AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 21:02   #1981

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimono View Post
Pls I have 2 digress and forgive me for it people.

I heard that Juve are almost sure of Diego and I wanted to go on a juventus forum "juventuz".com to see the opinion of Juve fas but i suddenly discovered that u must be logged in 2 view the page now. It was not that way before. Im wondering if any Milan Mania members are members of the forum (i think mrki is if im not wrong)

Those managing the forum dont realise that a new person cant register on the forum because the 6 letters image that u need 2 put in does not show up when ur trying 2 register so it makes it imposible to register. If an member of this forum is also a member of their forum can u pls alert the managers of that forum.

I luv 2 follow the opinions of our rival fans so if somebody can help pls do!!!!!
I never go on rivals' forums but I think it's easy to think that Juventus fans are very happy to welcome Diego ...

As a Milan fan, I'm happy for them becayse Diego is a top player and Serie A needs to have top players in top teams again (and Serie A needs a strong Milan, a strong Inter, a strong Juventus, and maybe a bit less strong but strong enough to give problems to these 3 teams Roma, Fiorentina, Genoa, Napoli, Sampdoria, actually, historical Serie A teams).
GeoTav is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 22:06   #1982

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
[quote=slifersd;530038]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Good point, slifersd...
But any people that saw Thiago and Digăo playing, will never put both in the same sentence. Digăo was brought only to please Kaká. He did not even play for Săo Paulo first team. Thiago Silva was the best defender playing in Brazil(and South America best competition) the year he was brought...

Said that, imo we can´t put this pressure(Maldini heir) on him, because of his (lack of)experience. As I always said, the ideal situation was a more ready and world class defender to pair with him. Hope we can buy one...[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I was trying to say. Although he has yet to play a single game in Serie A, a lot of people are putting a ton of pressure on this kid to be special right off the bat. This pressure could very well screw Thiago up mentally and turn him into another Gilardino. What us fans and more importantly the management needs to realize is that he will take some time to grow into the special player that he has the tools to be. And we as a team needs another world class CB to take the load on defense rather than throwing him into the fire since day one.
I got your point, slifersd...
I just use your post to talk about the same thing. This heir thing isn´t good for any player coming to Milan.

The history of Maldini in Milan don´t give a chance to any player be labeled his heir. I can see a Nesta heir in the future, but not a Maldini, since there´s more in his history than just performances on the field.

What we need is a guy to create his own history in Milan, and as you said, take it easy with Thiago...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 22:17   #1983

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Thanks for the input! For me and alot of Europeans, I think, it's hard to say whats true and whats false about the latest rumours, because we dont' watch every game.

I agree on the thing about pointing out Maldini's heir, because let's face it, noone is ever gonna replicate Maldini. In honosty we've been spoiled to have Maldini replicate Baresi (who is one of the greatest ever), and have Nesta even remotly replicate Maldini.
I understand, and the agents know it too. Thats and a press avid to sell newspaper and sites visits, do so bad for South American players.

Look at Gago in Real Madrid. I watched he playing a lot in Boca Juniors, and when I saw the "New Redondo" or "Redondo´s heir" first pages on European sites, a feel sorry for the boy. So, he goes to Madrid(a black role for foreigners), and people thought they would see a real new Redondo.

Now you have a guy playing badly, but that in another club(or without this pressure to be the new Redondo), I have no doubt he would be playing good. He´s really a good player, but not the world class Redondo heir that his agent(and AS and Marca) sell to Europe.

But for the agent, the 20% is more important
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 01:16   #1984

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
Not to rain on anybody's parade here, but I would not take Maldini's comments too seriously. Maldini works for Milan and speaks for Galliani and Berlusconi just like every other player on this team. Of course he is going to glorify Thiago Silva because he is already signed. Just like what the management did to practically every other flop they brought in. As good as I think Silva is, I do not think he is special enough to actually be Maldini's true heir. This whole thing reminds me of what Nesta said a couple of years ago about how Digao (Kaka's brother) can be his heir. And we all know how that one worked out. Time will of course tell whether Thiago is good enough to be the new Maldini, but I wouldn't put too much hope into that scenario just yet.
What I understand from the news is Maldini didn't said that Silva will be his heir. He said only about Silva's quality. Silva the one said that something like he want to be Maldini heir or so.

We can actually see if Maldini only wants to make his boss (Galliani co.) happy or just to support his boss by watching Silva's play or is it really his pure view about Silva. What Maldini said about Silva we could see in the games (Milan friendly games or his games in Brasil and with Brasil NT).

