AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-2009, 16:36   #5896

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Berlusconi the master businessman is going to get scared by low ticket sales into spending more?
Wish I could believe that for a second
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 16:55   #5897

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
Season tickets are a major sign of the fan's satisfaction..i am really glad that almost noone is buying..you know the season tickets will cost us a lot more than just the first needed income,that may mean that we ll be paid less from sponsorships and tv rights in the new deals..

its simple,when you invest youll eventually be paid(especially in football)..do you think fiorentino perez is such an idiot to invest all that money?

galliani just said that we had gr8 income last year(bigger than the previous),we also sold kaka+gorky for 80mil!!!

so there are a lot of ways to keep the books balanced,and they have chosen the easiest and less risky(for short-term)option..after 2-3 years i m not sure how risky will it seem then,..so not buying season tickets is a gr8 answer to their moves,i hope we see an empty san siro the following year..

and i strongly hope they ll eventually sell,before its too late..
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"
M.O.I. is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 16:59   #5898

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Berlusconi the master businessman is going to get scared by low ticket sales into spending more?
Wish I could believe that for a second
lol, highly unlikely really isn't it. That said I would consider the low ticket sales to be somewhat of a silent protest from the fans, which is why I presume many will be glad to hear about this. Can't say I blame anyone either, the way the management is acting is really not positive or inspiring.

However, if I was management right now I would be concerned at the fact that the club is losing much of it's fanbase. It's also not the more fickle fans that are being lost, but rather those who have been following and supporting the club for years on end, through good times and bad. Losing the loyal fans is really a bad sign for the club's health.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 17:30   #5899

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
but if you are on your way to sell the club once you make all the money you can then you wouldnt be worried about it...
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 20:43   #5900

sujoyks

Registered User
 
sujoyks's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
sujoyks is on a distinguished road
Hi, I know i havent posted for long time but i did follow. Had a busy internship....

Coming to the point.

Asia and i feel india in particular with a huge population is a huge market that has huge growth prospects. People are getting more and more exposed to football and looking for teams to follow and learning more about the sport. More kids are playing football and more of them are buying jerseys. With the rise of the middle class, more can afford to and more actually want to spend on official merchandise and show off their affiliation to a winning team. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but this is how it stands.

EPL teams have invested a lot and advertised and marketed heavily. Many who are working professionals and little kids who watch tv know little about other leagues because no other league is shown on tv. CL is the only exposure to Serie A teams sometimes. You have to stream matches online on a costly broadband connection after midnight to see a Serie A game.

Our poor performance is not helping. You are all focussing on existing fans. No business or sport can ever be sustainable or at the very least grow without constantly attracting young fans. Young fans are not going to care about the history. For india that would be all the youngsters and most adults who are being freshly exposed to the beautiful game. We must be looking at expanding our fanbase. These new fans are a base that will signinficantly contribute in the days to come. And as you know, supporting a team often becomes a family thing. EPL teams have grown this fanbase and rightly so. They have performed and attracted the right audience and fanbase.

I think we should focus on not only the old and existing fans getting disillusioned but also the new and potential fans that see milan in such a bad light if at all they get to see it. Imagine how much of a fan base we have lost. With good performances we could have earned an enormous new fan base and that much more potential business. That's how a good business should think. It's a huge lost opportunity and something we are continuing to loose.

No club, no business can be sustained on the past. Our history is nothing to the future and current young generations. What drives anything in life, absolutely anything in life is performance. Performance at the present and the potential you see for the future are the only important things in the long run. Nostalgia is good for old time's sake and for oldies and that's it. and rightly so.

We must perform. We're losing a big market and huge potential income in the present and the future. This is economics. This is what management of Serie A and Milan should be looking at. Berlu is ideally positioned for both. You dont gain fans or help yourself in any way by selling stars and making fool of yourself publicly in the market and losing at a time like this. I repeat the last 5 years and the next 5 years is a crucial time. If we dont perform, we might forever loose an entire generation (a hell of a lot of people) of potential fans.
__________________
AC MILAN

Always and forever
sujoyks is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 20:52   #5901

boing boing

Registered User
 
boing boing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
boing boing is on a distinguished road
A Scheiße moment from Germany

Quote:
-Mr. Dzeko, you are disappointed that you must remain in Wolfsburg?

