AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2009, 09:30   #361

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Wow Kui, you really shut this thread down
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 10:55   #362

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Really nothing much to talk about him; I think most people are disappointed with his decision to leave when, just a few months ago, he said he wanted to stay at Milan for life.

That may be true, and he might be considered as a Milan legend, but what happened is still disappointing enough that people have, fortunately, moved on.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 14:01   #363

Kwasniefski

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2008
Kwasniefski is on a distinguished road
Talking Sheva & Kaka's Leaving

So.... I read some comparisons referred to in this thread on how different people leave Milan....how would you Milan fanatics and experts on legenadry status, etc. compare Sheva's leaving and Kaka's...how do they compare in degrees of loathsomeness and despicability in the way they left the club? Who is the worse culprit? Who do we hate more now and why? I AM being a little facetious so you may opt not to respond...and that's okay with me.
Kwasniefski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 19:12   #364

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Really nothing much to talk about him; I think most people are disappointed with his decision to leave when, just a few months ago, he said he wanted to stay at Milan for life.

That may be true, and he might be considered as a Milan legend, but what happened is still disappointing enough that people have, fortunately, moved on.
Yeah, I think everyone's invective has pretty much run dry on the matter.

But is he really a Milan legend? Sure, he had four great seasons which culminated in his helping us win the CL in '07, but he then slid into mediocrity thereafter and stayed there until he was sold.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 09:47   #365

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Star Kaka reveals reasons for not joining Man City

By Soccernet staff

June 28, 2009

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Kaka has warned Manchester City that their summer spending may not bring the success the club craves, after he turned down the club to join Real Madrid in a then-world record £56m move.

GettyImages

Kaka turned down a move.

City's mega rich Arab owners are in the midst of a shopping spree that has already seen Gareth Barry and Roque Santa Cruz arrive at Eastlands and they are set to further add to their pre-season transfer haul by reportedly acquiring the services of Samuel Eto'o and Manchester United reject Carlos Tevez in the next few days.

Kaka himself was a target for City last January before opting to stay at AC Milan and subsequently making his move to Spain.

Despite many observers already decreeing that City are fast becoming a force to be reckoned with, Kaka remains far from convinced that their approach is destined to succeed, a key factor behind his decision to say no to City boss Mark Hughes

"I was very flattered by Manchester City's interest in January but it is just a project at the moment. And with projects sometimes you don't know how long the investment will be there for," he said.

"Lots of smaller clubs have periods of spending big money. But suddenly the investment stops when the owner decides to do something else. Or sometimes it stops because of other reasons like a failing economy.

"Things can be great one moment and not so great the next moment. The organisation can collapse like a pack of playing cards. I felt the time was right for a change and Real Madrid is the club for me.

"It was not about a difference of quality between the Primera Liga and the Premier League. Real will always be a big club. Nobody can take away their history and their nine European Cups."


soccernet
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:34   #366

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Impression management in front of the real Madrid fans now begin. Forget about Milan fans; screw them. I don't care about Milan anymore.

I love Milan.

This is one of the most hypocritical individual players I have ever seen, yet people say he is humble, friendly... my a$$.

I want to retire at Milan like Maldini... I want to be the captain.

It's all lies. Admit it. Fans, open your eyes, see the real Kaka`.

When one day Kaka` is to be sold by Madrid (to which ever team next), he'll say: This is the right time for me to step down. I love _____ (fill in the blank: team).

Last edited by Jeff; 02-07-2009 at 12:36.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 13:41   #367

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Impression management in front of the real Madrid fans now begin. Forget about Milan fans; screw them. I don't care about Milan anymore.

I love Milan.

This is one of the most hypocritical individual players I have ever seen, yet people say he is humble, friendly... my a$$.

I want to retire at Milan like Maldini... I want to be the captain.

It's all lies. Admit it. Fans, open your eyes, see the real Kaka`.

When one day Kaka` is to be sold by Madrid (to which ever team next), he'll say: This is the right time for me to step down. I love _____ (fill in the blank: team).
Sorry, I just don't agree with you about this Jef.

I heard Kaka during his press conference in Madrid.
He was very clear, and when a Spanish journalist asked him about the difference between Calderon offers and now and what made him changing his mind,

Kaka answered that he told Calderon that he was happy with Milan and he will come only if Milan wanted to.
Milan never came with proposals from other clubs until last January when Milan informed my Daddy that I had an offer from Man City which I turned down.
I do not want to move but if the club wanted so, it has to be only Real Madrid.
Exactly after the match against Fiorentina Milan again told my father that I had another offer from Real.
I prefered to stay with Milan but when the club brought to me 2 offers in less than 6 months I realised that the recession was hitting the country very hard, and it was the time and in the best interest of both parts to move away.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 13:42   #368

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Impression management in front of the real Madrid fans now begin. Forget about Milan fans; screw them. I don't care about Milan anymore.

