AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:37   #6691

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
Standard Gave Him A Renewal They Practically Begged Him To Stay They Wanted To Pay Him Allot Of Money And Offfered Him One Hell Of A Contract Because Onyewu Has Always Been Solid At Standard And Was Always In The Starting Xi,he Was One Of The Important Players But Oguchi Refused To Stay Because He Wanted A New Adventure,so Do We All Get It Now?
Dutchie-Milan is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:38   #6692

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
I don't really know anything about Onyewu, but he's the best defender in the world according to youtube.

Cool to have a guy from the US in Milan, is that the first? Can't really remember anyone else.
Christian is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:39   #6693

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I don't have any information. My pure guess would be Liege didn't give him a renewal then his recent performance changed that. but then at the same time Milan joined and "due to the friendship between these two clubs", Onyewu decided to not to consider a renewal which became available on the table.

I still don't think he is good enough. Not at all. Some player is a one-season wonder, and heck, he is so far only a one-week wonder. I could be wrong, but he is not good enough yet for me. I am happy that we don't have to waste money (I am sure that his salary won't be good) or any non-EU spot on him (at least not another Shevchenko or Viudez case), but that's about everything positive I can get out of this transfer.

I am with Hasan. I like to think that this is a stupid transfer. And just for the record, I am not a hard man to please, unlike Hasan. I don't always look for reasons to be unhappy.
---Zing---



To be fair, I normally am not THAT negative about Milan. But in light of recent events, it is hard for me to remain optimistic. Especially when the officials themselves are acting that way.



I had a feeling Kaka' would leave in May. A few believed it here. But then I said, okay we will buy 2-3 players to replace him. Then that seems to have gone down the tubes for the moment.

I will say this: this purchase is about as good or maybe a bit better than Owen's purchase. But then again, it is clear I think that Owen will be given a sub role in Man U. If our new purchase starts, it will be really interesting to see what happens.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:39   #6694

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Galliani: " We have signed the tallest player on the Conf. cup. We couldnt sign some other players becouse the market is over priced. We dont actually follow the market, we buy what we see on tv and what Leonardo says. We have followed him for all 5 games, from which I missed 2, but Leo was watching. Now we'll make the Us tour, sell his shirts and make milions again. Then we'll loan him in january to Torino in co-ownership and they'll pay 500 000 for him. I'll invest that into some of by books. I have alot of books to deal with, more then 50 milion books all around the banks...ops, offices.

Anyway, we have a champion. Pirlo? He is also a champion. Offer hasnt arrived but we hope it will so we can discuss it. Pato? We have refused becouse we are brave! We have signed Leonardo and Berlusconi, Silvio will be new tactical master, he is a world class tactician. He taught Sacchi and Cappello everything they know.

Cissokho? no, Favalli is fine now. Forward? Zigoni looks good in Milanello, there is also boriello."
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:39   #6695

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
TO be fair to the player, he has got a wealth of experince. But no play in top teams.... Feels too much of a mid-table club purchase in my opinion, and the fact that he came free highlights Milan's attitude to transfers...
If it is not wasting hard-earned cash on ageing players, its not spending at all!

I still await the signing of a QUALITY full-back, because at the moment, this player represents little but depth for the bench....
guestes is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:40   #6696

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
You know what i`m excited for!!!! I want to hear Galliani`s reaction on the purchase..it wioll be priceless

Who wants to bet that, he will say " We got the best player of the confederation cup, and for free" and we have been following him for longer period of time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie-Milan View Post
Get youre facts straight before you post lies, you have done this many times now and you are making a good situation looking bad.

Standard Liege wanted to give him a renewal,but the guy wanted too get out and wanted a new adventure at a foreign club in a big competition,Standard offered him a great contract and desperately were trying to pursue him to stay but he wanted something new.

Get youre facts straight,you knew he was offered a renewal but you were painting a bad situation were it seems like he could go for free because he wasnt good enough for Standard,pathetic scum.
What's up with all the hostility and cursing? Just curious, why are you back again? Didn't you curse Milan and its fans (MM members too) and announce that you are gone forever for 135198 times? Now who is the one that has all the lies, you or me? and who is the pathetic scum here, you or me?