No, I was never sad in Wolfsburg. I am well, I feel well with the VfL. I never said anything else.

-But you wanted to absolutely change to the AC Milan…

Yes, that was my dream. But I did not want to go to Milan, because it would be bad for VfL. We have a good crew, many goals and will be playing in Champions League. But the AC Milan is something else evenly nevertheless. But that is past.

-Finally?

I spoke with our coach Armin Veh. He said, I must not go away. The VfL has many goals and lets the best players not go. I was always happy in Wolfsburg.

-Do you sign also a new contract with the VfL?

My agent will look into this. I do not know, what happens.

Source: http://www.newsclick.de/index.jsp/me...artid/10565367
That was the Scheiße moment that was!

All the ts have been crossed and is have been dotted. Dzeko is history.

------------------------------------------------

Our transfer position so far:
Lost Gourcuff (to a bad loan contract with a low buy-out clause)
Lost Kaka (to even the books)
Lost Cissokho (for medical problems that can be corrected)
Lost Dzeko (for unfortunate reasons)
Signed Primavera quality players as first team.

This is a new low Milan has hit in a transfer season. Still Forza Milan!


Last edited by boing boing; 29-06-2009 at 20:56.
boing boing is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 21:36   #5902

martin

Registered User
 
martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2003
martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sujoyks View Post
Hi, I know i havent posted for long time but i did follow. Had a busy internship....

Coming to the point.

Asia and i feel india in particular with a huge population is a huge market that has huge growth prospects. People are getting more and more exposed to football and looking for teams to follow and learning more about the sport. More kids are playing football and more of them are buying jerseys. With the rise of the middle class, more can afford to and more actually want to spend on official merchandise and show off their affiliation to a winning team. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but this is how it stands.

EPL teams have invested a lot and advertised and marketed heavily. Many who are working professionals and little kids who watch tv know little about other leagues because no other league is shown on tv. CL is the only exposure to Serie A teams sometimes. You have to stream matches online on a costly broadband connection after midnight to see a Serie A game.

Our poor performance is not helping. You are all focussing on existing fans. No business or sport can ever be sustainable or at the very least grow without constantly attracting young fans. Young fans are not going to care about the history. For india that would be all the youngsters and most adults who are being freshly exposed to the beautiful game. We must be looking at expanding our fanbase. These new fans are a base that will signinficantly contribute in the days to come. And as you know, supporting a team often becomes a family thing. EPL teams have grown this fanbase and rightly so. They have performed and attracted the right audience and fanbase.

I think we should focus on not only the old and existing fans getting disillusioned but also the new and potential fans that see milan in such a bad light if at all they get to see it. Imagine how much of a fan base we have lost. With good performances we could have earned an enormous new fan base and that much more potential business. That's how a good business should think. It's a huge lost opportunity and something we are continuing to loose.

No club, no business can be sustained on the past. Our history is nothing to the future and current young generations. What drives anything in life, absolutely anything in life is performance. Performance at the present and the potential you see for the future are the only important things in the long run. Nostalgia is good for old time's sake and for oldies and that's it. and rightly so.

We must perform. We're losing a big market and huge potential income in the present and the future. This is economics. This is what management of Serie A and Milan should be looking at. Berlu is ideally positioned for both. You dont gain fans or help yourself in any way by selling stars and making fool of yourself publicly in the market and losing at a time like this. I repeat the last 5 years and the next 5 years is a crucial time. If we dont perform, we might forever loose an entire generation (a hell of a lot of people) of potential fans.
This is a very thoughtful post but it also depicts exactly what is worng with our club. Why the hell are we the fans becoming economists? Half the thread contains talk about the club's financial position n such. We are probably the only club whose owner laments about how poor the club is and how little they can afford. We are becoming a joke, n it seems like we have the financial prowess of a club like fiore or lazio. While i always appreciated the management being smart n lookin for bargains, their recent actions in the past few yrs and they way they have dealt with player purchases have crippled the Milan image and making me think that the clubs sole priority is cost cutting.
martin is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 21:38   #5903

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
ahh well .. at least the Cavs got Shaq so I still have a team that might challenge for something
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 21:55   #5904

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Well it looks like D'Agostino's deal between Udinese and Juventus has fallen through and Gaetano won't be moving to Juventus.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=158044

Here is the link to that......and interesting enough the Udinese director mentioned towards the end that there have also been 2 more demands for the player........one coming from England and one from a major Italian team.

