AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 16:46   #6241

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
I agree, I don't care if a team of guys who all have spoken of their love of Inter, hate the sport of football, and kicked me in the shin. As long as they are making Milan the best team possible, then I don't care.

I agree, I think Seedorf is a good player. I don't think he has the same energy levels to play as a consistent starter for an entire season. He will be an invaluable backup, and I think the way things are going Milan is really going to look like this:

-----------gk---
---------defense--
--gattuso--pirlo--flamini
---------Dinho
----big cf-----pato

That really is pretty obvious. If Leonardo was really thinking of changing his midfield options, I think Milan would be linked with some midfielders. The reality is that our midfield has to be strong enough to hold the center, win possession, and backup the full-backs pressure forward should they get caught out, or to provide cover when an attack fails in the final third.

Honestly, a midfield trio of Gattuso-Pirlo-Flamini is great for me. Ambro, Seedorf, Abate, and Di Gennaro would be a more than decent backup plan. Add Janku as a possibility, and perhaps Beckham (if he returns) and you really have a strong midfield, at least for next year.

I think the management is going to evaluate Abate and Di Gennaro this coming year, and I have this feeling that perhaps Viudez and Cardacio might become more involved.

It is obvious that Oddo will be a backup in the right back spot, but because of the demands of full-backs in the 4-3-1-2, the full-backs will be the most exhausted of all our players. Meaning: Zambro, Oddo, Janku, and (Criscito/Cissoko) will all be getting a lot of rotation in those positions. Antonini as well.

I think Milan feel that if they cannot get the sort of full-back they want, they'll probably be content with Oddo right, Zambro left, and it seems obvious that the club is putting a lot of faith in Bonera for this coming year. If we do buy anyone, it will be a striker, and while that might be exciting, I honestly think it's less important than our issue at center-back.

If we really had to, we could play Seedorf and Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho getting his freedom and Seedorf being tactically aware as he was for Kaka. Pato in front of them in our usual 4-3-2-1 formation.

I'm not sure if a full-back will even arrive, though I am hopeful. I would prefer Criscito over Cissoko, not just because Criscito is Italian, but because of Criscito's versatility. But again, I doubt Criscito will actually come (I'd love to be surprised) and I have this feeling that Cissoko will eventually come.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 16:57   #6242

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Plus: I think the fact that the club seem somewhat open to Seedorf's departure, shows that they too want to get rid of, or at least reduce the wages of many players. However, they have deals to honor and contracts that bind them.

I wish Kaladze was given to Chelsea when he was on the verge of switching a few years back, because I honestly have never rated him in a Milan shirt, ever. But, then again, I just don't see how the club really can get some of these players out. They were rewarded contract extensions, because the way they played afforded them that right.

I am starting to believe more and more in Ronaldinho's reemergence as a force in world football. Watching old games of Dinho, you can see that his passes were there, it was just about understanding with the other strikers. I really think that Ronaldinho will be someone we rely on, not just out of necessity, but really because he will preform.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 17:00   #6243

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
why they hell did seedorf reject the move
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 17:20   #6244

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
Sportmediaset.it is reporting that Galliani is flying to Sevilla tonight to negotiate for Luis Fabiano

http://www.sportmediaset.it/
MiamiMilanista is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 17:58   #6245

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
Sportmediaset.it is reporting that Galliani is flying to Sevilla tonight to negotiate for Luis Fabiano

http://www.sportmediaset.it/
I hope it is true...luis is by far the most underrated Brazilian o the last 20 years.

I was reading a editorial in Goal.com about him, and it´s amazing to see a guy to write an article, talk about a player and be so wrong. It was clear that the guy never watch Luis playing i Sevilla or Săo Paulo.

To say that L. Fabiano hasn´t flair and skills only show the guy never saw Luis playing...

Anyway, Ronaldinho was in my city here in Brazil(Salvador) some days ago, and it was amazing to see he´s still overweight. It was clear(in a eye perpective) he had 4 or 5kg to shed.

