AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:11   #6676

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I hate this "he comes for free, so it's not good" argument ... people saying that will always find something to be unhappy.

I can't understand the people saying that: would you have prefered to pay 25M for Flamini or a player like him or was it better to get Flamini for free ?

If Onyewu fails next year, he will have come for free, so, not so much money wasted, and if he manages to get the starting spot and becomes a defensive monster (who knows ? He's young), he will be considered like one of the best "purchases' of this mercato ... so getting a player with his potential for free is a win-win situation for us. It was the same with Flamini.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:13   #6677

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakakhan View Post
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is preparing to make a £20m raid for Real Madrid's Dutch striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar. So Milan have to be quick if they really want Hunterlaar
Guys, we will not be competing with Man Utd ove Huntelar, for a simple reason, they are richer, they got 30 mil more than us from the sales of our players, and they want the guy much more. So IMO Huntelar is lost,

keeping my fingers crossed for Dzeko and maybe Luis Fabiano.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:13   #6678

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
If this is the answer to the Ultra protest, then man the ULTRA MUST DO MORE. Just kidding.

The thing is, even I are quite excited about the signing but after calming down abit-10mins or so- I realise that the comments I made about him is the same I made about Senderous and from the comments I see here, they are mostly the same as when Senderous arrived. Man, we been fool by Berlu and Galli AGAIN......

For real, we really should not get excited about his signing as it is REALLY a VERY normal signing. Thats also show what type of state Milan is in, as a normal signing can lift its fans up to cloud nine. Wonder what will happen if Ribery comes!!!!-Season tickets here I come despite living thousand of miles away from Milan.
I am not excited at all. If he couldn't get a renewal from Liege, I wonder how good he really is.

And I don't think that was to answer Ultra's call; heck, I even have a feeling that the Ultra might be maddened more.

I still believe that it is some cheap investment with eyes on the U.S. market. If China or India had any decent players, I bet Milan will rush to get them. Since we are on the topic, why don't we buy the other American (Rossi)?
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:15   #6679

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie-Milan View Post
One of the two,not both are you crazy.

There are reports however saying that we want Huntelaar on loan and buy Fabiano so we would have both of them,then Borriello will be sold to Napoli.But this is not going to happen because Real refuses a loan deal for the dutchman,we will get one of them.

Also,we are being linked with Nilmar from Internacional because Braida is in Brazil and also with Neymar,that little guy who is thin as hell but is the new big thing according to many people.
Isn't Perez the best friend of Galliani ??
It's weird, Perez could do something to help his big friend ...

About Nilmar and Neymar, I'd take Nilmar without a doubt nowadays ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:15   #6680

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
This is a silly purchase. International competition is at a different level than club competition, and so his doing well at the Confed Cup is not an indicator of much. But then again Man U bought Park from PSV, and eyebrows were raised, and he has played an important role.

If he is coming as a sub--okay.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:16   #6681

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I am not excited at all. If he couldn't get a renewal from Liege, I wonder how good he really is.
We don't know if it's Liege that didn't give him a renewal or if it's Onyewu who refused a renewal ... or maybe do you have any informations about that ?
GeoTav is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:17   #6682

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
You know what i`m excited for!!!! I want to hear Galliani`s reaction on the purchase..it wioll be priceless

Who wants to bet that, he will say " We got the best player of the confederation cup, and for free" and we have been following him for longer period of time.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:17   #6683

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
A conversation between ManU and Milan fan


Milan Fan: We just signed the most physical player in North American Football history-Onyewu. And the best part is, he is not over 30 like Owen
ManU fan: Well, didn't Owen used to run circles around him at EPL.
Milan Fan: Well, we are full of champions
ManU fan: ManU is the champion of EPL
Milan Fan: We still have Seedorf who won 4 CL, more than anyone actively playing football.
ManU fan: We have players who can run.
Milan Fan: We won 26 titles in 23 yr.
ManU fan: We won 31 titles in 19 years.

Milan fan: We rule the transfer market.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:19   #6684

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Isn't Perez the best friend of Galliani ??
It's weird, Perez could do something to help his big friend ...