I love Milan.

This is one of the most hypocritical individual players I have ever seen, yet people say he is humble, friendly... my a$$.

I want to retire at Milan like Maldini... I want to be the captain.

It's all lies. Admit it. Fans, open your eyes, see the real Kaka`.
He's giving all these "I still love Milan" interviews pretty much to save face. What I can't stand is that now he's offering his two cents about how we should work our transfer window. Shut it, already.

This is loyalty to your club right here.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 13:45   #369

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
I watched the press conference on Milan Channel with Italian translation.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 13:47   #370

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
I am more than convienced that Milan pushed him to accept the offer.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 16:46   #371

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Please, our financial "crisis" created a window of opportunity for Kaka to play for Madrid, and he jumped for it instantly. He's a liar like Sheva before him and he wasn't pushed by any means.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 18:26   #372

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie View Post
Sorry, I just don't agree with you about this Jef.

I heard Kaka during his press conference in Madrid.
He was very clear, and when a Spanish journalist asked him about the difference between Calderon offers and now and what made him changing his mind,

Kaka answered that he told Calderon that he was happy with Milan and he will come only if Milan wanted to.
Milan never came with proposals from other clubs until last January when Milan informed my Daddy that I had an offer from Man City which I turned down.
I do not want to move but if the club wanted so, it has to be only Real Madrid.
Exactly after the match against Fiorentina Milan again told my father that I had another offer from Real.
I prefered to stay with Milan but when the club brought to me 2 offers in less than 6 months I realised that the recession was hitting the country very hard, and it was the time and in the best interest of both parts to move away.
I'm not disagreeing on this part, but I think you have (perhaps rightfully) left out some of my criticisms of him. Perhaps I wasn't clear before.

I know that some people will agree here, some will not. And that's fine. My goal is to make my point / perspective clear.

The point I am trying to make is: even if what you say is true, it doesn't make him less hypocritical. It's very difficult for my (note, it's only me) conscious to come out say something like this if I were actually a player. I would be real careful with what I say to the public, knowing that there might even be a .01% that I'm leaving my own team.

Just think about this: I say to this girl yesterday, "i love you", and then you decide to break up, for one reason or anything (e.g., long distance), and the next day you say to another day, "I want to go out with you (or something like this)".

I don't know. Some can accept it, but if you REALLY love the ex-girl, you probably have some levels of conscious before you go for the next girl again.

But of course, that's just me. And it's just an analog (please don't carry it too far).

J
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 18:41   #373

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie View Post
I am more than convienced that Milan pushed him to accept the offer.
It´s cristal clear, Maltese...
As i said in another thread, I have friends that played in Europe, and as we all know...no matter what you do(or did) for the European club...you will be always a foreign.

They will not think twice to sell you if they needed, so Kaka did what was the best for him...chose another big club.

At least Galliani was man enough to say that they needed to sell the player, and not the player that ask to be sold.
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 21:53   #374

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
I honestly think it's a bit of both. Kaka' flirted with Real and knew how the game was played. Milan realized that they could make money. Contract extension after contract extension does not actually show loyalty.

In my opinion, again, a bit of both.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:34   #375

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Ofcourse it is abit of both, but I still believe Kaka never asked for a transfer to Real.

Jeff, you and others can keep going on about how Kaka said that and Kaka said this....but I don't think Kaka asked to leave. Yes, he got a better deal in Real than now, but it was Galli and Berlu who pushed him out.

Let me use my exp as example.

I was working in company A right after University, and it was a pretty big company in its field in HK. People were great to me(surprisingly), and managers and dpt heads all liked me. I was also doing well both at work and networking around the company, thus that led me to be promoted faster and more frequently than any person at my level. Heck, head hunting firms even send me offers from other firms on a weekly basis. Even though the offers were better, I chosed to stay b/c Company A made me what I am today. BUt then as they are expanding in the China, a couple of the senior executives wanted me to work in Shanghai with a slighty better package, but I refused due to my wife was expecting.
They first hinted at the post with great potential, then they asked if I wanted to go, then they say if I don't go I will be a fool....at the end they told me either I go or they will lay me off in HK. Then I took up one of those headhunt offers and ended at another company with better pay and stayed in HK.
My point is that, Milan was doing what Company A did to me toward Kaka. First they were nice about giving Kaka's choice to leave, but at the end they will force Kaka to leave. Just like how Company A forced me to leave.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.