AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-2009, 19:20   #4591

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
I'd never even heard of the guy until early this morning when he was signed.

If it's true, this supposed $1M bonus on top of his deal for every trophy we win is just laughable. And B&G wonder why we're in a financial crisis.
It's generally something that lasts 1 or 2 years, not more, and anyway, why is it laughable ?

Are we going to win the Italian Cup ? I don't know what will be the plans for next year, but we never play it seriously.

That lets us with Serie A and CL, are we going to win both for the 5 next years ? I don't think so ...

PS: It's something that is often done when you buy a young player from a club ... it's just that it's not always said.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 14-06-2009, 19:44   #4592

rizface

Registered User
 
Join Date: 06 2009
rizface is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
It's generally something that lasts 1 or 2 years, not more, and anyway, why is it laughable ?

Are we going to win the Italian Cup ? I don't know what will be the plans for next year, but we never play it seriously.

That lets us with Serie A and CL, are we going to win both for the 5 next years ? I don't think so ...

PS: It's something that is often done when you buy a young player from a club ... it's just that it's not always said.

I think it's reasonable actually. When the team wins a cup there is a cash flow and who deserves some extra bonuses? the players.....yes I know with their contracts they should play their best, but a little extra incentive will never hurt the cause.
rizface is offline  
Old 14-06-2009, 20:18   #4593

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I think Milan selling Kaka wasn't ALL about covering debts...I think we might have known about his foot problem and that he will never recover 100% again. I really think thats the reason.

I hope we don't sign Mexes as there is Santacroce and we just had alot of cash coming in. I dont know where everyone's getting the rumours of Miranda but it only seems like we're linked with Hernanes (who is ridiculously expensive). I would really like to have a CM in the middle of our team, a new creative player to replace Pirlo or a new attacking midfielder (as I am not too sure R80 can cover Kaka's spot). Btw Eto'o - Pato - R80 wouldn't be so bad now would it?

If you had the choice to sign Dzeko or Eto'o for the same price - who would you go for?
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 14-06-2009, 20:36   #4594

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Good question hitmann....the issue really would be: Could we afford Etoo's wages...
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 14-06-2009, 21:18   #4595

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I think Milan selling Kaka wasn't ALL about covering debts...I think we might have known about his foot problem and that he will never recover 100% again. I really think thats the reason.

I hope we don't sign Mexes as there is Santacroce and we just had alot of cash coming in. I dont know where everyone's getting the rumours of Miranda but it only seems like we're linked with Hernanes (who is ridiculously expensive). I would really like to have a CM in the middle of our team, a new creative player to replace Pirlo or a new attacking midfielder (as I am not too sure R80 can cover Kaka's spot). Btw Eto'o - Pato - R80 wouldn't be so bad now would it?

If you had the choice to sign Dzeko or Eto'o for the same price - who would you go for?
It was Dunga, the Brazil NT coach, who said that Milan was interested in both Hernanes and Miranda.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 14-06-2009, 21:29   #4596

tardissun

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: USA
tardissun is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
I'd never even heard of the guy until early this morning when he was signed.

If it's true, this supposed $1M bonus on top of his deal for every trophy we win is just laughable. And B&G wonder why we're in a financial crisis.
You believe the 1mil bonus per trophy is laughable, but you are completely satisfied with Dida and his huge salary given his flops, falling down when a fan gets near him, and his injuries from splinters on the bench?

Seriously?

If we got rid of Dida, we could sign a few more people with his overinflated paycheck like Aly Cissokho, and have a much much much more competitive team.

My only regret is that Aly won't get to train with Maldini. That would have been a great help to him, I'm sure. Maldini could have given him tips on how to be an even better LB.
tardissun is offline  
Old 14-06-2009, 21:55   #4597

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I think Milan selling Kaka wasn't ALL about covering debts...I think we might have known about his foot problem and that he will never recover 100% again. I really think thats the reason.
That's an interesting point. Some lingering problem with his knee was made public less than two days after the transaction was finalized. He never recovered from it completely during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardissun
My only regret is that Aly won't get to train with Maldini. That would have been a great help to him, I'm sure. Maldini could have given him tips on how to be an even better LB.
Who says he wouldn't? I doubt Paolo wants to be with Carlo that much that he'd follow him all the way to Chelsea instead of staying home, despite what the dirt sheets say.

