AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-04-2009, 15:09   #1711

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
If it wasnīt the case, sorry Ceceves. I completely misunderstood your post

Maybe Iīm wrong, but since I read a lot of these Spanish(and Italians, English) Papers(mostly the opinions), It amuses me how unfair and sometimes racists are the Spanish(sports) press...

Btw, every time a bash a player here, the guy explodes in the next game: Cech was the first and yesterday Raul...

At least the most overrated defender of the last 4 years donīt let me down: Thank you, Sergio Ramos!!

As CB this guys was always a disaster, and Iīm not even talking about the amount of yellow and red cards. As a right-back he was great, but even that position he canīt play more...what happened to this guy??
Well, I'm glad we never signed Ramos, even though it was reported that Berlusconi was going to spend CRAZY money on him. Especially because it seemed we were going to use him as a CB where (as you said) he is...er...less than fantastic.

While his disciplinary record is atrocious I do rate him as a top RB, I just think his game is suffering from Madrid's very "scrappy" style. If he played for, say, Barca I'm sure he'd do much better (though not as well as Dani Alves). But in terms of positioning and general tactical awareness he'll never be as good as Maldini and the like, but - looking at the current state of fullbacks - who will?

EDIT: Brasileiro, is there any news on Felipe (our GK in Santos)? Is he playing at all?

Last edited by Ceceves; 27-04-2009 at 15:11.
Ceceves is offline  
Old 27-04-2009, 16:32   #1712

spina_don

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: USA
Fave Players: pato, Kaka, Essien, Julio Caesar
spina_don is on a distinguished road
Take a look at Santacroce vs Juventus...Hard core maine...I wish Milan signs him....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQDC...eature=related
spina_don is offline  
Old 27-04-2009, 17:31   #1713

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceceves View Post
Well, I'm glad we never signed Ramos, even though it was reported that Berlusconi was going to spend CRAZY money on him. Especially because it seemed we were going to use him as a CB where (as you said) he is...er...less than fantastic.

While his disciplinary record is atrocious I do rate him as a top RB, I just think his game is suffering from Madrid's very "scrappy" style. If he played for, say, Barca I'm sure he'd do much better (though not as well as Dani Alves). But in terms of positioning and general tactical awareness he'll never be as good as Maldini and the like, but - looking at the current state of fullbacks - who will?

EDIT: Brasileiro, is there any news on Felipe (our GK in Santos)? Is he playing at all?
Nothing new about Felipe...

Btw, itīs really true we buy him? I always thought it was a obscure purchase since there wasnīt repercussion here...

I have some connections with Santos people...so, I will try to get some information. But at least with the proīs he isnīt playing.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 27-04-2009, 17:50   #1714

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
Yeah





Do we need some petition ^^

Santacroce seems like a black Nesta to me, not only defensive skills, but also the professional attitude.

He used to play deep lying CB, which will cover well for T. Silva, who likes to attack (and Agger).

He is Italian/Brazilian, that is the advantage.
Hey, Aficio...heīs Brazilian/Italian and not Italian/Brazilian
He was born at 30KM of were I live, so...
Just joking.

Now, this is a guy that is performing against big competition. Sorry, but Iīm still to see Zapata play at this level(not only in Italy but also in South America)...
My 2 knock on Fabiano(Santa):

1- Heīs young and is playing in a 3 man defense. I donīt doubt his talent(itīs clear), but in Milan he will play in the center of defense, so It is another situation. Several defenders can overachieve in a 3 man defense, and we canīt to see the flaws of a good one...

2- Experience. Even with Nesta coming back, we canīt rely on him. He was injure prone over the last 4 years, and even coming back 100% healed, we canīt count on him all season.
Imo, a T. Silva and Santa pair in the paper are a amazing, but they are very unexperienced for Europe...and a bad start of the season can kill their confidence.

Sure, with Nesta at the center of this defense:

Santa---Nesta---Tiago---Zambro

I would be much more confident...

EDIT: Look, despite my knocks, Iīm not against the purchase of Santa(He, Alex, Hernanes or Ramires, would be my wish for next season), Iīm just not that confident with such a young defense.

Last edited by Brasileiro; 27-04-2009 at 17:53.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 27-04-2009, 23:41   #1715

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio
Santacroce seems like a black Nesta to me, not only defensive skills, but also the professional attitude.
Right. Does this include getting busted for DUI and fighting with a teammate during practice last month?
Blacktop is offline  
Old 28-04-2009, 02:03   #1716

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
Right. Does this include getting busted for DUI and fighting with a teammate during practice last month?

