AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2009, 08:33   #1576

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Personally, I dont give a **** about money stats. AC Milan has so much money that, as Beckham rightly sayd: "money is not an issue in here.".

Wages show that.

Only problem in Milan is that Galliani MISSED a LOT of transfers and a lot of money went nowhere. Our coach/medical/milanello in general also mistreated a lot of players and we missed CL so we lost more money etc.

AC Milan is one of the biggest clubs in the world together with Barcelona, MAdrid, Juventus, United... if we cant invest 50-60 mln in the summer like a big team to fix the tean that is apparently too old and not working well then **** them all.

Im not asking for 5 super star players, but for serious behaviour. 2,3 great players(Thiago is already here, plus one Cf and one more CB and Beckham to stay), Yoan and 2,3 young ones. New coach and serious work. That will not cost too much. Galliani said something like that will happen...

As it looks to me, we could be in the bid for Trez.
Maybe did he say that, but he also said he cut his wage to be able to play in Milan ... because the most important wasn't money but playing in Milan (so it's probably the same interview, you just cut the quote ).

Are you ok with Trezeguet coming here ?
Personnally, but I'm biased about it, I don't want ... I never liked this player (seems like I already said that about other French players !! lol). He can score, but it would take ages for me to be able to support him in our shirt (he would have to score 50 goals in his first season to help me to do it faster), and like he is 32, I think I'll never be able to do so ...

Last edited by GeoTav; 24-04-2009 at 08:36.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 08:50   #1577

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
It is official: the contract of Adriano in Inter is cancelled ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 08:59   #1578

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
No I dont want Trez in Milan. But the quality of this world class no.9 player is not as issue. He is an absolute killer.

Beckham cut his wage which is now probably like 5,6 mln and not 12

But trust me, if Berlusconi wants, money is not a question in ac milan. And I didnt cut a quote to change the meaning man. Im no politician
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 09:35   #1579

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
About all this money talk, we must remember that yes Berlu finances many times for the club, but he and the club are trying to become self sufficient (which is highly ambitious), rather than having a sugar daddy that won't be there forever.

More importantly, can someone provide a source for all this 50m euro talk? I would like to see the story properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslok View Post
ACMILAN1983, so sorry. I've though that you want to see Santacroce playing regularly as a right back.

If it goes about physical characteristics I can argue with you, but there is no reason to do it. What I would like to say is that I don't think that Santa is faster, but he's more lively and active than Bonera, who is static. But the main problem is - have you ever seen Santacroce's crosses? I haven't and we don't know how he can do it. Santa is very unpredictable in bad way of this word understanding.

Summing up - I'm against making a right back from Santacroce. It will be crazy option to buy player and change his role so much.

Let's wait to the mercato.
That's fine, I'm personally with you in that I want a decent wing back, not just a fullback.

As for comparing Bonera with Santacroce, neither of us can be sure who's faster, and really it's a needless argument. I haven't seen Santacroce's crosses, but when I put him at RB I wasn't necessarily looking at his attacking contribution.

One thing I disagree with, I don't think asking Santacroce to play RB is to force him to change roles because in Napoli he's frequently playing RB.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 09:52   #1580

maslok

Registered User
 
maslok's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: Kalisz, Poland
maslok is on a distinguished road
Writting "right back" I mean a man who play on the right hand side in the foru man defensive line. Napoli plays 352 for a long time, so there is no right back which I'm writting about. :) Santacroce - Cannavaro - Contini. There is a three man defensive line and there is no right back who is responsible for attacking by right or left wing.

I'm sure U know what I mean. ;)
__________________
Grazie Leo!
maslok is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 10:26   #1581

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
It is official: the contract of Adriano in Inter is cancelled ...
A shame what happened to him. We all know that wouldn't have happened at the right side of Milan

I know there's been a little talk about perhaps he could join us, but I'm 99% sure there's a clause in the deal that restricts him from joining a major European Club for some time.
Christian is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 10:42   #1582

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post

Thank you very much !!
Sunday, there is Santos-Corinthians, I'll try not to forget and watch it ...

About Nilmar, actually, he didn't really fail in Lyon. He was a starter, I still remember his game against PSV in quarter-finals of the CL (the year we played against PSV in semi-finals) ... actually, Lyon should have qualified because, if I remember correctly, Gomes, PSV GK, commited a fool on Nilmar in the area at 5 minutes of the end ... that should have been a penalty, and if it was scored, Lyon was qualified. But the referee didn't whistle anything, and Nilmar even didn't contest the (non-)decision whereas the replays showed there was a clear foul of Gomes. He was still very young at this moment, I think he was around 19-20yo when he was in Lyon (and nowadays he must be 24-25yo ?) ?
Anyway, he left Lyon because he said he couldn't live in France anymore, and Europe more generally because Brazil and his family missed him. It's why I was surprised when I saw at the last mercato that one of the Italian clubs (can't remember which one) were near to sign him ...
Thanks for the info, GeoTav!
Man, I hate when Brazilian players do this...Sure, sometimes itīs a real family problem that they donīt want to make public. But guys Like Viola, Marcelinho Carioca, Edmundo, Renato Gaúcho "closed" the market for years for Brazilian players...

At least the new generation are more professional.

Btw, the Italian club that almost get Nilmar was Palermo.

Regarding wage debate: I donīt agree with this "Dida must cut his wage" debate. This is not American Football or NBA with a cap room(so, if you arenīt performing or aging itīs natural thing to be cut or agree with a pay cut).

