AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-06-2009, 16:20   #4981

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
--------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Aly
-----Gattuso-----Flamini
---------Hernanes
--------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
------------Dzeko

Who has a problem with this?
i dont like dida.id like a better pair for nesta,and i dont believe in the dinho...
what about subs?
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"
M.O.I. is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 16:21   #4982

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
--------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Aly
-----Gattuso-----Flamini
---------Hernanes
--------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
------------Dzeko

Who has a problem with this?
The FICG might if they don't change the non-EU rules
Ceceves is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 16:22   #4983

martin

Registered User
 
martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2003
martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by honsano View Post
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...386348,00.html

According to SKY we got Cisshoko...good enough for me

As for Rossi, I just don't trust small guys especially from la liga. Hold on, why is his season so phenomenal? 12 goals and 7 assists are pretty good in 32 appearances, but that is la liga, slack defense. People regularly score 30 goals a season there. Need I remind of his performances against Arsenal in Champions league?

I haven't seen too many of his games in all fairness and I don't mean to incite revolt. But to compare to baggio or del piero I think is a bit too far.

I did watch him in the game vs the US. The US was a man down and he was playing in front of an inspired Pirlo. Though he did have two pretty good goals I don't think it's anything to really get too excited about. My two cents though...
I agree 100% with your views on Rossi. I really like him n would love for him to join us....for about 10-20 million. This guy is still a project and would be a huge risk at 40 million or whatever is being asked for him. Furthermore, how can we let 30 mins on a pitch against a team like the US convince us into spending half of the money from Kaka towards a player that is still growing? Additionally, the way players play with the national team is often different from club teams. Just look at Schweinsteiger, one of my favourite players on Germany, with the national team he usually perfroms really well, but he cant even get a starting spot on Bayern. Or look at Grosso, there's plenty of examples. I hope our management just does not lose their minds in what seems to be a very silly transfers season where teams are spending ridiculous sums in financially crippling times.
martin is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 16:30   #4984

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
--------------Dida
Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Aly
-----Gattuso-----Flamini
---------Hernanes
--------------Ronaldinho
-----Pato
------------Dzeko

Who has a problem with this?
No bench, we'll never last 50 games, much less 38
Ryo is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 16:46   #4985

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
I agree 100% with your views on Rossi. I really like him n would love for him to join us....for about 10-20 million. This guy is still a project and would be a huge risk at 40 million or whatever is being asked for him.
If reports are to be believed (which, of course, they rarely are) Villareal would take 15-18 million euros plus Trezeguet for him. Surely Trezeguet isn't worth 22 million euros! And I would imagine that since playing for Milan is Rossi's lifelong dream, if Milan were seriously interested he could pretty much force Villareal's hand and Milan wouldn't have to pay any more than Juve.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 16:50   #4986

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interimovic View Post
Milan actually have a plan, after long long time. Kaka and Gourcuff(mistake) are out but names like Thiago Silva, Cissoko, Džeko, Hernanes, Sneijder are in, or will be in.

That will be Milan for respect, young and fast. I would be thrilled to see fellows like Favali, Dida or Shevcenko in Milan shirt next year but I doubt that Leonardo will allow that.

On the other hand we're buying Milito, Motta, Deco and Carvalho, old timers like in Milan for last couple of seasons and I am afraid that we will finish like a Milan.
Being as objective as a I can, I do agree with you. As Christian said it's still very early days but right now it does seem Milan has stronger rebuilding project than Inter in place, though I'm not convinced yet as Milan have only made one signing so far (not including T.Silva).

However, I can understand your concerns about Inter. Potentially losing Ibra and Maicon (quite frankly, your best players), especially having seen mega stars like Kaka and Ronaldo already leave their clubs this summer hardly inspires confidence, especially as neither seem to deny it. More importantly, the signings made so far aren't bad, but they are hardly bought with the future in mind. I do think Inter has a plan in place, and I think it's to build a squad that is prepared to try and win the CL next year. I'm just glad Julio Cruz looks like he's got no place in Inter now, he's been a pain in our backsides for the last couple of years.

Juve too have a plan, which is to buy Serie A experienced talents, and I'm pretty sure they're trying to build a squad ready to challenge for the title.

