AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 13:02   #1996

gregapenny

Registered User
 
gregapenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
gregapenny is on a distinguished road
I remember some time ago there was a debate that there are not a lot of good left backs today... Well I just remembered two. First one is Adriano from Sevilla. In my opinion he is one of the most underrated players. My friend told me that he said in the press conference that there is a good chance of him joining Inter. Anybody knows anything about that? I also want to hear Brasilieros opinion about this guy...

The second one is Taiwo from Marseille...
gregapenny is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 13:04   #1997

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregapenny View Post
I remember some time ago there was a debate that there are not a lot of good left backs today... Well I just remembered two. First one is Adriano from Sevilla. In my opinion he is one of the most underrated players. My friend told me that he said in the press conference that there is a good chance of him joining Inter. Anybody knows anything about that? I also want to hear Brasilieros opinion about this guy...

The second one is Taiwo from Marseille...
Maybe Adriano is the most underrated, but Taiwo is the most overrated one !!
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 13:34   #1998

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
The games I've seen off Sevilla, Adriano has been very good. He's a beast going forward, but if I remember correctly, then he's not that good at defending. Question is what Inter want with Adriano. Don't they have enough LB's, with Santon, Maxwell and Cordoba(?).
Christian is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 14:55   #1999

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Gomez scored 4 today, against a top of the table team. I guess that in itself can trigger rumours.

"Mario Gomez hit four goals to inspire VfB Stuttgart to a 4-1 victory over Bundesliga leaders VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday. Wolfsburg were joined at the top by champions Bayern Munich who won 3-1 at Energie Cottbus"
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 15:09   #2000

El Fre

Registered User
 
El Fre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
El Fre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
The games I've seen off Sevilla, Adriano has been very good. He's a beast going forward, but if I remember correctly, then he's not that good at defending. Question is what Inter want with Adriano. Don't they have enough LB's, with Santon, Maxwell and Cordoba(?).
I think Chivu is more suited for that position than Cordoba, although they are both DCs.
El Fre is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 15:30   #2001

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
The games I've seen off Sevilla, Adriano has been very good. He's a beast going forward, but if I remember correctly, then he's not that good at defending. Question is what Inter want with Adriano. Don't they have enough LB's, with Santon, Maxwell and Cordoba(?).
Maxwell is going to leave, so they will just have Santon who can play on both sides (rumours are about Maicon possibly leaving for Real Madrid, but who cares about these rumours, so many players came to Madrid in medias but never in reality !!).

About Maxwell, if he could leave to Milan ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 15:32   #2002

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Gomez scored 4 today, against a top of the table team. I guess that in itself can trigger rumours.

"Mario Gomez hit four goals to inspire VfB Stuttgart to a 4-1 victory over Bundesliga leaders VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday. Wolfsburg were joined at the top by champions Bayern Munich who won 3-1 at Energie Cottbus"
I had planned to watch the Stuttgart-Wolfsburg game today, but I only had time to see the 2nd half. Although I mostly wanted to see Dzeko of Wolfsburg (who scored once) Gomez obviously stole the show. I know many have their doubts on Gomez because of his disappointing show at the Euros, but I feel he's has just about done enough to merit a move from Stuttgart. In the 2006-07 season where Stuttgart won the league he scored 14 goals and was named German footballer of the year. The next season he scored 19, and this season he has already scored 23.

If he was to be our big CF next season, I for one wouldn't mind. He would be expensive, sure, but so would Adebayor, who IMO isn't much better. Gomez barring he Euros hasn't had the chance to shine at the highest level (no offence to the Bundesliga) other than Stuttgart's sole CL campaign where the entire team was completely off-colour. Adebayor has constantly played in the CL, where he's had some brilliant games but also a lot of bad ones.

Last edited by Ceceves; 09-05-2009 at 15:34.
Ceceves is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 16:41   #2003

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
Chealse's just ended Sheva's contract (they lost 7M pounds)

Hey guy, I didn't say anything
here's the link from calciomercato:

Il Chelsea sarebbe pronto a pagare ad Andryi Shevchenko una cifra pari a 7 milioni di sterline in modo da onorare il suo contratto e chiudere anticipatamente l'esperienza del giocatore ucraino nei "Blues". Secondo quanto scrive il "Daily Mail", Roman Abramovich č consapevole di come un ritorno dell'attaccante rossonero a Londra possa risultare deleterio nell'ambito dello spogliatoio, preferendo quindi avallare una suntuosa buonuscita piuttosto di trattenere in squadra quello che era un tempo il suo pallino. Shevchenko, rientrato al Milan con la formula del prestito, č legato ai "Blues" da un altro anno di contratto, per un ingaggio pari a 140.000 mila sterline settimanali.