Also......here is a another link were a the general director of Udinese is asked questions about D'Agostino.
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=158318
He is first asked if there are new developments on the player and he answers no. Then he is asked if Juve is still an alternative and he says that yes but negotiations will need to start from the beggining and basically says that Juve need to change their stance. Then he was asked if Milan is in the mix and he didn't want to answer the question answering that he'll stop there.

I don't want to start any rumors but I would be glad if the Italian team is us. As a matter of fact, if we are actually interested in D'Agostino that probably means that we are truly in a discussion to let Pirlo go. To me that wouldn't be good because I want both D'Agostino and Pirlo in the squad. But now days we rarely get what we want so if Pirlo was to leave definitely then I would be happy with D'Agostino stepping in.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!

Last edited by nefremo; 29-06-2009 at 22:01.
nefremo is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 22:33   #5905

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Oh so what's your theory? Do you think that Galliani and Berlusconi is sitting on a yacht in the Carribian eating caviar while wipping their ass in 100 euro bills? Where's the money for Hunterlaar and the likes gonna come from if noone buys tickets anymore? Do you know what will happen if noone buys season tickets/Milan stuff?? Then we'll for sure sell Pato next year, and everybody else worth anything. You're preaching doom for Milan here everyday, yet what you want everyone to do is the only thing that will guarantee the demise of Milan.
I think you are making the wrong assumption here that Milan actually does not have enough money to run the team. If every other club of this caliber have enough money, Milan should have absolutely no problem with it. After all, you don't see a lot of teams selling off its star players and then go for 16 year olds to replace them. That means, the sale of Kaka and next year Pato were done for the simple purpose of extracting as much money as they can out of the club. I have said this before, but I will repeat it again, Berlusconi is trying to squeeze out every penny he can out of this club for the sale in the near future. And I for one will not hand over my hard earned money so one of the richest man in the world can have more money in his bank account.

The fact of matter is, the team is currently not trying to sign anyone anyway. As a fan, it doesn't really matter to me how much the club revenue is, be that 1 dollar of 100 million. As long as the team doesn't bring in good players with that money, I don't care how much they are making. The idiots in the management sold Kaka even though season ticket sales went through the roof, does that make any sense to you? I, for one, refuse to believe in the crap from Galliani and Berlusconi. And since not buying their merchandise and tickets is the only way for my voice to actually be heard, that is exactly what I am going to do. In life, you sometimes have to make sacrifices for the greater good and this is my way of helping Milan for a better tomorrow.
slifersd is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 22:37   #5906

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncharles365 View Post
I really hope Milan don't buy Adebayor i would never be able to forgive the management what makes it worse is that Arsenal would use the cash to purchase Benzema. I don't advocate Benzema singing for Milan but if we are going to chuck away 26 million plus 7 in wages I think I would prefer Benzema. I can't believe Milan are unable to sign Dzeko especially with a new coach coming in wanting new signings. Hopefully Dzeko will sign for Milan next season he offers a lot more than adebayor or fabiano.
I don't think you need to worry about that too much as Adebayor will not come for sure. The thing is, signing a guy that caliber takes MONEY, which is something Milan does not have. If we couldn't sign him when the economy was still in good shape, why would we suddenly have the money to do so now? Just like hte last 1000 times when Milan was linked to him, this is all just a bunch of crap Galliani and Berlusconi made up to amuse the fans. They are not going to do a danm thing about it and they know it.
slifersd is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 23:25   #5907

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Why would anyone really want Adebayor? He does not come up in big games, and against Man Utd in this last CL he was downright lazy. Not the kind of lazy where, once he gets the ball, he tries to do something, the kind of lazy where even going to the ball was a chore for him.

I'd take Crespo over Adebayor! I mean that, I'm not even exaggerating. He is a terrible player, and while chances might be free and flowing in England, in Serie A and the CL they are not, and I for one would never want to see him playing for Milan.

