AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-2009, 07:07   #4786

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.I. View Post
how would you fit dzeko pato rossi all together?
and of course we need depth,but the 11 comes first,and we really have other priorities than 2 fc..

we need a dc a mc and one fc imo..
About how to fit them altogether, this was my interpretation (I wrote this post last week)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Is it really that unrealistic. I mean it will cost fair amount (say 50-60m euros for all?), but considering we just got over 80m euros in just two sales and could yet sell the odd player more (Oddo I would think) surely we can get these guys along with others like Abate and maybe a guy like Mariga.

I didn't get a chance earlier to explain my reasoning behind these transfers. I really think we should aim for a change in our play, more in style than in structure. I think we should maintain with a back four, but with two attacking fullbacks. Both of the youngsters mentioned are capable attacking fullbacks, but also Thiago Silva, who the more I've looked up on seems capable of the role. Zambrotta will still be here, so we know for certain we can attack in the wide areas. With a central partnership of Nesta and Santacroce, we'd be able to build a solid back four imo with a mix of experience (Nesta, Zambro) and youth (Silva, Santa).

The mifield shape would for me have two ball winners, Flamini and Rino, who between them are capable of covering a lot of ground and Flamini is capable of pushing forward if needed. In front we have a playmaker with Pirlo (a role Seedorf can also understudy), whereby he'll have freedom to move and at the same time, utilise his vision and his passing ability.

Then I'd like somewhat of an attacking trio up front, with Rossi, Pato and Dzeko. Dzeko would act as the head of the attack with the other two supporting. Rossi and Pato would need to develop a good understanding between them to work together, but with their differences in movement, such as Rossi's natural tendency to move a little deeper and Pato's movement in the wide areas, we should be able to fit the two into the side together, which would benefit Dzeko who will get more space and less markers around him.

The concept of the system would fit with Leo's idea of using wide areas, as fullbacks will be able to push forward with a fair amount of freedom, and the attackers (mostly Rossi and Pato) can move into wide areas at will. So the shape would initially look like this...

-----------------Abbiati-------------------
Silva------Santa------Nesta-------Zambro
----------Rino-----------Flamini-----------
------------------Pirlo--------------------
--------Rossi---------------Pato----------
-----------------Dzeko-------------------

However, players will be free to move a lot around the pitch. My thought was based on the idea of triangles throughout the pitch, and the system is designed as such. For example, you have the obvious triangulation of players like Rino, Flamini, Pirlo and Dzeko, Pato, Rossi, but also triangulation in other areas like Silva, Santa, Rino or Nesta, Zambro, Flamini or Pirlo, Pato, Rossi. This idea of triangulation would be based on the initial shape, but players would be free to move to maintain this concept throughout the field (for example a triangle formed with Silva, Rino, Rossi when moving up the right), thus resulting in a tighter unit where players are always supported whether it be in attacking moves or defensive. It's based on concepts used in Dutch football history, in particularly at old Ajax teams.

I think we should build a game on lucid attacking play that aspires to using a strong team unit, rather than building the side around individuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.I. View Post
nah that cant work,although his body type rossi is a striker,pato can play a 2nd forward but actually you re using 3 strkers and you re just hoping that they could play like this because of their skills..

i dont like rossi there,i d prefer to see dinho on the left or buy hernanes and play with pato dzeko infront,thats my realistic dream..
I disagree, Rossi moves too deep to be a striker, he's most definitely a forward imo. Pato is a striker though, but his movement is different to both Rossi and Dzeko, so the three of them offer different attributes to the team. I don't think there's a problem with them playing together.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 07:20   #4787

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
i dont think rossi can play the role which you refer to,the ideal for that would be cassano maybe,rossi's skills are not of that quality,ha cannot dribble as much as he should(if he is to play there),and his passes are not that smart..to not be misunderstood i think he has gr8 skills for a fw but not gr8 enough for that position..
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"
M.O.I. is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 07:22   #4788

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Rossi will do fine in Milan, if he ever comes.

Maybe it is his size, he really reminds me of Baggio
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 07:33   #4789

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
I don't agree with the way you set up the team ACMILAN1983.