It's not official yet and I dont think Chelsea would want to waste 7m just like that

Last edited by hitmannq8; 09-05-2009 at 16:49.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 17:35   #2004

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Ancelotti:

ON THE TRANSFER MARKET
“Losing important players like Nesta, Borriello, Gattuso was penalizing for our season and also the absence of Kaka was felt, because without him we lose velocity, dynamism and unpredictability.

“The transfer market of next season will depend on Borriello and Nesta’s recovery. Our priority is that Borriello we must recover at 100%, because if he will be fine, then he will surely score more than ten goals next season.

“Mentally Nesta is serene and calm. Physically he is making small steps forward. We have time until August 31 to evaluate his condition. In the next days he will start to make some work with the squad and then during the summer he will have a specific program so then he can take part in the summer training camp with the squad. With Nesta and Thiago Silva the defence for next year is fixed.”

acmilan.com
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 17:48   #2005

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
About what Ancelotti: yes, he's totally right, with both Nesta and Thiago Silva (and Nesta would be the best partner for Thiago Silva to learn), our defence is fixed ... but for how long ? It will be fixed until Nesta is injured again ... of course, I'd like to see Nesta for a whole season, at least one last time, but it looks unlikely to happen, and how will he play after such a long and painful injury ?

He could use less his physical strenghts just not to be injured again, and of course, that would also have repercussion on his technical strenghts. What I mean is that he could be afraid to get another injury and could just not play well ...

About Drogba or Adebayor, if we have the choice, for these two guys, the one I would choose would be Dzeko or Gomez actually ... Drogba has a mentality issue (CL final last year + what happened against Barcelona), and Adebayor ... is Adebayor, I don't know, I'm not a big fan, even if in a good day, he is amazing, I don't really like this player.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 18:00   #2006

spina_don

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: USA
Fave Players: pato, Kaka, Essien, Julio Caesar
spina_don is on a distinguished road
I'm very sure that we'll get another defender b4 next season starts..A WC Centre back...
spina_don is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 18:08   #2007

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
I think we need three world class CB's in any case. As mentioned earlier, even with Nesta returning, he'll still be a question mark, because he's still so injury-prone. Thiago Silva still needs to prove himself, but I think that it has definetly been good that he's been with us for half a year when next season begins.

In any case, I don't trust Kaladze as a 3rd choice, and I'm not that impressed with Bonera either. In my opinion we should start to get Nesta's heir ready. Hopefully he has loads of good season in him still, but with his injury problems, it would be hard to imagine him going on until he's 40 like Maldini.
Christian is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 20:04   #2008

ARIO

Registered User
 
ARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2000
Location: Indonesia
Fave Players: The divine swan himself : MARCO VAN BASTEN!!!!
ARIO is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregapenny View Post
I remember some time ago there was a debate that there are not a lot of good left backs today... Well I just remembered two. First one is Adriano from Sevilla. In my opinion he is one of the most underrated players. My friend told me that he said in the press conference that there is a good chance of him joining Inter. Anybody knows anything about that? I also want to hear Brasilieros opinion about this guy...

The second one is Taiwo from Marseille...
Speaking about leftbacks.....with the trends these years gone by i dare to say that for LB Milan will end up with Fabio Grosso. experienced and big games fullback. he'll still come handy for at least 2 years.

and if Nesta still being a question mark until at least mid august, Milan will be forced to table a bid on Mexes of Rome. I guess if Borriello confirmed, we're going to buy no striker next summer. Maybe only the return of Paloschi. The backline is where the real problem lies
__________________
A Milan con Affetto.....
F O R Z A M I L A N - 2011/2012MARCHETTI;Abate,DAVID LUIZ,ASTORI,Vila;Thiago Silva;Flamini,Pirlo;Robinho;Pato,Ibrahimovic
ARIO is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 21:38   #2009

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Hey, everyone check this out!
http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/21...ampions-league

Appearantly, our average age is still too low to be experienced for the champions league. Boy, Galliani has really lost his freaking mind.
slifersd is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 21:53   #2010

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
Hey, everyone check this out!
http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/21...ampions-league

Appearantly, our average age is still too low to be experienced for the champions league. Boy, Galliani has really lost his freaking mind.
No offense but did you read the article (and not only the title) or did you just want to have a reason to say something about Galliani ?

Galliani says we need experience to be able to fight for the CL, and not a too young team (refers to Arsenal ?). It doesn't mean he wants new experienced players, he just explained why we keep some "old" people, like Maldini for example.
GeoTav is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:26.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.