AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 08:00   #7021

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Honestly, the only reason why Berlu is not putting money into Milan is not about whether he still has passion or not for the club, it's about his political career. He cannot have Milan spending millions when Italy's economy is in crisis. Berlu is weighing up the amount of fans for Milan and how many Italians have decided that their economic futures are more important than Berlu's billionaire playboy (should be playoldman, but it doesn't sound right) antics.

However, I understand why he would say that Milan is good as it is. For Berlu, this is not a statement for the fans, this is for his players. If you were a Milan player, and you didn't get public support from your owner, you'd feel angry, wouldn't you?

Put it in this way: If you had a job where your performance was of public interest, wouldn't you want your boss to give you public support? Morale has to be high with the players at Milan, and you get the sense that they know what they have to do, and Ambro has spoken of Milan's need to improve their performances.

I think Nesta is being bet on, heavily. It is a risk, but so are all sporting choices. Favalli was extended for his experience, Bonera I think is being trusted with a bigger role for this coming year. I feel for Bonera, I think he is a player who has not fulfilled his potential, but maybe he can be a late bloomer like Legro at Juve?

I think if you take a step back away from Milan, you just realize that our team is much better than you'd think. Our midfield is directed towards keeping stability, ensuring that possession stays in Milan's hands.

It seems that Leonardo will also be utilizing more attacking full backs, in fact, he will rely upon them. If that's the case, then Janku's defensive problems obviously aren't that big of a deal then, right? Sure, it'd be nice to have Maxwell, Cissoko, or Crisicto, but is Janku really that bad of an option?

Oddo is a good back-up for Zambro, and Zambro can play on either side, and who knows, maybe Luca Antonini will make a step up? I also cannot wait to see how Abate and Di Gennaro fit in Milan's squad. I also wonder about Viudez and Cardacio, perhaps Leonardo (who we all know is good at spotting talent, right?) has plans for them?

I think the most important thing is, this is Leonardo's first season, he is a young coach, and is in a far more difficult league than what Guardiola had to deal with and with a club with less resources (currently) available to its coach.

It seems obvious that Leonardo has taken a page out of Pep's book in requiring a higher work rate and this should be music to many's ears, and it seems that Milan will be a team that will work and fight for the ball, and clearly Leonardo has faith in the team and there is nothing better than players who are champions who feel they have something to prove.

Is Dinho a gamble? Yes. But, in all seriousness, without completely gutting the team and changing its entire style, which would make the transition even more painful and long, it seems Milan has no choice but to rely on Dinho. Again, our formation will look like this:

------------Abbiati
Zambro--Nesta--T. Silva--Janku
-Gattuso---Pirlo---Ambro/Flamini
-------------Dinho
-----Luis Fabiano---Pato

Not a major overhaul, because if you're honest, we don't have to have a massive overhaul. Our players, outside of Pato, are very highly regarded, and there is a difference between your average fan and people inside of football. If you ask those who really know their football, they know that Dinho is a gamble, but when you know what he can do, it's not a tough gamble to make.

I think the big signings really come next season, and it will be a gradual transition, because that's how players come in and out of Milan, to ensure stability and to put the club in the best place for success. Would you endure what Barca did prior to Ronaldinho (and really Davids) saving Barca? Sure, the last two years have been bad, but last year was more about injuries, and the players have said that, and if you don't trust them, then who do you trust?

We have always been doomed, we have always been a team of players who are too old, we don't have any invention, we have lost something that we should never have lost, and we have always bounced back. Just believe, if we have the positive energy, we can succeed, we can do well, but the first step is belief. This is not about being pessimistic or optimistic, this is about putting ourselves and our players in the best mindset possible.
Thanks for another thoughtful and well-reasoned post Samaldinho. Honestly, when I logged off last night I was so sick of all the b1tching and whining -- all the negativity in what seems like 90 percent of the posts around here, all the naysayers and doomsday prophets who seem to have a direct line into the minds of Galliani and Berlusconi so that they know exactly what their evil plans are and how they're plotting the end of Milan -- that I was seriously thinking about waiting until the season started before visiting this site again. I only clicked in on a whim, figuring I would see nothing but the doomsday crap and think "yep, I was right; this is just useless." But your post gave me a glimmer of hope and reminded me that there are still fans who can look at things reasonably. Good job!
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:03   #7022

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Everybody wants for Milan to win trophies and play good no matter what.
I can't just decide to stop being a Milan fan...it's in my heart....

But some people show their love by supporting everything this MGT does, and some show their support with criticizing when things start to go down hill whis is at least constructive, unlike being a sheep (not to offend anyone)



..let's just not split among ourselves into fractions now....
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:04   #7023

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
with the ending sentences you are making all of us like we hope dont win this season. i`m sure that everybody in this forums (except Gabriel,who publicly stated today that he doesnt want milan to win,so Berlu doesnt feel like he should stop pouring money in Milan ) wants Milan to win titles this year.

