AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 05:15   #7156

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I strongly disagree:
- it's hilarious, it's sad, it's pathetic, etc, why ? Has Pirlo been sold already ? For moment, he is a Milan player ...
- Barcelona put Puyol as a fullback = they have enough CB to cover the position ? You see the situation in a way, I see it like they didn't have enough fullbacks in their team. They didn't replace Puyol with a CB but with a midfielder (Touré), so it's like if we did use Ambrosini as a CB when we had all the injuries ...
You cant just disagree coz you want to for some reason. I didnt say that it is pathetic/hillarious, I said that if we sell Pirlo and invest that in LB, that would be pathetic ( commenting on todays rumour that Milan will invest Pirlo's money in a fullback ). Becouse it would, after all the money Milan made so far. If you disagree with that and you think that we do need more money so we can invest, 80mln so far is not enough, then ok.

They have 2 fullbacks for the right side: Puyol and Alves. For the left they have Abidal and Silvinho. MArquez, Puyol, Millito, Pique, Caceres, Toure ( who, as a difference to Ambrosini, has played as a CB sometimes in his career and is capable of it - maybe not for man marking Drogba, but he is capable. While Ambrosini has never done it and 99% never will. So this example you put is not true. Only part where Ambro and CB position get together in reality are Galliani's sentences/fantasies.) Busquets is a player that was able to play DM, so the rotation was not forced, but prepared since the squad was created as a possibility.

So its 6 CB solution. and 4 for fullback.

And so har our mercato is hillarious and pathetic. Selling Pirlo and investing part of that money for a LB would truly be sad. My oppinion. Hre, I explained it nicely.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:20   #7157

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
To be honest, no question the defense is the problem.
Unlike most of you, I actually think the midfield is more of a problem than Strikers.

I am not going to use stats as thats very deceiving. The point is that, if Milan do call back Polashi. TO have him and Pato with Pippo and Borreillo. That might not be a super striker force but it is more than enough for the league. Esp. Borreillo as I think he will break out next season. I thought he was going to do that last year but he got hurt and got dumped by his g/f.

The midfield is where I see most of the problems lie. Pirlo is playing too deep(that might be b/c of the defense). And when Beckham, Seedorf, Pirlo and Kaka/Dinho all played together, they were all fighting to control the ball, where only Beck and Kaka seems to be the one who moves around. Sometime there were no movement at all from the midfield. I don't think it is a concidence that when Ambro started to run, while Seedorf got injured, that MIlan played its best football during that span last season. The thing is, I don't think Leo have the guts to bench Seedorf(if he does not run) yet. Also the moment that the MGT appears to offer a new contract to Ambro, he just stopped running in the match.
Pirlo need someone to run up and down the flank to be at his best, while Milan really does not have enough players to do that. Abate, DiGennaro sure have the will to do so, but will Leo have the guts to sit guys like Ambro(CAPTAIN), Seedorf and even Gattuso.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:21   #7158

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
Mrki where did you get those stories that IF Pirlo would leave,Milan would invest the money in a LB?It seems that the stories are rather reporing that we are chasing A.Santos from Brazil and that the money from Pirlo will be invest in Ledesma or D'Agostino....????
Dutchie-Milan is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:23   #7159

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie-Milan View Post
Mrki where did you get those stories that IF Pirlo would leave,Milan would invest the money in a LB?It seems that the stories are rather reporing that we are chasing A.Santos from Brazil and that the money from Pirlo will be invest in Ledesma or D'Agostino....????
It is true though in a way. Where else would we get the required money from, if we buy Fabaino for around 18 million? The cautious way we are buying, it's not as if Berlu is goign to pull money out of nowhere. All the money used in transfers has come from sales, not investments when we were truly powerful.

Last edited by guestes; 10-07-2009 at 05:26.
guestes is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:24   #7160

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
Nicastro is a attacker from the Primavera team of Catania,Milan is really taking it serious with these youth players,how many do they plan to buy,with all the money spend on the Primavera players we could have bought Andre Santos already....
Dutchie-Milan is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:26   #7161

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
But Puyol, at start, doesn't have to play as a fullback and never played in that position !! He's a pure CB, nothing more and he was used as a RB because Guardiola had no choice ...