What I have seen is only from his games in friendly games (Milan and Brasil) but even it's only from friendly games we could see that he has something to be good for Milan like for example the game vs Hannover when we played averagely as a team. From Brasilian games, he won the best player or defender or so (forget what kind of award he achieved). What I am trying to say is that he now has proved something even it's not in Italy.

Compare to Digao (which I never read Nesta said like that, I could miss that news), Digao had nothing except the fact that he is Kaka's brother. Even in a friendly game or Coppa game, he didn't showed anything special, only an average play. Huge difference between Silva and Digao in terms of the quality their have while they are/were in Milan.
Siregar is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 02:58   #1985

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Chealse's just ended Sheva's contract (they lost 7M pounds)

Hey guy, I didn't say anything
Aficio is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 03:37   #1986

rosoneri_11

Registered User
 
rosoneri_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: I'm behind you!
Fave Players: P.Maldini,Gattuso,Van Basten
rosoneri_11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Give realistic and available players to buy !! It's easy to say that mate, it's like saying the best solution would be to buy Chiellini and Santacroce, Alves, Essien, Gerrard and Torres, this way, we will be the best ...

Lloris: unlikely to move from Lyon because he only arrived last year !!
Akinfeev: unlikely to come to Milan probably because of his high price ...
Silva: all depends on our formation, but I think he could be a possible solution.
Villa: of course, he would be a solution for all teams in the world, but look at his possible price (more than 40M I think).
Eto'o: unlikely to come as I think he will stay in Barcelona and renew his contract ... anyway, we can't compete with English teams to have him and I don't think he is a friend of Ronnie.
Adebayor: said once again he would stay in Arsenal at 100% and doesn't want to leave, we are all upset with Spanish medias for their made-up stories about Kaka', but it looks like we don't care when some English-Italian medias do the same thing (less aggressive than the Spanish ones anyway ) for us.
Ibrahimovic: Inter player, Inter star player I mean, no way he comes nor wants to come ...
Milito: it's maybe possible if his price isn't too high, but anyway, why would he leave Genoa after one year only (he's the king there), and especially if his team can play the next CL.
Benzema: looking at his performances this season and the price that will be asked, and knowing that he said he will stay one more year and probably leave then in Lyon, I don't see him like a possible solution ...

Sorry mate, without any offensive, if then we can't buy players like Gerrad,Torres,Eto or Cristiano Ronaldo ok its logical for wich reasons.
Now if we can't buy available players for sell its unlogical because they are so expensive.If we say that this player is available for buying but is expensive, or and the other is available but is expensive, then we can't buy noone.We can buy some crap not needed stars and stay at the level we are right now, you can't creat a great team if you dont splash moneys.Ok i understood that we can't sign Buffon,Cassilas or Chech but we can't say we can't sign Akinfeev because he is expensive.Then what we will do? just stay looking him going to ManUtd,Chelsea,Real M, or Barca? thats idiot move.
Otherwise we can buy Wenger with 30 milions per year and let him find for us the best talents of the world.
For last i will say don't expect players like Eto,Villa,Silva or some other great players to be signed for 6 and 8M if we go with this thougts we are finished before the new season starts.
rosoneri_11 is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 04:00   #1987

rosoneri_11

Registered User
 
rosoneri_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: I'm behind you!
Fave Players: P.Maldini,Gattuso,Van Basten
rosoneri_11 is on a distinguished road
sorry double post.....
rosoneri_11 is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 05:31   #1988

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosoneri_11 View Post
Sorry mate, without any offensive, if then we can't buy players like Gerrad,Torres,Eto or Cristiano Ronaldo ok its logical for wich reasons.
Now if we can't buy available players for sell its unlogical because they are so expensive.If we say that this player is available for buying but is expensive, or and the other is available but is expensive, then we can't buy noone.We can buy some crap not needed stars and stay at the level we are right now, you can't creat a great team if you dont splash moneys.Ok i understood that we can't sign Buffon,Cassilas or Chech but we can't say we can't sign Akinfeev because he is expensive.Then what we will do? just stay looking him going to ManUtd,Chelsea,Real M, or Barca? thats idiot move.
Otherwise we can buy Wenger with 30 milions per year and let him find for us the best talents of the world.
For last i will say don't expect players like Eto,Villa,Silva or some other great players to be signed for 6 and 8M if we go with this thougts we are finished before the new season starts.
I'm sorry but I try to stay in the economical reality. In your list, if we splash money for one player, we won't for the others for example.

But I just don't see us spending 40M or more for one single player nowadays ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 06:35   #1989

rosoneri_11

Registered User
 
rosoneri_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: I'm behind you!
Fave Players: P.Maldini,Gattuso,Van Basten
rosoneri_11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I'm sorry but I try to stay in the economical reality. In your list, if we splash money for one player, we won't for the others for example.