The only difference btw me and you is thati want to win for US, for our pleasure for our sake,and even Berlu`s sake, not to show/proof MADRID wrong, when in reality nobody wouldnt mind having kaka and CR7 here(because what you basically saying is that if CR7 benzema and albiol were to come here you would be unhappy.

Me personaly, couldnt care less for them, even more when my team is going down atm.
I don't ESPECIALLY want Milan to win to prove to other teams anything, but if we win, it will be a kind of proof. It's what I wanted to say. Each year, like you and like a lot of people, I hope we will win a title (if possible Serie A or CL), not to prove anything but just for the fact of winning and the pleasure, joy that gives to me, to us, to the club.

Then of course, I wouldn't be unhappy to have these players (even if actually, I wouldn't complain, but I wouldn't be the happiest guy in the world with them as I don't like Benzema and I don't especially like Ronaldo too even if I have to admit he is one of the best players on this planet), but we went in another direction, and complaining all the time about that won't change anything.

Of course, my last sentence wasn't said correctly, but I'm so sick to read all these pessimistic points of view ... I will check if you are in the pessimistic bandwagon, but you have to admit that it's starting to be all the time the same posts ?!

PS: Jay Crisp publicly said he would have prefered if we ended 4th and disqualified from the CL ... it's one more ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:06   #7024

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Thanks for another thoughtful and well-reasoned post Samaldinho. Honestly, when I logged off last night I was so sick of all the b1tching and whining -- all the negativity in what seems like 90 percent of the posts around here, all the naysayers and doomsday prophets who seem to have a direct line into the minds of Galliani and Berlusconi so that they know exactly what their evil plans are and how they're plotting the end of Milan -- that I was seriously thinking about waiting until the season started before visiting this site again. I only clicked in on a whim, figuring I would see nothing but the doomsday crap and think "yep, I was right; this is just useless." But your post gave me a glimmer of hope and reminded me that there are still fans who can look at things reasonably. Good job!
I'm saved, you noticed too ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:08   #7025

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
Everybody wants for Milan to win trophies and play good no matter what.
I can't just decide to stop being a Milan fan...it's in my heart....

But some people show their love by supporting everything this MGT does, and some show their support with criticizing when things start to go down hill whis is at least constructive, unlike being a sheep (not to offend anyone)



..let's just not split among ourselves into fractions now....
You know, sheeps are the people who always support the management, but not only ... it's also the people who always bash the management. It goes in both ways.

The constructive people are the ones who are able to positively criticize when something is good and who are able to negatively criticize when they think something is bad ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:09   #7026

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I think you guys have to distinguish the ones being reasonable and the ones being positive.

I don't think it matters if you r being positive or negative about the current situation as this is a forum, fans have rights to express their opinions.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:09   #7027

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Yesss, you said it my friend
..."when things go bad"



..things are bad for the last two seasons
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:11   #7028

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I don't ESPECIALLY want Milan to win to prove to other teams anything, but if we win, it will be a kind of proof. It's what I wanted to say. Each year, like you and like a lot of people, I hope we will win a title (if possible Serie A or CL), not to prove anything but just for the fact of winning and the pleasure, joy that gives to me, to us, to the club.

Then of course, I wouldn't be unhappy to have these players (even if actually, I wouldn't complain, but I wouldn't be the happiest guy in the world with them as I don't like Benzema and I don't especially like Ronaldo too even if I have to admit he is one of the best players on this planet), but we went in another direction, and complaining all the time about that won't change anything.

Of course, my last sentence wasn't said correctly, but I'm so sick to read all these pessimistic points of view ... I will check if you are in the pessimistic bandwagon, but you have to admit that it's starting to be all the time the same posts ?!

PS: Jay Crisp publicly said he would have prefered if we ended 4th and disqualified from the CL ... it's one more ...
Very well put. I've gotten to the point where I only log on to see what Saliwonczyk has picked up from the rumor mill and what he thinks. The rest is a bunch of whining. No matter who we sign or dont sign, someone is going to come out and make a major complaint.

Everyone has been bashing Galliani on here when it comes to his money management, but what is so wrong with trying to low-ball a team?? Sevilla threw out a 35m price tag on Sevilla. Galliani is trying to bring them back to life and say he's not worth that much. WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THAT!!?? If we can sign the hottest striker out there at the moment (Based on Confed Cup performance) for less than 20m, is anyone going to complain?

Trust me, I dont believe when he says our market is over after Fabiano or a striker. We all know there is a search for a left back or else we would have never "almost-signed" Cissokho. To be honest (I know I will get yelled at for this one), I would really like Dossena as a cheap option. He was amazing two years ago in Serie A, he's Italian, and to be honest, never was given a chance by Rafa's rotation in Liverpool.

