AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 06:51   #4321

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Here's an English language report about the Benzema link:

Quote:
Benzema next on list as Milan up ante in Dzeko transfer stakes

Author: Andrew Allen
Posted on: 12 June 2009 - 11:08

AC Milan are apparently willing to test Edin Dzeko’s desire to move to the San Siro by hinting that they will bid for French international Karim Benzema if the Bosnian fails to hasten his exit from German side Wolfsburg. Both men have been heavily linked with summer moves with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona all mooted as possible suitors.

The Rossoneri are known to be admirers of Dzeko, the Bundesliga’s top scorer, but with his owners maintaining their desire to hold onto their prized asset it appears the Milanese hierarchy and fans are growing impatient as the £60m received from the sale of Kaka burns a whole in their collective pockets.

Speaking to Sky Sports Italia, Adraino Galliani confirmed:

"Wolfsburg responded to us, and although Dzeko is out first objective, we have two or three targets.”

Karim Benzema has repeatedly insisted that he is willing to stay at current club Lyon for one more season, despite the French club not qualifying for the Champions League. Eager to hold onto the 21-year-old before cashing in at the end of next term, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas confirmed this week:

“Benzema will leave Lyon next year. He doesn't feel like leaving in the season that leads to the World Cup.

Despite some resistance emerging, reports in Italy claim a €35 million bid from Milan will break Lyon's ball and chain hold on the striker. Previous reports have claimed the French side will accept nothing less than €50m. With Sir Alex Ferguson also flush with clash following the world record sale of Cristiano Ronaldo it is possible that a bidding war could ensue.
http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football...er_stakes.aspx
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 06:56   #4322

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK View Post
It's a shame we can't have both Hernanes & Dzeko, unless one of them has a secret EU passport somewhere.

A part of me still thinks we should wipe the slate clean and have 1 summer of mass changes rather than gradual tinkering that gets us nowhere. If Pirlo & Gattuso really want to go then let them. We could get £30 million for those two and considering their age that's a great amount. Donadoni is also calling Ambrosini so why not let him go to Napoli in deal with Hamsik.

Clichy, Maicon, Sneijder ... all players we could make use of.

I know we'd be getting rid of high profile players, but i think it's a time for new heroes and new leaders on the pitch.

Additionally, when did we let Mattioni go?

Welcome back Jim, not seen you in ages (here or msn). I would love both Hernanes and Dzeko, but it seems impossible. My hope would really be to get Dzeko immediately, and pave way for Hernanes' transfer for next season (get an agreement in place but agree to let him stay in Brazil next season).

I'm up for major changes, but I wouldn't let everyone go right now. I think consistency is important in the squad and trying to change too much in one go will put far too much pressure on Leo to try and get it all together in a couple of months.

Clichy I'd love, Maicon too, but I doubt Inter would sell. Sneijder's talented but I'm not sold on him tbh, would rather get Hernanes.

We let Mattioni go in the past week it seems (along with Sheva and Senderos). It was actually us not keeping them at the end of their loans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I think there is a way to sign both Dzeko and Hernanes, I read it somewhere.
Could you try to find out how? I read someone's post recently about there being possibly 3 Non-EU transfers in Italy lately (i think it was from milannews), but it was only reported there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
Don't forget about talented youngsters out on loan. The return of Abate will add a new tactical dimension to our team. He is a very good player. Also, Di Genarro will prove to be good back-up for ROnaldihno, who Galliani seems confident will play a major role next year.

Sorry, did i introduce myself. I'm Eric, and am obviosuly new to this forum!
welcome to the board Eric

I agree we must keep in mind our youngsters. I mentioned I want Abate back this summer in my post earlier and Di Gennaro is a possibility (especially if Seedorf leaves). Let's not also forget Paloschi who is currently in Parma (I think he should remain out for another year) and Antonelli (not sure how he's doing). Then of course Albertazzi will come through and there's Darmian, who really needs a year out on loan.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:02   #4323

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Welcome back Jim, not seen you in ages (here or msn). I would love both Hernanes and Dzeko, but it seems impossible. My hope would really be to get Dzeko immediately, and pave way for Hernanes' transfer for next season (get an agreement in place but agree to let him stay in Brazil next season).