About drinking I think that's not a great problem, we can correct him well. The fight begun with a tackle from him, which made his teammate angry and overreacted, that's understandable.

It is far better than party-lover, lost form, no passion,...

I like his attitude on field, and how he is keeping his calm about transfer.

He knows well that there will be a great club signing him one day, no need to rush. Not like Kjaer: "I love Juve, Milan and Inter" then "MU is my dream".


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Hey, Aficio...heīs Brazilian/Italian and not Italian/Brazilian
He was born at 30KM of were I live, so...
Just joking.

Now, this is a guy that is performing against big competition. Sorry, but Iīm still to see Zapata play at this level(not only in Italy but also in South America)...
My 2 knock on Fabiano(Santa):

1- Heīs young and is playing in a 3 man defense. I donīt doubt his talent(itīs clear), but in Milan he will play in the center of defense, so It is another situation. Several defenders can overachieve in a 3 man defense, and we canīt to see the flaws of a good one...

2- Experience. Even with Nesta coming back, we canīt rely on him. He was injure prone over the last 4 years, and even coming back 100% healed, we canīt count on him all season.
Imo, a T. Silva and Santa pair in the paper are a amazing, but they are very unexperienced for Europe...and a bad start of the season can kill their confidence.

Sure, with Nesta at the center of this defense:

Santa---Nesta---Tiago---Zambro

I would be much more confident...

EDIT: Look, despite my knocks, Iīm not against the purchase of Santa(He, Alex, Hernanes or Ramires, would be my wish for next season), Iīm just not that confident with such a young defense.
I'm a bit overjoy by watching him, and I know the experience lacking disadvantage. However, both he and T.Silva are eager to play top matches, give them the chances.

Though I'm the most confident in five year (2004 lost in World Clup Cup PK and Deportivo tragedy was the beginning of my fear), in my opinion, next season could be our transitional point, be patient with CL dream. The Cap retired, Pippo last season, Kaladze and Bonera are injury-prone, Nesta in doubt, even if we buy another good DF like Agger or Mexes, Santa and Silva need need to be more favourite.

If we can't buy a RB, T.Silva and... Flamini is better than Santa, because both help the attacking well (they are and was midfielder). Santa used to stay deep.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/spiel...ungsdaten.html

60 matches, no goal, one assist, he should be a classic defender.

His YC/match ratio was high ^^

Knowing some weaknesses from him, I still place him the first on my list
Aficio is offline  
Old 28-04-2009, 02:09   #1717

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
Knowing some weaknesses from him, I still place him the first on my list
The problem is that you or I don't decide for example ...
I just made a research about Santacroce and I saw some articles with, apparently, official interest from Juventus and Barcelona. So I hope our management showed him some interest in private, and if it isn't done yet, I hope they will do it (not in medias as except R80 for years, we don't often buy the players we show interest in medias).
GeoTav is offline  
Old 28-04-2009, 02:46   #1718

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
Hehe, dude, Trez, Sheva, Morientes and Adriano are all WC Forward.

Trez is the best from them
WC=World Class not WORLD CRAP
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 28-04-2009, 02:58   #1719

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Fre View Post
I don't know. I've been thinking about our mercato and I came to some conclusions.

1.) A great central defender is a must. Although we all knew that, it is now crystal clear that our best defender is Maldini and he's leaving. A partner for Thiago must be bought and Agger could be the one. Santacroce is good, and has lots of potential but it seems unlikely Berlu and Zamparini will sit down together and trade. But if it happens, would be great.

2.) Gourcuff MUST be brought back and given first team spot on Seedorf's expense.

3.) Flamini should be made a permanent RB if we don't get a better one, which is again very unlikely since there are few that fit the description and don't cost too much. Of course, Daniel Alves is the best out there but is too expensive.

4.) I am not so sure anymore we need a striker. Our attack is the best in Italy even without Borriello. Pato, Borriello, Inzaghi, Viudez, Paloschi seems good enough with Kaka helping when necessary.

So all in all, a cheap mercato is possible.

Agger - free
Gourcuff - free
Santacroce - 18 mil???
Decent ideas, but a few points.

1) Santacroce plays with Napoli while Zamparini owns Palermo, so we wouldn't need to negotiate with him. I believe it'd be Marino and De Laurentis we'd negotiate with.

