AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-2009, 11:31   #1651

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosoneri_11 View Post
I think Podolski is a big joke, tevez is very good, but Villa is a world class striker.
If you want a striker for many many goals Villa is the perfect.
Yep, my friend...Podolski has to much to prove in football.

Iīm not sold on in Villa...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 26-04-2009, 11:31   #1652

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
El Fre, itīs not a knock on you, Iīm just using your post because of the players mentioned, ok?

I really like to see Villa and Silva in a big of Europe(sorry to Valencia supporters), and out of Spain.

I want to see what they can do without the "protection" of Spanish press, or how they will coup with the pressure of being a foreign in another league. Spanish press always are "super kind" with local players, and they almost donīt face real pressure.

Besides the players that are in Liverpool(with a Spanish coach), I canīt remember one of this "no miss" Spanish player doing great outside Spain.
Well there's Fabregas - If he was what you'd call a "no miss" player. And Luis Suarez in the old days.

But there haven't been that many Spanish players who have played abroad because, much like Italian and English players, they have a strong league at home. And the Spanish media, to my knowledge, aren't more protective of their own players, than the Italian or English media.

And the whole "Spanish players can't succeed in Italy"-thing is exagerated. To me a large part of it is due to the players in question being average or at least not that good in the first place (like José Mari).
Ceceves is offline  
Old 26-04-2009, 15:26   #1653

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Fre View Post
No problem, Brasileiro.

You are right that there are players who were over-hyped and just can't cope with the pressure. Vargas is a great example, so is Gilardino, typical mid-table team players.

But, Villa and Silva showed in the Euro that they can play at the highest level and that the pressure isn't something they fear. So I think Villa especially can play anywhere in the world, including Milan.
Thanks to not take it as personal, El Fre...I wrote that because in the past I have a hard time here, quoting someone to talk about a general subject. The guy really take it personal...

Back to your post...Great point, El Fre!
To be honest, Iīm more a fan of Villa(despite not to be a believer) than Silva...
And Iīm really curious to see these guys playing in another country...maybe Iīm wrong, but I canīt trust them out of a "Spanish environment"...
Weīll see ...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 26-04-2009, 15:29   #1654

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
...and I have come to the conclusion that Balotelli is a big spoilt brat who I never want to see wearing our red and black colours. And to think he's this annoying and he isn't even world class...far less if he actually develops into a good player.
Mystik is offline  
Old 26-04-2009, 15:36   #1655

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
I agree about Balotelli, and Podolski, too.

It is ok if we keep Sheva and invest in Santacroce (even wonderful), I like this boy, Kjaek need more experience.

Keeping Beck and make Flamini a RB, the French's running is what we need, despite of his cross (we have Beck to do that).
Aficio is offline  
Old 26-04-2009, 15:52   #1656

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
I agree about Balotelli, and Podolski, too.

It is ok if we keep Sheva and invest in Santacroce (even wonderful), I like this boy, Kjaek need more experience.

Keeping Beck and make Flamini a RB, the French's running is what we need, despite of his cross (we have Beck to do that).
One part of the first bold sentence is not very good ... no, I don't write about buying Santacroce but about keeping Sheva. We need effective strikers for next year, especially as we will be back in CL !!

For Beckham, it will be hard to keep him as he has to come back in the USA until January and then he will be free to sign anywhere. If we have some trouble with injuries or if some players don't perform well, we'll have to offer him a contract as I think he will accept to come back. But if our midfield is magical again , then he will be useless and so we will have to "ignore" him.

For Flamini, he is still young (25 yo), he can improve. About his position, Ancelotti admitted that Flamini doesn't like playing at RB (and as far as I remember, it was the same for LB in Arsenal) but like he makes very good performances, he will probably still play there.

PS: I just hope that Flamini is not an idiot ... why ? An idiot would voluntary play bad at RB to play again in midfield !!
GeoTav is offline  
Old 26-04-2009, 16:04   #1657

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
...and I have come to the conclusion that Balotelli is a big spoilt brat who I never want to see wearing our red and black colours. And to think he's this annoying and he isn't even world class...far less if he actually develops into a good player.
I think the Inert environment plays a factor. There's often been an every-man-for-himself mentality over there with the riffraff on that squad. A complete 180 from us, for sure.
Blacktop is offline  
Old 26-04-2009, 16:06   #1658

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceceves View Post
Well there's Fabregas - If he was what you'd call a "no miss" player. And Luis Suarez in the old days.
How can someone call Fabregas a normal player?? Why the irony? Did I said that? FAbregas imo is amazing

Btw, just one player(didnīt saw Suarez playing) and he also had time to adapt. As I said, maybe Iīm wrong, but I canīt remember of more...
Quote:
But there haven't been that many Spanish players who have played abroad because, much like Italian and English players, they have a strong league at home.
And I donīt ask for many, just a few...despite the fact your point is right(about strong leagues), you have much more Italians that make a impact outside than Spanish players.

Quote:
And the Spanish media, to my knowledge, aren't more protective of their own players, than the Italian or English media.
Now I completely disagree. If you think opinions in Diario Marca, As, Mundo Deportivo and Sport arenīt more protective, I donīt know what to say. Heck, these papers opinions(regarding foreign players) are racist some times.

A guy like Raul would not get that protection in England, Brazil or Argentine. Or a player like Sergio Ramos will not be seen as a world class CB, or protected buy all his B.S. outside the field. For much less, guys like Robinho, Deco, Banega saw the hell in Spain...

England press(like Brazilian and Argentine) think their players are the best in the world, and that nobody canīt compete with them. But if you do not delivered, you will be bashed fast...