On the topic, I said that it was just my guess. I barely care for this player to follow him. All I remember is that he scored an own goal in last WC. I could be even wrong on that too.

Seriously, stop cursing people at will. You are lucky that moderators are lenient to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Nobody is excited (someone said it before), but the fact that some people immediately said "he is for free, no credit" (I summarize) is very stupid.

About him being a new Maldini, I think anyone thinking that would be someone who should stop watching football ...
Anyway, I don't see any player in the world being able to be at the level of Maldini in some years, or at the level of Nesta, simply nobody.
Generally, a free player won't be good, unless they intentionally hold out to be free, like in the case of Flamini. It is just that I haven't seen anything that convinces me that it is the case.

But don't get wrong, I am not cursing Galliani for this one. At least he is buying somebody that might be useful. It is better than doing nothing. since we are on for a ride, now let's go get Dzeko.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:43   #6697

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I'm sorry but this Onyewu transfer is total BS. The man has done very little in his career of note and is now 27, with pretty much nothing to show for it. He comes from Belgium, which let's be honest is hardly the most competitive league and flopped badly in England with Newcastle, where he was half of potentially the worst partnership in the history of top flight football, so much so that the Bramble-Onyewu partnership made mistakes similar to Kaladze last season, and possibly even worse. He's not even an upgrade over Senderos imo, because at least Senderos has shown glimpses of a solid defender at the top level, something Onyewu is yet to do (barring Confed Cup).

Juve meanwhile are apparently actively chasing Santacroce, and we get Onyewu? Other than his physique he adds nothing new to our squad. Quite frankly, a crap transfer even at free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
This is a silly purchase. International competition is at a different level than club competition, and so his doing well at the Confed Cup is not an indicator of much. But then again Man U bought Park from PSV, and eyebrows were raised, and he has played an important role.

If he is coming as a sub--okay.
edit: Forgot to reply to this . Was going to say before Man Utd got Park he was awesome in the dutch league and part of a very strong PSV which dominated. He was also excellent in CL and also against us on more than one occasion. He's not a signing like Onyewu

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 07-07-2009 at 06:49.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:44   #6698

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post




What's up with all the hostility and cursing? Just curious, why are you back again? Didn't you curse Milan and its fans (MM members too) and announce that you are gone forever for 135198 times? Now who is the one that has all the lies, you or me? and who is the pathetic scum here, you or me?

On the topic, I said that it was just my guess. I barely care for this player to follow him. All I remember is that he scored an own goal in last WC. I could be even wrong on that too.

Seriously, stop cursing people at will. You are lucky that moderators are lenient to you.



Generally, a free player won't be good, unless they intentionally hold out to be free, like in the case of Flamini. It is just that I haven't seen anything that convinces me that it is the case.

But don't get wrong, I am not cursing Galliani for this one. At least he is buying somebody that might be useful. It is better than doing nothing. since we are on for a ride, now let's go get Dzeko.

As I have said before, this is a clever signing, which I would prefer over the purchase of an over-rated ageing star (Dihno etc.)

However, for the defense, which is our largest liability, such an unproven player cannot surely be the answer!
And lets calm down here please. Dutchie-Milan makes same good posts, and I am sure you do as well. It is understandable that we are slightly confused at the moment in light of the recent events involving our club.
guestes is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:44   #6699

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Galliani: Pato? We have refused becouse we are brave! We have signed Leonardo and Berlusconi, Silvio will be new tactical master, he is a world class tactician. He taught Sacchi and Cappello everything they know.

Cissokho? no, Favalli is fine now. Forward? Zigoni looks good in Milanello, there is also boriello."
Hahahaha ROFL

on a serious note, This is just something nobody should be excited too much about. It's just like nothing had happened - we're still in need of 3 WC players
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47   #6700

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I'm sorry but this Onyewu transfer is total BS. The man has done very little in his career of note and is now 27, with pretty much nothing to show for it. He comes from Belgium, which let's be honest is hardly the most competitive league and flopped badly in England with Newcastle, where he was half of potentially the worst partnership in the history of top flight football, so much so that the Bramble-Onyewu partnership made mistakes similar to Kaladze last season, and possibly even worse. He's not even an upgrade over Senderos imo, because at least Senderos has shown glimpses of a solid defender at the top level, something Onyewu is yet to do (barring Confed Cup).