Then, you said, if we don't sell Pirlo, our mercato will be less pathetic, so that means, for you, this mercato is already pathetic. You even start your last post by saying you didn't say it's pathetic for moment and end it by saying it has been pathetic so far ... ????

When you say that Touré already played as a CB, it surely happened, yes, a couple of times, and when I say a couple of times, I mean 2 or 4 times.

So again, what you point out as a planned formation and a planned solution to injury/red card problems, I point it out as an emergency choice ... an emergency choice that worked. If Touré made like Abidal against Italy in Euro for example (red card when used as a CB for the first time in the competition, and to anticipate any reaction, Abidal played as a very good CB for years in Lille if I'm correct or maybe before, in Monaco, I don't remember), everyone would have said that this Barcelona team lacked something (especially on the bench) or that Guardiola made the wrong choices ... but like that worked, everyone says it's amazing, fabulous and that Guardiola is a genius.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:26   #7162

Dutchie-Milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
It is true though in a way. Where else would we get the required money from, if we buy Fabaino fo around 18 million?
????

Like i said,it seems that Braida is in Brazil to deal with Santos,and that guy cost only 6 million,i dont think Galliani will sell Pirlo to buy a player worth 6 million...

I think Santos and Fabiano will come and thats it,IF Pirlo leaves the money will be invested in Ledesma/Agostino.....and the leftover money will be used to ''balance the books'' a.k.a they are going to pocket it...
Dutchie-Milan is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:26   #7163

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
No one is comparing Silvinho to Favalli (though, honestly, is there that much of a difference between THOSE two?)
Seriousely? There is a world of difference.

Your post is fair, I agree. The problem is that we havent seen enough of our new CB so we cannot somment it more. But people in here already know everything about Kaladze, Bonera and Favalli. They wanted a player better then all of them, young player like Criscito, Santacroce. Galliani also said ne wCB will replace Senderos, which means he'll be 5th CB. Favalli is 6th. Since people are worried about Nesta being capable of playing 45 games per year, and about Thiago, they wanted one good CB, better then Bonera and Kaladze. Which, honestly, from what I've seen, our new US CB isnt ( cant spell the man never. I will learn ).

Abate and Di Gennaro are players we all saw, at least I have that feeling in here. Its pretty obvious where abate can be used, while there is a bit to discuss about Di Gennaro. Some say he'll play deep playmaker, some say CAM. Whatever happenbs, its clear Di Gennaro is not a player like Giovinco. He needs more time and more patience. For a team like Milan this player can only be a rotation element, which will not play in CL and big games.

Further detail discussion about Abate and Di Gennaro is welcomed is you ask me.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:28   #7164

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
To be honest, no question the defense is the problem.
Unlike most of you, I actually think the midfield is more of a problem than Strikers.

I am not going to use stats as thats very deceiving. The point is that, if Milan do call back Polashi. TO have him and Pato with Pippo and Borreillo. That might not be a super striker force but it is more than enough for the league. Esp. Borreillo as I think he will break out next season. I thought he was going to do that last year but he got hurt and got dumped by his g/f.

The midfield is where I see most of the problems lie. Pirlo is playing too deep(that might be b/c of the defense). And when Beckham, Seedorf, Pirlo and Kaka/Dinho all played together, they were all fighting to control the ball, where only Beck and Kaka seems to be the one who moves around. Sometime there were no movement at all from the midfield. I don't think it is a concidence that when Ambro started to run, while Seedorf got injured, that MIlan played its best football during that span last season. The thing is, I don't think Leo have the guts to bench Seedorf(if he does not run) yet. Also the moment that the MGT appears to offer a new contract to Ambro, he just stopped running in the match.
Pirlo need someone to run up and down the flank to be at his best, while Milan really does not have enough players to do that. Abate, DiGennaro sure have the will to do so, but will Leo have the guts to sit guys like Ambro(CAPTAIN), Seedorf and even Gattuso.

