AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 11:34   #6931

swordfish

Registered User
 
swordfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2009
Location: Zagreb,Croatia
Fave Players: maldini,beckenbauer,baresi,breitner
swordfish is on a distinguished road
we need a LB & RB and a goalkeeper.except of central defenders our defense sucks big time
__________________


--u obrani zgusnuto, u napadu leprsavo--
swordfish is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 11:54   #6932

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
We lost all of our targets that we publicly stated. Its a disgrace. Sheva---> Oliveira and Kaka'----> Fabiano is a joke that whole football world can laugh at! Galliani has no clue what he is doing and Berlusconi is making Milan a club that feeds from the garbage of big clubs. Go on, support them to stay, so we'll loose Pato next summer as well.

If Leonardo wanted and ercognised Cissokho, I believe him 200% about this player. Also all the people from Portugal claim he'll be a great fullback.

"new, fast and young team"(Galliani)? Some people expect that Leonardo is half-god and he'll make Marek and Oddo cross, Pirlo to sprint, Seedorf and Dinho to move as 5 years ago etc. Boriello to become a great player...

NOTHING Berlusconi and Galliani promised was true. I truly hope Milan fans boycot San siro unless this mercato showes signs of an interest in Milan. Its not enuogh to talk about love but to show your love for Milan ( goes to Silvio, fininvest and that moron Piersilvio ).

We have too much players? Sell Favalli, Kaladze, Oddo, Seedorf. And invest in 4 new good palyers, then you'll have a normal number again.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 12:03   #6933

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
It's the 85th minute. We're winning 1-0. We can't seem to hold on to the ball, the opposition is running wild on the wings and every cross seems dangerous. Gooch replaces Pippo and we revert to a 5 man defence, with Zambro, Nesta, Gooch, Thiago and Janku. Every cross seems to magically find the American's head and we make it to the final whistle winning the game.

How many times have we thrown away games last year because of a barrage of crosses that weren't dealt with properly? Gooch would help, even if only in those desperate situations.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
We have too much players? Sell Favalli, Kaladze, Oddo, Seedorf. And invest in 4 new good palyers, then you'll have a normal number again.
Nobody would buy them even if free. They have expensive contracts. We can't let them go because they're tied to us. You can argue that we shouldn't have extended them in the first place, and I agree with you completely on that. Especially Dida. They were mistakes, and we can't do anything about them. Why extend Favalli if you're signing Gooch? But you can't simply demand that they sell players if they can't possibly do that. They tried offering Seedorf to Ajax (i'm expecting it was for free, actually, or something very low) and he declined. I don't think Seedorf will be a starter, but he's not going away. We have to live with the situation we're in and find ways to grow out of it and not repeat the same mistakes.

Dzeko and Marchetti next year, Aly, Gooch, Thiago Silva and Fabiano this year is a great start in my opinion. If we can somehow secure Hernanes next year to transition Pirlo out, that would be even better.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI

Last edited by brk; 08-07-2009 at 12:08.
brk is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 12:28   #6934

swordfish

Registered User
 
swordfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2009
Location: Zagreb,Croatia
Fave Players: maldini,beckenbauer,baresi,breitner
swordfish is on a distinguished road
we have to be real and say that oncoming season will be tough for us,we will probably end on the 4th place,in champions league we'll pass the group stage and will lose in the first knockout game.maybe next season we'll do something in europe but we need new players.especially goalkeeper
__________________


--u obrani zgusnuto, u napadu leprsavo--
swordfish is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 12:55   #6935

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Maybe buying young players is a good (actually, the only workable) idea. After all, you can't do anything about those old and expensive players. They aren't going anywhere. Let's face it, they don't want to and they don't have to. You reap what you sow. Galliani was stupid for offering Dida the 4-year contract at 4M each year, while I am sure that Dida would accept, say, 3-year at 3M, or heck, maybe even 2-year at 2M, back then when he was OUT OF CONTRACT! Now what can you do? We will have wait for them to sit out their contracts, which is the reality.

So maybe we won't see much change at all this year. This sucks, but having an incompetent management like this, this is what's going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
We lost all of our targets that we publicly stated. Its a disgrace. Sheva---> Oliveira and Kaka'----> Fabiano is a joke that whole football world can laugh at! Galliani has no clue what he is doing and Berlusconi is making Milan a club that feeds from the garbage of big clubs. Go on, support them to stay, so we'll loose Pato next summer as well.
actually, the way I looked at it (from hindsight of course), it was Gilardino who was Shevchenko's replacement and Ronaldinho who was Kaka's replacement. I felt that our management was probably tired of all the rumors and sagas, and possibly they knew/saw that they were leaving anyway after two years' heavy link with another team. so they took preemptive action and hoped for smooth transition, which was a safe idea in some sense but it was also de-moralizing and might have catalyzed such change.