MiamiMilanista is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:11   #7029

naif1980

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2009
Fave Players: all milan players
naif1980 is on a distinguished road
gabriel , i totally disagree with you. Seedorf just turned 34 and he still can do alot for the team, favalli is a very good substitute and he has experience and can play in the left or as central defender, also can play in coppa italia.
personally i think milan need only a good goalkeeper ( maybe amelia ) , and a new LB as it seemed in the last season that janko can`t continue playin untill the end of the season. and a striker ( i prefer huntlaar ) and a CM such as hernanez and i prefer a good play who wudn`t mind to stay on the bench.

lets just hope that galliani will close the deal with a striker, maybe fabiano but i think he is expensive for his age.
naif1980 is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:14   #7030

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
Very well put. I've gotten to the point where I only log on to see what Saliwonczyk has picked up from the rumor mill and what he thinks. The rest is a bunch of whining. No matter who we sign or dont sign, someone is going to come out and make a major complaint.

Everyone has been bashing Galliani on here when it comes to his money management, but what is so wrong with trying to low-ball a team?? Sevilla threw out a 35m price tag on Sevilla. Galliani is trying to bring them back to life and say he's not worth that much. WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THAT!!?? If we can sign the hottest striker out there at the moment (Based on Confed Cup performance) for less than 20m, is anyone going to complain?

Trust me, I dont believe when he says our market is over after Fabiano or a striker. We all know there is a search for a left back or else we would have never "almost-signed" Cissokho. To be honest (I know I will get yelled at for this one), I would really like Dossena as a cheap option. He was amazing two years ago in Serie A, he's Italian, and to be honest, never was given a chance by Rafa's rotation in Liverpool.

It is true that people are complaining and praising left right front and center lately.

Not going to discuss the Luis' deal as I think Galli is doing what every MGT should be doing.
But for the Cissohko's deal. Thats something I really cannot handle and deal with as from the looks of it, I really think Galli tried to get a discount on a player after the deal was done.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:15   #7031

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMilanista View Post
Everyone has been bashing Galliani on here when it comes to his money management, but what is so wrong with trying to low-ball a team?? Sevilla threw out a 35m price tag.
Galliani is trying to bring them back to life and say he's not worth that much. WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THAT!!??
Hey man, I agree with you and Galli is right when trying to save some money.
In the case of Fabiano, I think 20 mill is too much for him and even I wouldn't pay more.

But you can't go out and offer 20 mil for David Villa or Fabregas.....
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:16   #7032

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
If you just look at the facts(our first team),then we can win the C.League,the group stage we will survive,thats just nothing to worry about,but really looking to our first team.....we won the CL with Janku as LB so we can do it again!

Abbiati
Zambrotta-Nesta-Silva-Janku
Rhino-Pirlo-Ambro
Pato-Fabiano-Dinho.

Really is it so bad?No its worldclass acctually,if this team can play up to standard they can win anything..
Dutchie-Milan is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:17   #7033

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by naif1980 View Post
gabriel , i totally disagree with you. Seedorf just turned 34 and he still can do alot for the team, favalli is a very good substitute and he has experience and can play in the left or as central defender, also can play in coppa italia.
personally i think milan need only a good goalkeeper ( maybe amelia ) , and a new LB as it seemed in the last season that janko can`t continue playin untill the end of the season. and a striker ( i prefer huntlaar ) and a CM such as hernanez and i prefer a good play who wudn`t mind to stay on the bench.

lets just hope that galliani will close the deal with a striker, maybe fabiano but i think he is expensive for his age.
A SEEDORF/Mr. 4-TIME CL winner fan. You must be the first one I met in years.
You say that Seedorf is 34 and can still gives a lot to the team. Well, what had he done for the team since he was 32? NOTHING.
As for Favalli, personally I don't mind him as a backup player, but I would rather have that spot for guys like Darmian or Alberterzzi. ESP in games in Coppa Italia.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:17   #7034

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
It is true that people are complaining and praising left right front and center lately.

Not going to discuss the Luis' deal as I think Galli is doing what every MGT should be doing.
But for the Cissohko's deal. Thats something I really cannot handle and deal with as from the looks of it, I really think Galli tried to get a discount on a player after the deal was done.
Definitely not going to debate that one. To me, it's quite the embarassment and supposedly we have a good relationship with Porto (this debacle should kill it).

I just read that Bari are chasing Andreolli. He played extremely well for the U-21s. I would love a Criscito and Andreolli swoop!
MiamiMilanista is offline  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:20   #7035

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie-Milan View Post
If you just look at the facts(our first team),then we can win the C.League,the group stage we will survive,thats just nothing to worry about,but really looking to our first team.....we won the CL with Janku as LB so we can do it again!

Abbiati
Zambrotta-Nesta-Silva-Janku
Rhino-Pirlo-Ambro
Pato-Fabiano-Dinho.

Really is it so bad?No its worldclass acctually,if this team can play up to standard they can win anything..
May I remind you the miracles Kaka did against ManU and Bayern on the way for the CL win in 07. Then if it was not for Kaka dribbling and drawing in defenders against Pool in the final, there would have been no freekicks within 40ms of Pool's goal.

What I am saying is that winning CL does rely on luck more than the depth of the team. But with our current squad, even with Luis coming, Milan must hope to have easy draws every round while all the starting 11 remains in form and uninjure.
Gabriel489 is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:16.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.