Milan is not a second-rate club and we are not a laughing stock. Who is saying that. Other fans? Great, they tend to be fans of clubs only when times are good.

The reality is that Luis Fabiano's agent is practically begging for Milan to bid. Cissoko wants to come here. Dzeko's dream is Milan. Cesc too.

To say that we are some sort of laughing stock is to make this more dramatic then it is. Again, we are just entering into July, and frankly what's the point of rushing and paying a few extra million? Let the other team stew and let them squirm. We have our targets, we have our alternatives, and they have to think about how long they can wait before they buy the replacement for the player we want, while we wait it out. It's just a staring contest, that's all.

Milan is great, will continue to be great, and frankly I don't see the point of being impatient for no reason. As they say, good things come to those who wait.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 29-06-2009, 23:49   #5908

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Why would anyone really want Adebayor? He does not come up in big games, and against Man Utd in this last CL he was downright lazy. Not the kind of lazy where, once he gets the ball, he tries to do something, the kind of lazy where even going to the ball was a chore for him.

I'd take Crespo over Adebayor! I mean that, I'm not even exaggerating. He is a terrible player, and while chances might be free and flowing in England, in Serie A and the CL they are not, and I for one would never want to see him playing for Milan.

Milan is not a second-rate club and we are not a laughing stock. Who is saying that. Other fans? Great, they tend to be fans of clubs only when times are good.

The reality is that Luis Fabiano's agent is practically begging for Milan to bid. Cissoko wants to come here. Dzeko's dream is Milan. Cesc too.

To say that we are some sort of laughing stock is to make this more dramatic then it is. Again, we are just entering into July, and frankly what's the point of rushing and paying a few extra million? Let the other team stew and let them squirm. We have our targets, we have our alternatives, and they have to think about how long they can wait before they buy the replacement for the player we want, while we wait it out. It's just a staring contest, that's all.

Milan is great, will continue to be great, and frankly I don't see the point of being impatient for no reason. As they say, good things come to those who wait.

Impatient? We the fans have been waiting for over five years now for some decent signings in the mercato. As far as I am concerned, we have been more than patient. The market as it stands is very low in qualify players, which makes it a sellers' market with buyers having little to no bargaining power. If milan continue to play the waiting game, all good players will be lost and we'd end up at the second half of the serie a table next season. The last time we played this waiting game, we missed out Ibrahimovic for Oliveira, not exactly something I look forward to seeing happening again this summer.
slifersd is offline  
Old 30-06-2009, 00:52   #5909

k7r

Registered User
 
k7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Fave Players: Il Capitano
k7r is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Why would anyone really want Adebayor? He does not come up in big games, and against Man Utd in this last CL he was downright lazy. Not the kind of lazy where, once he gets the ball, he tries to do something, the kind of lazy where even going to the ball was a chore for him.

I'd take Crespo over Adebayor! I mean that, I'm not even exaggerating. He is a terrible player, and while chances might be free and flowing in England, in Serie A and the CL they are not, and I for one would never want to see him playing for Milan.

Milan is not a second-rate club and we are not a laughing stock. Who is saying that. Other fans? Great, they tend to be fans of clubs only when times are good.

The reality is that Luis Fabiano's agent is practically begging for Milan to bid. Cissoko wants to come here. Dzeko's dream is Milan. Cesc too.

To say that we are some sort of laughing stock is to make this more dramatic then it is. Again, we are just entering into July, and frankly what's the point of rushing and paying a few extra million? Let the other team stew and let them squirm. We have our targets, we have our alternatives, and they have to think about how long they can wait before they buy the replacement for the player we want, while we wait it out. It's just a staring contest, that's all.

Milan is great, will continue to be great, and frankly I don't see the point of being impatient for no reason. As they say, good things come to those who wait.

Samaldinho....i agree 100%

I still think its too early in the mercato.....and i think for sure one of Dzeko & Huntelaar are surely going to arrive...plus a defender & midfielder too....
k7r is offline  
Old 30-06-2009, 01:28   #5910

boring

Registered User
 
boring's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: India
Fave Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta, Nesta, Maldini
boring is on a distinguished road
Huntelaar's future depends on David Villa's transfer (seems unlikely). Dzeko is done.. he's not coming.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
boring is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.