Juve meanwhile are apparently actively chasing Santacroce, and we get Onyewu? Other than his physique he adds nothing new to our squad. Quite frankly, a crap transfer even at free.
I must say you speak truth. I don't count this as anything but a freebie that will shut up angry fans and satisfy Berlu's pocket. It is sad to see clubs like Juve pursue Santacore whilst we acquire players of this sort. Yes, he is 27 for God's sake.

I earnestly await the arrival of a QUALITY defender to seal up the greatest hole in our squad for the last two seasons....
guestes is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47   #6701

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
This man is worse then Bonera and Kaladze! There is Albertazzi who, as I hear from some italian posters elsvhere, is a great young player.

This is comedy, we dont need this CB.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:48   #6702

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
I must say though, he talks like a rapper!
guestes is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:50   #6703

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Watching his videos, the man is a hateful player, and may be too physical for Serie A. Look at the way he handles Mexican players in an International. Atleast Senderos used his slide tackling ability cleanly. This player man-handles his opponents.
guestes is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:50   #6704

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Mourinho is releasing Mancini, Quaresma and some others......
Leo likes wingers...Brazilians.....
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:51   #6705

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
---Zing---



To be fair, I normally am not THAT negative about Milan. But in light of recent events, it is hard for me to remain optimistic. Especially when the officials themselves are acting that way.



I had a feeling Kaka' would leave in May. A few believed it here. But then I said, okay we will buy 2-3 players to replace him. Then that seems to have gone down the tubes for the moment.

I will say this: this purchase is about as good or maybe a bit better than Owen's purchase. But then again, it is clear I think that Owen will be given a sub role in Man U. If our new purchase starts, it will be really interesting to see what happens.
Looks like I am more negative than you are on this one, (oops) as I really think this purchase is at most as good but likely wose than ManU's Owen purchase.

Well, what's the point of this comparison anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Galliani: " We have signed the tallest player on the Conf. cup. We couldnt sign some other players becouse the market is over priced. We dont actually follow the market, we buy what we see on tv and what Leonardo says. We have followed him for all 5 games, from which I missed 2, but Leo was watching. Now we'll make the Us tour, sell his shirts and make milions again. Then we'll loan him in january to Torino in co-ownership and they'll pay 500 000 for him. I'll invest that into some of by books. I have alot of books to deal with, more then 50 milion books all around the banks...ops, offices.

Anyway, we have a champion. Pirlo? He is also a champion. Offer hasnt arrived but we hope it will so we can discuss it. Pato? We have refused becouse we are brave! We have signed Leonardo and Berlusconi, Silvio will be new tactical master, he is a world class tactician. He taught Sacchi and Cappello everything they know.

Cissokho? no, Favalli is fine now. Forward? Zigoni looks good in Milanello, there is also boriello."
Now YOU should cheer up a little, buddy. This summer won't do you any good like this. You know that we love you, man. Now go have a beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I'm sorry but this Onyewu transfer is total BS. The man has done very little in his career of note and is now 27, with pretty much nothing to show for it. He comes from Belgium, which let's be honest is hardly the most competitive league and flopped badly in England with Newcastle, where he was half of potentially the worst partnership in the history of top flight football, so much so that the Bramble-Onyewu partnership made mistakes similar to Kaladze last season, and possibly even worse. He's not even an upgrade over Senderos imo, because at least Senderos has shown glimpses of a solid defender at the top level, something Onyewu is yet to do (barring Confed Cup).

Juve meanwhile are apparently actively chasing Santacroce, and we get Onyewu? Other than his physique he adds nothing new to our squad. Quite frankly, a crap transfer even at free.
I admit that I would be much happier had we got Santacroce or Criscito. So hopefully Galliani could snatch them up out of blue someday (this summer, not when they turn 32, ). I am disappointed that we aren't even linked with them these days, but hopefully it is just all "part of plans."

Yeah right.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:56.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.