and we were unlucky that Gilardino didn't work out and Ronaldinho hasn't shown a sign that he will, but I hope that I am wrong.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 13:03   #6936

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
we have to be real and say that oncoming season will be tough for us,we will probably end on the 4th place,in champions league we'll pass the group stage and will lose in the first knockout game.maybe next season we'll do something in europe but we need new players.especially goalkeeper
dude, you keep bringing up the goalkeeper (don't get wrong, I think it is a valid point and a good goalie is half a team), so I hope you have som names in mind particularly?

on the topic, I have ALWAYS envied Juventus for that. They always had the luxury in Zoff (#1 in NT), Tacconi (#2), Peruzzi (#1), Buffon (#1). What the hell? We had Galli (#3 ?), S. Rossi (no ranking, ), Abbiati (no ranking ) and Dida (#1 in Brazil NT in his time, later years of course). Not to take away anything from our guys, but they are just one level lower. Damn, even Inter had Zenga (#1), Pagliuca (#2 then #1), Toldo (#2) and Julio Cesar (#1 in Brazil NT).

but who should we go for???? that's the question!!!!
__________________
FORZA MILAN

Last edited by Xudong; 08-07-2009 at 13:05.
Xudong is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 13:13   #6937

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't be surprised if MGT offers Seedorf and some others an extension at the end of his current contract.
Remember, they're champions and also a Family..so people who are hoping for their release, don't get your hopes up just yet.


on a serious note: Milan hasn't shown interest in any of the current WC players which means they do not intend to spend money on new players.
Fabiano is good but nothing will be solved having him around.
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 13:26   #6938

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
Yeesh! Let's see if Sevilla want to sell him first. We've had all these players declaring their love for the shirt, yet either we've not made a bid for them, or their clubs don't have a pressing need to sell.

Seriously, just wait till you hear anything from the other team first. We couldn't match Huntelaar's price, we couldn't match Dzeko's price, what makes you think Fester is willing to pay the full fair for him at all? Players can be as confident as they want, and yet they can't do anything if their clubs don't want to sell. Remember, Fabiano doesn't turn 30 till the end of next year, if Fester is looking to use that as leverage to prise him away from Sevilla, then he'll have to wait at least another year first.

Remember, agents will say anything they want so long as they can use it to fill their own pockets. Money talks, and this case is no different.
Huh? Where, exactly, did I say it was a done deal or start jumping up and down with joy? I merely said the comments of Fabiano's agent were encouraging (especially when combined with the player's own previous statements) and noted my own personal reasons why I would prefer someone who wants to play for Milan over someone who is indifferent about the prospect. Huntelaar has an agent too. I haven't heard him declaring his client's desire to move to Milan, nor have I heard Huntelaar himself do that (as Fabiano has previously, just in case you missed it).

Think about it. Use your brain. What poster expends the most effort around here preaching patience to all you worry warts and doomsday prophets? And what poster is the most skeptical about crap that's written in the papers? (Me, in case you hadn't noticed.)

So you're barking up the wrong tree with this sudden epiphany that we should wait and see. But at least I'm glad you've finally figured that out as that's exactly what I've been trying to tell you and a few others about the entire transfer market. So welcome aboard! Now if I can just get you off the negativity train.

And what's all that mumbo jumbo about Galliani waiting until Fabiano is closer to 30? Has Galliani put Fabiano on double secret probation or something?

Oh, and just for the record, Fabiano must not have a very good agent then because he could get a lot more money playing Milan, Manchester United and a couple of other clubs one off the other than by simply declaring "this is where my client wants to go."
__________________
Forza Milan!

Last edited by Rick; 08-07-2009 at 13:31.
Rick is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 13:41   #6939

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if MGT offers Seedorf and some others an extension at the end of his current contract.
Remember, they're champions and also a Family..so people who are hoping for their release, don't get your hopes up just yet.


on a serious note: Milan hasn't shown interest in any of the current WC players which means they do not intend to spend money on new players.
Fabiano is good but nothing will be solved having him around.
I guess that it is still quite possible. We seemed ready to give out impulsive (and irrational) big-cash extension as long as the player did well for 3 or 4 weeks, which is sweet for the players, but disastrous and leads to bitter situation like now.

Galliani was so reliant on Berlusconi's money. I supported him as a Milan guy but I was never really a huge fan of his. I think Milan's success can largely be attributed to Berlu's money (ironically, just like RM's money power NOW), and our luck in having the right players, especially the loyal services of Baresi, Maldini and co. Galliani has done some nice work, so credits where due, but back then we almost monopolized the market (or duopolized the market with Juve). I wouldn't call him totally incompetent, but he wasn't exactly working in a highly competitive or adverse environment.