About Nilmar and Neymar, I'd take Nilmar without a doubt nowadays ...
Perez had to be Galliani's best friend when we gift-wrapped kaka and package him over with a super discount. Now taht the deal was sealed, I am not sure if they are still friends.

this is like Chelsea all over again. After Shevchenko deal was done at 45M (a really low price IMO), it was like Chelsea immediately cut all the ties with us and started to play nasty with us.

Way to go, Galliani.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:22   #6685

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I hate this "he comes for free, so it's not good" argument ... people saying that will always find something to be unhappy.

I can't understand the people saying that: would you have prefered to pay 25M for Flamini or a player like him or was it better to get Flamini for free ?

If Onyewu fails next year, he will have come for free, so, not so much money wasted, and if he manages to get the starting spot and becomes a defensive monster (who knows ? He's young), he will be considered like one of the best "purchases' of this mercato ... so getting a player with his potential for free is a win-win situation for us. It was the same with Flamini.
Geo, nobody is saying he is no good b/c he is free. BUt from a rational standpoint, he is far from being the next Maldini or Nesta. If he turns out to be someone like Maldini, thats great but the chances of that is slim.
Onyewu is no more than a backup for the squad. It is great that Milan got him for free as he is not over 30 and is an element that Milan lacks. But to be thrill and excited about having someone like Onyewu is the same as being excited about not being relegated to Series B.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:23   #6686

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I am not excited at all. If he couldn't get a renewal from Liege, I wonder how good he really is.

And I don't think that was to answer Ultra's call; heck, I even have a feeling that the Ultra might be maddened more.

I still believe that it is some cheap investment with eyes on the U.S. market. If China or India had any decent players, I bet Milan will rush to get them. Since we are on the topic, why don't we buy the other American (Rossi)?

Get youre facts straight before you post lies, you have done this many times now and you are making a good situation looking bad.

Standard Liege wanted to give him a renewal,but the guy wanted too get out and wanted a new adventure at a foreign club in a big competition,Standard offered him a great contract and desperately were trying to pursue him to stay but he wanted something new.

Get youre facts straight,you knew he was offered a renewal but you were painting a bad situation were it seems like he could go for free because he wasnt good enough for Standard,pathetic scum.
Dutchie-Milan is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:25   #6687

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Nobody is excited (someone said it before), but the fact that some people immediately said "he is for free, no credit" (I summarize) is very stupid.

About him being a new Maldini, I think anyone thinking that would be someone who should stop watching football ...
Anyway, I don't see any player in the world being able to be at the level of Maldini in some years, or at the level of Nesta, simply nobody.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:27   #6688

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
We don't know if it's Liege that didn't give him a renewal or if it's Onyewu who refused a renewal ... or maybe do you have any informations about that ?
I don't have any information. My pure guess would be Liege didn't give him a renewal then his recent performance changed that. but then at the same time Milan joined and "due to the friendship between these two clubs", Onyewu decided to not to consider a renewal which became available on the table.

I still don't think he is good enough. Not at all. Some player is a one-season wonder, and heck, he is so far only a one-week wonder. I could be wrong, but he is not good enough yet for me. I am happy that we don't have to waste money (I am sure that his salary won't be good) or any non-EU spot on him (at least not another Shevchenko or Viudez case), but that's about everything positive I can get out of this transfer.

I am with Hasan. I like to think that this is a stupid transfer. And just for the record, I am not a hard man to please, unlike Hasan. I don't always look for reasons to be unhappy.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:33   #6689

pazj

Registered User
 
Join Date: 06 2007
pazj is on a distinguished road
I watched every game involving USA at conf cup and i must say i was not terribly impressed. Ok granted he is athletic and has a physical presence but he looked slow and cumbersome at times not to mention clumsy.

Worse then this his distribution at times was genuinely poor. Great intercepetion/block was generally followed by a awful pass or clearance. He is definately not a 'footballing' defender.

In my opinion he is NOT an upgrade over Senderos maybe on par so i guess with lack of a transfer fee we save money and can further balance the books..blah blah blah etc etc
pazj is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:34   #6690

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
It's a clever signing I guess, but i doubt this player will be better than even well... Senderos!

If Galliani believes this is the answer to our defensive problems, than I don't know what to say....

This won't shut up the Ultras or the fans on this forum.
guestes is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.