I'm up for major changes, but I wouldn't let everyone go right now. I think consistency is important in the squad and trying to change too much in one go will put far too much pressure on Leo to try and get it all together in a couple of months.

Clichy I'd love, Maicon too, but I doubt Inter would sell. Sneijder's talented but I'm not sold on him tbh, would rather get Hernanes.

We let Mattioni go in the past week it seems (along with Sheva and Senderos). It was actually us not keeping them at the end of their loans.



Could you try to find out how? I read someone's post recently about there being possibly 3 Non-EU transfers in Italy lately (i think it was from milannews), but it was only reported there.



welcome to the board Eric

I agree we must keep in mind our youngsters. I mentioned I want Abate back this summer in my post earlier and Di Gennaro is a possibility (especially if Seedorf leaves). Let's not also forget Paloschi who is currently in Parma (I think he should remain out for another year) and Antonelli (not sure how he's doing). Then of course Albertazzi will come through and there's Darmian, who really needs a year out on loan.

DO you mean Antonini, not Antonelli? Yes, Antonini deserved his spot in the first squad due to Janko's inconsistency, but has been injured for a while. He is now just fully fit. Dissapointed at Mattioni's lack of playing time. If he returns to Gremio, it would be a waste.
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:08   #4324

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
Don't forget about talented youngsters out on loan. The return of Abate will add a new tactical dimension to our team. He is a very good player. Also, Di Genarro will prove to be good back-up for ROnaldihno, who Galliani seems confident will play a major role next year.

Sorry, did i introduce myself. I'm Eric, and am obviosuly new to this forum!
Welcome Eric!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I agree we must keep in mind our youngsters. I mentioned I want Abate back this summer in my post earlier and Di Gennaro is a possibility (especially if Seedorf leaves). Let's not also forget Paloschi who is currently in Parma (I think he should remain out for another year) and Antonelli (not sure how he's doing). Then of course Albertazzi will come through and there's Darmian, who really needs a year out on loan.
Abate is definitely a player with huge upside and tremendous speed, but do you guys think he's really ready to step in and play a major role for Milan?
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:11   #4325

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Welcome Eric!




Abate is definitely a player with huge upside and tremendous speed, but do you guys think he's really ready to step in and play a major role for Milan?
When Carlo was in charge, he said the only thing that was barring Abate's return was his non-suitability to the tactical system in place. If Leo has different ideas, and he will, then why not? Carlo was not doubting his skill, but his suitability to the team. Then agaain, Carlo doubted Gourcuff, which will prove to be a foolish decision!
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:14   #4326

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
When Carlo was in charge, he said the only thing that was barring Abate's return was his non-suitability to the tactical system in place. If Leo has different ideas, and he will, then why not? Carlo was not doubting his skill, but his suitability to the team. Then agaain, Carlo doubted Gourcuff, which will prove to be a foolish decision!
I hope you're right. If he's ready to be more than just a situational player he could provide a lot of pressure from the right side and would allow Milan to focus on building in other spots.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:17   #4327

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I hope you're right. If he's ready to be more than just a situational player he could provide a lot of pressure from the right side and would allow Milan to focus on building in other spots.
For the love of god i hope you are right as well! Blame me for being pessimistic, but i can hardly see Berlusocni bringing in many players apart from those on loan. He will treat these guys as new signings, as well as the returning Boriello. Chuck in Trezegeut/Toni, and you have a stuffed up transfer season! Okay, maybe i went too far!
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:29   #4328

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
For the love of god i hope you are right as well! Blame me for being pessimistic, but i can hardly see Berlusocni bringing in many players apart from those on loan. He will treat these guys as new signings, as well as the returning Boriello. Chuck in Trezegeut/Toni, and you have a stuffed up transfer season! Okay, maybe i went too far!
Silvio and Uncle Fester keep saying they will spend the money from Kaka on new players, so we can only hope they are smart enough to realize the opportunity that presents itself here. One thing that gives me hope is that they seem to value Leonardo's judgement. And there have at least been links to a lot of the type of players Milan needs (Dzeko, Benzema, Mexes, Hernanes, Miranda, etc.). They seem to be wanting to go in that direction rather than down the Trezeguet/Toni road.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:33   #4329

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
I have doubts about having Maranda. No racism involved, but Brazilians are not renowned for their defensive capabilities. Just one in Silva is enough I reckon. Get a Italian like Santacore to fill the hole.
I know Leo wants running full backs, so why not get an ace left or right back?
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:43   #4330

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
If Galliani was feeling extremely stingy, this would be the bare minimum that i would demand of him!