I don't think that Pato should be playing as a winger, if we should be playing a 4-3-3 then I think we would be playing with Pato on top, Ronaldinho on the left and then a new signing, like Giuseppe Rossi on the right. You don't have to have a big strong forward in a 4-3-3, actually Pato would be perfect as a striker in that formation. Look at Barcelona, they play with either Eto'o on top, or Messi on top, neither of them are very big and both are very skilled, just like Pato. The only team I can think of that tried playing with a big target forward was Inter, with Ibrahimovic up front, and that was a disastor.

But I honostly don't think we're gonna be playing a 4-3-3... Actually I'm almost certain that we'll play a 4-3-1-2, with Ronaldinho as a trequesta, to me the fact that we're looking at Dzeko (or a striker with his characteristics) means that we'll play with two strikers.

I think that Ronaldinho would be the trequesta in that formation, and I'm actually all for giving the man a second chance. Alternativly Giuseppe Rossi could probably play trequesta, I wouldn't be surprised since he has alot of the same characteristics of Kaka. The last option is Cassano, but I honostly don't think we'll see him or Rossi in Milan.

The only problem I have with not buying one more Trequesta is that I don't think we have a solid backup for Ronaldinho. What would happen if Ronaldinho got injured??? Would Seedorf play trequesta? I don't mind Seedorf staying, but he really cannot play trequesta, he is a CM. Or would Pato be playing behind Dzeko and Inzaghi/Paloschi/Borriello? In any case it doesn't sound solid. In my opinion we would need a backup at least in the trequesta position, maybe a young up and comer or something like that.
Christian is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 08:45   #4790

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
If it were up to me, I would take Rossi over any striker. It is kind of pathetic that the management is willing to overlook Italian players like this.

Sure, technically he is different than Dzeko, but a player like him would be more useful. Yesterday he almost drifted behind two strikers and wreaked havoc. Please Galliani get him!
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 08:57   #4791

spity1

Registered User
 
spity1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2003
spity1
IL FUTURO — "Un rientro in Italia? Sono concentrato sulla Confederations Cup, si vedrà. Però del calcio italiano mi piace tutto. E’ un calcio difficile, e la pressione mi piace. Sono da sempre tifoso del Milan, i miei idoli erano Gullit e van Basten. Se chiamasse Galliani? Io risponderei... ciao".

Straight from the Gazzetta. I've been clamoring for this guy for over a year. First and foremost, he's a Milan fan! I do agree though however it may be difficult for him to play alongside Pato as their style of play would not likely mesh well.

Sell Pato to Chelsea for the high price they were offering (35-40) and purchase Rossi and Dzeko to create your new strike force.

The one thing I wish Milan would do more of is try to attract many of the fine young Italian players into the fold similar to what Juve seems to be attempting to do currently.
spity1 is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 09:26   #4792

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.I. View Post
i dont think rossi can play the role which you refer to,the ideal for that would be cassano maybe,rossi's skills are not of that quality,ha cannot dribble as much as he should(if he is to play there),and his passes are not that smart..to not be misunderstood i think he has gr8 skills for a fw but not gr8 enough for that position..
I think Rossi's an excellent dribbler, I definitely disagree he doesn't dribble enough. His vision is not as great as Cassano's yet, but at 22 it's certainly a skill he can develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Rossi will do fine in Milan, if he ever comes.

Maybe it is his size, he really reminds me of Baggio
Agreed, he reminds me a lot of Baggio too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
I don't agree with the way you set up the team ACMILAN1983.

I don't think that Pato should be playing as a winger, if we should be playing a 4-3-3 then I think we would be playing with Pato on top, Ronaldinho on the left and then a new signing, like Giuseppe Rossi on the right. You don't have to have a big strong forward in a 4-3-3, actually Pato would be perfect as a striker in that formation. Look at Barcelona, they play with either Eto'o on top, or Messi on top, neither of them are very big and both are very skilled, just like Pato. The only team I can think of that tried playing with a big target forward was Inter, with Ibrahimovic up front, and that was a disastor.

But I honostly don't think we're gonna be playing a 4-3-3... Actually I'm almost certain that we'll play a 4-3-1-2, with Ronaldinho as a trequesta, to me the fact that we're looking at Dzeko (or a striker with his characteristics) means that we'll play with two strikers.