Quote:
And the whole "Spanish players can't succeed in Italy"-thing is exagerated. To me a large part of it is due to the players in question being average or at least not that good in the first place (like José Mari).
I agree that is exagerated(and I didnīt said that), but at the same time, the best player of Valencia some years ago(Mendieta) also failed and not only in Italy.

What Iīm curious to see, is one of these guys out of their comfort zone...maybe Iīm wrong, no problem with that, but imo they are not used to a rash treatment. Canīt wait for this moment, even if if they prove me wrong...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 26-04-2009 at 16:10.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 26-04-2009, 16:19   #1659

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
One part of the first bold sentence is not very good ... no, I don't write about buying Santacroce but about keeping Sheva. We need effective strikers for next year, especially as we will be back in CL !!

For Beckham, it will be hard to keep him as he has to come back in the USA until January and then he will be free to sign anywhere. If we have some trouble with injuries or if some players don't perform well, we'll have to offer him a contract as I think he will accept to come back. But if our midfield is magical again , then he will be useless and so we will have to "ignore" him.

For Flamini, he is still young (25 yo), he can improve. About his position, Ancelotti admitted that Flamini doesn't like playing at RB (and as far as I remember, it was the same for LB in Arsenal) but like he makes very good performances, he will probably still play there.

PS: I just hope that Flamini is not an idiot ... why ? An idiot would voluntary play bad at RB to play again in midfield !!

Hehe, with tight budget and the need for WC defenders, I can't think of any SC other than Trez, Sheva and Adriano.

I forgot about Beck's contract ^^ thanks. However, what if we'll loan him again

I know that Flamini doesn't like playing as RB, but it is hard to play CM when Rino and Max have higher priorities, and Flamini-Beck combi is exceptional good (I mean a bit strange ^^). His passing skill is good, his crosses could not be so bad (like Oddo).

Just an idea in the joyful mood. That will be Carlo (and Berlusconi) to decide, right
Aficio is offline  
Old 26-04-2009, 16:44   #1660

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Brasileiro, I wasn't trying to be ironic about Fabregas. I just meant that the fact that he left Spain as a 16 year old might make him a "special case" compared to others who left when they were in their prime - be they Suarez or Mendieta.

Regarding the media, maybe you read Marca etc. more than I do (and as I rarely read them, that's very possible ) but I don't recall any particular "protectiveness" that makes the Spanish media stand out. I think generally the media in all countries look more favourably upon their own players than they do on foreign players.

Anyway many players will struggle when out of their "comfort zone". Because of the different environment and the difference in terms of playing style.
Ceceves is offline  
Old 26-04-2009, 22:17   #1661

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
One part of the first bold sentence is not very good ... no, I don't write about buying Santacroce but about keeping Sheva. We need effective strikers for next year, especially as we will be back in CL !!
Sheva has been nothing short of completely useless for us this season. There's no reason why he should be kept around, considering that he basically came back to us with his tail between his legs.

Today he couldn't pay anyone to get him involved in the offense even though we were 3-0 up. Don't let sentimentality get the better of you here.

That being said, now I'll wait for someone to blast me for this post because I'm a Dida fan.
Blacktop is offline  
Old 27-04-2009, 01:40   #1662

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Good news about Agger. Apparently he turned down Liverpools latest contract offer, this could be a big step in getting him this summer. Also he keeps getting benched in favour of, what I see as inferior defenders, Skrtel and Carragher.

I would like him at Milan. He would fit our style of defence much more than Liverpools I believe, since we try to play a much higher defensive line than Liverpool who play very deep.
Christian is offline  
Old 27-04-2009, 01:50   #1663

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
Sheva has been nothing short of completely useless for us this season. There's no reason why he should be kept around, considering that he basically came back to us with his tail between his legs.

Today he couldn't pay anyone to get him involved in the offense even though we were 3-0 up. Don't let sentimentality get the better of you here.

That being said, now I'll wait for someone to blast me for this post because I'm a Dida fan.
Your wrong dida fan.

Seriously. What a waste of a striker spot. Paloschi or Vuidez I'm sure would've made more contribution to Milan this season.

He's been horrendous and if we sign him then next season will be another down the crapper like the last few.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 27-04-2009, 03:09   #1664

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Sorry Double post

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 27-04-2009 at 03:11.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 27-04-2009, 03:11   #1665

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
I also remember people claim here that to not go for Vargas was the biggest error of Milan Board. Well, since the season is finishing, now is time to tell: He canīt cope with Fiorentina pressure, I canīt even think of him in San Siro...
I think it's unfair to Vargas to judge him yet. He's struggled a lot at Fiorentina, but he's really started performing in recent weeks and is becoming the player we saw at Catania, so we may need to give him a little more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
For Flamini, he is still young (25 yo), he can improve. About his position, Ancelotti admitted that Flamini doesn't like playing at RB (and as far as I remember, it was the same for LB in Arsenal) but like he makes very good performances, he will probably still play there.

PS: I just hope that Flamini is not an idiot ... why ? An idiot would voluntary play bad at RB to play again in midfield !!
Truth is, I think Flamini is more prepared to sacrifice at Milan then he was at Arsenal. It seemed as though in Arsenal he felt unappreciated more than feeling he wasn't played in his favoured position. In the case we can't find a quality wing back for next season (it's difficult as there aren't a great number of options around), we may need to rethink our plans and look to keep Flamini for the RB role (he should remain there for the remainder of this season at least).

If that's the case, we'd need to look for a quality DM that can push forward (a little like Ambro in the last couple of games, but more consistent).
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:41.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.