Buy us a young talented back-up keeper (perhaps Mandanda, Bruno of flamengo etc.)

Get us an experienced (late twenties) full back

Bring back all out on loan, and promote certain Primerva players.


That is all I ask. Anything else is up to you Galliani! Just don't buy old "champions," i beg you.
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:44   #4331

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
I have doubts about having Maranda. No racism involved, but Brazilians are not renowned for their defensive capabilities. Just one in Silva is enough I reckon. Get a Italian like Santacore to fill the hole.
I know Leo wants running full backs, so why not get an ace left or right back?
This will make me happy for this mercato:

- An ace centerback (Mexes, Santacroce, or Vidic)
- An ace fullback (We have Zambrotta for either side, so a left or right would be fine)
- A young, big center forward (Benzema, Dzeko, Adebayor) that we can get at a good price.
- Young midfielder with potential

After thinking about the Kaka transfer for a few weeks now, I could care less at this point. Real are loading that team so top heavy that their defense looks extremely vulnerable. I have no doubt that if Milan play the mercato smart and load up our defense, I would have no problem putting money on my Milan to beat Madrid head-to-head.

The big IF is whether or not Milan are going to play the market correctly.
MiamiMilanista is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:49   #4332

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
I have no doubt that if Milan play the mercato smart and load up our defense, I would have no problem putting money on my Milan to beat Madrid head-to-head.

The big IF is whether or not Milan are going to play the market correctly.[/quote]

Real Madrid: A group of champions doesn't necessarily mean a team of champions.

Yes, getting Vidic would be a dream, but i think you can wipe Adebayor off that list. He is far too expensive, and would demand excessive wages.

I am sure, with the addition of a few youngsters, that our midfield could match any in the world. The defense needs to be seriously looked at though. If you have Senderos and Favalli playing in the first team, there are obvious problems.
The attack is a bit thin with kaka's departure as well!
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:56   #4333

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Sorry to change te subject so quickly, bu this article makes me sick!

Kaka's Sale To Real Madrid Has Balanced The Books - Milan CEO
The Rossoneri board are satisfied following the economic benefits after receiving Spanish gold for the Brazilian superstar...
12 Jun 2009 13:07:04

Milan chief executive officer Fedele Confaloneri is licking his lips following Kaka's sale to Real Madrid earlier this week, and he is delighted with the funds provisioned from the sale.

The Brazilian ace move the the Santiago Bernabeu for a €67.2million fee on Monday. Reports before the sale claimed an eventual move was inevitable as the club wanted to bring their accounts in line with its economic policies. Confaloneri's words seem to suggest that was the reason behind the ace's sale.

"Kaka's sale has balanced the books at Milan and the directors did well," Confaloneri told reporters at a meeting in Milan as reported by Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"Certain offers have to be taken into consideration."

The chief is hoping new coach Leonardo can emulate the success enjoyed by former coaches such as Arrigo Sacchi and Fabio Capello.

"We still have a nice team with younger players and a young coach who can be the new Sacchi or Capello," concluded Confaloneri.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
guestes is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:57   #4334

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
Brazilians are not renowned for their defensive capabilities
The fact is that nowadays, if you try to give names for each position in defence, you will have Brazilians each time:

RB - Maicon and Daniel Alves (for me, Maicon is more complete because he defends better than Alves)
CD - Alex, Juan, maybe Thiago Silva, Lucio
LB - It's the only position I don't know who could be quoted as the best player ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 12-06-2009, 07:58   #4335

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Firstly, who the hell is Fedele Confaloneri ?

His comments make me want to spit on him. After all us Milan fans have been through, now he feeds us with this crap! The highlighted parts are there obviously for you to see some of his ridiculous comments.
guestes is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:33.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.