I think that Ronaldinho would be the trequesta in that formation, and I'm actually all for giving the man a second chance. Alternativly Giuseppe Rossi could probably play trequesta, I wouldn't be surprised since he has alot of the same characteristics of Kaka. The last option is Cassano, but I honostly don't think we'll see him or Rossi in Milan.

The only problem I have with not buying one more Trequesta is that I don't think we have a solid backup for Ronaldinho. What would happen if Ronaldinho got injured??? Would Seedorf play trequesta? I don't mind Seedorf staying, but he really cannot play trequesta, he is a CM. Or would Pato be playing behind Dzeko and Inzaghi/Paloschi/Borriello? In any case it doesn't sound solid. In my opinion we would need a backup at least in the trequesta position, maybe a young up and comer or something like that.
I think the system I showed is a little misleading, in that it would appear I want Rossi and Pato as wingers, which wasn't really my intention at all. What I was was trying to suggest in that post was Dzeko is a natural leading forward, the head of the attack as such. Pato's always shown movement which is of a striker that drifts into wide areas, and this is what I want from him. I want him to come centrally into the box on a frequent basis, but he will have the freedom to move wide to get space as well.

Rossi, who plays more centrally (usually inside left or right, or central) would play a little deeper (pushing up from deep, similar to how he did against the USA last night on his last goal) covering the central areas of the field, despite the fact that in my system structure he looks like he'd play on the right.

Somewhat, the idea I have in mind isn't too different from the idea of 4-3-1-2 with Rossi almost as a trequartista, but as I said in my post due to the amount of movement I'd expect there's really no set structure, but rather my thoughts are based on roles of the players. Cassano's talented, but his antics really leave too many questions, and I don't see how Rossi could be a worse option.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 09:26   #4793

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spity1 View Post
IL FUTURO — "Un rientro in Italia? Sono concentrato sulla Confederations Cup, si vedrà. Però del calcio italiano mi piace tutto. E’ un calcio difficile, e la pressione mi piace. Sono da sempre tifoso del Milan, i miei idoli erano Gullit e van Basten. Se chiamasse Galliani? Io risponderei... ciao".

Straight from the Gazzetta. I've been clamoring for this guy for over a year. First and foremost, he's a Milan fan! I do agree though however it may be difficult for him to play alongside Pato as their style of play would not likely mesh well.

Sell Pato to Chelsea for the high price they were offering (35-40) and purchase Rossi and Dzeko to create your new strike force.

The one thing I wish Milan would do more of is try to attract many of the fine young Italian players into the fold similar to what Juve seems to be attempting to do currently.
No way... I can't believe anybody would want Pato out of Milan, he's 19 and he's already better than G. Rossi, even though Rossi just did wonders for Italy.
Christian is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 09:30   #4794

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post


I think the system I showed is a little misleading, in that it would appear I want Rossi and Pato as wingers, which wasn't really my intention at all. What I was was trying to suggest in that post was Dzeko is a natural leading forward, the head of the attack as such. Pato's always shown movement which is of a striker that drifts into wide areas, and this is what I want from him. I want him to come centrally into the box on a frequent basis, but he will have the freedom to move wide to get space as well.

Rossi, who plays more centrally (usually inside left or right, or central) would play a little deeper (pushing up from deep, similar to how he did against the USA last night on his last goal) covering the central areas of the field, despite the fact that in my system structure he looks like he'd play on the right.

Somewhat, the idea I have in mind isn't too different from the idea of 4-3-1-2 with Rossi almost as a trequartista, but as I said in my post due to the amount of movement I'd expect there's really no set structure, but rather my thoughts are based on roles of the players. Cassano's talented, but his antics really leave too many questions, and I don't see how Rossi could be a worse option.
I see what you mean. I guess that we have somewhat the same idea of how Milan would play with G. Rossi. I still don't think that it will happen though, because Leonardo seems set to give Ronaldinho a second chance.
Christian is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 09:35   #4795

johncharles365

Registered User
 
johncharles365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: london
Fave Players: maldini, flamini, shevchenko, leonardo, albertini
johncharles365 is on a distinguished road
come on SPITY1 no way is rossi ever going to be better than pato besides Milan have tried recently with young Italian strikers Borriello Gilardino hardly a success. Milan have a future Rossi in paloshci anyway. I would love G Rossi at Milan but not at the expense of pato i sure if milan do get rossi a system can be figured out where they could play the two second strikers together. It would be nice to get a young player similar to albertini and donadoni, players like marchiso and giovinco are inspired choices for juventus and exactly what milan needs
johncharles365 is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 09:46   #4796

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
I don't agree with the way you set up the team ACMILAN1983.