I know some players gain some weight in the off season, but to see a guy that is playing overweight for the last 3 years still a little fat, makes me sad. I hope he proves me wrong, and the world Cup is near, but after to see him here in my City, I still have no hope he will be back to the old days...
EDIT: Just found a youtube video of him in my city in Ronaldinho thread to show that he´s fat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YvZ2...layer_embedded

Last edited by Brasileiro; 02-07-2009 at 18:09.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 17:59   #6246

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
I know this doesn't belong here, but just can't help it... To everyone who keeps saying that Manchester United are doing better than us:

www.goal.com

Suddenly Crouch doesn't sound all that bad
Christian is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 18:03   #6247

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
I know this doesn't belong here, but just can't help it... To everyone who keeps saying that Manchester United are doing better than us:

www.goal.com

Suddenly Crouch doesn't sound all that bad
Yep, at least we did a school
EDIT: To be fair, they bought Rafael, Fabio, Possebom, Nany, Anderson...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 02-07-2009 at 18:03. Reason: sp
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 18:07   #6248

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Yep, at least we did a school
EDIT: To be fair, they bought Rafael, Fabio, Possebom, Nany, Anderson...
True, but they have it a bit easier in England. They can sign players who are younger than 18 unlike in Italy. I'm not sure about how many non-eu players they can buy, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was no limit.

Anyways, Nani and Anderson both cost about the same as Pato, and Pato > them
Christian is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 18:18   #6249

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Gourcuff is gone, and quite franky, if I was him I would have stayed in Bordeux too. 1. It is in France. 2. Milan never showed me any love. 3. Milan is a mess. Why would someone who is being make the next big thing or is the next big thing in France join a club in crisis.

Seedorf, there is only one reason why he is staying and thats b/c Milan is paying him wages he can't even get 25% from other clubs. I bet that Carlo wants him at the Blues but Roman probably said NO, NO, NO and NO. He might be a great player 15 yrs ago, but he is pure crap in 95% of the games now. He slowed down the play and allows the opposing team to rush back in defense.
Samueldinho, for all the physical play/speed of the game you been saying Milan should adopt, I just found it hard to see that you are supporting Seedorf to play well.

If Galli really is heading toward Seville to sign Luis, pls don't make an offer of 13MIl as thats insulting.

As for MIlan having first option on Real players, while won't ManU have that too as they also sold them CR7.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 18:20   #6250

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
True, but they have it a bit easier in England. They can sign players who are younger than 18 unlike in Italy. I'm not sure about how many non-eu players they can buy, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was no limit.

Anyways, Nani and Anderson both cost about the same as Pato, and Pato > them
Couldn´t agree more, my friend...couldn´t agree more

Btw, Fergusson is killing Anderson development playing him as a DM...Anderson was the best player of U-20 Word Cup as a offensive midfield even with Mexico trashing my Brazil in the final. Now he´s just a good/average defensive mid.

Even his ability to deliver amazing long range shots disapeer...Congrats to fergusson to turn a WC midfield in a average DM
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 18:56   #6251

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Gourcuff is gone, and quite franky, if I was him I would have stayed in Bordeux too. 1. It is in France. 2. Milan never showed me any love. 3. Milan is a mess. Why would someone who is being make the next big thing or is the next big thing in France join a club in crisis.

Seedorf, there is only one reason why he is staying and thats b/c Milan is paying him wages he can't even get 25% from other clubs. I bet that Carlo wants him at the Blues but Roman probably said NO, NO, NO and NO. He might be a great player 15 yrs ago, but he is pure crap in 95% of the games now. He slowed down the play and allows the opposing team to rush back in defense.
Samueldinho, for all the physical play/speed of the game you been saying Milan should adopt, I just found it hard to see that you are supporting Seedorf to play well.

If Galli really is heading toward Seville to sign Luis, pls don't make an offer of 13MIl as thats insulting.

As for MIlan having first option on Real players, while won't ManU have that too as they also sold them CR7.
I have to agree with Gabriel's reasoning. Gorcuff, given most factors would still have stayed in France simply because France is a way better option for him currently in his career. He's in the heart of the French NT, he's playing good football for a team that appreciates and loves him, and regardless of how big-headed some of our fans may be, Milan never did look like a good prospect to return to ever since they sold Kaka.

Frankly, I never pegged him to replace Kaka's position, but rather Seedorf's. In that case, Seedorf would have been the one to replace Kaka's spot on the team, but with Flamini, Gattuso, Ambrosini and PIrlo (not to mention Beckham) in contention for the 3 midfield places, even I couldn't see him get more than a dozen or so starts. Who'd want that with a world cup year around the corner? Be rational guys, Tevez did the same thing to turn down Manchester United for 25 Mil simply because he received the offer after his contract was up and Ronaldo was sold to Madrid. If he felt that little gesture indicated that he wasn't wanted by the club, think about how getting loaned off to a club with an option to buy must have felt.