In our football isnīt natural to have wages cuts in big clubs...and in my opinion(you can all disagree), thats send a wrong message to free agents and possible purchases. Remember, when Dida earned this wage he was still one of the best in the business. Sure, one can say he receives a new agreement when he started to decline his form, but Dida didnīt put a gun on Galliani/Berlusca head to receive this contract.

Maybe our board thought at that time, that if Dida could stay health(like right now), he could be the same of the past, who knows??? But one thing is for sure, the guy never complained when Carlo send him to the bench, and from reports that I know is one of the most professionals players at Milanello. So, Dida isnīt a Adriano...

Pirlo in the last 2 seasons was far from the player we know(the injure was also a factor), and if we had competition in his position, or if he was a foreign(strong words ) he would had be benched. And I really doubt people would be claiming for a pay cut...

I know this is polemic, but a contract(for both parts) is a contract. It needs to be respected. Or if itīs not worth, brake it paying the rescission clause.

As I said, you can all disagree, and Dida helps the cause because his a malign(imo unfairly) person here, but IMHO this send a strong, wrong message for the world of Football. IMHO you need to respect the contract if the player is a real professional...

Letīs the "fight" begin
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 10:50   #1583

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
It is official: the contract of Adriano in Inter is cancelled ...
Hmmm as has been said, I am sure there is a clause preventing him from joining another European club...and to be honest, not sure I would want him in Milan...though I will admit he might be a better target than Trezeguet....
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 11:40   #1584

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
[quote=ACMILAN1983;528996 More importantly, can someone provide a source for all this 50m euro talk? I would like to see the story properly.[/QUOTE]


Are you referring to this? (calciomercato.com)

Milan 66 mln in meno senza Champions

18:10 del 24 aprile

L'assemblea dei soci del Milan ha approvato il bilancio 2008 chiuso con un fatturato di 237,9 milioni di euro e una perdita di 66,8 milioni di euro causata prevalentemente dalla mancata partecipazione all'ultima edizione della Champions League. L'amministratore delegato e vice presidente vicario, Adriano Galliani, ha spiegato che "mantenere un organico da Champions League senza farla ha fatto lievitare le perdite" e ha aggiunto che "questa proprietā non ha intenzione di avere perdite di decine di milioni di euro all'anno" come avvenuto nelle ultime due stagioni.
Maltese Charlie is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 11:52   #1585

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
One person (Berlusconi) using his personal money or not to compete we need money for transfers. You can argue that football transfers fees will fall because of this or that or you can try to reduce the wage bill to kind of compensate but at the end of the day to compete, especially on the European front, requires money. Without it you will be disappointed, any team might be able to be a surprise for one season but long term the chances are virtually nil.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 12:03   #1586

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Who do you think it's better option (from quality point of view) for our backup (not starter)?

If we can get one or two good-great CBs then we will play like : Silva-CB-CB-Zambro. Maximum we can only have 3 good-great CBs and we can't afford the backup for them are the same quality with them.
Bonera is much better option than Senderous and I will give a shot to Darmian and Albertezzi.

And what will Senderous do beside sitting on the bench and earn 2.5Mil a yr.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 12:06   #1587

gregapenny

Registered User
 
gregapenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
gregapenny is on a distinguished road
OK I think our board is making excuses and alibis in advance...

We are going be in the red even more if we don't start winning. So we should heavily invest in new players this summer and then have a quality team for let say five years that can compete and win trophies. With winning trophies the money would come and could again invest in new players. But with buying old players or not buying at all we are going to be in the red even more.
gregapenny is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 12:09   #1588

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
About wage cut, I think players should just accept the fact that if they are not performing they should accept a wage cut, just like when they are performing well, they always ask for a new and improve contract despite having 4 yrs left in the current deal.

Having said all that, it is no right and wrong here, it all depends on your pt of view. As a fan though, I think the MGT is stupid to offer great deals to older players(like over 32-3) as their performances is 90% likely to decline.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 12:26   #1589

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Hmmm as has been said, I am sure there is a clause preventing him from joining another European club...and to be honest, not sure I would want him in Milan...though I will admit he might be a better target than Trezeguet....
Firstly, I just wanted to rely the information here ... ^^
Then, as the contract is finished, there is no more link between Adriano and Inter !! I think ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 24-04-2009, 12:57   #1590

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Thanks for the info, GeoTav!
Man, I hate when Brazilian players do this...Sure, sometimes itīs a real family problem that they donīt want to make public. But guys Like Viola, Marcelinho Carioca, Edmundo, Renato Gaúcho "closed" the market for years for Brazilian players...

At least the new generation are more professional.

Btw, the Italian club that almost get Nilmar was Palermo.
You hate that ?? I can understand it ... if the guy is very attached to his family and if the family doesn't follow him in Europe, it just shows, when the guy comes back to Brazil to be near them, that money isn't the only thing that counts for these ones. Nilmar came from Brazil directly in Lyon, the best French club, so the following step should have been one of the biggest European clubs (Milan, Barcelona, MU, ...).

His main problem is that he is injury-prone, but if he wasn't, I would hope that we take him immediately as he is very complete.

A website gave the value (of course, they will be sold more for the ones coming in Europe) of the 10 most valued Brazilian players, playing in Brazil:
1: Hernanes (23yo) - 15M
2: Miranda (24yo) - 15M
3: Fred (25yo) - 12M
4: Keirrison (20yo) - 11M
5: Nilmar (24yo) - 10M
6: Ramires (22yo) - 8M
7: Douglas Costa (18yo) - 8M
8: Thiago Neves (24yo) - 7,5M
9: Dagoberto (26yo) - 6M
10: Bruno (21yo) - 6M

About Miranda, a French website recalls that he came to Sochaux and that he failed to play in Ligue 1 ...
GeoTav is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:37.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.