But I just don't see us spending 40M or more for one single player nowadays ...
Then thats the difference of us with Inter,Barca,Chelsea,Man Utd and Liverpool they splashed the money and they have better team from us, its so simple.
I think the economical crisis means nothing for those teams, like last year they gonna splash again big moneys to make better their teams, instead of us keeping some finished players and trying to sign some not needed from other clubs or just pray Gorgy to come back and save our midfield or Pato next season to score 25-30 goals so we can say we are ok in attack.We have so many problems and we are trying to fix them with the wrong way.
If we don't make some good moves the new season will be exactly like this season A BIG NOTHING.
Without any offence mate Geo, im just writing all this with anger because i love our team and i want the best for her.
rosoneri_11 is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 06:37   #1990

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
What I understand from the news is Maldini didn't said that Silva will be his heir. He said only about Silva's quality. Silva the one said that something like he want to be Maldini heir or so.

We can actually see if Maldini only wants to make his boss (Galliani co.) happy or just to support his boss by watching Silva's play or is it really his pure view about Silva. What Maldini said about Silva we could see in the games (Milan friendly games or his games in Brasil and with Brasil NT).

What I have seen is only from his games in friendly games (Milan and Brasil) but even it's only from friendly games we could see that he has something to be good for Milan like for example the game vs Hannover when we played averagely as a team. From Brasilian games, he won the best player or defender or so (forget what kind of award he achieved). What I am trying to say is that he now has proved something even it's not in Italy.

Compare to Digao (which I never read Nesta said like that, I could miss that news), Digao had nothing except the fact that he is Kaka's brother. Even in a friendly game or Coppa game, he didn't showed anything special, only an average play. Huge difference between Silva and Digao in terms of the quality their have while they are/were in Milan.

I actually do not question the quality of Thiago Silva as I do think he is a very talented young defender who has a bright future. The problem, however, is that people (fans, Maldini and the management) have put an awful lot of expectations for a guy who hasn't played a single Serie A game. Pressure can work both ways in a young player's development, too much of it could very well destroy Silva's future the same way it did with Gilardino. Maldini's heir or not, the kid needs time and space to grow instead of being put into a spot of being the savior of Milan some people are making him out to be. Sure, he won the defender of the year (or whatever that title is called in Brazil) and starred for Brazilian NT, but that doesn't really say much about his success in Milan. Afterall, Roque Junior was the captain of the Brazillian NT for sometime and he sucked big time in Milan.

I am not really comparing Silva to Digao in terms of their capabilities but rather their situations. When Nesta made his comments, for reasons only he knows, he only tried to make his bosses happy. So, what is stopping Maldini from doing the exact same thing? Silva is a better player than Digao, no question about that, but is he really good enough to even be a starter for Milan by August, nevertheless the centerpiece of our defense? All I am saying is, give the kid his breathing room to grow into his own. And that means, sign another world class CB to carry our defense.
slifersd is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 06:53   #1991

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosoneri_11 View Post
Then thats the difference of us with Inter,Barca,Chelsea,Man Utd and Liverpool they splashed the money and they have better team from us, its so simple.
I think the economical crisis means nothing for those teams, like last year they gonna splash again big moneys to make better their teams, instead of us keeping some finished players and trying to sign some not needed from other clubs or just pray Gorgy to come back and save our midfield or Pato next season to score 25-30 goals so we can say we are ok in attack.We have so many problems and we are trying to fix them with the wrong way.
If we don't make some good moves the new season will be exactly like this season A BIG NOTHING.
Without any offence mate Geo, im just writing all this with anger because i love our team and i want the best for her.
I understand but I prefer seeing my favourite team struggling a bit in mercatos than seeing my team splashing money like if we were totally mad each year (Chelsea, soon Manchester City, Manchester United, Inter, sometimes Liverpool, Real Madrid). I mean, Platini and Blatter have the same opinion about something: the clubs have to be economically healthy. Do you think that the ones just above are ? The healthiest in these ones is maybe Inter ...

I think we will see in some years an European organization, a kind of European DNCG (French organization that must check each economical situation of clubs in France at the start and the end of the season, and when a team has a debt, they are simply relegated to a lower division). If that's the case, because most of the European countries want this to be created except England, all clubs with debts will be in trouble. So if that means that we will be in trouble for 3-4 years (bad results) but then will be able to still compete in the highest competitions (because we have no economical issue), I have to admit that's ok for me ...