Milan's rebuilding project appears to be in place, but right now I don't think anyone can be sure of what to expect. We're after some interesting players, but exactly what we're building towards is a different matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honsano View Post
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...386348,00.html

According to SKY we got Cisshoko...good enough for me

As for Rossi, I just don't trust small guys especially from la liga. Hold on, why is his season so phenomenal? 12 goals and 7 assists are pretty good in 32 appearances, but that is la liga, slack defense. People regularly score 30 goals a season there. Need I remind of his performances against Arsenal in Champions league?

I haven't seen too many of his games in all fairness and I don't mean to incite revolt. But to compare to baggio or del piero I think is a bit too far.

I did watch him in the game vs the US. The US was a man down and he was playing in front of an inspired Pirlo. Though he did have two pretty good goals I don't think it's anything to really get too excited about. My two cents though...
Rossi isn't just a small guy from La Liga, he's got a lot to offer. Firstly, he plays in a similar role as Kaka in recent years, in that they are both forwards, but not strikers. His statistics are also comparable to Kaka's, which for a 22 yr old is no easy feat. He scores on average just under a goal every 2 games and assists about once every three games, not a bad return for anyone. His performances against Arsenal may not have been special (I don't remember them tbh), but these are just a couple of games. Both Kaka and Pato were pretty rubbish against Arsenal too 2 seasons ago, but they are incredible players.

We must always remember that he is just 22 years old. At 22 Kaka wasn't exactly a household name, Pirlo was stuck on the bench at Inter, Rino was I think still at Salerniterna etc. Baggio and Del Piero at 22 were only really starting to make a name for themselves, just like Rossi now.

Rossi's been impressing since a very young age actually. He must have impressed Man Utd for them to poach him when young, something they're known for. In the Man Utd youth setup he was the undoubted star and made it up to the senior level. Lack of space in the senior squad saw him go to Newcastle where he was wasted (and frankly, they were and still are a complete mess), which lead to him returning to Parma. At Parma, he was vital in them staying up, scoring a number of goals and making important assists. He had obviously caught the attention of Villareal in that time and they snapped him up quickly, and since then he's gone on to become one of their most important players.

When you consider that at 22 he's already played in the top 3 leagues in Europe (has a lot of experience already), has not only succeeded in all of his clubs bar Newcastle (who as I said had deeper issues), but has gone on to be a key player at all of the clubs and has produced results at a consistent level since coming onto the scene, surely we're not looking at any normal player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
I agree 100% with your views on Rossi. I really like him n would love for him to join us....for about 10-20 million. This guy is still a project and would be a huge risk at 40 million or whatever is being asked for him. Furthermore, how can we let 30 mins on a pitch against a team like the US convince us into spending half of the money from Kaka towards a player that is still growing? Additionally, the way players play with the national team is often different from club teams. Just look at Schweinsteiger, one of my favourite players on Germany, with the national team he usually perfroms really well, but he cant even get a starting spot on Bayern. Or look at Grosso, there's plenty of examples. I hope our management just does not lose their minds in what seems to be a very silly transfers season where teams are spending ridiculous sums in financially crippling times.
Rossi shouldn't cost more than around 20m euros, 25 max. 40m is just a number thrown out to raise his value.

I don't really understand where this talk of "30minutes against the USA is what creates the hype" is coming from. The guy's been performing for a few years now (both for Italy and at club level) and many have spoken about him over the past couple of years. He's not a new discussion.

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 17-06-2009 at 16:56.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 16:54   #4987

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Good one ginoformaggino!! Abarose is a good singer...I quite like his latest work.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 17:50   #4988

martin

Registered User
 
martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2003
martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I don't really understand where this talk of "30minutes against the USA is what creates the hype" is coming from. The guy's been performing for a few years now (both for Italy and at club level) and many have spoken about him over the past couple of years. He's not a new discussion.
Yes, that is very true, he has been performing for all of these years, but he was barely mentioned until the game against the US. If he has a good tournament, then you will see juve, n teams like chelsea make bids for him. Aside from Juve, i don't think any sides would have him on their radar prior to Confederations, that's what I mean when i say that this tournamnet is hyping him up. If he performs well in this tournament, he could easily fetch around 30 million. You have guys like dzeko going for 30, Cissohko ( an unknown a year ago, and still many people did not really know who he was until we signed him) cost 15 mill, why would his team settle for anything less than 30-40?
martin is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 17:57   #4989

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
I still don't get why Juve would want G. Rossi anyway. Didn't they just buy Diego, and then Amauri last summmer? Are they just gonna forget about Giovinco and Del Piero?
Christian is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 18:39   #4990

