AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-2009, 15:27   #1546

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Sorry, what did you mean by that sentence? Who is Fabiano?

About David Luiz, do you know, around how much did Benfica pay when they bought David Luiz? I am afraid he is so expensive.
He meant that David Luiz is a better player than Santacroce (Fabiano) but it doesn't have to be understood in a bad way. To be clear, for Brasiliero, Santacroce is strong, and David Luiz is stronger than the strong Santacroce !!

Then, if I'm not wrong, David Luiz is older than Santacroce ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 23-04-2009, 15:27   #1547

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Central midfielder, so it's not really somebody we would really need. But I was just curious about him, cause he seemed quite good.
Christian is offline  
Old 23-04-2009, 15:29   #1548

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I'm often insomniac, so I think I'm going to try to watch sometimes Brazilian football ... just to see who will be the talents of tomorrow !!

What are the best teams to watch ?? The most entertaining ones ??
And when are the games played generally ??
GeoTav is offline  
Old 23-04-2009, 15:43   #1549

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
He meant that David Luiz is a better player than Santacroce (Fabiano) but it doesn't have to be understood in a bad way. To be clear, for Brasiliero, Santacroce is strong, and David Luiz is stronger than the strong Santacroce !!

Then, if I'm not wrong, David Luiz is older than Santacroce ...
No, I didn't ask about the sentece before the sentence in the bracket since it's very clear. I was only confused about 'Fabiano'.
Siregar is offline  
Old 23-04-2009, 15:53   #1550

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM1983
[Cech's] form has dipped a lot and I can't imagine he'd be cheap. We don't desperately need a new GK, so no, right now I don't want him for many reasons.
If Dida keeps up his steady play over the remaining six games, we're pretty much set in the GK department for one more season if Abbiati is able to return to full fitness. There are more pressing matters for us to deal with, especially the D.
Blacktop is offline  
Old 23-04-2009, 16:09   #1551

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
He meant that David Luiz is a better player than Santacroce (Fabiano) but it doesn't have to be understood in a bad way. To be clear, for Brasiliero, Santacroce is strong, and David Luiz is stronger than the strong Santacroce !!

Then, if I'm not wrong, David Luiz is older than Santacroce ...
Thanks, GeoTav, It was what I meant!
As I said, that wasn´t a bashing in Santa qualities, I rate him righ, but just to mean how high I rate David Luiz.

@ Siregar, Fabiano is the first name of Santacroce, a typical Brazilian name...and for me is more easy to write his Brazilian name
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 23-04-2009, 16:17   #1552

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I was reading comments from Cesare Maldini about us supposedly after Kjaer, and I found this quote really interesting.

Contrary to what we believe, this suggests Carlo has quite a large say in the players we get in Milan. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
If money is spent on them they better be at least ok, not to mention a player who has Serie A experience...think about it, I know we talk about it often here on MM, but it shouldn't be that difficult for a scout with inside info to judge how well a player can make the jump from mid-table to top within the same league. Carlo having power or not is moot if he then turns around and not give chances to the players. Management like Milan's have probably had 100 chances to look at players like Kjaer.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 23-04-2009, 16:23   #1553

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Brasileiro, what do you think about Diego Souza from Palmeiras? I watched a Palmeiras game a while ago, and he was all over the place in that game, I only cought the last part of the game, but at least in that part. Is he being linked with anyone in Europe, cause he seems like a great talent?
Christian, Diego Souza is playing amazing since the final of last year.

He come from Fluminense "farm"...Flu academy is one of the most prolific in Brazil. Marcelo, The twins of Manchester(Fábio and Rafael) are one of the last products. There´s also a forward #11(ian´t professional, maybe 16yold) that is amazing but I can´t remember the name.

Back to your question, you´re right, Diego is originally a CM, but that this year is playing in a more free role at Palmeiras. He was playing in a Seedorf/Gattuso(in our diamond midfield scheme) role last year, but wasn´t doing good. After Palmeiras to sell Valdivia( Palmeiras ex-offensive mid), Luxemburgo gave Diego a more advanced role and the guy blossom.

The guy has power, skills, stamina but is a little hot-head(ala Rooney). If I´m not wrong, he was bought by Benfica, but for some reason come back to Brazil. Imo is a guy that would have to be playing in Europe, but for some reason is still in Brazil...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 23-04-2009, 17:10   #1554

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I'm often insomniac, so I think I'm going to try to watch sometimes Brazilian football ... just to see who will be the talents of tomorrow !!

What are the best teams to watch ?? The most entertaining ones ??
Teams(players) to watch:
Internacional(best academy of the last 5 years), Players to Watch:
-Nilmar: Don´t know why he failed in Lyon, but this guy is amazing, I mean AMAZING. If it wasn´t for the 2 serious knee injure, He would be playing in a big of Europe.