PS: It's more a long-term vision actually I try to adopt ... if I only watched results, of course, I would want the club to spend money for the best players in each position ...

Last edited by GeoTav; 09-05-2009 at 06:56.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 07:01   #1992

El Fre

Registered User
 
El Fre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
El Fre is on a distinguished road
We are connected to Drogba once again.

Is he the solution for us? Short term solution, of course.

Pato-Drogba partnership?

What do you guys think? He probably wouldn't cost more than 15 mil pounds?
El Fre is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 07:54   #1993

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
I actually do not question the quality of Thiago Silva as I do think he is a very talented young defender who has a bright future. The problem, however, is that people (fans, Maldini and the management) have put an awful lot of expectations for a guy who hasn't played a single Serie A game. Pressure can work both ways in a young player's development, too much of it could very well destroy Silva's future the same way it did with Gilardino. Maldini's heir or not, the kid needs time and space to grow instead of being put into a spot of being the savior of Milan some people are making him out to be. Sure, he won the defender of the year (or whatever that title is called in Brazil) and starred for Brazilian NT, but that doesn't really say much about his success in Milan. Afterall, Roque Junior was the captain of the Brazillian NT for sometime and he sucked big time in Milan.

I am not really comparing Silva to Digao in terms of their capabilities but rather their situations. When Nesta made his comments, for reasons only he knows, he only tried to make his bosses happy. So, what is stopping Maldini from doing the exact same thing? Silva is a better player than Digao, no question about that, but is he really good enough to even be a starter for Milan by August, nevertheless the centerpiece of our defense? All I am saying is, give the kid his breathing room to grow into his own. And that means, sign another world class CB to carry our defense.

Agreed. But the word "young" does not quite suit, he is 25 now and is a man, not a boy anymore . I hope he's mature enough.


Quote:
Originally Posted by El Fre View Post
We are connected to Drogba once again.

Is he the solution for us? Short term solution, of course.

Pato-Drogba partnership?

What do you guys think? He probably wouldn't cost more than 15 mil pounds?

It is a good thing if we can buy him, his abilities and the price are OK. I could not find any important reason against it.
Aficio is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 08:23   #1994

johncharles365

Registered User
 
johncharles365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: london
Fave Players: maldini, flamini, shevchenko, leonardo, albertini
johncharles365 is on a distinguished road
to be honest i think milan is going to limit spending to about 35 million euros this summer, the transfers i would expect is a new cf, cb and a goalkeeper.

what do you reckon of drogba, it would mean the end of shevcenko in a milan shirt and also limit borriello playing time. i would prefer paloshci back in a milan shirt or maybe fred. In terms cb i think there are 4 candidates highlighted alex silva, puyol, mexes, milan shouldn't limit spending on a defender. The problem is Nesta is back in training and if fit for next season will dominate the cb defense role. for goalkeeper we just need back up for abbiati so kenemi or merchatti would be good.
johncharles365 is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 10:43   #1995

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
I actually do not question the quality of Thiago Silva as I do think he is a very talented young defender who has a bright future. The problem, however, is that people (fans, Maldini and the management) have put an awful lot of expectations for a guy who hasn't played a single Serie A game. Pressure can work both ways in a young player's development, too much of it could very well destroy Silva's future the same way it did with Gilardino. Maldini's heir or not, the kid needs time and space to grow instead of being put into a spot of being the savior of Milan some people are making him out to be. Sure, he won the defender of the year (or whatever that title is called in Brazil) and starred for Brazilian NT, but that doesn't really say much about his success in Milan. Afterall, Roque Junior was the captain of the Brazillian NT for sometime and he sucked big time in Milan.

I am not really comparing Silva to Digao in terms of their capabilities but rather their situations. When Nesta made his comments, for reasons only he knows, he only tried to make his bosses happy. So, what is stopping Maldini from doing the exact same thing? Silva is a better player than Digao, no question about that, but is he really good enough to even be a starter for Milan by August, nevertheless the centerpiece of our defense? All I am saying is, give the kid his breathing room to grow into his own. And that means, sign another world class CB to carry our defense.
Until now I haven't read any single comment from our players, Ancelotti or management that pressing him like Berlusconi did to Pato (that he could make 30 goals in 6 months). What I read is only some praises like Maldini said and Anceloti's comment AND NOT comments that he will be Maldini's heir, I never read it before.

As I said, Thiago Silva himself made such kind of comment (not same but similar enough) that he wants to be Maldini's heir or so. So, I still don't understand how Milan players, Coach, Management put a big pressure on him. About other fans say I dont care because they can't influence anything except in a game.
Siregar is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:56.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.