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I'll gladly take G.Rossi but not in the expense of Dzeko. What the f is up Pirlo's *** with his recent comments? Didn't he say 3 or 4 days ago that he is 100% Milan?
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 18:59   #4991

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
It really shouldn't be all that surprising to see a lot of the old players making comments about leaving for Chelsea. They have had a strong bound with Ancelotti and is therefore very attached to him emotionally. On the other hand, without Ancelotti here, they are also no longer guaranteed a place in the starting 11. For those guys who have seemingly lost their motivations, it is difficult for them to get back on top of their form and fight for their spot with younger guys again. That is why they would want to move to Chelsea and seek the shelter under their friend Ancelotti. It is rather pathetic, but not really uncommon among older and very established players to feel that way.

Personally, I would gladly sell Pirlo and maybe even Gattuso if the price is right and we get proper replacements. For one, I would trade Pirlo for Felipe Melo anyday of the week. Pirlo, with his physical limitations, has a max of about 2 years left at the top of his form. Rather than hang on to him and eventually lose him for next to nothing when his form is gone, why not make a profit on him and bring in a great replacement in Melo? The same can be said about Gattuso. Losing players is only bad when you have nobody to replace the player lost.
slifersd is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 19:50   #4992

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
It really shouldn't be all that surprising to see a lot of the old players making comments about leaving for Chelsea. They have had a strong bound with Ancelotti and is therefore very attached to him emotionally. On the other hand, without Ancelotti here, they are also no longer guaranteed a place in the starting 11. For those guys who have seemingly lost their motivations, it is difficult for them to get back on top of their form and fight for their spot with younger guys again. That is why they would want to move to Chelsea and seek the shelter under their friend Ancelotti. It is rather pathetic, but not really uncommon among older and very established players to feel that way.

Personally, I would gladly sell Pirlo and maybe even Gattuso if the price is right and we get proper replacements. For one, I would trade Pirlo for Felipe Melo anyday of the week. Pirlo, with his physical limitations, has a max of about 2 years left at the top of his form. Rather than hang on to him and eventually lose him for next to nothing when his form is gone, why not make a profit on him and bring in a great replacement in Melo? The same can be said about Gattuso. Losing players is only bad when you have nobody to replace the player lost.
We already have a replacement for Gattuso in Flamini... who actually can not only defend, but also play football!
zafrul is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 20:35   #4993

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
It will be interesting to see what happens if they add another EU spot for Serie A. I wonder if that wouldn't lead Milan to go harder after Hernanes, who could replace Pirlo, and then ship Pirlo off to Chelsea. That extra spot could be key to several moves.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 20:53   #4994

Pietro

Registered User
 
Pietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Pato, Pirlo, Gattuso, Nesta, Flamini
Pietro
I think Milan should keep both Gattuso and Pirlo. If the 3 non eu spots come in....then i think Milan should sign Hernanes and then set up like Italy.

Gatusso Hernanes Pirlo
(Flamini) (Seedorf) (Ambrosini)

This could release Pirlo from his 'defensive duties' and let him contribute higher up the ground. With cissokho behind him, he will get better protection then if it was janku or favalli.

If we sell Gatusso and Pirlo, then we suffer froma depth problem again. Starting 11 will be fine but no one to adequately replace off the bench.

As much as i hate it, this is where inter is stronger then us (and Juve is building too)...but if we sign who we are linked to, i think we will back on top in no time.
__________________
Forza Milan!!!
Pietro is offline  
Old 17-06-2009, 21:58   #4995

martin

Registered User
 
martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2003
martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
I think Milan should keep both Gattuso and Pirlo. If the 3 non eu spots come in....then i think Milan should sign Hernanes and then set up like Italy.

Gatusso Hernanes Pirlo
(Flamini) (Seedorf) (Ambrosini)

This could release Pirlo from his 'defensive duties' and let him contribute higher up the ground. With cissokho behind him, he will get better protection then if it was janku or favalli.

If we sell Gatusso and Pirlo, then we suffer froma depth problem again. Starting 11 will be fine but no one to adequately replace off the bench.

As much as i hate it, this is where inter is stronger then us (and Juve is building too)...but if we sign who we are linked to, i think we will back on top in no time.
How about Rosina and Foggia for the bench? they might surprise us and maybe win a starting spot. Or at the very least, they would be a boost from the bench.
martin is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:23.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.