Last edited by Blacktop; 14-06-2009 at 21:58.
Blacktop is offline  
Old 14-06-2009, 23:46   #4598

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
We're talking about yearly wages, mate, so I wouldn't put it past at least Hernanes or Dzeko to.

Given how our management like to boost contracts based on performances on a yearly basis, I think starting at 2 Mil sounds reasonable.
Maybe Dzeko and even Heranes but no way Mexes will accept that
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 15-06-2009, 00:30   #4599

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spina_don View Post
nope we need more than that...our midfield is very static...we have been thru this before by thinking the players we had we enough..Now that we have the chance to make it really really better we should definitely do...we need more Dzeko and a CB...
You're forgetting than Janku is now a midfielder. He's as mobile as they come.

----------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta---Thiago--Aly
--------------Pirlo
------Flamini------Janku
------------------R80
------Pato
--------------Dzeko

I think this team isn't static at all. The only players that aren't very mobile are Pirlo, and maybe R80. Their job isn't to move as often, its the opposite, to allow for others to move.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline  
Old 15-06-2009, 01:46   #4600

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I think Milan selling Kaka wasn't ALL about covering debts...I think we might have known about his foot problem and that he will never recover 100% again. I really think thats the reason.

I hope we don't sign Mexes as there is Santacroce and we just had alot of cash coming in. I dont know where everyone's getting the rumours of Miranda but it only seems like we're linked with Hernanes (who is ridiculously expensive). I would really like to have a CM in the middle of our team, a new creative player to replace Pirlo or a new attacking midfielder (as I am not too sure R80 can cover Kaka's spot). Btw Eto'o - Pato - R80 wouldn't be so bad now would it?

If you had the choice to sign Dzeko or Eto'o for the same price - who would you go for?
ok guys, i am back.

well as far as this goes, i would love santacroce, especially if nesta will miss more time. Hamsik of napoli comes to my mind as a midfielder. I also like maxwell from inter he is a great lwb/lm. Eto would be great and Dzeko, but we have boriello, who will be back, just in case we dont get another stiker (i have also heard rumours on trezequet). if we can sell seedorf for extra cash i wouldnt mind that, but i think we need a goalkeeper, as i still dont trust any of ours.

oh i almost forgot, oddo, needs to go aswell.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 15-06-2009, 01:54   #4601

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
You're forgetting than Janku is now a midfielder. He's as mobile as they come.

----------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta---Thiago--Aly
--------------Pirlo
------Flamini------Janku
------------------R80
------Pato
--------------Dzeko

I think this team isn't static at all. The only players that aren't very mobile are Pirlo, and maybe R80. Their job isn't to move as often, its the opposite, to allow for others to move.
Janko is injury prone in my book.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 15-06-2009, 02:06   #4602

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
as far as defenders go, as i said b4,i dont think we need a big name expensive defender, i prefer santacroce.

When healthy we already have Nesta, Silva, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli and Darmian. And in serious cases, even gattuso can be played as a cb.

i am not a huge fan of kaladze, so if we were to carry in a high profile defender, i wouldnt mind if it cost us kaladze to pay for it.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 15-06-2009, 02:07   #4603

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Janku is crap in my book. Needs to be sold. Too limited as a player, even in mid. Once decent performances against our San Siro whipping boys in Udinese, and every body thinks he's good.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 15-06-2009, 02:08   #4604

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
ok guys, i am back.

well as far as this goes, i would love santacroce, especially if nesta will miss more time. Hamsik of napoli comes to my mind as a midfielder. I also like maxwell from inter he is a great lwb/lm. Eto would be great and Dzeko, but we have boriello, who will be back, just in case we dont get another stiker (i have also heard rumours on trezequet). if we can sell seedorf for extra cash i wouldnt mind that, but i think we need a goalkeeper, as i still dont trust any of ours.

oh i almost forgot, oddo, needs to go aswell.
I see people around have suddenly put Eto'o back into the picture, but didn't he and R80 have some kind of personality clash in Barca? I thought that was one of the reasons for the clubs decline in the past three years.
Ryo is offline  
Old 15-06-2009, 02:09   #4605

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
i also just remember we have luca antonini and mattioni plus newly acquired aly and janko and even zambrotta can play on the left so maxwell(who i made a statement about earlier) wouldnt be necesary.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:50.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.