Galliani was limited to say the least. He was so used to big money splashed around, in wages or transfer fees. All of a sudden, he was told that he would be on his own as there would be no more cash from Berlu's pocket, and that he needed to slash the total wage bill of the CURRENT squad, his way of management became UNSUSTAINABLE, without a chance.

We are going through some painful transition. If we succeed now, the success in a rather long time to go would pretty much be guaranteed, as that would be SUSTAINABLE. So there is something to hope for.

I am just concerned that Galliani is NOT the right person to lead us. He is not up to the challenge. He doesn't have in him what it takes.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 13:55   #6940

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
Maybe buying young players is a good (actually, the only workable) idea. After all, you can't do anything about those old and expensive players. They aren't going anywhere. Let's face it, they don't want to and they don't have to. You reap what you sow. Galliani was stupid for offering Dida the 4-year contract at 4M each year, while I am sure that Dida would accept, say, 3-year at 3M, or heck, maybe even 2-year at 2M, back then when he was OUT OF CONTRACT! Now what can you do? We will have wait for them to sit out their contracts, which is the reality.

So maybe we won't see much change at all this year. This sucks, but having an incompetent management like this, this is what's going to happen.



actually, the way I looked at it (from hindsight of course), it was Gilardino who was Shevchenko's replacement and Ronaldinho who was Kaka's replacement. I felt that our management was probably tired of all the rumors and sagas, and possibly they knew/saw that they were leaving anyway after two years' heavy link with another team. so they took preemptive action and hoped for smooth transition, which was a safe idea in some sense but it was also de-moralizing and might have catalyzed such change.
and we were unlucky that Gilardino didn't work out and Ronaldinho hasn't shown a sign that he will, but I hope that I am wrong.
IF you want to date Megan Fox, you better be prepared for all the staring she is going to get from other men. If you can't handle it, then go for Renee Zellwegger. If Milan, as an organization, cannot handle the fact that other teams could show interest in its players, then they deserve all the crappy players they have been getting from the mercato.
slifersd is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 13:59   #6941

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Great post Xudong,

I just want to say that this "self sustainable club" is nonsense and it is not possible if you want to be challenging for the major trophies year after year.
If you want to be in the "big league" then one must consider the fact that WC football club is something you always lose money to because if you rely only on youth system or bargain players, you'll end up being just plain mediocre.

Money goes away, it's just when you're billionaire you can afford it. Does our owner wants it or not, that's another debate.
Galliani has lost his sugardaddy and now he finds himself in problems but just wish he'd stop treating the fans like little naive children


..anyway, slifersd just beat me to it with a great analogy.
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"

Last edited by Fret; 08-07-2009 at 14:02.
Fret is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 14:02   #6942

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Huh? Where, exactly, did I say it was a done deal or start jumping up and down with joy? I merely said the comments of Fabiano's agent were encouraging (especially when combined with the player's own previous statements) and noted my own personal reasons why I would prefer someone who wants to play for Milan over someone who is indifferent about the prospect. Huntelaar has an agent too. I haven't heard him declaring his client's desire to move to Milan, nor have I heard Huntelaar himself do that (as Fabiano has previously, just in case you missed it).

Think about it. Use your brain. What poster expends the most effort around here preaching patience to all you worry warts and doomsday prophets? And what poster is the most skeptical about crap that's written in the papers? (Me, in case you hadn't noticed.)

So you're barking up the wrong tree with this sudden epiphany that we should wait and see. But at least I'm glad you've finally figured that out as that's exactly what I've been trying to tell you and a few others about the entire transfer market. So welcome aboard! Now if I can just get you off the negativity train.

And what's all that mumbo jumbo about Galliani waiting until Fabiano is closer to 30? Has Galliani put Fabiano on double secret probation or something?

Oh, and just for the record, Fabiano must not have a very good agent then because he could get a lot more money playing Milan, Manchester United and a couple of other clubs one off the other than by simply declaring "this is where my client wants to go."

Your arguement is flawed mate. I don't preach patience because I don't think we're actually going to get the player. I'm being skeptical that the deal will be completed, not anytime soon, just completed (period). After seeing Dzeko slip away because Fester doesn't want to match their asking price, I don't see how they'll make their approach any different with Fabiano. I preach nothing. I'm saying I don't see us getting this guy unless Fester changes his tactics, which he hasn't done in a million years. So saying, I don't see him in Milan unless Fester decides to "Panic Buy" him for a larger amount than he wants to shell out in the first place.

Players above 30 with a few years left on their contracts can opt out of their clubs for a few months salary, peanuts. You didn't know?!?

Thirdly, Manchester DON'T WANT HIM. They just signed Valencia, Owen and now Obertan. What use have they got for players above 26 years of age anyway? Seriously, Owen's gonna do nothing but warm the bench and coach Rooney or something like that.