-Tison(Second-striker,AMD): Generally play with #7...FAST, skilled and know how to score. revelation of the year...

Sandro(Defensive-Mid/Holder): Captain of under-20 Brazil NT South America Champions. Complete package in a style of Patrick Vieira. Look, I´m not saying he´s the new Vieira...He do Makalele job in Brazil NT, but with the style of Vieira. If I was Dunga, and with our lack of solution in this position, I already have called this boy to test him.

Giulliano(All purpose midfielder): Play in the style of Gerrard and Lampard, doing everything. Imo the most impressive player of the last South America under-20 Championship. Started to play in Kaká´s role, but can play in any spot but Mid holder. Only 18...but what a player!!!

Walter(CF): Big, Strong CF in the mold of Adriano. Not my style of CF(as Adriano wasn´t) But is also from Brazil NT nad as the others already is seen minutes at the first team.

To not go even more off topic, I will go to continue this in Kaká´s father thread...
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/sho...=20620&page=34

But keep and eye in São Paulo(Hernanes, Miranda, Arouca, Oscar), Cruzeiro(Ramires, Wagner, Bernardo), Santos(Neymar, Madison, Paulo Henrique)...Corinthians have some players but are boring to watch.

Best to watch: Internacional and Cruzeiro, period. So much quality and goes to Kill teams. If they can score 8 goals, they will do it!! Mostly Internacional, they are a joy to watch.


Quote:
And when are the games played generally ??
The games are played Wednesday/thursday night(8:00hs, 9:40hrs of Brazil), and in the afternoons of Saturday and Sunday(4:00; 4:30 and 6:00 of Brazil)
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 23-04-2009, 19:38   #1555

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
[quote=Brasileiro;528952]
Quote:
Teams(players) to watch:
Internacional(best academy of the last 5 years), Players to Watch:
-Nilmar: Don´t know why he failed in Lyon, but this guy is amazing, I mean AMAZING. If it wasn´t for the 2 serious knee injure, He would be playing in a big of Europe.

-Tison(Second-striker,AMD): Generally play with #7...FAST, skilled and know how to score. revelation of the year...

Sandro(Defensive-Mid/Holder): Captain of under-20 Brazil NT South America Champions. Complete package in a style of Patrick Vieira. Look, I´m not saying he´s the new Vieira...He do Makalele job in Brazil NT, but with the style of Vieira. If I was Dunga, and with our lack of solution in this position, I already have called this boy to test him.

Giulliano(All purpose midfielder): Play in the style of Gerrard and Lampard, doing everything. Imo the most impressive player of the last South America under-20 Championship. Started to play in Kaká´s role, but can play in any spot but Mid holder. Only 18...but what a player!!!

Walter(CF): Big, Strong CF in the mold of Adriano. Not my style of CF(as Adriano wasn´t) But is also from Brazil NT nad as the others already is seen minutes at the first team.

To not go even more off topic, I will go to continue this in Kaká´s father thread...
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/sho...=20620&page=34

But keep and eye in São Paulo(Hernanes, Miranda, Arouca, Oscar), Cruzeiro(Ramires, Wagner, Bernardo), Santos(Neymar, Madison, Paulo Henrique)...Corinthians have some players but are boring to watch.

Best to watch: Internacional and Cruzeiro, period. So much quality and goes to Kill teams. If they can score 8 goals, they will do it!! Mostly Internacional, they are a joy to watch.



The games are played Wednesday/thursday night(8:00hs, 9:40hrs of Brazil), and in the afternoons of Saturday and Sunday(4:00; 4:30 and 6:00 of Brazil)
Thank you very much !!
Sunday, there is Santos-Corinthians, I'll try not to forget and watch it ...

About Nilmar, actually, he didn't really fail in Lyon. He was a starter, I still remember his game against PSV in quarter-finals of the CL (the year we played against PSV in semi-finals) ... actually, Lyon should have qualified because, if I remember correctly, Gomes, PSV GK, commited a fool on Nilmar in the area at 5 minutes of the end ... that should have been a penalty, and if it was scored, Lyon was qualified. But the referee didn't whistle anything, and Nilmar even didn't contest the (non-)decision whereas the replays showed there was a clear foul of Gomes. He was still very young at this moment, I think he was around 19-20yo when he was in Lyon (and nowadays he must be 24-25yo ?) ?
Anyway, he left Lyon because he said he couldn't live in France anymore, and Europe more generally because Brazil and his family missed him. It's why I was surprised when I saw at the last mercato that one of the Italian clubs (can't remember which one) were near to sign him ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 23-04-2009, 19:57   #1556

will4li

Registered User
 
will4li's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: nanxun , china
Fave Players: kaka pirlo
will4li is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ceceves

Are you saying that because Senderos is willing to sit on the bench he's better than players who weren't? And Laursen is bigger than Senderos, and better at handling a "simple air ball game".
Laursen skinny is bigger than senderos? maybe all the dane think so.
__________________
ac mi is rolling
will4li is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 01:51   #1557

maslok

Registered User
 
maslok's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: Kalisz, Poland
maslok is on a distinguished road
One word. :)

Please, don't make a right back from Santacroce. Of course he can play. But do we need a player who [u]can[/b] play as a right back? Daniele Bonera also can play as a right back. Imo we should look after a player who has got abilities to playing brave in attacking zones. With all my respect for Santacroce - there are players who has got characteristics to do it better. I even prefer making right back from Mathieu Flamini or Ignazio Abate.