2) Yes, definitely.

3) Yep agree, that's something I posted about yesterday, so definitely agree.

4) I think we need a new striker to add depth and take Sheva's place. I don't think the striker needs to be WC though, just reliable and solid.

I think someone said that Agger can't be free, so no point in saying it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Well even after the win against Inter Napoli are still 12th, and FAR away from UEFA Cup football. Perhaps this could be the thing that could make this transfer possible. It seems like they'll probably be more keen on selling Santacroce than Hamsik or Lavezzi.

Although we still haven't been linked in any way with him, as far as I know, which is just to bad.
I was thinking the same about Santa. With Napoli struggling so much, they may be forced to sell if a good offer comes in.

We were linked to making a bid last January, but nothing since.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 28-04-2009, 04:02   #1720

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I dont know, but somehow I would like to see Flamini as a DM for us, together with Gattuso, not as a fullback. Aldough his role can change a lot and that is a great thing for us of course.

Im still all in for using Thiago as a RB if Milan buys new Cb and Nesta gets fit. Im confident he can play it, The man even played DM as I've heard, so looking at his caracteristics he can play as a fullback as well ( speed, passing, techniques, touch, shoot ).

Thiago-Nesta-Agger(?)r-Zambro-

That is a classical and serious defence ( Agger or Santacroce ). with Flamini + Rino in the middle, and Kaka' + one more box-to-box player to create 4-3-1-2 sistem like before. People tend to look at Flamini as a classical defensive midfielder ( like Rino ), but Flamini has extreme running potential and has variations in his playing habits so he is a player who is able to play vertically and not only horizontally as a DM. His shoot and speed in making wide runs also create a lot of space for players around him so we can say he is a CM more then a DM right now. We can use him in a final third of the pitch a lot more then Ambrosini, Gattuso... Pirlo is a different story, we need to ask him first does he feel like playing.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau

Last edited by mrki; 28-04-2009 at 04:07.
mrki is offline  
Old 28-04-2009, 04:22   #1721

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Nothing new about Felipe...

Btw, itīs really true we buy him? I always thought it was a obscure purchase since there wasnīt repercussion here...

I have some connections with Santos people...so, I will try to get some information. But at least with the proīs he isnīt playing.
Yes, obscure is the word - it's very hard to find anything completely reliable on his situation and us buying him. But from I've read we bought him last summer and let him stay on loan for a year. But if he's not playing, what's the point? It's a mystery to me....
Ceceves is offline  
Old 28-04-2009, 04:27   #1722

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
WC=World Class not WORLD CRAP

or We Can (mimic B.Obama), a little positive thought is good, man
Aficio is offline  
Old 28-04-2009, 05:21   #1723

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
That is a classical and serious defence ( Agger or Santacroce ). with Flamini + Rino in the middle, and Kaka' + one more box-to-box player to create 4-3-1-2 sistem like before. People tend to look at Flamini as a classical defensive midfielder ( like Rino ), but Flamini has extreme running potential and has variations in his playing habits so he is a player who is able to play vertically and not only horizontally as a DM. His shoot and speed in making wide runs also create a lot of space for players around him so we can say he is a CM more then a DM right now. We can use him in a final third of the pitch a lot more then Ambrosini, Gattuso... Pirlo is a different story, we need to ask him first does he feel like playing.
He is passing is not sufficient enough for a CM. As we have seen in previous game he has been great, but he can't cross.
Also, he is more physical than technical, either DM or full back position suits him best.
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline  
Old 28-04-2009, 05:26   #1724

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
It was a joke dude, take it easy.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 28-04-2009, 05:59   #1725

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
Flamini is not a full back,have you ever noticed the way he moves on the line,its abnormal..any wc dmc can play as a full back,but thats not the point..smb here said that daniel alves is his favourite rb,daniel alves is totally different to flamini,and all wc rbs seem to be more classy than flamini..

Thats because flamini's greatest ability is covering the space and passing the ball somewhere near to him..Flamini can be the best dmc in the world,for me he has qualities that even rino doesnt..i hope carlo wont do anything stupid,just because he wants to "fit players on the field",i m sure he wants pirlo-seedorf-dinho-even becks or ambro for next year's maybe starting 11..so flamini would fit on the rb,and yoan nowhere..
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"

Last edited by M.O.I.; 28-04-2009 at 06:10.
M.O.I. is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.