That is if we get Fabiano. until we get a new CF, the midfield will be less of a priority. As for defense, it is and has remained the no.1 problem for almost three seasons now. Every transfer window, we have failed to adequately reinforce it, and I will be mad if Galliani thinks narrow-mindedly ignores it again.
guestes is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:29   #7165

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
To be honest, no question the defense is the problem.
Unlike most of you, I actually think the midfield is more of a problem than Strikers.

I am not going to use stats as thats very deceiving. The point is that, if Milan do call back Polashi. TO have him and Pato with Pippo and Borreillo. That might not be a super striker force but it is more than enough for the league. Esp. Borreillo as I think he will break out next season. I thought he was going to do that last year but he got hurt and got dumped by his g/f.
About Paloschi, he won't be called back as Parma and Milan agreed about the fact that Paloschi has to stay one more year in Parma and will then come back (of course, it probably depends on his season too).

So our striking force is just Pato, Borriello coming from a year off and Inzaghi who is amazing in Spring. We do need another striker, I would even say that if we can take both Fabiano and Dzeko (which won't happen), I'd do it with closed eyes.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:29   #7166

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I thought Pugol started as a RB and then changed to CB.

As for Santos, to be honest, I don't think he is an upgrade to Janku.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:29   #7167

Fret

Registered User
 
Fret's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: Croatia, Zagreb
Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Rumor is that Eto'o is looking his way out of Barca.......
What do you guys think? Better than Fabiano, no?
__________________
Galliani: "We rule the transfer market"
Fret is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:30   #7168

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Seriousely? There is a world of difference.

Your post is fair, I agree. The problem is that we havent seen enough of our new CB so we cannot somment it more. But people in here already know everything about Kaladze, Bonera and Favalli. They wanted a player better then all of them, young player like Criscito, Santacroce. Galliani also said ne wCB will replace Senderos, which means he'll be 5th CB. Favalli is 6th. Since people are worried about Nesta being capable of playing 45 games per year, and about Thiago, they wanted one good CB, better then Bonera and Kaladze. Which, honestly, from what I've seen, our new US CB isnt ( cant spell the man never. I will learn ).

Abate and Di Gennaro are players we all saw, at least I have that feeling in here. Its pretty obvious where abate can be used, while there is a bit to discuss about Di Gennaro. Some say he'll play deep playmaker, some say CAM. Whatever happenbs, its clear Di Gennaro is not a player like Giovinco. He needs more time and more patience. For a team like Milan this player can only be a rotation element, which will not play in CL and big games.

Further detail discussion about Abate and Di Gennaro is welcomed is you ask me.
Di Genarro will play back-up to Dihno, but as a playmaker, his skills may be questionable. he joins an attcking department overloaded with strikers similar to him (not tall targetman).

Just asking, how are Fabaino's aerial skills?
guestes is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:31   #7169

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
About Paloschi, he won't be called back as Parma and Milan agreed about the fact that Paloschi has to stay one more year in Parma and will then come back (of course, it probably depends on his season too).

So our striking force is just Pato, Borriello coming from a year off and Inzaghi who is amazing in Spring. We do need another striker, I would even say that if we can take both Fabiano and Dzeko (which won't happen), I'd do it with closed eyes.
I know Polashi won't be back now. What I meant to say is that the strikers are not really what Milan needed(before the loan out Polashi again), as they have 4 capable strikers. Thus they should have concentrate on the midfield instead of seraching for a striker.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:31   #7170

guestes

Registered User
 
guestes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fret View Post
Rumor is that Eto'o is looking his way out of Barca.......
What do you guys think? Better than Fabiano, no?
Better of course, but remind yourself of the major attitude problem and high wages attatched!

Eto'o won't come cheap either, and will be more expensive than anyone we have pursued this transfer window.....
guestes is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.