No offence. ;)

It's obvious that we need a striker and centre back. But if it goes about the rest, we should wait to the end of season. Then we will see who will be Milan's coach and what plan will he have.
__________________
Grazie Leo!
maslok is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 02:51   #1558

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
If Dida keeps up his steady play over the remaining six games, we're pretty much set in the GK department for one more season if Abbiati is able to return to full fitness. There are more pressing matters for us to deal with, especially the D.
That's still a big questionmark, but I'm happy to keep Dida as a backup. However, if he is to stay, I would only feel happy for him to stay if he takes a pay cut, as he's not worth the salary he's earning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
If money is spent on them they better be at least ok, not to mention a player who has Serie A experience...think about it, I know we talk about it often here on MM, but it shouldn't be that difficult for a scout with inside info to judge how well a player can make the jump from mid-table to top within the same league. Carlo having power or not is moot if he then turns around and not give chances to the players. Management like Milan's have probably had 100 chances to look at players like Kjaer.
That's a good point, but it's just we often here on boards about the argument that Carlo doesn't pick the players we buy. Truth is, Carlo not playing players is a different argument, but if I read that statement correctly, then he is pretty much getting the players he wants in the first place, making this whole argument that he gets players forced on him void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslok View Post
One word.

Please, don't make a right back from Santacroce. Of course he can play. But do we need a player who [u]can[/b] play as a right back? Daniele Bonera also can play as a right back. Imo we should look after a player who has got abilities to playing brave in attacking zones. With all my respect for Santacroce - there are players who has got characteristics to do it better. I even prefer making right back from Mathieu Flamini or Ignazio Abate.

No offence.

It's obvious that we need a striker and centre back. But if it goes about the rest, we should wait to the end of season. Then we will see who will be Milan's coach and what plan will he have.
Abate right now is an unknown quantity as a RB, so he really shouldn't be considered for the role until we've seen him playing it or he has developed his "skill set" to adapt to the role.

Flamini is an option, and Santacroce is another option depending on how we want to set up. Whilst Bonera hasn't looked too comfortable in RB at Milan (he had a period where he was brilliant, but never recreated those performances), Santacroce has performed the role to a high standard at Napoli on a number of occasions. On top of that, with all due respect to Bonera, Santacroce looks to be a better defender with the physical characteristics to better adapt to RB than Bonera (e.g. he's quicker, more agile and has better acceleration than Bonera).

The reason why I put Santacroce at RB in Fret's lineup is because it's a possibility and he didn't know who should be at LB. Personally, I'd play a different system to Fret completely.

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 24-04-2009 at 03:11.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 03:17   #1559

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will4li View Post
Laursen skinny is bigger than senderos? maybe all the dane think so.
It's not about nationality, it's about stating the facts: Laursen is (a little) taller than Senderos! Maybe Senderos is heavier - I don't know. I'm sure Laursen has a lower body fat percentage than Senderos, but is that a bad thing?

PS. I now see that according to some websites Laursen is a little shorter than Senderos , but really what matters is how how he makes use of those centimeters, and from what I've seen, he's more dominant in the air than Senderos.
Ceceves is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 03:38   #1560

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
About Dida, I hope he can regain his old performance 2002/03 til a couple of years later BUT we can't keep two very good GK (if Dida can regain his best performace and Abbiati can do like he had done this season) since their wages are high. Milan lost so much money in this sector. I am not talking about wages from our starters but our backup players.

If I am not mistaken, Dida earns now about 4 million euros per a year and this is a way too much for a backup GK (if Abbiati can take the first GK spot next season).

Serie A have already disadvantage with their very high taxes and Milan should really care about the players' wages managing. I am with management if they want to spend big money for our stars but not for the backup like Kaladze, Emerson (before he left Milan), etc. Big wages (with certain limit of course) for stars is a must if we want to keep Milan as a big club, if not we would be like Arsenal co. that can't keep their stars.

We can still fight with Barca (with current situation) for certain players even they could offer double wages than Milan can offer but still we have famous name for certain things that can attract players (warm family, Brasilian environment, CL's second best team, etc.) BUT not if we only offer 1/4 or 1/5 than Barca's offer for the player's wages.
Siregar is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.