I don't think that Pato should be playing as a winger, if we should be playing a 4-3-3 then I think we would be playing with Pato on top, Ronaldinho on the left and then a new signing, like Giuseppe Rossi on the right. You don't have to have a big strong forward in a 4-3-3, actually Pato would be perfect as a striker in that formation. Look at Barcelona, they play with either Eto'o on top, or Messi on top, neither of them are very big and both are very skilled, just like Pato. The only team I can think of that tried playing with a big target forward was Inter, with Ibrahimovic up front, and that was a disastor.

But I honostly don't think we're gonna be playing a 4-3-3... Actually I'm almost certain that we'll play a 4-3-1-2, with Ronaldinho as a trequesta, to me the fact that we're looking at Dzeko (or a striker with his characteristics) means that we'll play with two strikers.

I think that Ronaldinho would be the trequesta in that formation, and I'm actually all for giving the man a second chance. Alternativly Giuseppe Rossi could probably play trequesta, I wouldn't be surprised since he has alot of the same characteristics of Kaka. The last option is Cassano, but I honostly don't think we'll see him or Rossi in Milan.

The only problem I have with not buying one more Trequesta is that I don't think we have a solid backup for Ronaldinho. What would happen if Ronaldinho got injured??? Would Seedorf play trequesta? I don't mind Seedorf staying, but he really cannot play trequesta, he is a CM. Or would Pato be playing behind Dzeko and Inzaghi/Paloschi/Borriello? In any case it doesn't sound solid. In my opinion we would need a backup at least in the trequesta position, maybe a young up and comer or something like that.
We need the big guy to mainly break down stubborn defences, where it's hard to play to feet close to their area, so spreading play wide and crossing becomes the main weapon. We don't have a guy that can head (except for Borri)
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 09:53   #4797

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
I see what you mean. I guess that we have somewhat the same idea of how Milan would play with G. Rossi. I still don't think that it will happen though, because Leonardo seems set to give Ronaldinho a second chance.
It's really hard to convey my thoughts clearly through just text. I doubt it will happen tbh. In theory, he's quite possibly ideally suited to Milan right now, but as Berlu is forcing Dinho to be played, it simply won't happen. As I said before, I think Rossi should be brought in with a view as a probable starter who Dinho should be fighting for a first team spot for.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 10:00   #4798

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
someone said PAto and Rossi cant play together. I think completely different: They would do brilliantly together behind a foeward like Dzeko. But its necessary to play PAto on the left and Rossi on the right, not the other way. But of course that is something that everyone knows.

Also, Ronaldinho lacks ability to switch sides are move much in the game. Rossi and Pato have huge moving ratio and can switch sides as well as play modern pressing on back line.

----Rossi---Pato---
--------Dzeko--

Im convinced this wold be better then with Dinho. Dinho would make Pato play strictly on the right, which is tragic. And, We can have Pato playing 50 games per year, Rossi would add depht and cover few positions.

Maybe we'll include Boriello in Dzeko deal and buy Rossi. For me that is a dream solution at this moment.

But as you say, Milan will force Dinho to play and bring Abate to play RW, a player that is not near Rossi's class but will cost nothing.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 10:11   #4799

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyFC4...eature=related

Same thing as Favalli
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 16-06-2009, 10:19   #4800

rosoneri_11

Registered User
 
rosoneri_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: I'm behind you!
Fave Players: P.Maldini,Gattuso,Van Basten
rosoneri_11 is on a distinguished road
I would never change Pato with rossi.
Pato will be if not the best Striker of the world, for sure a world class striker.
G rossi is great but not like Pato.
rosoneri_11 is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.