched. But right now, he's not the first I'd look to remove from this team.
Well some things about some half-players are so obvious that I didnt even mention them. Players like Favalli, Seedorf, Senderos, Kaladze, Emerson, $hevchenko etc. are the ones that need to go first.

But Pirlo is being considered one of the best DM's in the world by some of the guys in here, and he plays below every standard. In fact I dont think Pirlo played more then 3 world class games this year, no matter who he plays with. That is NOT a normal behaviour of a player who is considered as good as Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso etc. Im just asking it to be fair: Pirlo sucks this year in 9% of cases, and we played our best football with Rino-Flamini-Seedorf ( See plays well in the beggining of the year before the idiot Carlo decides to play him in 60 games in a row and destroys his fitness condition ... ).

I now clame that Milan would play its best football next year with Rino-Flamini and Yoan in the middle. Pirlo can play IF he raises his movement level on the level he was 3 years ago. If not, I dont see why he would play. This is not a game of friends, its professional squad.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau

Last edited by mrki; 19-04-2009 at 06:15.
mrki is offline  
Old 19-04-2009, 06:39   #1393

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Actually a flat four of Gourcuff, Rino, Flamini, Kaka would be our best option for next season, esp if Kaka wants box to box players. Only Rino of that 4 would hang back a bit more.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 19-04-2009, 06:58   #1394

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Well some things about some half-players are so obvious that I didnt even mention them. Players like Favalli, Seedorf, Senderos, Kaladze, Emerson, $hevchenko etc. are the ones that need to go first.

But Pirlo is being considered one of the best DM's in the world by some of the guys in here, and he plays below every standard. In fact I dont think Pirlo played more then 3 world class games this year, no matter who he plays with. That is NOT a normal behaviour of a player who is considered as good as Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso etc. Im just asking it to be fair: Pirlo sucks this year in 9% of cases, and we played our best football with Rino-Flamini-Seedorf ( See plays well in the beggining of the year before the idiot Carlo decides to play him in 60 games in a row and destroys his fitness condition ... ).

I now clame that Milan would play its best football next year with Rino-Flamini and Yoan in the middle. Pirlo can play IF he raises his movement level on the level he was 3 years ago. If not, I dont see why he would play. This is not a game of friends, its professional squad.
I don't think we'll ever agree on Pirlo, so I guess we should just agree to disagree. I just don't particularly like the whole name-droping of players calling them poor thing.

Generally I think we need to give some credit where credit is due, and show some respect. Like Favalli as an eksampel. So many times have I seen him getting slamed on these forums, and I just don't think it's justified. I think we all can agree that he's no Daniel Alves as a full back, or a Baressi as a CB, but let's face it, he's performed WAY above what anyone was expecting from him this year. We shouldn't necissarily keep him, but we should show some respect to a player that for once is performing better than what we expect.
Christian is offline  
Old 19-04-2009, 07:03   #1395

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I respect Favalli ( Favalli was a grat player when he was young ) but he has nothing to do in Milan. Im sorry but that is truth. Galliani is planning to prolong his contract according to tottomercato...it just has no sence.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:30.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.