I frankly don't blame Gorky at all, and have always been behind him since he ever came here. I was gushing about him ever since his first Champions League goal on his debut, and oh so pissed that he was never central to our plans. I blame Carlo for not believing in his youth players and in Management for not developing his potential. When you buy them, and don't play them, players tend to look for better pastures. When the average age of starting players in most Top-class squads getting younger, and us still sticking to our policy of playing our fossils, can you really blame a 20 something year old for looking for more play time? Any promises from Leo are just empty, at least until we first see what team he throws out in his first competitive match. That's not a very good reassurance for anyone.

I honestly wish him the best of luck and all the best for the bright career he has.

As for the priority for Madrid players, I have to agree that we'd be only second in the list after Manchester. Yes, we sold them Kaka first, but United just sold them the Current World PLayer of the Year.

I'm looking at this mercato, and whilst we have all the time in the world, I really don't see anything positive coming out of it. If management can prove me wrong, I'm all for it. But I just don't see it happening.
Ryo is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 19:50   #6252

MilaN VenoM

Registered User
 
MilaN VenoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
MilaN VenoM is on a distinguished road
Manchester United Ready To Bid For Sevilla's Luis Fabiano - Report


I guess there's no Fabiano any more , who's next?
MilaN VenoM is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 20:44   #6253

Luca03

Registered User
 
Luca03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Fave Players: PATO.
Luca03 is on a distinguished road
I haven't seen Fabiano play that much.

But I want to know what do you guys think of him?

The only problem I seem to have is that he's already 28, and is he the striker we need?

I'm curious.
Luca03 is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 21:34   #6254

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
The Guardian is reporting an Owen to Man U move...so I doubt that they would be purchasing another fwd...Owen should be the Tevez replacement...right? :donkn:

So maybe, as is usual, goal.crap is just putting out more stuff snatched from the gutter of the press...(The Mirror)

Plus, while Owen is above the 26 age "cap" that Alex, so is Fabiano, and Owen is free, and Man U, while making a record sale, are also one of the most indebted clubs around...
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 02-07-2009, 22:03   #6255

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Luca03

It depends on what kind of striker Leonardo wants. I don't think it is right or wrong to have a certain type of striker......be it a strong target man or a slick mobile fast forward. There is no right or wrong....better or worse. They are just two different ideas of playing football, and we need to find out which one Leonardo prefers.

From the looks of it.....since we identified Dzeko and Fabiano as possible targets.....we are probably going to play with someone with a stronger stature up front.

If that's the case.....then I think yes, Fabiano is a great striker that will fit that bill. He isn't totally like Drogba for examle, and he isn't totally like Pippo nor like Pato. In my eyes he is somewhere between all those types of players and has a little bit of everything. Don't get me wrong.....I don't think he is the perfect striker and as a matter of fact, he is far from perfect. But he can be very very useful for us. What I do like about him like I said is the fact that he can be strong when he needs to (come out and hold the ball).........he can also come deep and help out play......and he can also be slick in the box.

What's interesting to me is that he is all over the papers now due to the Conf. Cup but IMO he's done a lot better then that in Sevilla on many occasions. I have never seen him play in Brazil, so I can't comment on that.

I'll be honest, I never thought of him coming to Milan prior to these links now.....but I do like the idea of having him in our squad....since we are after a striker of his kind of mold. My first choice would have been Rossi since I don't necessarily think that we have to play with a strong striker. The idea of Rossi and Ronaldinho behind Pato seemed great to me with Boriello (someone we can use as a strong body up front when we need an alternative) and Inzaghi as back ups. However that ship has sailed away and with the money that Berlu is willing to shell out, Fabiano is probably one of the best options out there.......although the way the market is at the moment I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sevilla asks for something close to 30mil and for my liking that's too much for Fabiano because we can sign Rossi with that kind of money. Fabiano IMO shouldn't be more then 20mil......22 the most and that's really pushing it.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!

Last edited by nefremo; 02-07-2009 at 22:25.
nefremo is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.