Lastly, given the signals, it could actually mean that NO ONE but us are interested in Fabiano, which is why the agent is going through all this trouble to get the deal through. We're the best chance that he'll get a paycheck maybe? Or maybe it means we're the only club that rates him at all? I've not heard any other club make an official bid for this guy.

Why don't you grow a brainstem first and actually do some research whilst you're at it

Ah, yes, I love my negativity train, don't think the station is coming up anytime soon. :P


On a side note: Megan Foxxxxxx....

Last edited by Ryo; 08-07-2009 at 14:14.
Ryo is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 14:10   #6943

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Fabregas (45 mil), Eto'o, and half of RM players are allowed to move away from their clubs.
Just a reminder
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 14:21   #6944

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
You can argue that we shouldn't have extended them in the first place, and I agree with you completely on that. Especially Dida.
And who would've saved our asses after Abs went down last season, Kalac or Perucchini?
Blacktop is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 14:33   #6945

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
IF you want to date Megan Fox, you better be prepared for all the staring she is going to get from other men. If you can't handle it, then go for Renee Zellwegger. If Milan, as an organization, cannot handle the fact that other teams could show interest in its players, then they deserve all the crappy players they have been getting from the mercato.
For the record, I don't like either one. Call me strange, but what's the big deal about this Megan Fox lady? It seems that these days her name is everywhere, has she just become the symbol of "hotness"?

Anyway, on the topic, I don't think B&G couldn't handle the heat, rather, I think they grew tired of all the flirtation back and forth and decided to cash in and cut the tie. That's all, we could have kept Kaka, I am sure, but B decided it would be too costly to keep him. I am not trying to pass my judgement here in who is in the right and who is in the wrong, as that's another issue, and you know my answer. :p

And you are absolute right in saying that a top-profile club like Milan is bound to draw much interest from outsiders. (maybe our opinions aren't that different after all.) Maldini was pursued by Chelsea and Real Madrid year after year, but never to a point that turned ugly or irritating. I guess that's why Maldini is Maldini while Kaka is only Kaka. Forza Maldini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
Great post Xudong,

I just want to say that this "self sustainable club" is nonsense and it is not possible if you want to be challenging for the major trophies year after year.
If you want to be in the "big league" then one must consider the fact that WC football club is something you always lose money to because if you rely only on youth system or bargain players, you'll end up being just plain mediocre.

Money goes away, it's just when you're billionaire you can afford it. Does our owner wants it or not, that's another debate.
Galliani has lost his sugardaddy and now he finds himself in problems but just wish he'd stop treating the fans like little naive children


..anyway, slifersd just beat me to it with a great analogy.
I wouldn't call it a total nonsense, more like an "ultimate dream." Juve at Moggi's era was closest to that paradigm. Selling Zidane while getting Thuram, Buffon and Nedved is something I would call sustainable development.

Again, I admit that it would be a dream, as you have to have the right person to execute all that. Sadly, we don't. Heck, maybe a clean Moggi wouldn't have pulled it off either. so we never know.

It just bums me that we are so tied to the personal mood of Berlusconi. Once he decides that he is no mood to play along, we suffer so bad. Even worse, that dirty bastard doesn't even want to sell. And what can we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
Your arguement is flawed mate. I don't preach patience because I don't think we're actually going to get the player. I'm being skeptical that the deal will be completed, not anytime soon, just completed (period). After seeing Dzeko slip away because Fester doesn't want to match their asking price, I don't see how they'll make their approach any different with Fabiano. I preach nothing. I'm saying I don't see us getting this guy unless Fester changes his tactics, which he hasn't done in a million years. So saying, I don't see him in Milan unless Fester decides to "Panic Buy" him for a larger amount than he wants to shell out in the first place.

Players above 30 with a few years left on their contracts can opt out of their clubs for a few months salary, peanuts. You didn't know?!?

Thirdly, Manchester DON'T WANT HIM. They just signed Valencia, Owen and now Obertan. What use have they got for players above 26 years of age anyway? Seriously, Owen's gonna do nothing but warm the bench and coach Rooney or something like that.

Lastly, given the signals, it could actually mean that NO ONE but us are interested in Fabiano, which is why the agent is going through all this trouble to get the deal through. We're the best chance that he'll get a paycheck maybe? Or maybe it means we're the only club that rates him at all? I've not heard any other club make an official bid for this guy.

Why don't you grow a brainstem first and actually do some research whilst you're at it

Ah, yes, I love my negativity train, don't think the station is coming up anytime soon. :P


On a side note: Megan Foxxxxxx....
Firstly, easy dudes. NO need to play nasty. I enjoy reading posts from both of you. I am not the police here, but I would hate to see either one of you leave. So take it easy on each other.

Secondly, Megan Foxxxxxx again? with six "x"es? What the hell is with you guys?

Thirdly, there is a limit of no more than 10 smilies? including the ones from quoted material?
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:08.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.